03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
sweet jesus it's real

i'm shaking and dying

i'm so excited i can't even watch it properly

I need to calm down

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD

Look at all those papers in the air ready for collecting!

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Welp, this confirms the leaks.

I'm going to watch it now...

rob.davies2014
03-21-2014, 04:41 PM
It's next gen only.
I think it looks amazing!! :D

Ureh
03-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Took a while to load the vid on my slow internet, but it was so worth it. Looks absolutely breathtaking.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
And with this trailer, I hope people can dismiss worries about the game looking ugly or being monochrome. :p

aprice07
03-21-2014, 04:43 PM
I realize this isn't an actual gameplay trailer, but I imagine that the large crowd will be something that they are able to do on next gen consoles. I don't know if anybody else played Dead Rising 3, but the amount of zombies that were on screen that you could kill was awesome. I'm just picturing what they could with the crowds in this game now.

*P.S. first post but I've been around reading this forum since AC1. :)

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 04:44 PM
It seriously look so good. That's ingame footage, right? I can't wait for it all to change and look totally different but I'm so excited right now that I don't even care!

Can't wait for a press properly introducing Arnaldo. And I like his robes, so fancy and assassiny.

I'm also curious about the tittle and if Ubi will drop the numbers from now on.

luckyto
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
The sheer size that I imagine of that city is kind of what blows me away... And the texture detail. If the actual game is anywhere near that ... wow.

Perk89
03-21-2014, 04:46 PM
ugh at the Edward hood being back.

it was nice as a one off but now it's time for the beak to return.

and lol at "The following trailer comprised entirely of CGi is made up of alpha game footage"

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:46 PM
The sheer size that I imagine of that city is kind of what blows me away... And the texture detail. If the actual game is anywhere near that ... wow.

And then it turns out it was running on a PC and the console version will look like wired stick figures wrapped around with clay.:rolleyes:

Perk89
03-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Ultimately I'm just hoping the series will take itself seriously for this installment.

do away with the quirkiness and implausibility that has increasingly grown in it and give us a great story

ACfan443
Holy sh*t my jaw dropped

Got some serious AC1 trailer vibes

Skelface
La France. :cool:

Radman500
is the protagonist black? look at side of his face at 0:48?

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Mother**** of god :O

Dat City

Got some serious AC1 trailer vibes

And AC2. Ezio's family execution.

jayjay275
Surely that isn't in game footage (Alpha), as I still believe the civilian NPC count is going to be pretty low still. :(
Looks awesome though. :P
Reminds me of AC1 trailer.

JustPlainQuirky
is the protagonist black? look at side of his face at 0:48?

Take a closer look brah. He's white.

oliacr
03-21-2014, 04:51 PM
disappointing at first watch.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Glad Arno doesn't seem to have a mustache.

I like my characters mustache-less.

ACfan443
It said 'alpha game footage'

That looks pretty darn impressive for game footage.

GreySkellig
Argh...I'm so torn now knowing this is real. On the one hand...French Revolution, not my ideal setting. Feels like more of the same 18th century European stuff/riding the Les Mis wave. I mean, yes there's going to be some big buildings, but the city streets themselves look a LOT like AC3, just a little more disheveled.

On the other hand, since this is now confirmed as the current-gen title, I think Paris is a great opportunity to take the series to a new height of gameplay and immersion. The higher tech specs could give us denser crowds, building interiors, smarter AI detection, larger cities (Paris has the biggest urban sprawl of any European city) and my personal dream--no load screens, something I really think they could have done on AC4's current-gen version instead of just updating the smoke, foliage and draw distance.

All in all, mixed feelings. I always wind up loving the settings, but I'm really starting to get fatigued of "Europeans with guns fight other Europeans with guns over Enlightenment-era ideology". Add to that the Francophile frenzy of Les Mis, and I'm wondering if this game might not just feel thematically stale. Still, excited for a new generation of AC in a giant city.

Sidebar: I definitely do not buy this as game footage, unless Ubisoft has taken a major left turn in AC's art style. This looks in line with CG trailers for previous games.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 04:53 PM
I hate that Ubi does that, november is too close for me not to expect it, but too far for me to handle. I don't even know how I am going to go back to work now, all I wanna do is watch this useless footage who might not even represent the game at all.

It's so weird, I'm craving for the next games even though we just for 3 in the last months (BF, FC and LHD)

jayjay275
03-21-2014, 04:54 PM

Indeed. I often tell myself though, that the final game will obviously not look as good.
Hype though.

luckyto
03-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Holiday 2014. Given that this is Alpha Footage... basically Pre-Viz. Just a wild guess --- but it appears that Ubi is running behind schedule this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see everything come a bit late...

Dome500
03-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Wow....

I know this is probably a cinematic or polished version of alpha footage but..... Look at the damn graphics
Guys, I get a strong AC1/AC2-mixed vibe here :O

OH, and btw: the beginning of the trailer suggests indoor environments.... No wonder, since France has so many courts, palaces and opera houses...

TorQue1988
Whoa, the buildings look absolutely MASSIVE. I'm loving the attention to detail, and guys it really is in-game and not CGI, just wait and see if you don't believe me.

kosmoscreed
Looks awesome, I need to reconnect with this franchise, I love it to dead but I'm a little burned, please make something different, even more than Black Flag.

JustPlainQuirky
Personally I'm just excited to waltz around france in my blue assassin garb.

LatinaC09
03-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Finally!!! Wasn't expecting a trailer today but hey that is awesome!!!!

jayjay275
03-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Wow....

I know this is probably a cinematic or polished version of alpha footage but..... Look at the damn graphics
Guys, I get a strong AC1/AC2-mixed vibe here :O

OH, and btw: the beginning of the trailer suggests indoor environments.... No wonder, since France has so many courts, palaces and opera houses...

I damn hope so.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
would be awesome if you could order for people to be executed in this game.

Just point at someone and the crowd snatches them and drags them to the guillatine.

ACfan443
03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Indeed. I often tell myself though, that the final game will obviously not look as good.
Hype though.

I fear a downgrade of some scope will be inevitable, that just looks far too good.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
I fear a downgrade of some scope will be inevitable, that just looks far too good.

Have you seen The Order: 1886 gameplay footage? It's possible. Question is if Ubisoft will take the time to invest in such HQ graphics.

Dome500
03-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Looks awesome, I need to reconnect with this franchise, I love it to dead but I'm a little burned, please make something different, even more than Black Flag.

Easy. Wait until 1 week after release. Watch the first 3 - 4 parts of a Let's Play. Then decide if you want to buy.

Locopells
03-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Dang it, I go away for an hour and this happens! Well I'll be...

Oh and:

...and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand...

Bwahahaha!

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 05:01 PM
For god's sake guys, the trailer is CGI, not game footage.

jayjay275
03-21-2014, 05:02 PM

Yup yup. Glad it is next-gen only.
What does this mean for last gen?

JustPlainQuirky
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is CGI.

Though is possible to make in-game that realistic.

Dome500
Have you seen The Order: 1886 gameplay footage? It's possible. Question is if Ubisoft will take the time to invest in such HQ graphics.

