PDA

View Full Version : Customizable controls, please. Help disabled gamers.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Please update the game so the player can assign any function to any button they wish. As someone with limited use of their right hand I find it frustrating that you get one control scheme and that's it. I use the right trigger to the best of my ability until my hand gets tired and then use a for gas which sometimes results in my accidentally pressing b at the worst possible time, talk about maddening! Also, whats up with not being able to use the right stick to lean? That might make a world of difference to someone with a disability. If you have time please watch this video and sign the petition to let developers know customizable controls should be standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7q9aFJ_T4

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Can I get a comment from the devs on if/when this could be implemented? If for some reason full button customization cannot be implemented at least add the option to swap left trigger & right trigger.

rlmergeuser
05-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Anything, RedLynx?

FlowRiderX
05-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Actually for what you are asking is easy since the buttons are already customizable in the editor ... It should not be too hard to realise what you wish. Maybe this could get updated along with the inverted controls some players (not me) are already waiting for.

Naturally I have no insight of the engine. I am just a guy jumping to conclusions from is own experiences http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif.. RedLynx has a lot of bugfixing to do right now and their will be a second patch after the one coming soon..

Btw devs usually don't answer on Sundays so bump the thread a few times next week.

Edit : Didn't see that the thread is already over three weeks old... You must have had bad luck then... Maybe pm sebbbi...

RetiredRonin
05-20-2012, 10:49 PM
I'll make sure someone at least sees this thread.

rlmergeuser
05-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I've wanted button customization to be standard ever since I played Timesplitters 2. It just makes sense to allow everyone to control the game however best suites them, regardless of whether or not they have a disability. Some games have TERRIBLE button layouts! And you can't change them http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

emerica6708
05-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I can see one reason this wouldn't be possible, or at least would be very hard to implement, maybe. When people build a custom track they can make any button do anything they want, they can change gas and brake and make X and B make you lean forward and back. It would be difficult, I'd guess at least, to have an option to swap the controls game wide and still be able to keep the functionality of some maps that require a custom layout. Plus, if there was a map that did swap gas and brake to make it more difficult, someone could go into the options and swap gas and brake game wide, which would effectively make controlling the bike like it has always been and give themselfs an advantage. It sucks that people with disabilities cannot play because of the possibility of cheaters though, if that's even a valid concern.

Just my thoughts on it, be sure that RedLynx is a fantastic company and I'm sure the people there are more than willing to try to help as many people possible play their games if they can, so don't give up yet.

rlmergeuser
05-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Worse comes to worse, contact Ben Heck and see if he can make you a left-handed controller.

I could see it being pretty simple if it were just for Trials... LT and RT could be a dual trigger for your first and middle fingers, then you'd leave the left stick, back, XBOX, and start buttons where they are (or re-position start to be closer). You don't need much else unless you're editing tracks or playing ninja tracks.

rlmergeuser
05-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Excellent, thanks a lot, shifty. If total customization is not possible at least try to get the option to swap triggers.

rlmergeuser
06-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Any update on this?

rlmergeuser
08-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Been a while, any update?

rlmergeuser
10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Man, I was hoping this would be part of the next update.

rlmergeuser
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Sikboy1029 request that is important, I am with him in his application for the next update because the application is legitimate

CagBall
10-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Bump.

rlmergeuser
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Come on, this should be reasonably easy to do, it's something I wish was standard. It will certainly stop my from purchasing the DLC.

rlmergeuser
11-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Come on, Redlynx!

SparkierJoNESZ
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
i support this

it would also be great if all buttons where available for making skillgames so splitting a/rt and x/lt and adding b
maybe only allow this for skillgames etc

but anyway helping the disabled is a great thing to do

rlmergeuser
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Guess I should post here more often seeing as how posting passively every once in a while has yielded zero results. I would like to think they could have included it in the title update foe their DLC support. Is asking for customizable controls for a game that uses 3 buttons asking too much?

