PDA

View Full Version : I want some damn answers from the devs

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 03:17 PM
My harddrive was corrupted after your game crashed. I want answers.

Retribution
05-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Editted. Wrong thread.

RetiredRonin
05-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Give us more of an explanation, please.

Also, FaceBook and Twitter are not outlets for support. Using profanity on posts to us will see you blocked from contacting.

irpx
05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
What were you doing just before the crash? If the crash would really break the hard drive filesystem this is the first time we hear it.

please remember that the game might have also crashed because of the broken hard drive. Try to restore it and see if still works. If not, it is most likely dead and the game crashed because of this. They are not forever you know...

nevertheless we will investigate if you can provide any additional information.

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Sorry, I was Playing multiplayer the race ended it crashed as it frequently does when I restarted my hard drive was corrupted I was on the phone with Xbox support and all they could offer that worked was a format I lost everything off my hard drive because of it. No other games have ever crashed on my Xbox I've never had any problems till I got this Game.

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Also my harddrive was never broken. My xbbox is only 4 month old.

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Just because you've never had any problems before, doesn't mean you never will have problems.

FlowRiderX
05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Trials isn't to blame. Also since your hard drive is 4 months old you still have warranty...

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
seems as though people want to help you despite the way you asked for help, next time if i was you I might try asking a bit nicer

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
My Xbox has never crashed till I installed trials evolution. And trials evolution is the only game it crashes on. I suspect something was being saved at the time when it crashed. I lost all save data for every game I ever played. Pardon me for being a litlle upset. My harddrive is fine, I had to format which is what annoys me. I'd just like a little reparation for purchasing a broken game that in turn corrupted my drive which caused me a great deal of stress and dismay. I paid good money for this game. And still now I'll say it's a fantastic game but still the bugs in it messed up my hard drive. And it angers me, it upsets me. Do you play games like fallout, skyrim, long games that you can just leave the main quests and explore ? Imagin having 100s of hours wiped from existence. It's not nice. I applogise for bein a tool but I don't think I can really be blamed.

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I can understand your frustration, but everyone is responsible for their actions even if they are angry or upset

xXDonReneXx
05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Do you play games like fallout, skyrim, long games that you can just leave the main quests and explore ? Imagin having 100s of hours wiped from existence. It's not nice..
Been there... HDD crashed (not even while in a game but just for fun) with my savegames of 100+ games on it plus most of the Trials HD tracks I built till then. The only thing that sucked was the lost tracks, didnt really care about the savegames. Gave me a reason to play some older games again.
Iīm pretty sure itīs not the games' fault... Itīs this stupid piece of hardware that has much more issues than just this one... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

sebastianaalton
05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
We are terribly sorry that some console freezing bugs went though the final testing unnoticed. We have developed a patch to fix the issues. The patch will be out really soon.

However hard drive corruption caused by a game shouldn't be possible. Games have only limited access to the hard drive. We can only create small save game files, and that's the only way we write any data to the hard drive. The game has no access to other files than the save games created by it. Did you do some other tasks such as playing your custom soundtrack or downloading in background when the crash occurred?

If you are uncertain about the cause of this issue, I recommend waiting until we get the patch out. It should solve most of the known console freezing issues (and other multiplayer related issues).

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Also, hardware dies. That is just what happens. Hard drives aren't invulnerable to failure by any means.

Trust me, I've lost entire hard drives worth of data on computers in the past... it just happens sometimes.

I suggest that in the future, you use the XBOX Cloud Save option if you want to be sure that your save game data is always backed up.

RetiredRonin
05-18-2012, 03:44 PM
However hard drive corruption caused by a game shouldn't be possible. Games have only limited access to the hard drive. We can only create small save game files, and that's the only way we write any data to the hard drive. The game has no access to other files than the save games created by it.

This is what I thought as well. I wasn't sure, so I didn't say it. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
05-19-2012, 06:30 PM
bad luck mate, you cant blame the guy for being a little pissed off. i think that most regular gamers are not aware of what Sebbi said about games being unable to corrupt the HDD, ( I wasn't ), and due to the amounts of freezing/crashing in the game i think a lot of people including myself would have believed Evolution to have been the culpret.

Q1, Is what you said a "Fact" Sebbie? or is there a super slim chance that a game could cause a HDD corruption?
Q2, is there a difference in How much access to the HDD an XBLA title has to How much access a retail/disc Title has?

just intrested to know about Q2, but Q1 would put my mind at rest a little because i have had lots of freezes with this game.

