PDA

View Full Version : How do I glue to bike?

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I've been studying examples like "Ball of steel" to try and figure out how you glue things to your bike.
There is a pink connection from the pivot point of the objects to an unknown yellow cube that has a pink connection to the bike.
Can someone please tell me how to make that connection? I can't find it anywhere.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I want to bring back the game type where you pull the trailer of bombs but i can't figure it out either. :/

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
That unknown object is the Object Glue found in:

Common > Physics > Object Glue

as for the pink connection that is the pivot point for a Rotation Hinge, Single Axis, Physics Joint found in the same location.

You will want to examine the yellow square in that event that's up and behind the rider. the first target is the bike itself while the other is set to that glue object.

sipe
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Ball of steel frame is glue group which is connected to the bike with physics joint. There is preset "point to point - hard" which is similar to Trials HD glue.

You will want to examine the yellow square in that event that's up and behind the rider. the first target is the bike itself while the other is set to that glue object.

Physics joint is not "event" even it does have same kind of icon visualization.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Physics joint is not "event" even it does have same kind of icon visualization.

by event I meant the ball of steel example. sorry for the confusion.

EDIT:

I just made a working bomb cart track for testing. I will be making an uploading a tutorial on it tonight for you and I'll post the video in this thread.

EDIT2:

http://i.imgur.com/j3M5e.png

Here is the Bomb Cart Logic if you want to try this yourself. Still going to work on a tutorial to explain everything in detail later tonight.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
as promised here is my tutorial on making a bomb cart skill game. I'm not the best at video editing so it's quite long but everything you need should be right there. If anyone has questions or ways to improve it ask and/or inform me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4piqByd2LY8