Agreed, though one has to mention that the Order seems pretty linear, which means AC has to cater for a real open world while the Order doesn't have to. Anyway, I wouldn't mind A SMALL downgrade. But seriously, have you seen the recent Watch Dogs trailer? Everyone was like "graphics are shiet" and the newest trailer showing the PS-exclusive outfit is just as pretty as the old trailers were. I think a downgrade is not necessary. Does of course depend on the question for which console this is being made. My guess is next gen only. So I DEFINITELY have to upgrade my PC before that, PROVIDED (and that is an absolute must have for me) the gameplay footage proves that Stealth has gotten better (at LEAST AC4 niveau/level, preferably improved on that).

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:03 PM

I would be surprised if Ubi achieves even close to this pre-viz. Not necessarily because I think it's not possible, but because Paris is a far, far, far bigger city than they have ever tackled, and I think a lot of effort and processing power has to go into making it enormous and detailed. I'll be very disappointed if Ubi trades scale for some eye candy.

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 05:04 PM
For god's sake guys, the trailer is CGI, not game footage.

It says right at the start that it's alpha game footage. It looks to be about the same quality as the original Watch_Dogs trailer from E3 2012.

I know full well that there's no way the game will look THIS damn good in action, but as it's next-gen only unlike Watch_Dogs, I doubt it'll be downgraded as much as W_D has been.

overdidd
03-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I would be surprised if Ubi achieves even close to this pre-viz. Not necessarily because I think it's not possible, but because Paris is a far, far, far bigger city than they have ever tackled, and I think a lot of effort and processing power has to go into making it enormous and detailed. I'll be very disappointed if Ubi trades scale for some eye candy.
Haven't you seen the snowdrop engine demo? It looks just as good as the footage in this trailer. I'm convinced this is gameplay footage.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Agreed, though one has to mention that the Order seems pretty linear, which means AC has to cater for a real open world while the Order doesn't have to. Anyway, I wouldn't mind A SMALL downgrade. But seriously, have you seen the recent Watch Dogs trailer? Everyone was like "graphics are ****e" and the newest trailer showing the PS-exclusive outfit is just as pretty as the old trailers were. I think a downgrade is not necessary. Does of course depend on the question for which console this is being made. My guess is next gen only. So I DEFINITELY have to upgrade my PC before that, PROVIDED (and that is an absolute must have for me) the gameplay footage proves that Stealth has gotten better (at LEAST AC4 niveau/level, preferably improved on that).

I was thinking the same thing actually.

The Order: 1886 is not as massive as an AC Open World game so it has an excuse to be so detailed.

Still, knowing that the new current gen consoles can't handle that level of detail is somewhat of a disappointment.

And I'm getting a PC soon this year. Gonna wait until DirectX 12 is release Holiday 2015 before I get a better graphics card.

silvermercy
Looks awesome!!! I got a tiny Bioshock Infinite feel.

Glad Arno doesn't seem to have a mustache.

I like my characters mustache-less.
Same! Thank goodness! :p

overdidd
I give up! Ubi, you've won! I'm addicted to AC. :nonchalance:

TorQue1988
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Haven't you seen the snowdrop engine demo? It looks just as good as the footage in this trailer. I'm convinced this is gameplay footage.
Exactly, this is not CGI.

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
They've been working on this for more than three years...

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 05:07 PM
I can clearly see that as being ingame footage. It's probably just for the trailer and the final game may be completly different, but it looks like it was taken from the engine. Plus, Shade said just a few days ago that Ubi likes to show what the game can do even though it doesn't mean it will do that lol.

Dome500
I know full well that there's no way the game will look THIS damn good in action, but as it's next-gen only unlike Watch_Dogs, I doubt it'll be downgraded as much as W_D has been.

Watch Dogs hasn't been downgraded. The only thing holding WD back is the resolution of XboxOne and PS4. Look at their new trailer for the PS-exclusive outfit and tell me this looks downgraded to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVS-XIWgU0s&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg

overdidd
'We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!' Oh ubi ... we are abstergo now?

JustPlainQuirky
Pretty sure it's CGI because the leaked screenshots aren't nearly as detailed. Especially regarding Arno's clothing.

edit: oh snappity snap. nevermind then.

luckyto
03-21-2014, 05:10 PM
It's Pre-Viz. It's within the game engine, but it is a also prepped for show... it's the GOAL. It's what they hope to attain. This is the concept work that they produce as a milestone to say --- "this is where we are going, this is our vision for the game." It's to show what they can do with textures, lighting, shadow, smoke, etc. The real game won't look that good, but it's not CGI either.

dxsxhxcx
03-21-2014, 05:11 PM
great atmosphere, can't say the same about the robes.. :p

Dome500
03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
'We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!' Oh ubi ... we are abstergo now?

Nice little Abstergo joke. Anyway, they showed something and I quite like what I see. I don'T mind if they release it later than usual (December, January?), Brotherhood was pretty late for PC for example, I didn't mind. As long as the Stealth and Running is improved and we get some nice new stuff in terms of gameplay and an interesting story I'm in.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
great atmosphere, can't say the same about the robes.. :p

Why? I quite like them, especially the gold shoulder plates.

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Snowdrop is crazy impressive, as is the new PS4/PS3 Watch_Dogs trailer, but I wouldn't say either is quite this good. Plus it looks rather different in art direction from all previous AC games. I still think Unity is going to look amazing. Just maybe not this amazing. And I'm totally okay with that. I definitely prioritize the quality of the open world, gameplay, and mission design over how shiny the game looks. Paris should be a fun place as long as it's sufficiently vast and detailed.

frodrigues55
Cute at calling us Abstergo. I hope we can force them to bring back a proper modern day protagonist too.

LoyalACFan
Watch Dogs hasn't been downgraded. The only thing holding WD back is the resolution of XboxOne and PS4. Look at their new trailer for the PS-exclusive outfit and tell me this looks downgraded to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVS-XIWgU0s&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg

It absolutely looks downgraded from the E3 2012 presentation. Still looks fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the reveal demo was just shockingly good.

Dome500
03-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Snowdrop is crazy impressive, as is the new PS4/PS3 Watch_Dogs trailer, but I wouldn't say either is quite this good. Plus it looks rather different in art direction from all previous AC games. I still think Unity is going to look amazing. Just maybe not this amazing. And I'm totally okay with that. I definitely prioritize the quality of the open world, gameplay, and mission design over how shiny the game looks. Paris should be a fun place as long as it's sufficiently vast and detailed.

This.

SleezeRocker
03-21-2014, 05:14 PM
interesting! too bad don't have a Ps4 so I may not look at this title for awhile. started school again so good bye $ :P

Also I been reading lot of hate in the videos and facebook posts lol

Dome500
03-21-2014, 05:15 PM
It absolutely looks downgraded from the E3 2012 presentation. Still looks fantastic, don't get me wrong, but the reveal demo was just shockingly good.

Yeah :D

But we know developers ALWAYS polish the material to let it "look better" and then later on - when releasing more gameplay footage close to release - they normally "normalize" it a little bit in the hopes no one realizes it in the hype. At least that's the impression I personally get often regrading reveal trailers and later gameplay footage of all kinds of different games.

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
This reminds me a lot of the AC1 trailer. Which is good!

Man, that shot of the Assassin standing on the rooftop with the Notre Dame in the back is BADASS! I think I'll make that my new wallpaper.