Ps. eagerly anticipating a speedy patch http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

NonRedOrchid
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Well to be fair, if he can prove that the game has corrupted his hard drive he is well within his rights to demand a refund. I doubt that the game caused it though.

Oski
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Well to be fair, if he can prove that the game has corrupted his hard drive he is well within his rights to demand a refund. I doubt that the game caused it though.
And I doubt that he can prove it. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/snooty.gif

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 01:15 PM
No I can't prove it, but the fact that it happened when this game crashed is not just an unlucky coincidence. If a console is turned off while a game is being saved corruption is not just possible it's probable. Furthermore the fact you would try and say the game crashed because of my harddrive when you have a whole thread dedicated to console freezes most of which happen while playing multiplayer is just beyond ridiculous, I suppose when my friends play and their game freezes that is also down to my harddrive? The only reason I bought this game was for multiplayer and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't work as it should. I am by no means a rich man and the fact I spent ten pounds on a game that not only doesn't work it also caused a corruption to my harddrive. This caused me great distress and I am very unhappy.

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
you can't prove it because it probably didnt happen, if this was a problem with the game corrupting people Xbox's then surely at least one other person would have had the same issue,

as the devs stated, they can only save small files to the HDD, so that is what would break if there was an issue with Trials Evo, as it knackered the entire drive, Its a lot more likely that the issue was with the HDD itself.

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
You have your cause and effect mixed up.

Here is what you claim:
Your hard drive pooped out BECAUSE the game froze.

Here is what actually happened:
The game froze BECAUSE your hard drive pooped out.

khbecker
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM
And I doubt that he can prove it. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/snooty.gif

That's true, he can't prove it and I doubt Trials Evo is directly responsible. However, it sounds like Trials Evo could have been indirectly involved. Sebbi is right, the games can only access certain files and that shouldn't be able to corrupt a hard drive, but if the game is causing a hard crash of the Xbox, the Xbox 360 operating system could have been writing to other files at the time of the crash, which corrupted them if the write didn't finish properly. I realize this shouldn't happen, but I don't know enough about the Xbox 360 operating system and filesystem to know what types of safeguards there are against this type of problem. Does the Xbox 360 filesystem have some sort of journaling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journaling_file_system) system? Are Xbox 360 filesystem writes atomic (http://onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/11/07/atomic.html) enough to prevent write errors in a hard crash?

I can't say what's happening one way or the other, but I wanted to contribute some thoughts to the discussion.

NonRedOrchid
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
No I can't prove it, but the fact that it happened when this game crashed is not just an unlucky coincidence. If a console is turned off while a game is being saved corruption is not just possible it's probable. Furthermore the fact you would try and say the game crashed because of my harddrive when you have a whole thread dedicated to console freezes most of which happen while playing multiplayer is just beyond ridiculous, I suppose when my friends play and their game freezes that is also down to my harddrive? The only reason I bought this game was for multiplayer and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't work as it should. I am by no means a rich man and the fact I spent ten pounds on a game that not only doesn't work it also caused a corruption to my harddrive. This caused me great distress and I am very unhappy.

I really do get where you're coming from and I don't understand why people seem to be so defensive. The game may or may not have corrupted your HD, who knows but if I was in you're position and I had bought the game purely for multiplayer I would be just as pi*sed as you are. The amount of freezing and crashing that this game causes is definitely not good for your Xbox and I highly doubt Microsoft or RedLynx could prove otherwise. If it is seriously bothering you and you want to take further action you are protected under consumer law in just the same way as if you bought a faulty TV from an electrical store. If you don't receive satisfaction from RedLynx, the small claims court is your friend.

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I like the game I really do I was a bit abrupt to begin with as I was frustrated some people here have posted some good replies but as for people telling me to go away or insinuating that I'm telling fibs I sincerely hope the same thing happens to you. As for small claims court that sure is an option but I think it would cost me more than the game itself.

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 04:04 PM
You have your cause and effect mixed up.

Here is what you claim:
Your hard drive pooped out BECAUSE the game froze.

Here is what actually happened:
The game froze BECAUSE your hard drive pooped out.

You know this for a fact? Were you there when it happened?
My Xbox had no problems before I bought trials evo, fact.
Trials evo crashed and my hard drive was corrupted after I powered on, fact
Since not playing trials evo I have encountered no other problems, fact.
So take your fiction elsewhere.

