PDA

View Full Version : Bad Port. Disappointed.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Ok not the graphics, yes they are low -res as can get but thats not the big problem.

You cant press restart button if you just died. no you must wait 3-2-1-go. wtf trials2>this.
after every map you have to click 10times to get to next map. CONTINUECONTINUESKIPCONTINUESTARTREALLYYES

this sux

Also this stupid ghostthing i dont want to see the point with my name on it. i want to concentrate on the map. i dont wanna see blinking time difference too. cant change it in options though.

Also uplay sux. why do i have to register when i use steam. play is the ****.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
<whine>*complain*</whine>
10/10, would lol again

mutetus
03-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Language please.

s0ad667
03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
You cant press restart button if you just died. no you must wait 3-2-1-go. wtf trials2>this.

Even before passing the first checkpoint, if you press the key to return to the previous cp, you play instantly. No countdown or ready/play messages.

after every map you have to click 10times to get to next map. CONTINUECONTINUESKIPCONTINUESTARTREALLYYES

Actually, if you just wanna go to the next map, you can press enter 3-4 times (or whatever key you have), which takes you to the next track in no more than 1 or 2 seconds. If you wanna do more, watch the scores, change trackset or bike etc, it's common sense that you have to click more.

Also this stupid ghostthing i dont want to see the point with my name on it. i want to concentrate on the map. i dont wanna see blinking time difference too. cant change it in options though.

One of the three gameplay options is about ghosting. Just set it to none. I wonder if you even checked for it before coming here to say that you can't change it.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Actually, if you just wanna go to the next map, you can press enter 3-4 times (or whatever key you have), which takes you to the next track in no more than 1 or 2 seconds. If you wanna do more, watch the scores, change trackset or bike etc, it's common sense that you have to click more.

not after playing trials 2, which was a pc game unlike this.

One of the three gameplay options is about ghosting. Just set it to none. I wonder if you even checked for it before coming here to say that you can't change it.

you cant remove the point. check it by yourself.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Options>gameplay>set default ghost to "none"

*edit - You're right, it doesn't work. This is a bug that I'm sure they'll work out. In the mean time, just try to not see the dot by beating your old times.

You can press the restart button whenever you want. If you're using a gamepad it's the "select button." I'm not sure what the default is on the keyboard, but I had mine set to R. You can change it to whatever you want.

I wish Uplay would let me change my username, but besides that it's really not all that bad.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Options>gameplay>set default ghost to "none"

You can press the restart button whenever you want. If you're using a gamepad it's the "select button." I'm not sure what the default is on the keyboard, but I had mine set to R. You can change it to whatever you want.

I wish Uplay would let me change my username, but besides that it's really not all that bad.

i did this as i already mentioned.
this function doesnt work.

yes restarting is possible. though in the beginning maps there were some kind of stupid tutorial stuff which didnt let me do this.

s0ad667
03-17-2013, 06:13 PM
It was working fine for me when the game was at its normal state. It was on friends' by default, changed to none for a day or so, but put it to "personal best" to have a better sense of comparing with my previous best. Checked now and none work, changing back to friends' times or none does nothing. Maybe it's somehow tied to the leaderboards and now that the game is missing features, this got bugged. Anyway, as i said in another thread, i'll wait for the final game to be up before playing again.

EDIT: Seeing you speak of tutorials, i guess you just started playing. Keep in mind that the beta ended and some features are disabled, so things may not function properly until the game updates to the full version.

rlmergeuser
03-17-2013, 06:46 PM
one thing which is ****ed up completely.

The graphics are not bad if you make it 1280x720 ingame and let your monitor upscale it to 1080p.

If i select 1080p ingame it looks like SH*T. Font is terrible, everything looks terrible. aliasing everywhere.

720p should be default resolution and not able to be changed until this ingame upscaling mess is fixed.

finally i can enjoy this game http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif

rlmergeuser
03-20-2013, 01:56 PM
one thing which is !"# up completely.

The graphics are not bad if you make it 1280x720 ingame and let your monitor upscale it to 1080p.

If i select 1080p ingame it looks like SH*T. Font is terrible, everything looks terrible. aliasing everywhere.

720p should be default resolution and not able to be changed until this ingame upscaling mess is fixed.

finally i can enjoy this game http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif

dunno what you r talking about but on my pc the game looks perfect in 1920*1080.

my only problem with the game is that it really isnt optimized for pc, in the editor the light optimization is ...i put 3 lights and it gets glitchy with a warning...

thats pretty dumb as i own a gaming pc and it could take so much more than that, its basically just taken from xbox ported to pc, added HD tracks, thats it.

At least right now the port is bad, i hope as the game gets patches this will be improved alot.