PDA

View Full Version : Question about spring.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey, I've made a skill games. Basketballin' 3.0, Homerun Derby 2, Climbotron and a few others. I'm in the middle of making whats going to be the best by far out of all of them if i can figure this out.

Here's my question. I have a spring pivot that shoots a ball into the air, and it's already built. I also have a contraption around it to make the thing not go out of control afterwards. How do i make the spring move so you can aim it? and how do i glue the contraption to it without deleting my spring pivot?

I know how to work the controller inputs i just don't know how to make a spring rotate with the rest of my contraption.

Thanks in advance. I'm loving this editor, i'm looking forward to making MANY maps in the future.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Is this possible or should i just give it up and try something else?

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm very noob at triggers and event, but what you want should be possible with an object position event, tied to either the left stick (for aiming) or maybe it could go continously back and forth (with a interval trigger) and the played would have to aim that way, waiting for the spring to be where they want.

So yeah. I'm not sure, but i Think it's possible. Can't say how it's done though. Check out the tutorial video on Object Position Event, and perhaps the interval trigger.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm very noob at triggers and event, but what you want should be possible with an object position event, tied to either the left stick (for aiming) or maybe it could go continously back and forth (with a interval trigger) and the played would have to aim that way, waiting for the spring to be where they want.

So yeah. I'm not sure, but i Think it's possible. Can't say how it's done though. Check out the tutorial video on Object Position Event, and perhaps the interval trigger.

Thanks for the input man, but i figured it out. I'm no longer using a spring i'm using an area effector which can be glued to an object, in turn, makes it able to be controlled by a joint motor. Which is way, waay easier.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 03:23 AM
You can do one of those if you are doing a foreign trip -- that gives you full-pad practices. If you have full-pad practices, you can use one of them to play a spring game.