PDA

View Full Version : If your going to play multiplayer, at least gold the tracks

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't claim to be good, i am far from it I do at least have gold on all the tracks though. It amazes me how bad the people in multiplayer are, why even bother if you aren't any good at all? if i am beating you you probably need more practice. It's just not fun to go to multiplayer and play against people who get stomped. Having 3 dnfs in half the tracks i play is not fun it's just sad. I am a competitive guy and would much prefer people who can beat me or at least give me a run for my money. Please community practice at least a little bit before you go to multiplayer, that's all i ask. At least be able to finish tracks in a timely manner.

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
I dislike this too but maybe by playing with others people can get better. Give it time, I know everytime I'm on XBL multiplayer it's never a sure win http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

QcChopper
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Well, I have to kindly disagree here, I would like to have better competition online too but people who bought the game are entitled to play it the way they desire. In time people will get better.

s0ad667
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Just be more patient, dude. Some people want to try the mp, without having the patience to get better at the game first. As time passes and considering supercross maps are easy in general, people will get a lot better, even by just playing multi.

Btw, if i see someone dnf, on the next race i'm waiting near the finish line a couple of seconds so he can finish. That is, if we're only two. 3 or more, chances are someone will be competitive enough so you can't just wait.

Sandholm
03-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't claim to be good, i am far from it I do at least have gold on all the tracks though. It amazes me how bad the people in multiplayer are, why even bother if you aren't any good at all? if i am beating you you probably need more practice. It's just not fun to go to multiplayer and play against people who get stomped. Having 3 dnfs in half the tracks i play is not fun it's just sad. I am a competitive guy and would much prefer people who can beat me or at least give me a run for my money. Please community practice at least a little bit before you go to multiplayer, that's all i ask. At least be able to finish tracks in a timely manner.

Aight, lets go later today then!

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Seriously? You sound very selfish. People play for their own desire, not to please your experience. You should play with your friends in a private party, the purpose of a public server is to play with random players with different level. There is also a game setting at the bottom of the screen to search players near your ego...hmm... I mean your level.

WakeXT
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Matchmaking has a lot to do with it imo.

I mostly played Supercross and got to 26 through it, yet I'm still got paired up with lvl 1-3s who I can tell from their driving style haven't even seen the track before (although there are some nice surprises here and there where they keep up well).

It's the same as queuing (not very often) for Trials which I haven't played that much, only starting getting gold on hard tracks in SP atm.

If it were more based on ratings in the specific categories I'd be getting better Supercross-competitors with an equal win:lose ratio as I have, while still getting total noobs (like I am myself) in Trials when playing online.

Jarr3tt88
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Way to tell people who can and can't play what they want and when http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif Also the game was barely out a week geez, AND its still in freaking BETA!

UseLessUK
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Greetings,

Also I'd love to know how I go about "Golding" the tracks when you don't get medals for playing them in MP, and they are not available to play in career where you may or may not get medals for them....?

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Teu-ras-ta-ja
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't really agree with OP, but think multiplayer should be somehow tight into singleplayer level. Basically you should only be able to play levels online which you have cleared in singleplayer.
That way you would have some kind of knowledge of the tracks, like I wouldn't want to play some of the extreme tracks online myself, which I haven't been able to finish yet.

Also if you see that your opponent is struggling and is losing to you badly, you can always change to poorer bike in the next race to make racing more fun for both of you.

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
There's always someone in game betas that complains about people not being any good... in a beta. Makes me smile every time though http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif Not everyone played Trials on the Xbox, or even at all, before Gold Edition. Give it time.

When I play people who struggle to keep up with me, I try to do flips off every little bump I can, to increase the challenge and slow myself down a bit. Do I have to gold all the Extremes to play online, gareth, because I can't do that yet? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif What? I can't play online anymore? Okay, I'll stay out of your queue.

The multiplayer in this is very relaxed for me. I'm willing to try new things and be more aggressive, because faults don't hurt me (that much) in MP. It's a fun, and stress-free, version of Trials for me. Try to do it as fast as possible (fun), but don't have to worry about faults messing up your leaderboard attempt (fun). So, MP is Fun +2, basically.