TorQue1988
03-21-2014, 05:17 PM
So if Watch Dogs (a cross-platform game) will have a campaign of 35-40 hours (and 100h to complete everything, according to Ubisoft) then AC Unity should at least have the same scope right? Both games are open-world after all, so a next-gen only game should easily reach and surpass the same scope.

Ureh
03-21-2014, 05:17 PM
@SleezeRocker I probably won't have a ps4/xb1 by then either... but that's ok. I've got a load of other stuff to go through.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 05:18 PM
So when's the new trailer with the assassin doing parkour coming? Yeah, I'm greedy. :p

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Fingers crossed my GTX 760 can handle this awesome thing :D. If it can, OMG, I am gonna be so ****ing happy and play the **** out of this. Assassin's Creed for ever, oh, how I love this franchise.

JustPlainQuirky
So when's the new trailer with the assassin doing parkour coming? Yeah, I'm greedy. :p

Right after the trailer that confirms 4 player co-op and Connor cameo.

LoyalACFan
Yeah :D

But we know developers ALWAYS polish the material to let it "look better" and then later on - when releasing more gameplay footage close to release - they normally "normalize" it a little bit in the hopes no one realizes it in the hype. At least that's the impression I personally get often regrading reveal trailers and later gameplay footage of all kinds of different games.

Yeah, it's standard procedure, really. AC4 was the same way, the E3 demo looked a bit crisper and cleaner than the final build. The W_D story trailer was the one that raised some eyebrows though, because it did look significantly worse than precious footage (perhaps it was partially last-gen footage?). Fortunately the PS exclusive trailer put some of those fears to rest.

DumbGamerTag94
03-21-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm also curious about the tittle and if Ubi will drop the numbers from now on.

I don't think they will drop them completely(yet anyway eventually the roman numerals will just get ridiculous past a certain number) I feel they only add a number with a New period or theme and since this game falls in with the same time period and theme as AC3 (Late 1700s and Revolution) thus why we have no numbered title. Maybe if there are 2 games this year one will be AC5 and that one will feature a different period/theme, and it would make most sense for a numbered installment to be cross-gen to guarantee all fans access but that's just my guess.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Actually I'd prefer that. hehe

I think there's no number because Connor will appear, too. :p (just like with Ezio and the sequels)

mou119
03-21-2014, 05:23 PM
And with this trailer, I hope people can dismiss worries about the game looking ugly or being monochrome. :p

Monochrome doesn't mean ugly, at least not for me. I like games that have desaturated colours and look grey or brown...

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 05:24 PM
So any chance we can use angry mobs to our advantage? That could take social stealth to a whole new level.

Dome500
03-21-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't think they will drop them completely(yet anyway eventually the roman numerals will just get ridiculous past a certain number) I feel they only add a number with a New period or theme and since this game falls in with the same time period and theme as AC3 (Late 1700s and Revolution) thus why we have no numbered title. Maybe if there are 2 games this year one will be AC5 and that one will feature a different period/theme, and it would make most sense for a numbered installment to be cross-gen to guarantee all fans access but that's just my guess.

Agreed.

Monochrome doesn't mean ugly, at least not for me. I like games that have desaturated colours and look grey or brown...

Agreed. Depending on the setting this can make for one hell of an atmosphere.

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:26 PM

I think there's no number because Connor will appear, too. :p (just like with Ezio and the sequels)

I seriously hope not. I liked Connor, but trying to shoehorn him and his distinctive vibe into this context would be little more than fanservice, and a mistake.

Sushiglutton
New 100 page thread incoming, I love it :D! I hope the interior shot in the beginning means we will be able to enter some of the most famous buildings, that would be so sweet.

I also looooooooove how small the assassin looks comparing to the buildings. That sense of scale has been sorely missed.

ACfan443
Caps
http://abload.de/img/wmplayer2014-03-2116-evc56.png
http://abload.de/img/wmplayer2014-03-2116-rmc1i.png
http://abload.de/img/wmplayer2014-03-2116-2dckc.png

SpiritOfNevaeh

I will look forward to that!

Agreed!

And it looks like Darby didn't work on this one (saw on Twitter)

Kirokill
This reminds me a lot of the AC1

First thing that popped up in my head while watching this.

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:27 PM
So any chance we can use angry mobs to our advantage? That could take social stealth to a whole new level.

We got something kind of like that in AC3, so it's totally possible.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 05:28 PM
I seriously hope not. I liked Connor, but trying to shoehorn him and his distinctive vibe into this context would be little more than fanservice, and a mistake.
Naaah... ;)

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Fingers crossed my GTX 760 can handle this awesome thing :D. If it can, OMG, I am gonna be so ****ing happy and play the **** out of this. Assassin's Creed for ever, oh, how I love this franchise.

Good luck pal, you're gonna need it.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
In before Connor is a Jacobin mole and works for Arno. :p

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Couldn't resist ;)

http://oi60.tinypic.com/aawr9y.jpg

AherasSTRG
Good luck pal, you're gonna need it.
Seems like it. As long as I can play it at PS4 standards, I am gonna be happy.

Sushiglutton
Caps

These are gorgeous, thank you! I wonder how representative they are of how th game will look during gameplay.

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Couldn't resist ;)

Could you post the original image at 1080p?

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 05:33 PM

Yeah.. I thought it was CGI, then I read the description.

wut?

GreySkellig
New 100 page thread incoming, I love it :D! I hope the interior shot in the beginning means we will be able to enter some of the most famous buildings, that would be so sweet.

I also looooooooove how small the assassin looks comparing to the buildings. That sense of scale has been sorely missed.

Agreed and agreed. Interiors have been a long time coming, and I definitely have missed the feeling of staring up at Il Duomo or the Hagia Sophia. Paris is big, and I am excited.

Caps

These look staggeringly good frame by frame. If we wind up with anything remotely close to this, it will be a huge deal.

frodrigues55
Gorgeous pictures!

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Couldn't resist ;)

If you zoom in on the tower in the center you can see this:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100128234745/kingdomheartsfanfiction/images/3/37/Q.jpg

Kirokill
Couldn't resist ;)

Yes! I want that wallpaper too ^^

aprice07
Has anyone else noticed that it's still named AC:Unity? Could this mean it's not a place holder after all? Seems strange that Ubi would release a trailer without putting on an official name, doesn't it?

AssassinKen2011
What a tease!

bestscreenname
03-21-2014, 05:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjQ54RtCAAAz38f.jpg:large
The no number thing is definitely strange and I was really hoping Unity was still a codename. The detail is pretty impressive though.

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
The no number thing is definitely strange and I was really hoping Unity was still a codename. The detail is pretty impressive though.

Still unconvinced this is the final costume--it has the feel of early mock-up work on Connor. Not a big fan of tiny limbs/huge gloves & boots.

Arnauld definitely has Desmond's facial profile in this shot.

pirate1802
They've been working on this for more than three years...

Like every other AC :rolleyes:

PS: I LOVE the robe. Don't change a damn thing. Looks so much like Ezio's Revelations robe (in a good way).

