PDA

View Full Version : I hate to ask but... Tv Flickering problem during Editor

rlmergeuser
08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I dont know if this is a problem, but its something that im frequently noticing now im playing with data sources?

When im playing around with the values and i hit the red button to go back and confim, my TV will flick off and back on ( only the screen )

Im am aware this could be my TV causing the problem, but it only happens when im confirming things in the editor??

I have >

Xbox Arcade 20g HD
Memory card
Sony Triniton CRT 32"

LukeMSki
08-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I have never had this problem so I would assume this would be your TV since it is older model.

rlmergeuser
08-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I have never had this problem so I would assume this would be your TV since it is older model.

I`d think the same myself but it only happens in this game and only in the editor and only since ive been playing with data curves ( it only happens when i hit confirm )

CuBNI
08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
this happens quite a lot, im assuming its just the editor "re-sorting" and updating whatever change you just made. its never caused a crash and if anything has reminded me to save a few times

rlmergeuser
08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah it's happened to me a few times, makes you panic if you haven't saved in a while http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/eek.gif

SparkierJoNESZ
08-11-2012, 06:22 PM
i have it fairly often

but its nothing to worry about
it never messed anything up

rlmergeuser
08-13-2012, 09:13 PM
well at least i know im not going mad now http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

cruelty976
08-13-2012, 10:33 PM
this happens quite a lot, im assuming its just the editor "re-sorting" and updating whatever change you just made. its never caused a crash and if anything has reminded me to save a few times

^^^This^^^

Every time it happens, my heart skips a beat and I suffer an 'oh no second', then immediately realise its ok and save it.

Euan
08-14-2012, 04:43 AM
I dont know if this is a problem, but its something that im frequently noticing now im playing with data sources?

When im playing around with the values and i hit the red button to go back and confim, my TV will flick off and back on ( only the screen )

Im am aware this could be my TV causing the problem, but it only happens when im confirming things in the editor??

I have >

Xbox Arcade 20g HD
Memory card
Sony Triniton CRT 32"

Does your screen turn black and then just come back a second latter? I have had this problem with Trials HD and Evo. But definitely less in Evo.

I have a Panasonic LCD 32" Hd blah blah blah.

And I dont and never have used the editor.

dasraizer
08-14-2012, 06:01 AM
this happens a lot to me, i never considered it a problem and like oXCuBXo stated, i too believe its the editor resorting and doing things behind the scene.

if your quick enough try hitting the guild button and see if that displays while its in that brief blackness, although i suspect your TV is just seeing it as a loss of signal and maybe switching inputs, that would suck but better than thinking the editor is at fault.

rlmergeuser
08-15-2012, 12:26 AM
It's just the editor's way of scaring the **** out of you and reminding you to save.

rlmergeuser
08-15-2012, 03:36 AM

I have >

Xbox Arcade 20g HD
Memory card
Sony Triniton CRT 32"

Does your screen turn black and then just come back a second latter? I have had this problem with Trials HD and Evo. But definitely less in Evo.

I have a Panasonic LCD 32" Hd blah blah blah.

And I dont and never have used the editor.

Yeh that it n buttcheekofdeth ... friggin does it!!