PDA

View Full Version : making a dark room?

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm wanting to make a track where at some point you enter into a building for part of the level. I was wondering, does anyone know if you can make the inside of the building pitch black while keeping the rest of the track looking like it's daytime? I've been messing around with it for about 45 minutes and can't figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jarr3tt88
04-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Use the area weather condition tool, have heavy fog changed to black.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 07:25 AM
That kinda works but not really for what I'm trying to do. I want to have a couple lights in the building casting shadows and showing where jumps are but with the heavy black fog, all sky colors, and every other option in the "area condition" properties set to black it's just barely darker and it's really hazy like everything has a smeared look. I could prolly use a black and white camera effect but I don't really want to do it that way because I want the colors in the lit areas, and I also can't figure out how to get a custom camera to follow the rider like the default one does.

Jarr3tt88
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
I also can't figure out how to get a custom camera to follow the rider like the default one does.

Check follow rider in the options lol If you mean lock you cant do that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif don't think)

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I also can't figure out how to get a custom camera to follow the rider like the default one does.

Check follow rider in the options lol If you mean lock you cant do that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif don't think)

Ha! I feel dumb now, I was trying to make it target the little bulls eye that the default camera is targeting and couldn't so figured you couldn't, didn't even think to actually click on the rider lol thank you for that. I would still like to keep the camera option as a last resort though because like I said in the earlier post, I would like to have the normal colors in the lit areas.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
and after messing with the camera I don't think I can do it that way either, when you target the rider with a camera it will only follow him by turning on a pivot, I couldn't get it to actually move with the rider like the default camera does and only the default camera has the "follow:game character" option.

SparkierJoNESZ
04-27-2012, 09:01 AM
create a trigger system that changes the sky colors(darker) when your inside and when you leave the room turn it back