Aphex_Tim

Yes! I want that wallpaper too ^^

Here ye go:
http://oi58.tinypic.com/dh3lfn.jpg

I just printscreened this from youtube though. My screen res is 1600x900 so I guess if your screen is larger than that, you're screwed.
(or you could just printscreen it as well)

SneakyDex_D500
Can anyone post some real 1080p pictures?
I want a desktop background :D

AssassinKen2011
03-21-2014, 05:39 PM
First it's just numbers, then it's just subtitles, and then it's numbers again, after that it's numbers and a subtitle, and now their back to just subtitles.

What the hell?

Aphex_Tim

They've been working on this one since the French Revolution.

Radman500
are you guys sure the protagonist is caucasian?

SchlechterWolf
03-21-2014, 05:40 PM
The footage is very reminiscent of the first Assassin's Creed trailer (http://youtu.be/cc-ClutaN_I), with the assassin standing above a crowd watching an execution.

Notre Dame looks incredible.

I don't like the robes either, though I suppose they are suited to the historical context. Still, it's sad to see the tradition of white robes go, and the leather shoulder pads and gloves are fairly ugly. Also, isn't it about time they gave the sword a sheath?

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 05:40 PM
First it's just numbers, then it's just subtitles, and then it's numbers again, after that it's numbers and a subtitle, and now their back to just subtitles.

What the hell?

Confusing, isn't it? Which AC is this again...? :p

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 05:41 PM

PS: I LOVE the robe. Don't change a damn thing. Looks so much like Ezio's Revelations robe (in a good way).

No, AC3 topped at just under three years. AC1 was in production longer for obvious reasons. Over three years is somewhat different, they must have been working on it alongside AnvilNext in production.

thewhitestig
**** yes! I was concern by the leaked picture about the graphics. They don't disappoint! This looks better than Watch Dogs and on par with The Division.

SneakyDex_D500

What the hell?

They want to make us crazy

Skelface
Can anyone post some real 1080p pictures?
I want a desktop background :D

Here. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105281471&postcount=352)

Radman500
03-21-2014, 05:42 PM

is he caucasian? or african? what do you guys think

GreySkellig

To each their own I guess. At the very least, I do like that he looks more inconspicuous than past assassins, what with the more context-appropriate attire and lighter armament.

JustPlainQuirky
are you guys sure the protagonist is caucasian?

Yes it's pretty clear in the trailer.

If you have doubts just take a screenshot where it shows Arno's nose, use a color picker,look up the number of the color online and it'll tell you what the skin color is.

Though pay mind that the lighting might affect it a bit.

VictorAviram123
03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
What he's playing with in his hand at 0:47? It looks like a pocket-watch... NEW POE.

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Here ye go:
http://oi58.tinypic.com/dh3lfn.jpg

I just printscreened this from youtube though. My screen res is 1600x900 so I guess if your screen is larger than that, you're screwed.
(or you could just printscreen it as well)
Thank you.

ACfan443
03-21-2014, 05:46 PM
These are gorgeous, thank you! I wonder how representative they are of how th game will look during gameplay.

I didn't take them, credit goes to gaf. And they are impressive indeed, in all honesty though I don't think the final game will look anywhere near as good, cautiously optimistic however.

Also, can we discuss architecture? The style of the buildings is reminiscent of Boston and NY from AC3 (excluding the beastly Notre-dame), I assume Reims is the not as big as other parts of Paris?

Definitely caucasian.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Wait a minute....long gloves...

WHERE'S HIS HIDDEN BLADES??? :eek:

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:48 PM

Well, since Ubi can't seem to make African skin tones that aren't weirdly shiny-looking (see Adewale...that man looks like he's always sweating), I'm going with caucasian. Yayyyyy...another white European with a gun. So the same as...almost every other Ac protagonist.

As to the hidden blades...this is alpha footage, and the hidden blades are kind of a cosmetic detail when not actually being used to stab people. I remember people freaked out when early screens of Edward didn't obviously show them. They'll be there in the finished game.

SneakyDex_D500
I like the Robe and it fits the time.

Also, I am sure we can change robes again, maybe even dye them in different colors. I am sure there is a nice outfit for everyone's taste in the game.

AssassinKen2011
How can people tell he is white? He could be Asian for all we know. This "he" could be a she with a slightly masculine body type. We don't have a lot to go on.

VictorAviram123

Perhaps it's an early part of the story... Arno watchs as his father and brothers get executed :D

Radman500
03-21-2014, 05:50 PM
http://abload.de/img/5qxk87.png

yeah he is defintelly white......

he could however be half arab-half white

or half black-half white....

SenseHomunculus
riding the Les Mis wave

Add to that the Francophile frenzy of Les Mis,

Am I missing (or Mising) something?? To what "Les Mis wave" and "Francophile frenzy" are you referring?

killzab

It's like the tenth time you've asked that. Why is it such a big deal ?

RinoTheBouncer
03-21-2014, 05:51 PM
My heart is shaking! this is epic... gimme the full trailer and box art, please!

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh god.

Betting a million dollars we're going to see one of Arno's buddies be executed via guillatine for the sake of feels.

AssassinKen2011
03-21-2014, 05:53 PM
http://abload.de/img/5qxk87.png

yeah he is defintelly white......

he could however be half arab-half white

or half black-half white....

Do you have X-ray vision, or some ****?

I can't see a ******* thing? All I can tell is that he has a lighter skin tone.

Soulid_Snake
03-21-2014, 05:53 PM
I just hope we get a thing of beauty. Hopefully we won't be limited to Paris, that would seem lazy, cities like Marseille and Toulouse would be good.

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 05:54 PM

I saw a fan film a while back with a pretty cool hidden blade/glove idea. Check 4:00 when the black-hooded guy flicks his blade out. It's modern, yeah, but it could be something similar to what Arno's got.

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Oh dear lord.

AssassinKen2011
03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh god.

Betting a million dollars we're going to see one of Arno's buddies be executed via guillatine for the sake of feels.

Then he'd better start doing something, instead of just standing up on that building looking at his freakin hand.

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Some more GAF-magic:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/080/4/a/untitled_372_by_dennisk4-d7b1tik.gif

GreySkellig
03-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Am I missing (or Mising) something?? To what "Les Mis wave" and "Francophile frenzy" are you referring?

The cultural phenomenon of the Les Miserables movie which came out last year. At least where I live, it was a pretty big deal. This just follows a little too fast on its heels in my book. Of course, I'm sure that's not deliberate, given how long this has been in the works.

Radman500
03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
cause i dont want to play as another white european again...its tiresome....but it would make sense for him to be a frenchman in the french rev... instead of like some half arab or something

he defintelly has light skin tone...

anro is a germanic name...so he is probably white european again

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Looks like the croissant version of AC3 with better def.

