PDA

View Full Version : Item(s) buried underground in the editor

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi

Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed, I tried searching the forums but wasn't exactly sure what to search for.

I was just in the middle of making a new track, using the flat concrete ground at Initiative Industries as a base, and stumbled across a rock buried under ground. It's just a regular sedimentary rock, but the fact that it was buried under the concrete made me think there could be more stuff under ground. Stuff that's maybe more interesting than a rock.

It could just be a leftover rock from a time when the map was different, and in fact that's probably all it is, but it made me think of what was said in the credits about people living in holes in the ground...

If anyone wants to see this mysterious rock for themselves, it's coordinates are [X: 729.80] [Y: 147.94] [Z: 694.91]. Or, if that doesn't actually help, follow these steps:

[list:2ims4yww]Open up the Editor ( I used Pro, but Light could work)[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Go to Initiative Industries[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Notice the main road running parallel to the large concrete area[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Where the road turns onto the concrete, there is a nearby pipe in a ditch (facing the same direction as the turn in the road)[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Place a start marker on the top of this pipe, and an end marker about 60m from it in the concrete field (parallel to the road which enters the area)[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Dig a deep hole(using any ditch/riverbed you want)*[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Find rock[/list:u:2ims4yww]
[list:2ims4yww]Be amazed[/list:u:2ims4yww]

*Alternately you could just dig the whole place up with loads of ditches, but this way will lead you exactly to the rock.

Like I said, this could mean nothing, or it could mean something. I don't know. I just thought I'd bring it up for discussion.

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 12:18 PM
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif you do realise that i might have to start digging up the whole map in search for strange artifacts?

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
That's my plan. Turn the whole world map into a gigantic ditch and see what I find http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
That's nothing. I've found several dinosaur bones and even struck oil the other day.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah? I found the Piltdown Man. Top that.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I just found the Holy Grail!

Morfyboy
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
All i can add to this boys is watch the credits on evo....all the way..

There is a secret community under ground( or something along them lines)..so finding items underground has made me start to look.i watched the credits earlier today and it tells a story..

Aslo. Ive found a gold plaque in a frame of a squirrel and writing.couldnt read the writing though...mmmmm

T4KShadow
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
If you're not making that squirrel frame thing up post it in the easter eggs thread!!