FlowRiderX
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
You are the only one...FACT http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/cool.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzhjtdZU1W1rnwx2io1_500.jpg

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Just because I'm the only one who has brought it to light doesn't mean I'm the only one whose had it happen to them. It may have happened to someone else someone who doesn't know about forums I didn't know about this one till Xbox support told me I should come here.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Furthermore just the fact that it doesn't do what it's supposed to entitles me to a refund so I'd like my 1200 msp back please redlynx

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Good luck with that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

FlowRiderX
05-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Furthermore just the fact that it doesn't do what it's supposed to entitles me to a refund so I'd like my 1200 msp back please redlynx

Actually this statement is wrong...
It is always the buying parties responsibility to know what they are buying. You could have assured yourself of that by reading the product reviews. If I pay a 100 dollar for poo just because I think it's gold I still cannot give it back. Also the ms description states that there are no refunds.

As long as you read a product review you would have known that the game has bugs. The thing with your hard drive is really just a coincidence. There is nothing more to it. The way you are you probably would have blamed every game running @ this time...

The bugs are addressed in a patch, although from a legal stand point RedLynx wouldn't even have to fix them. Although not fixing them would pretty much ruin their good name (and it should be a standard service for modern games anyway http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif)

You are entitled to request support and bug fixes but everything that goes beyond is a nice service by RedLynx and should be recognised as such. Gamers here do have more rights and I think do have a big influence on how the actual game turns out.

So RedLynx is already doing what they do better than most other companies... And they do take logic reasoning. Your arguments are neither logical nor possible so RedLynx won't refund you. In our days people do often get what they want by shouting and being unfriendly.... I believe as a statement it is good that RedLynx does not refund you in any way!

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
@Happyflow - well said

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
@happyflow I don't know how things work in Austria but here in England we have statutory rights that protect the consumers from purchasing faulty products. Considering that trials evolutions biggest selling point was intact racing against your friends in real time and considering the fact that it's damn near impossible to do this without constant freezes which I'm very sure are not healthy for the Xbox operating system I'd say this could be considered a faulty product and as such it's well within anybody's right to ask for a refund if damage has been done or not. And if you believe me or not about this game corrupting my harddrive I really don't care. All I know is I get this game it repeatedly crashed over and over till in the end my harddrive corrupted. And maybe it's a crazy coincidence but the only possible explanation I've heard from the developers is my harddrive corrupted and froze the game, despite it freezing several times before. Sounds to me like a brush off. Sounds to me like they don't give two hoots about the consumer. Sounds like that even though it is a very real possibility the game corrupted my hard drive that red lynx isn't willing to even entertain the idea and investigate further. So who cares if it's their games fault who cares if it happens to anybody else, who cares? They'll just blame the next persons harddrive. Now unless your a developer or publisher or staff of red lynx I ain't interested in anything you have to say.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Stop whining, your HDD broke, it happens, nothing to do with the game. Which means they don't have any responsibilty to help you. I don't think you're really qualified to say whether or not it was Trials Evo that broke your game unless you are a programmer who knows about the Xbox 360 OS and about how Trials Evo saves data, and you aren't and you don't.

Yes there are issues with MP at the moment, but if you had spent even 30 seconds looking through the forums you would know that they are bringing out a patch to fix these issues within the next couple of weeks.

Redlynx have a history of being helpful to players, fixing bugs, and listening to requests. however this does not extend to someone trying to get money back because something else you own happened to break, if you had been sat on your chair playing Trials and your chair broke would you be trying to claim that as well?

crispaholic
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd be more pissed at Bill Gates damn inferior product! lol

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Are you red lynx staff? No. Do I want to hear what you have to say no. You say I can't prove trials corrupted my harddrive, but can you disprove it? No. What makes you qualified to say it isn't the games fault? Nothing. I don't see rl staff giving any explanations. So, like I said I ain't interested in what any of you people have to say only rl staff.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 12:34 PM
When downloading anything (including FREE stuff) on xbox, to the right there's info on the item, and at the bottom it reads "NO REFUNDS".<-- not yelling. It's actually capitalized.

xXDonReneXx
05-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Do I want to hear what you have to say no.
Dont want to say anything on the matter itself but why the hell did you post on a public forum if you dont want answers from forum members???