Barrybarfly
12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I have no idea if this is something that could be addresed in a title update. If it can be, I hope that it is in any future TU. If not, then hopefully it is something that RL will consider for any future games they release (such as IOS games, etc). http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

rlmergeuser
12-01-2012, 03:33 AM
It would be possible in a title update, Portal 2 had this very thing added in a title update.

rlmergeuser
12-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe they can get this in with the next update before the riders of doom DLC...

ClutchMystaFlex
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
As far as im concerned every game should have custom button mapping. why would that be so bad?

rlmergeuser
12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Who says it'd bad? If every game had it I'd probably play more console games.

rlmergeuser
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Any update on this?

Euphoric Fusion
12-19-2012, 09:15 PM
If it wasn't in the most recent update then I wouldn't hold your breath on it.
You may be better off waiting for the PC version.

BlastergamerX
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
i support this too

it would also be great if all buttons where available for making skillgames so splitting a/rt and x/lt and adding b
maybe only allow this for skillgames etc
I have requested this many times lol!
...and also splitting Lstick-dpad too in skillgames!

stllbreathnbdy
12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
+1 for the cause. While the disabled gamer community may be a small market, able bodied people get hurt a lot. I busted my hand 10 months ago, some games were pretty tough in a cast http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif. Plus it just makes sense from a preference standpoint. Some goofballs just don't want to be told what buttons they have to use for the game, not that it would be better any other way. It's all about the option.

dasraizer
01-05-2013, 08:11 AM
this may be of some help, not a game TU solution, but will allow all games to be remapped.

XCM Re-Mapper for XBOX 360
rzaUMefqPr8

rlmergeuser
01-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm sure there are at least a few more patches coming, seems like there are some more bugs that still need to be squashed. Come on, devs, add customizable controls! As a side note, if this does not get added I will not bother purchasing any of their future releases, I do enjoy MotoHeroz & Trials Evolution but if they can't be bothered to add this while churning out their paid DLC I'm done with RedLynx products. I mean really, I posted this like 4 days after TE was released.

rlmergeuser
03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Safe to assume the XBLA version will be left in the dust to focus on PC now, it was fun until I couldn't play anymore. Thanks, Redlynx.

dasraizer
03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Safe to assume the XBLA version will be left in the dust to focus on PC now, it was fun until I couldn't play anymore. Thanks, Redlynx.

why not write to Microsoft and just ask if they can add a dashboard update to remap buttons, making it transparent to any game/app.

SwagDeflector
03-05-2013, 10:12 AM

why not write to Microsoft and just ask if they can add a dashboard update to remap buttons, making it transparent to any game/app.

Because microsoft doesn't control all the programming for every single game.

They can't rewrite redlynx's software to my knowledge.

RL you guys still haven't said anything back to him at least not in this thread for a long time.

And I'm sticking to the XBL Trials evo. Don't need to play it on PC when somebody whos 10 spots above me on XBL is 1st on PC. I think I could see the outcome.

dasraizer
03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
not my point

they have access to the core of the pad which means they could if they wanted override any control system without the need to reprogram any games because they "should" have the ability to remap the controls at the source making the game see its an "A" button pressed even though it was a "Y"

SwagDeflector
03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
not my point

they have access to the core of the pad which means they could if they wanted override any control system without the need to reprogram any games because they "should" have the ability to remap the controls at the source making the game see its an "A" button pressed even though it was a "Y"

Yes but I'm pretty sure that the controller is universal for every game ever made. So in cod you'd have to hit Y to jump?

They wouldn't remap the entire controller specs for a arcade game.

Or any game I'm almost positive they wouldn't.

dasraizer
03-15-2013, 06:52 PM
not my point

Yes but I'm pretty sure that the controller is universal for every game ever made. So in cod you'd have to hit Y to jump?

They wouldn't remap the entire controller specs for a arcade game.

Or any game I'm almost positive they wouldn't.

it shouldn't be too difficult for every game to have its own custom controller file, so if you wish to remap a game, on loading the xbox scans to see if there is a custom remap and then loads that file and sets up your custom config, it could even be a set up via the guide button in game, the game won't care either way as it just sees the codes from the controller and not that they have been remapped.

if you really wanted to find out if this is possible, just write to microsoft, im sure they would be happy to read any and all suggestion thrown their way.