PDA

View Full Version : Color setting does nothing on some objects/effects

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
There are some items that have a color setting, but are not affected by changing the values. Partial list:

Ropes
Fire
Fireworks
Fireflies

If the setting does make a difference, it is too subtle for my eye. I really wanted some green fire. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

RetiredRonin
05-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not exactly sure on any of them, but I think the color for the Fireworks, Fireflys, and the Fire is connected to the color of the light and not the item.

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm not exactly sure on any of them, but I think the color for the Fireworks, Fireflys, and the Fire is connected to the color of the light and not the item.

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly. I don't see the color of anything change when I use the color picker. In the case of the effects, there really is no "item" to colorize, so if it's not meant to color the effect itself, there's no point in having it.

emerica6708
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Shifty is saying it colors the light that the object puts out, if you want to see what I'm talking about make it night time, then get some fire and put it close to the ground and add a few things around it, change the color to green and the glow from the fire will be green on the ground and the objects around it. It's just like the headlight on the bike, you can change the color of the actual light but you can also change the color of the light when it hits the ground or a ramp.

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
you change the PARTICLE colors, i know for a fact fire can be re-colored to any color you want. Blue/Pure Red ect. Same as fireworks, made them all blue.

Not sure about rope.