DumbGamerTag94
03-21-2014, 05:59 PM
I think we can forget the noble idea people had about this guy. If you look at his hood there is a hole in it(and probably a few more we cant see) and the leather on his shoulders seems fairly tattered and worn from my opinion. And leather was more of a workingman's thing to wear in the 1700s a wealthy man wouldn't have any of these, so I think he is a commoner

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 06:01 PM
lol

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 06:02 PM
I think we can forget the noble idea people had about this guy. If you look at his hood there is a hole in it(and probably a few more we cant see) and the leather on his shoulders seems fairly tattered and worn from my opinion. And leather was more of a workingman's thing to wear in the 1700s a wealthy man wouldn't have any of these, so I think he is a commoner
Hmm... pehaps, but maybe it's his battle outfit so it's bound to be a bit worn.

rofl

DumbGamerTag94
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
cause i dont want to play as another white european again...its tiresome....but it would make sense for him to be a frenchman in the french rev... instead of like some half arab or something

he defintelly has light skin tone...

anro is a germanic name...so he is probably white european again
Why does it matter if he's black white Asian or purple? In my opinion as long as we get a good story in an awesome historical setting I'm fine with any protagonist be they male female, Asian, black, white, arab, what have you. As long as they keep the historic settings good I don't care, and the persons ethnicity should suit the locale, culture, and period. When we get a setting in an area with other cultures I'm sure we will see an assassin of that race and that is perfectly fine with me. So who cares what race this guy is?

luckyto
03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Oh dear lord.

?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 06:05 PM
looks like the croissant version of ac3 with better def.

lmao

RinoTheBouncer
03-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Is the full trailer coming anytime soon? or will this drag for another month?

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Ok one more from GAF :) :

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/080/2/d/untitled_374_by_dennisk4-d7b1vj7.gif

silvermercy
Why does it matter if he's black white Asian or purple? In my opinion as long as we get a good story in an awesome historical setting I'm fine with any protagonist be they male female, Asian, black, white, arab, what have you. As long as they keep the historic settings good I don't care, and the persons ethnicity should suit the locale, culture, and period. When we get a setting in an area with other cultures I'm sure we will see an assassin of that race and that is perfectly fine with me. So who cares what race this guy is?
True. It should be expected for the protagonist to fit in with the location and time period. Otherwise they would stick out like sore thumbs.

Will_Lucky

Expect it on Monday or Tuesday.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
So none going to talk about the use of audio? Like how the sound of crowds builds up, first being near silent from within the building, then growing in intensity as the camera shifts to the main streets, closer to the guillotine, the church bells slowly cutting into the crowd noises and giving a somber tone in contrast to the rough excited sounds of the crowd, the bells getting louder up till the execution and tolling just before it, the faint sounds of a rope being cut, and the swift, loud sound of the guillotine coming down at the end. The sound design is as good as the older Thief games. I hope the sound design in this game is just as good.

pineal_gland
03-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Awesome :D

Does anyone remember this announcement trailer for AC3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY

Back then they claimed it wasn't CGI but that it was anvil next footage and that it came really close to the actual in-game graphics...and as we all know, it didn't come anywhere near.
It's probably the same kind of thing with this trailer.

I would be really amazed if it is an actual representation of the graphics.
If you pause the AC:Unity trailer at 0:52 it looks like it could actually be in-game graphics.

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Form Kotaku:

Ubisoft's quote is hilarious:

Published on Mar 21, 2014 Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

We've been called many things, but never Abstergo!

Lol sounds like Ubi wasn't planning on releasing anything yet. Thank you leakrers :D!

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Expect it on Monday or Tuesday.Indeed, hopefully with a couple of feature leaks on the weekend.

Haven't been this excited for an AC since the announcement of AC3, this'll be the next big change in AC.

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:12 PM

Back then they claimed it wasn't CGI but that it was anvil next footage and that it came really close to the actual in-game graphics...and as we all know, it didn't come anywhere near.
It's probably the same kind of thing with this trailer.Difference is, next gen.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 06:12 PM
And hopefully it'll be a good change, roosterrule2. ;)

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 06:13 PM

I don't recall them ever claiming that. And they certainly didn't put it at the beginning of their trailer.

SenseHomunculus
03-21-2014, 06:14 PM
The cultural phenomenon of the Les Miserables movie which came out last year. At least where I live, it was a pretty big deal. This just follows a little too fast on its heels in my book. Of course, I'm sure that's not deliberate, given how long this has been in the works.

Ahhhh, I see. Nope, never experienced any uptick in Franc-ness among the people I know. Even people who loved the movie, nobody started wearing berets! :p

They said it's been in production for 3 years, which would pre-date the film by a year and of course, it was in production when this one probably started production.

SenseHomunculus
03-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Difference is, next gen.

Actually, I've seen it starting to be referred to as "current gen" and the previous called "last gen". Probably pushed by the console manufacturers.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 06:18 PM
So is he holding a watch?? What is that?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/69e368ac91be0d1734de3ea806355072/tumblr_n2snhhXjfQ1qcy62fo1_500.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/bc7d79a04a97eb14526bd2c2ac585859/tumblr_n2sqfohV7B1rmceijo3_250.gif

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:19 PM
And hopefully it'll be a good change, roosterrule2. ;)Yea hopefully, unlike AC's last big change where we got a steaming pile of crap.

I don't recall them ever claiming that. And they certainly didn't put it at the beginning of their trailer.Indeed, they said it was in-engine so people assumed the X360 and PS3 were up to it, they weren't, but yea I can't remember them saying it was going to look like that.

SenseHomunculus
03-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Yeah but it's not open. Probably a momento??

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe it's what was in the box?

Conspiracy 101

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah but it's not open. Probably a momento??

Yeah memory of a murdered family member/girl friend for sure :D!

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Maybe it's what was in the box?

Conspiracy 101
Seems so legit... (not trolling)

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 06:27 PM
ACU, I already like it...

AssassinKen2011
03-21-2014, 06:34 PM
ACU, I already like it...

Assassin's Creed... University?!

SchlechterWolf
03-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Yes - the trailer clearly has a time motif. The bells of Notre Dame are ringing on the hour and the assassin is checking the time on his watch.

GunnerGalactico
03-21-2014, 06:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

Something about it reminds me of the first AC.

killzab
03-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Seems like Black Flag was just a minor entry inbetween III and Unity which are much more ambitious.

LatinaC09
03-21-2014, 06:40 PM

Ugh I hope not but the way it's been lately...who knows.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 06:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

Same.

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Are you trolling? Execution, the assassin looks from atop of a building, the bell rings. It's the same.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 06:46 PM
So.... where is Farlander1991? He deserves to know of this.

poptartz20
03-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Whaaaaa! :D Yes. I'm feeling flustered.

haha so many good things today! AC trailer... and Infamous came out today. I got paid today. today is just a good day. haha. I'm loving the fact that it's in france! But I also wonder since it's for next gen only. Where will the time be set in the other game?

because. I'll be that idiot to get both game. Gahh... Why do you make me do this Ubisoft!?

killzab
03-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Whaaaaa! :D Yes. I'm feeling flustered.

haha so many good things today! AC trailer... and Infamous came out today. I got paid today. today is just a good day. haha. I'm loving the fact that it's in france! But I also wonder since it's for next gen only. Where will the time be set in the other game?

because. I'll be that idiot to get both game. Gahh... Why do you make me do this Ubisoft!?

i'll get both too, I'll get any AC game that comes out, good or not .. I am stupid lol

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:49 PM
So.... where is Farlander1991? He deserves to know of this.Give him a sec, he's discrediting AC2.

Haha nah, only kidding but yes for some reason he deserves to know.

egriffin09
03-21-2014, 06:49 PM
That trailer let off some serious AC 1 vibes (atmosphere) and AC 2 vibes (building), now that would make an awesome game.