You could have just sent Redlynx an Email or a PM to one of the devs http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

RetiredRonin
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
@People bashing Mcdooby - This thread isn't Mcdooby bashing RedLynx or Trials Evolution. He is having a problem with the game and a problem with his HDD. If the same set of circumstances happened to any one of us we would be angry as well. Showing up in the thread and bashing him for his thoughts and/or feelings really isn't necessary. Please allow him to ask for help in the same manner that you would want to be helped.

@Mcdooby - When you use your Xbox 360, you are effectively using it with a User Account, and not a Super User. As a User you have very specific read/write privileges. You can delete specific games, and you can install games, watch videos, and interact with other content on the Xbox 360.

As a User you do not have real full-access to the basic file infrastructure of the Xbox. You can not move or rename folders, for instance. (We are not talking about moving a game from a MU to HDD or the reverse, but moving from "c:" to "d:")

As a Super User, you have full access to everything, this is used by the Xbox when you apply dash updates and things of that nature. It is a full access user that shouldn't be active when you are playing any game. The reason for this is so that the average user will not break their Xbox by doing something that they aren't supposed to do.

This is why sebbbi asked you for specifics as to what, if any, other activities your console was engaged in when it crashed. He wasn't brushing you off, he was legitimately trying to help because what you are saying happened should not be possible.

We really are trying to help.

PS: The other members here will also try to help. They are 99% good guys, and the reason the forums even exist.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
your nick is mcdooby, my guess is you forgot something lol http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
@shifty, some members have posted theory's on what could have happened but some are just plain calling me a liar, I said it may be possible that it is a coincidence I don't believe it is. I was just playing multiplayer trials in a private match with friends occasionally some one would freeze or get kicked from the session, in that one play session I must've froze about 4 or 5 times at the last freeze I had to press the power button 3 times I remember it was 3 because of the irony of saying "third times the charm" and when I powered up I had no save data on the hdd tho the space was being used up, I couldn't dl my or anyone else's profile. I had nothing else running at the time of the freeze no background dl's no custom musics, just me my buddies in a party some user creased tracks and joy inspite of the crashing but then it happened.

crispaholic
05-23-2012, 01:16 PM
get over it its not RL to blame, iv had this issue before its more the drives fault...seriously.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 01:26 PM
get over it its not RL to blame, iv had this issue before its more the drives fault...seriously.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. But seriously I ain't interested In unqualified peoples opinions I'm only interested in facts.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 01:46 PM
sorry if I came across as confrontational, its just that you didn't seem interested in facts, it seemed like you just wanted to have a go at someone. If you do want a proper response I suggest you Pm one of the devs and try not to get angry as they will try and help to the best of their abilities

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 02:00 PM
No one can bring back my skyrim or fallout saves back. No one can help. It's like losing a loved one no one can bring them back and your angry and frustrated and upset. Sure they ain't really on par I'd rather lose my saves than a loved one but the principles of the two are the same.

FlowRiderX
05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I told you the facts...
But if you do not want any feedback from us because you think we all are unqualified ******s go ahead.
PM the devs directly or contact them via email adress. But if you do not accept our answers you should at least
accept sebbbi's answer. If you don't trust the answers of the devs and ignore the answers of the forum members
then what is the goal of this interaction? You are not even considering that you could be incorrect... ( I can confirm
what sebbbi said about the limited access games have to the hard drive since I watch a ton of modification videos by
hackers)

This is a one way ticket because you are neither open to answers by the forum members nor trust the developers to
tell you the truth. But if you trust no one else but yourself go ahead and do your research. It is senseless asking for
help if you don't trust that the answers you are provided with are legit. If you for some reason are not interested enough in the subject matter you will have to rely on what both people and developers tell you.

btw. I understand your loss but if those states do really matter to you that much you can do the following.
Will cost you a decent amount of money though...http://www.ehow.com/how_7687847_recover-xbox-360-hard-drive.html

crispaholic
05-23-2012, 02:35 PM
its an error with the drives file system fact....stop knee jerking like a child.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
.... I said it may be possible that it is a coincidence I don't believe it is. I was just playing multiplayer trials in a private match with friends occasionally some one would freeze or get kicked from the session, in that one play session I must've froze about 4 or 5 times at the last freeze I had to press the power button 3 times I remember it was 3 because of the irony of saying "third times the charm" and when I powered up I had no save data on the hdd tho the space was being used up, I couldn't dl my or anyone else's profile. I had nothing else running at the time of the freeze no background dl's no custom musics, just me my buddies in a party some user creased tracks and joy inspite of the crashing but then it happened.

