PDA

View Full Version : Area Force Controls start strange and then fine after moving

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi,

I'm making a skill game with 5 directional controls, forward, backwards, left & right are controlled with my left stick and jets/height is controlled with the right trigger. I have set these up using area forces , state controllers and controller triggers (similar setup to the rolling chrome ball). The controls work great but for some reason everytime I start the game my character flies off in a random direction, the only way to get the controls working properly is to circle my left stick in to every conceivable position and press my trigger. I only have to do this once at the start and once I've done this they work how I want them too? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/think.gif

Does anybody know why? I've made a great skill game I'd like to share with the community but I'm worried people will hate it because they might not know what to do at the start to get things working normal, I've already put about 50 hours into it so I'd really like to get it sorted or would even look at a better control system if anyone has any suggestions?

All the best

Major