I really think Ubisoft will have real random events in the city this time around. Maybe even designed a dynamic assassination contract system as well. I always like the assassination contracts, just feel like they could be more dynamic and with the power of ps4 and xbox 1, ubisoft could pull it off.

Honestly there are some may possibilities with the power of next-gen and AC, I'm just anxious to see how ubisoft utilizes the next-gen console for Unity.

Interviews should start rolling out next week..can't wait.

Kirokill
03-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Mo'nay

On other note, I won the bet with my friend. He will buy me this! So happy it's in France.

thewhitestig
03-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Seems like Black Flag was just a minor entry inbetween III and Unity which are much more ambitious.

I would say that is incorrect. Having better graphics does not mean that the game is more ambitious. It just means that the platforms it's gonna be on have more raw power. This time around Ubi is making 2 AC games - one for old gen and one for current gen, hence the budget of those two games is not going to be the same as if they were doing only one game. They've probably split their resources. PS4 and XBOX One have smaller install bases and investing a crap load of money into this game is not a smart move. Yes the graphics are awesome, yes it'll probably have a big world, but the really ambitious games will come later in the generation when there is a bigger install base. I've stated that in the previous topic. btw Black Flag was certainly not a minor entry. It might have had lower development and marketing budget than AC3 but it was still much bigger than all the previous AC games. Although I would say they have probably cut only the marking budget of AC4, cause the actual game was just so excellent, it surely had high production cost. It's too bad it sold much less than AC3 - 8.1 vs 6.3 million units in the first 10 weeks.

roostersrule2
03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
That trailer let off some serious AC 1 vibes (atmosphere) and AC 2 vibes (building), now that would make an awesome game.

I really think Ubisoft will have real random events in the city this time around. Maybe even designed a dynamic assassination contract system as well. I always like the assassination contracts, just feel like they could be more dynamic and with the power of ps4 and xbox 1, ubisoft could pull it off.

Honestly there are some may possibilities with the power of next-gen and AC, I'm just anxious to see how ubisoft utilizes the next-gen console for Unity.

Interviews should start rolling out next week..can't wait.Thought the buildings were more AC3 tbh, defs got AC1 vibes but the landscape seemed very AC3 IMO.

Dev_Anj
03-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Just hope they do some decent voice acting and the accents don't sound nonsensical. Just imagine "Everything eez tru, nothing eez permeeted!"

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Hot damn...
So is this in-engine footage like AC3's reveal trailer in the sense that it isn't the actual product, or ACTUAL ALPHA footage of what's going to happen in game?

The atmosphere in the game though. This will help recall some pretty sombre AC1 atmosphere. I'm loving it. And French Architecture. They have the elements to make one hell of an AC map. Hope they get it right!

I won't have a ps4 until 2016 :( I'll pray everyday that I can play it on minimum res on my laptop.

egriffin09
03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
I think Ubisoft held back with AC black flag because they had to worry about making black flag for next-gen and last-gen, with Unity, it's completely on next-gen, so Ubisoft will try to go all out with this title.

One word of caution: Ubisoft make Unity as good as you can, but don't be too overly ambitious on next-gen, just refine what is good about AC and don't make too many new systems, as I think everyone would rather a AC game with a few new awesome systems than an AC with alot of "ok" systems.

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 06:59 PM

Oh God, not this again. :p

ACfan443
03-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Thought the buildings were more AC3 tbh, defs got AC1 vibes but the landscape seemed very AC3 IMO.

Apart from Notre-Dame which eclipses anything we've seen in Boston and New York, the regular buildings look dull, boring and very AC3-like, they also looked like that in the leaked screenshots which leads me to believe most of the city will follow a similar style. There's no doubt in my mind that the monuments will look very impressive, but I hope I'm wrong about the normal buildings.

poptartz20
03-21-2014, 07:01 PM
i'll get both too, I'll get any AC game that comes out, good or not .. I am stupid lol

Haha.. no, I'm the same way. I literally bought all the games sold AC1-ACR then turned around after getting AC3 and bought the Ezio Trilogy again because I wanted to collect the series. lol. yeahh.. don't feel bad. I still need AC1 again.

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Well, seems like a good time to invest in a brand new PC..

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2014, 07:07 PM
By the way, whatever happened to "a new protagonist means a numbered title"? If it's just gonna be called AC: Unity it'll be even more confusing than it already is with the numbers and subtitles.

egriffin09
03-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, after looking at the trailer for the 2nd time, the normal buildings do look AC3-ish. As long as Ubisoft makes the city dense and it should be really fun to free-run in, and interconnections between buildings like AC 2. For the love of God PLEASE don't bring back those annoying roof guards from AC 3.

egriffin09
03-21-2014, 07:15 PM
By the way, whatever happened to "a new protagonist means a numbered title"? If it's just gonna be called AC: Unity it'll be even more confusing than it already is with the numbers and subtitles.

Yeah, seems like Ubisoft is going back on their word, because we clearly will be playing as a new assassin. Honestly I think it's for the way it sounds. Assassins Creed: Unity sounds better Assassins Creed V: Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 07:16 PM
And then it turns out Arno is Connor :rolleyes:

thewhitestig
03-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah, seems like Ubisoft is going back on their word, because we clearly will be playing as a new assassin. Honestly I think it's for the way it sounds. Assassins Creed: Unity sounds better Assassins Creed V: Unity.

Or maybe Unity is a spin-off of the actual ACV which will be the old gen version.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Apart from Notre-Dame which eclipses anything we've seen in Boston and New York, the regular buildings look dull, boring and very AC3-like, they also looked like that in the leaked screenshots which leads me to believe most of the city will follow a similar style. There's no doubt in my mind that the monuments will look very impressive, but I hope I'm wrong about the normal buildings.

Dull and boring in terms of what? They're VERY dense and huge. Maybe some buildings will have better Architecture than other, but gameplay-wise, Paris is one hell of an AC playground.

LatinaC09
03-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Haha I'm in the same boat as you. I buy the collectors editions of these games and I will be buying both if there's two this year. I already admitted my addiction to AC so it doesn't matter lol

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Well at least it's not Victorian era. Definitely French Revolution with that guillotine.

That said. Still ughhhhh. 1700's. Blegh.

Europe. Blegh.

But it definitely gave off AC1 vibes. The monuments look great. Couldn't tell if the other buildings would be AC2-fun or not. GOTTA see gameplay. Really disappointed that the game is not set in an Asian setting. Or heck, anything other than Europe. But oh well. Probably the most disappointing is that it's Europe AND the SAME time period as the last 2 games: 1700s. I'm sick of that era. AC3, ACL, AC4, and now AC5 will all be 1700s. I want a New. Time. Period.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 07:31 PM
And then it turns out Arno is Connor :rolleyes:

I think every fangirl at every fan base is already thinking this :D They probably will be praying about this 100000 times a day until release [or reveal].

ACfan443
03-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Dull and boring in terms of what? They're VERY dense and huge. Maybe some buildings will have better Architecture than other, but gameplay-wise, Paris is one hell of an AC playground.

In terms of style and architecture. As I've previously said, the monuments look incredible - arguably the best in the series, but the buildings scream AC3 (what we've seen of them anyway), the colours, the rooftops, the overall style. I am fully aware that we've only caught a brief glimpse of them, but that's the impression I'm getting, and others have observed this too.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Well at least it's not Victorian era. Definitely French Revolution with that guillotine.