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Also if you see that your opponent is struggling and is losing to you badly, you can always change to poorer bike in the next race to make racing more fun for both of you.

This. Quite many people are first timers on Trials Evolution Gold and it'd make it more fair/fun for newcomers. Other than that I don't agree with the OP, it's beta and people are wanting to test out its features before the release.

rlmergeuser
03-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't see any prerequisite to play multiplayer. It will get better once the game is released though.

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Not the best first post.

SleepyCatGamer
03-13-2013, 02:48 AM

I'm sorry to say but, what a ****ty attitude man...

You want a challenge?

Go Platinum all the tracks, you want to play with ppl on your level or better than you, go on the leaderboard and add ppl above you.

You wanna get you *** kicked, get an Xbox, and play Hardcore multiplayer.

Pretty sure most guys will destroy you, and you know why, cos the game as been out for almost a year.

The PC version isn't even officially out, of course most ppl are gonna be bad at it, give it another go a month from now, and you'll have your wish...

Have you ever considered that, maybe they're playing multiplayer... To have fun?!

You know you don't have to be the best at something to still have fun right?

Mind blown i know...

SleepyCatGamer
03-13-2013, 02:52 AM

Aight, lets go later today then!

HAHAHA, i bet he'll have a lot a fun!!!

SleepyCatGamer
03-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Just be more patient, dude. Some people want to try the mp, without having the patience to get better at the game first. As time passes and considering supercross maps are easy in general, people will get a lot better, even by just playing multi.

Btw, if i see someone dnf, on the next race i'm waiting near the finish line a couple of seconds so he can finish. That is, if we're only two. 3 or more, chances are someone will be competitive enough so you can't just wait.

Same here, and to tell you the truth, i never play supercross for real, i always go with the Donkey, cos to me, supercross is all about having fun, not winning.

I gotta say thought, it is very satisfying to pull out a win with the Donkey, against ppl with the Scorpion and the Phoenix. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

xNEKRON1337
03-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Add me, bro http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/cool.gif

A.Donkey.Rider
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
i get your point mate, but that's how it is. MP is "freestyle", a lot of ppl might have gold on the most of the tracks, but with more then 1 try i guess, 1 try is what you have in MP http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif
have you set up the MP search? you can select that only ppl with same skill-level join, but idk how good that works http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

you can add me if you like to, with my gold account i would have some races with you, be sure it won't be too easy http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif

gt: II DREiST II

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
People are bad online. Use the donkey to embarrass the 450cc using noobs

rlmergeuser
03-14-2013, 04:49 AM
*whinging*
Seriously? You sound very selfish. People play for their own desire, not to please your experience. You should play with your friends in a private party, the purpose of a public server is to play with random players with different level. There is also a game setting at the bottom of the screen to search players near your ego...hmm... I mean your level.
I like this guy.

rlmergeuser
03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
So here's my experience, I gold most tracks on the game and I just started 2 days ago, yet I am crap at multiplayer.

As long as players don't whine about it you have no rights to say those people suck at playing the game, it's not my case but some have terrible computers or bad internet connection and therefore can't beat you in a multiplayer match, makes sense right?

s0ad667
03-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, they certainly don't have to prove anything to anyone. They're playing to enjoy the game they paid for.

rlmergeuser
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM

Wow Sure thing mister........let me get right on that Gold on all tracks thing for you. Problem is, my skill learning curve decreased once I hit about the age of 30, so if you know of a way to increase both my time to sit there and practice and increase my skill quickly, give us a hoy. It might be easier just to let me have fun how I want. My stats say I have won 50 odd online races out of 80 odd, yet..........I haven't even gotten my first Gold on a hard track. Hmmmm That's because I was too busy having fun online!

It took an online match for me to finish a hard track - I tried it in SP and couldn't get past a particular part. I passed it online (after getting the adrenaline pumping from the previous race) and was bloody ecstatic, let me tell you! So take your "head in ya bum" attitude, eat some concrete, play your own way and try enjoying the game with all its online glory http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

Oh and I took the time to get the Donkey and that makes online so much more interesting. As stated above, use it against lower levels for ****s and giggles and a slight added challenge.