PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Mechanic - Deleted

rlmergeuser
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
So I don't know why but someone decided to delete my latest map Quantum Mechanics. I'm like a little frustrated about that 'cause if invested a month of work into it and it was doing really fine with the community ...
Thank's a lot. A message would have been nice.

Hope you will restore it soon.

Barrybarfly
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
So I don't know why but someone decided to delete my latest map Quantum Mechanics. I'm like a little frustrated about that 'cause if invested a month of work into it and it was doing really fine with the community ...
Thank's a lot. A message would have been nice.

Hope you will restore it soon.

You'll find it was probably reported as offensive content and therefore automatically removed. Now you have posted, hopefully one of the RL team will look at the "removed" list, check your track and decide if it warrants its removal. If not then they will reinstate it to TC.

I've yet to play your track but have watched replays and plan to challenge myself on it in the future. It looks phenomenal and many on the forums have commented on how good your track is. I'm sure it will get sorted out soon, so hang in there.

I expect it was reported by people who are jealous of your success as was the case with someones wipeout track (which was featured by Rooster recently) and that was reinstated.

Hope this eases your anguish and that it gets reinstated asap.

RetiredRonin
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM
It's been restored. People being silly and reporting a track because they either can't finish it, or can't build it.

rlmergeuser
06-21-2012, 10:50 PM
There should be some kind of penalty for abusing that.. Wouldnt even have to be anything major just like take the ability away from users who abuse it, might be a bit of work to keep up with though... I instantly thought of an automated system but Im guessing the current is basic and doesnt track very much if not just tracked by staff themselves. Something to think about if you run into it often, maybe.

rlmergeuser
06-21-2012, 10:53 PM
In other news really nice work on the track, KillyTheBit. Love to see something unique done so well.

rlmergeuser
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks Doxt. I'm really happy about the positive feedback I get on this and I'm more so now that it's up again and running. So I'm sorry for being a little rude when reporting my problem here.

Thanks again for the info and the help. Good work - Case closed http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

luthanick
06-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey man, I think someone did it again. I don't see your track on the highest rated anymore (and it was the highest of them all so i can't just slide off)

Barrybarfly
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to implement some coding that means a track which RL have reviewed once and approved, can no longer be flagged up in this way? After all, there really is no point flagging a track after it has been checked and approved, as the result will surely be the same and it will be reinstated. That way, all these jealous little idiots cant keep flagging up someones track in this way and yet the report system still serves the purpose it is actually there for.

rlmergeuser
06-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to implement some coding that means a track which RL have reviewed once and approved, can no longer be flagged up in this way? After all, there really is no point flagging a track after it has been checked and approved, as the result will surely be the same and it will be reinstated. That way, all these jealous little idiots cant keep flagging up someones track in this way and yet the report system still serves the purpose it is actually there for.
Id rather the system remove the ability from the specific user entirely as history seems to repeat itself.. But your idea is good, maybe both of these things.

rlmergeuser
06-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes it's down for the whole weekend - meaning that I lost about 3 days. I put it up on Monday so it will be gone from the weeks best too. I would be really annoyed by such a thing if I didn't knew that it probably shows up in the best skillgames again.
But think of someone who's not that lucky. With the current system and when people get really frustrated it's just a matter of time until the **** hits the fan ^^

emerica6708
06-25-2012, 01:15 AM
The people doing this are tampering/influencing the feedback system, which M$ definitely will ban for doing, hopefully RedLynx can get their GT and report it to Microsoft. That'll help put an end to people doing it, if they think they will get banned they're less likely to do it.

rlmergeuser
06-25-2012, 06:12 AM
It needs to be changed so that track won't go off untill the devs checked them - Imgine someone would go to track central on a friday or saturday night and flag all (or just one) new trials/skill games. They'll never have a chance untill they upload again - and that can't be the solution for this.

rlmergeuser
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Happend again ...

rlmergeuser
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Killy!

Somebody dont like us or there is a real bug with some tracks... The same prob happened to me again with the same track last friday (or before but i'have seen that this friday). Prob resolved this day.
Please to the dev.. try to fix the track which have been deleted for a wrong reason.
Friendly,

dasraizer
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
a simple solution to solve this would be to increase the minimum number of people that flag a track before it gets taken down.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
That's another good suggestion on the topic. I would be nice if something would be done about that problem, or at least that it would be stated that this will be tackled. I think it's nice to hear that "things will happen" if somebody falsely flags a Track, but that doesn't solve the problem at all.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm happy to say I already played it when it first came out http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif Ace track, makes me wanna build, mucho respect to TheBit http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Thanks - I will soon release another Track ^^.
Quantum is up again - Thanks.
Still I would recommend to change that System if possible, because it will happen again and again.

guest-QKIMciCZ
07-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Still I would recommend to change that System if possible, because it will happen again and again.

My 2 cents.. reported tracks should come down automatically when a certain number of 'reports' come in, which is how it works now... BUT, once a track is reviewed and put back on TC, it should NOT come down no matter how many times it is reported.

Amazing track Killy. Most original thing on TC!

rlmergeuser
07-12-2012, 01:08 AM

My 2 cents.. reported tracks should come down automatically when a certain number of 'reports' come in, which is how it works now... BUT, once a track is reviewed and put back on TC, it should NOT come down no matter how many times it is reported.

Amazing track Killy. Most original thing on TC!

Holy shizznit! I just used that 2 seconds shizzle two seconds ago... mega moment...

A7XfoREVer531
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
It sucks that this keeps happening to your track. I'm still the only person to only use 10 rotations http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif. I can't wait for your next track!

rlmergeuser
07-14-2012, 09:54 AM
^^ You are insane jumping that first obstacle - I discussed that with GNB, one of the follow-ups just yesterday. I really like it when things happen on my maps that I didn't expect - at least when I don't consider it a gamebreaker.
Props to you - I was really impressed. New map is out by the way ("Superconductor").
And I hope I won't need to come back to announce that someone flagged it ...

rlmergeuser
07-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Well done on the track! I played it a few days ago and it was really well implemented.

I hope it's not that easy to flag someone's work and have it deleted, and if so I hope the dev's fix it soon.