That said. Still ughhhhh. 1700's. Blegh.

Europe. Blegh.

But it definitely gave off AC1 vibes. The monuments look great. Couldn't tell if the other buildings would be AC2-fun or not. GOTTA see gameplay. Really disappointed that the game is not set in an Asian setting. Or heck, anything other than Europe. But oh well. Probably the most disappointing is that it's Europe AND the SAME time period as the last 2 games: 1700s. I'm sick of that era. AC3, ACL, AC4, and now AC5 will all be 1700s. I want a New. Time. Period.

After the 1.234.567th time, yes we get it. You hate Europe.

Andorian
03-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Am I the only one who remembered the first AC trailer while watching this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

egriffin09
03-21-2014, 07:40 PM
In terms of style and architecture. As I've previously said, the monuments look incredible - arguably the best in the series, but the buildings scream AC3 (what we've seen of them anyway), the colours, the rooftops, the overall style. I am fully aware that we've only caught a brief glimpse of them, but that's the impression I'm getting, and others have observed this too.

As long as they put interconnections between the buildings like AC 2 and don't have annoying AC 3 roof guards, then it should be fine.

Aphex_Tim
I think every fangirl at every fan base is already thinking this :D They probably will be praying about this 100000 times a day until release [or reveal].

Fangirl logic never ceases to amaze me. That would mean the journey to France transformed Connor from a buff, broad shouldered badass into a sleek, skinny, wimpy dude. :p

Rugterwyper32
Am I the only one who remembered the first AC trailer while watching this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

Yeah man. The moment I heard the bells, I was expecting Arno to swoop in and kill the executioner, even. It really gave me those AC1 vibes, yo.

ze_topazio
Europe is za best continent, deal with it.

SixKeys
03-21-2014, 07:45 PM

If you pause the AC:Unity trailer at 0:52 it looks like it could actually be in-game graphics.

It wasn't that trailer that promised alpha footage, but this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_TEsxhrzE

Which looks pretty much like the final game.

As for the Unity trailer: I have a hard time believing the final game will look this good, but it would be awesome if it did. Loving the scale of the buildings, Notre Dame looks fantastic. And I still like the assassin's robes.

Andorian
03-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Also I can't believe that this trailer is gameplay footage (it looks like an ordinary cinematic trailer), moreover it is called ALPHA footage, which means that it will be more beautiful and realistic when the game will be released.

Will_Lucky
03-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Also I can't believe that this trailer is gameplay footage (it looks like an ordinary cinematic trailer), moreover it is called ALPHA footage, which means that it will be more beautiful and realistic when the game will be released.

Ahh if only that Watch Dogs E3 2012 demo looked anything like the real deal.

Andorian
03-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Yeah man. The moment I heard the bells, I was expecting Arno to swoop in and kill the executioner, even. It really gave me those AC1 vibes, yo.
Same feeling :).

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 07:50 PM

Fair enough, but I can definitely see some buildings have Roman-style design forefronts (door on the far left). Style-wise, it seems like a compromise between Italian architecture and the bland architecture of AC3. The builings aren't as overtly-adorned as AC2's, but they're beautiful enough to not be an eyesore. Even if, with buildings as huge as this, I'm doing all my assassinations on rooftops, mate. They can only do enough inaccurate architectural styling. It's not like AC1's normal buldings had a significant architectural style (at least Jerusalem), so it shouldn't be that big of a bother.

Assassin_M
03-21-2014, 07:55 PM
This is in-game footage, ignoring the note at the start. If you watch closely, you can notice it in the shadows (a bit jaggy due to day/night cycle), the disappearing flying dust, leaves and little papers (processing power), textures and obvious lines of Polygons.

I'm not saying it'll look THIS good on release, but this is game footage, no doubt about it...

That said, I miss Middle Eastern settings...

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 08:01 PM
This is in-game footage, ignoring the note at the start. If you watch closely, you can notice it in the shadows (a bit jaggy due to day/night cycle), the disappearing flying dust, leaves and little papers (processing power), textures and obvious lines of Polygons.

I'm not saying it'll look THIS good on release, but this is game footage, no doubt about it...

That said, I miss Middle Eastern settings...

كل هواء يا محمد.

What's there to miss? They did the ONLY city with an observable display of actual Arabic culture AND occurrence of historical events during said cycle. No one will probably bother with Arabic Iraq and Muhammad Ali Egypt is too far into the future. Unless they do Persia, it's pretty implausible that they'd revisit the middle east. I'd be totally in for Muhammad Ali/Farouk Egypt though

P.s
the gloves are pretty stiff for CGI. Definitely highly-polished gameplay.

HDinHB
03-21-2014, 08:04 PM

It's a device for telling time, but that's not important right now. :p

Maybe he can use the watch to time his assassinations...target goes to this cafe at 8am, stops by this church at 10am, goes to this cheese shop at 2pm...we can pick the time and place.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 08:16 PM
which means that it will be more beautiful and realistic when the game will be released.

Which means it will probably be too much for the game to handle at once and the final thing might look nothing like that lol :p

Assassin_M
03-21-2014, 08:17 PM
كل هواء يا محمد.

What's there to miss? They did the ONLY city with an observable display of actual Arabic culture AND occurrence of historical events during said cycle. No one will probably bother with Arabic Iraq and Muhammad Ali Egypt is too far into the future. Unless they do Persia, it's pretty implausible that they'd revisit the middle east. I'd be totally in for Muhammad Ali/Farouk Egypt though

P.s
the gloves are pretty stiff for CGI. Definitely highly-polished gameplay.
I have no Arabic on my keyboard :| bs hat akol ya 3m, ga3an

Densely populated, closed marketplaces. The sound of Hookah water gurgling, merchants with their scammy Arab accent, the sun, the palm trees, the sound of the call to prayer, the architecture...there's a lot for me to miss.
Oh come now, I don't think they NEED an incredibly important event to justify a setting (Constantinople and AC II Italy) they just need to explore the culture and delve players into the time period with conspiracies and whatnot...It could take place during the golden age of Islam or early 12th century Spain during the time of Averroes..that'd be interesting for me..

either that, or snowy forests....the frontier is a sorely missed potential of a setting..

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:18 PM
HI GUYS!! Just saw it now!! Can't believe I missed the party!

This is pre alpha game footage..but some parts look pre rendered. I assume that the final game will look a bit worse than this.. of course it will! Its a game. But still, it looks FANTASTIC. I am 100 percent sure that soon we will get another trailer showing n extended version of this.

That was a sneak peak, but the next trailer will be the real gameplay trailer. Paris looks AMAZING and Arno looks a bit more beefed up than in alpha screens but it is still very nice.

