PDA

View Full Version : Train Sequence

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello,

I am trying to make a sequence in the map where you are riding on a moving train. I have been woking on this forever, and I am at witts end here. I have a train prop attached to two tractor wheels that are on a platform in the air, the wheels are motorized and carrying the train just above the ground. I had a problem where the wheels got stuck ( I still couldnt figure out why ), and i fixed it by adding a prop that is attached to the train with a slider joint so the train would keep upright.

I have enabled physics without testing and the train works perfect, but when i test out the track with my bike the train just stops and falls to the ground as if all the physics joints just broke. I cant figure out why this is happening because it doesn't happen while I am editing.

PLEASE help me.

Btw, not just this has happened, there has been a plethora of other physics related discrepancies that i couldn't figure out. Usually with physics instances breaking or not working proplerly. I have to say I love the editor and the work redlynx put into it, but those problems are just a big thorn in the side.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
I'd say try not powering the wheels. Make each carriage a glued object. Glue each carriage together with a physics joint. Then use some sort of general physics force to pull the first carriage.

I think the motorised wheels will be difficult.