PDA

View Full Version : A couple of minor gripes for ACIVBF

tunnelcat
03-20-2014, 05:54 PM
1.) Why didn't they allow the selection of higher resolutions, like 1920X1200? I know this game was ported from a console, but hey, some brilliant coder on another forum hacked the code in the .exe and got all sorts of other resolutions for people, including spanning across multiple monitors. If someone can do that, why can't the devs give us PC owners a legitimate patch? I bought a PC, not a stupid console. The black bars at the top and bottom suck and I'd like to be able to use all my screen real estate.

2.) Why in the heck can't Kenway carry some sort of edged weapon when going on those diving bell missions? The sharks having all the advantages ain't any fun. I'd like to be able to slice and dice one, make it bleed and attract the other sharks to eat something other than my character for once.

rcole_sooner
03-20-2014, 06:28 PM
1) I play at 1920x1200 ... and there are even higher resolutions available ... so not sure what you are asking here.

2) Yeah, just part of the diving thing. You can take weapons from bandits in the caves, but you can't climb or swim with them.

tunnelcat
03-20-2014, 10:39 PM
1) I play at 1920x1200 ... and there are even higher resolutions available ... so not sure what you are asking here.

2) Yeah, just part of the diving thing. You can take weapons from bandits in the caves, but you can't climb or swim with them.

You don't get those black bars on top and bottom? In my option settings, the 1920X1200 selection is set, but I get black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 03:41 AM
The sharks were one of my major annoyances regarding the game too :( I was excited for the underwater activities but those annoying sharks really got in the way of exploration.

rcole_sooner
03-21-2014, 04:08 AM
You don't get those black bars on top and bottom? In my option settings, the 1920X1200 selection is set, but I get black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

Oops, my mistake ... I run at 1920x1080 ... which is the native resolution of my LCD TV I use as a monitor.

No black bands.

I've heard of people running resolutions higher than that. I have no reason to doubt them.

The sharks really were not that bad. You can survive quite a few attacks. I would use cover if it was available, but mostly didn't worry about it. Finding air was more on my mind, most times.

Sdwakias
03-21-2014, 01:33 PM
You can use bigger resolutions if your monitor has nature support for them.

tunnelcat
03-22-2014, 05:03 AM
No, native is 1920X1200. Anything else and the monitor has to interpolate. Looks really lousy. Here's a discussion which might be of interest to others with the black bar problem, or when using multiple monitors. The fix is a little ways into the thread. If one of those guys can do some simple hex editing to fix things, why not the Ubisoft devs? I'd rather get a genuine patch than download someone esle's altered executable to fix the issue.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=26834

andynaruto10
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM
It has always been this way with Assassin's Creed. If you don't have a 16:9 monitor/resolution you get black bars. I know it sucks. I had to buy a new monitor just for this. So buy a 1920x1080 or 1600x900 monitor.