That sounds an awful lot like the symptoms of a hard drive crashing on a computer. It typically locks up whatever you are doing as it loops attempting to find the data on the drive - even to the point of freezing the main processes on the motherboard while the hard drive controller is sitting on the side going "I'M TRYING EVERYTHING I CAN!! STOP ASKING FOR MORE DATA!!!".

Now, whether or not the game caused the corruption or not, I don't know if there is a way to tell... but I can almost assure you that the lockups in the game were because of the hard drive, and not the other way around.

Just for some credibility here, I've been diagnosing my own computer and hard drive failures since the mid-90's... even to the point that I've tried all the old school tricks to get data off drives (believe it or not, freezing the hard drive used to be a realistic way of retrieving data). The first time I lost all the data off my 340MB drive, I was devastated. Today, I carry 50 times that in my pocket. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
People keep saying it is most likely my hard drive that caused the game to crash. That is insane when there's a thread dedicated to the freezes the game causes most notably the freezes in multiplayer my hard drive did not cause the game to crash. Maybe the freeze didn't corrupt my drive but it is a possibility. But the freezes are the bugs in the game nothing to do with my equipment.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
People keep saying it is most likely my hard drive that caused the game to crash. That is insane when there's a thread dedicated to the freezes the game causes
Just to be clear, freezes are not the same as hard drive crashes. A freeze is usually a software problem, not a hardware problem.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Ok then the game froze its all the same to me. The game froze when I powered back on my hdd was knackered and I don't believe it to be just a crazy coincidence that my Xbox is workin fine no problems I buy a game the game freezes my hdd is then knackered I stop playing said game and there are no more problems. That ain't a coincidence.

rlmergeuser
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
I demand a refund also, because I didn't like how it ended.

sebastianaalton
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
First of all. Everyone, please calm down. Mcdooby is having a real problem with his hard drive. Of course he is pissed off. I would be pissed of if my Xbox crashed during a game and I found out that my hard drive was corrupted.

Lets get the facts straight:
1. We fully believe what Mcdooby said. Trials Evolution crashed when he was playing multiplayer game and his Xbox hard drive content was corrupted the next time he started it.
2. Trials Evolution has some known multiplayer crash bugs that can cause console freezes. The patch will fix those bugs, but that doesn't help here.
3. We do not know exact details how the hard drive is managed by Xbox operating system. Game developers do not need to know those things, because we do not have low level access to the hard drive.
4. Trials Evolution only writes small save game files to the hard drive. It doesn't do anything out of ordinary. It's not possible that the game could directly write something to the hard drive to corrupt other things. However we do not know what exactly a console crash can do to Xbox operating system file operations (that's something only Microsoft knows).
5. Many publishers are running open betas on Xbox Live. Beta games do crash (a lot). We should check some of these popular beta game forums if there are reports of game crashes causing hard drive corruption. Maybe it's a known bug (in the operating system).
6. Windows automatically repairs the file system if the system was shut down at incorrect moment. I am pretty sure Xbox does something similar, but for some reason this system didn't work properly.

I personally feel that this was just extremely bad luck. The game crashed on a particularly bad moment while the operating system was doing something critical, or that for some reason the operating system could not repair the file system. It could be also that there was a hardware problem that was partially involved in this issue. I will report this problem to Microsoft. We are just game developers, and without proper knowledge we can only guess what when wrong.

I found reports of similar issues around the net. Somebody reported that MW3 crashed and his hard drive got broken. Sounds very similar to your story.

Also I found another report like this at Xbox.com support forum (another game):
"I was in the middle of playing a game when everything just locked up and the only thing i could do was turn the console off. When I restarted it I got a message stating that i had the error 68. I have tried many of the solutions people have spoken about and have come to the conclusion that my hard drive is corrupted somehow."

This is Trials Evo forum, not Mass Effect 3 forum you know http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
05-26-2012, 03:20 PM
This is Trials Evo forum, not Mass Effect 3 forum you know http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Now I have to sue Redlynx for reminding me of that horrible moment. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Lukeyy19
05-28-2012, 04:39 AM
I think sebbbi is right, yes the game froze, as is a known issue, but the game didnt corrupt your hard drive, it was just bad timing, the game happened to crash, and you then happened to switch it off right when it happened to be doing something that it didn't like being abruptly stopped.

If any other game had have froze at that same point in time, the same thing would have happened, it just happened to be Evo.

I happened to have said 'happened' a lot in this post.