Guys..welcome to the first TRUE next gen AC

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:19 PM

Densely populated, closed marketplaces. The sound of Hookah water gurgling, merchants with their scammy Arab accent, the sun, the palm trees, the sound of the call to prayer, the architecture...there's a lot for me to miss.
Oh come now, I don't think they NEED an incredibly important event to justify a setting (Constantinople and AC II Italy) they just need to explore the culture and delve players into the time period with conspiracies and whatnot...It took place during the golden age of Islam..that'd be interesting for me..

either that, or snowy forests....the frontier is a sorely missed potential of a setting..
Snow is cold

Reptilis91
03-21-2014, 08:21 PM
The Palace will be splendid !

http://i.imgur.com/gPx14li.jpg

Assassin_M
03-21-2014, 08:22 PM
If you guys missed snow in AC4..then you will be very happy quite soon, and that is all I will say
hahaaaaaaaaa

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:23 PM
hahaaaaaaaaa

?

luckyto
03-21-2014, 08:24 PM
It wasn't that trailer that promised alpha footage, but this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_TEsxhrzE

Which looks pretty much like the final game.

As for the Unity trailer: I have a hard time believing the final game will look this good, but it would be awesome if it did. Loving the scale of the buildings, Notre Dame looks fantastic. And I still like the assassin's robes.

Boy... the combat in AC3 was so much fun. I really loved it. It needed some minor refinement, but it really was solid at its core.

Assassin_M
03-21-2014, 08:25 PM
?
!

that said, I don't give a crap about upgraded graphics. I want a dense setting. People....fill it with PEOPLE...fill it with props and animals...fill it up with THINGS

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Lol, good to see the old fans crawling out of the woodwork :p

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 08:26 PM
The Palace will be splendid !

Is that Versaille?

Locopells
03-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Lol, good to see the old fans crawling out of the woodwork http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

Most of that's down to the captcha going - good timing, considering...

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:28 PM
!

that said, I don't give a crap about upgraded graphics. I want a dense setting. People....fill it with PEOPLE...fill it with props and animals...fill it up with THINGS

Uh..the reason why there was no NPCs was because they were all in the square lol

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Is that Versaille?

I suppose it is :)

http://martinsoler.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/versailles-hdr-galerie-des-glaces.jpg

No wonder there was a revolution, pretty ridiculous place lol.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:30 PM
By the way..I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet..but that tree that you see in the street t about 35 seconds in..does it look like you can climb it? Because based on the answer..we will be able to tell if tree running returns.

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Most of that's down to the captcha going - good timing, considering...

Remember last year, when the Blackbeard trailer got leaked and Ubisoft kept taking them down and you kept uploading them lmao. Goody good times

Reptilis91
03-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Yes, it's Versailles. :)

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 08:35 PM
By the way..I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet..but that tree that you see in the street t about 35 seconds in..does it look like you can climb it? Because based on the answer..we will be able to tell if tree running returns.

Tough to say imo. It has a couple of V-shapes, but they are in the same angle. No tree in AC3-4 is climbable like that if I recall correctly (V-shapes were always 90 degrees when they were in the same tree). But obv they will update things.

Rugterwyper32
03-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Well, Versailles certainly needs to be in if we're getting a French Revolution game, and it's the perfect place if we're getting interiors of buildings. Besides, this is during the Neoclassicism, right after the Rococo movement which had a lot going for it in terms of interior design, and missing out on the beauty of some of those interior designs would just be criminal.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Tough to say imo. It has a couple of V-shapes, but they are in the same angle. No tree in AC3-4 is climbable like that if I recall correctly (V-shapes were always 90 degrees when they were in the same tree). But obv they will update things.

Maybe engine is upgraded.. I would post screenshot but I have no idea how to use this mac I just got

Very nice that Versailles seems to be i the game. That city is literally French Acre.Port city..gothic architecture..rocky cliffs, misty..

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Anyone else getting a very distinct AC1 vibe from this? Art direction is kinda washed out and yet colorful at the same time

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Anyone else getting a very distinct AC1 vibe from this?

Just about everyone on this thread

luckyto
just about everyone on this thread
lol

Wolfmeister1010
Just about everyone on this thread

Yeah I am late to the party. Sorry about that

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 08:43 PM

Oh come now, I don't think they NEED an incredibly important event to justify a setting (Constantinople and AC II Italy) they just need to explore the culture and delve players into the time period with conspiracies and whatnot...It could take place during the golden age of Islam or early 12th century Spain during the time of Averroes..that'd be interesting for me..

I'm with you on the atmosphere, but what major Arabic cities are there to explore? I don't recall the Islamic Golden Age holding any buildings fancier than clay ones (except Egypt and Syria). The Andalus is the best compromise, but to be honest, it's prime time we move to some untouched Asian culture and then نجيب لعبة في روسيا عشان خاطر مصر يا يوبيسوفا.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Yeah I am late to the party. Sorry about that
And you have the audacity to call yourself an elite member.

Reptilis91
03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
When I heard the bell sound... :o

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:46 PM
And you have the audacity to call yourself an elite member.

Well kooky who's here.

edit-looky

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 08:47 PM
haha this had me rolling

http://i.minus.com/i3S633moO9WEB.gif

Locopells
Remember last year, when the Blackbeard trailer got leaked and Ubisoft kept taking them down and you kept uploading them lmao. Goody good times

Wait, what?

When I heard the bell sound... http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/redface.png

And for whom does it toll?

...sorry.

ArabianFrost
Well kooky who's here.

edit-looky

You still didn't win the bet, sista. There's not yet a game in London. You better hope comet is in London, otherwise it's a draw.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Guys, guys guys guys...

You think we might get good blood effects

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:49 PM
You still didn't win the bet, sista. There's not yet a game in London. You better hope comet is in London, otherwise it's a draw.

I really don't want to lose. I love my new signature WAYY too much

Zafar1981
03-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I have a question. I want to play this game on Xbone but its AUD 600 which is really expensive. Would you think that the prices of current gen console would reduce by that time.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I really don't want to lose. I love my new signature WAYY too much

Uhmm....yeah, I love mine too. It took some hardwork to make it, just ask Shade.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 08:53 PM
I have a question. I want to play this game on Xbone but its AUD 600 which is really expensive. Would you think that the prices of current gen console would reduce by that time.

I don't think there will be a price drop until the slim versions are released in late 2015. Your best bet is Christmas. The current-gen consoles (xbone and ps4) are already selling at a big enough loss.

Radman500
03-21-2014, 08:54 PM
so do you guys think Arno could be a german that moved to France...arno is a german name

Sushiglutton
03-21-2014, 08:54 PM

Tough to say really. Maybe there will be some blackfriday deal or perhaps they will make an AC bundle so you at least can get the game for "free".

andrew_m50
03-21-2014, 08:55 PM
French Revolution.
Paris.
Notre Dame.
Crowd.
Execution via guillotine.
Palace of Versailles.

How would everybody say?
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :)

killzab
03-21-2014, 08:56 PM
so do you guys think Arno could be a german that moved to France...arno is a german name

Why does everyone say "Arno" ? It is most probably Arnauld, a french name.

Also, I hope the game is about both the revolution AND Napoleon, not dealing with him would be a HUGE missed opportunity.

Rugterwyper32
03-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Arno from German origins.
Strasbourg as city confirmed.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Arno from German origins.
Strasbourg as city confirmed.

More like Fallout 4 confirmed

SenseHomunculus
03-21-2014, 08:58 PM

Definitely this. My first time in Istanbul in AC - walking through the Grand Bazaar, first glimpse of the Hagia Sofia, standing at the edge of the Bosphorus - reminded me so much of my trip to Istanbul that I got chills each time. The renderings and atmospherics were wonderful.