Sorry for your loss, at least it was only 4 months of saves, when my PS3 gave up, I thought i'd lost 4 years of saves, but I managed to recover them.

crispaholic
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
well said i did not have the patience to explain something like that out lol

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 12:15 PM
can we let this thread die, it needs to die. Send it to dignitas in Switzerland and let it die with dignity and honour, but most of all, let it die soon.

Ajuvix
05-31-2012, 03:39 AM
I would like to reminisce about the Viewtiful Joe demo for PS2 about 7 or 8 years ago. You got a disk with demos monthly with Playstation magazine. Apparently if you played the Viewtiful Joe demo, it wiped out your memory card completely. No more MGS, Splinter Cell, FFX, SSX, GTA, Madden saves. Everything gone. I had a Yosimite Sam breakdown (see video below) All I got was an email from Sony with a hideously inadequate apology. I understand where you're coming from McDoobs!

QnDxPG3KrtA

khbecker
05-31-2012, 04:17 AM
I would like to reminisce about the Viewtiful Joe demo for PS2 about 7 or 8 years ago. You got a disk with demos monthly with Playstation magazine. Apparently if you played the Viewtiful Joe demo, it wiped out your memory card completely. No more MGS, Splinter Cell, FFX, SSX, GTA, Madden saves. Everything gone. I had a Yosimite Sam breakdown (see video below) All I got was an email from Sony with a hideously inadequate apology.

I got hit by that demo too. I was so pissed. I got the same lame apology e-mail. The worst part is that Sony later gave out free games to people that had their saves wiped (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news071204sonydemodisc), but didn't really tell anyone. Or at least not me. I didn't learn about the offer until years later and well after I threw away that demo disc. I'm gonna guess you weren't aware of that either based on what you wrote.

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Firstly thanks to shifty samurai for replying at least tho I am still not a happy customer.

Sorry for your loss, at least it was only 4 months of saves, when my PS3 gave up, I thought i'd lost 4 years of saves, but I managed to recover them.

It's only a 4month old console I got a new slim and I transferred my hard drive it's actually 3 years worth of save data.

Someone said its just bad luck that the events strung together the way they did I say the unlucky events began with buying trials, had I not been playing trials I wouldn't have froze and I wouldn't have then turned off my console while it was performing whatever it was doing at the time.

And why should this thread die? I am a customer, an unsatisfied one at that who are you to wish upon me that I don't get the answers I seek?

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Firstly thanks to shifty samurai for replying at least tho I am still not a happy customer.

It's only a 4month old console I got a new slim and I transferred my hard drive it's actually 3 years worth of save data.

Someone said its just bad luck that the events strung together the way they did I say the unlucky events began with buying trials, had I not been playing trials I wouldn't have froze and I wouldn't have then turned off my console while it was performing whatever it was doing at the time.

And why should this thread die? I am a customer, an unsatisfied one at that who are you to wish upon me that I don't get the answers I seek?

First, let me say that I do feel for you, I really do. I have had failed hard drives etc. and it really sucks. However I see you like listed facts so maybe this one will help:

- File systems can corrupt. Fact.
- Hard drives WILL crash at some point in time (weeks-years). Fact.
- You can backup most of your Xbox save games. Fact.

So, either one of these is true:

- You were too lazy and/or stupid to backup the saves especially seeing you've had a console for 3 years. Fact.
OR
- You didn't really care about your saves. Fact.

It's quite simple really. I mean, who would you blame if you lost for example 3 years worth of photos on your computer? Microsoft (or your favorite OS manufacturer)? Random software developer which may or may not have caused say a blue screen (MS case)? Electricity company for possible electricity spike? Hard drive manufacturer? I know who'd I blame if I didn't have a backup of them.

These things do happen you know, however much it sucks.

Oh, and this is my first post on the forum, not anyone's second account. I have been reading this forum since HD came out and the constant whining and moaning in like every second topic is getting really old.

Good day sirs and madams.

Euan
05-31-2012, 11:09 PM

You can not prove that this is trials fault for all we/you know it could have crashed no matter what game you were on. And if you wanted a dev, you could have PM'ed them instead of making such a big deal out something you don't have proof on

FlowRiderX
05-31-2012, 11:17 PM

You can not prove that this is trials fault for all we/you know it could have crashed no matter what game you were on. And if you wanted a dev, you could have PM'ed them instead of making such a big deal out something you don't have proof on

Devs already replied and the answer wasn't in anyway beneficial to you. I don't see how you can expect to get anything else out of your request by now...