PDA

View Full Version : Changing the time of day mid race.

IFTHISTHENTHAT
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I can't seem to figure this out.

How do I change the time of day during play in the editor?

I know how to do it in the track settings, but what about setting an event for this?

Thanks

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Skip to 1:20. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcWzcErp6rA)

That's the only way I know how to do it, but there's probably a better way.

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Common > Game > Area Condition

IFTHISTHENTHAT
04-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys!

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I basically had the same question, found the tool and tried it before looking on the forums.My problem is this- If I exit that area, the effect goes away.If I need it for a good half of my track, the size of the area condition is going to be huge. Is there a way around this that is easy, or am I going to have the stretch that bubble out to rediculous proportions?

sipe
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I basically had the same question, found the tool and tried it before looking on the forums.My problem is this- If I exit that area, the effect goes away.If I need it for a good half of my track, the size of the area condition is going to be huge. Is there a way around this that is easy, or am I going to have the stretch that bubble out to rediculous proportions?

Big ball implementation is not easy enough? I can't imagine simpler implementation than that.

Also area condition does have intensity slider from 0 to 100 which gives endless possibilites to control anyway you like.
Intensity can be based on time, bike position at driving line and calculated with any custom formula you can come up with.

katamariUK
04-25-2012, 04:16 PM

Animate the Area Condition to follow the rider's coordinates via an Object Position Event. Disable the Area Effector with a State Event when the rider reaches the point you no longer need it.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Big ball implementation is not easy enough? I can't imagine simpler implementation than that.

Also area condition does have intensity slider from 0 to 100 which gives endless possibilites to control anyway you like.
Intensity can be based on time, bike position at driving line and calculated with any custom formula you can come up with.
I just did not know how much the big ball implementation would hurt on the complexity of the track, which I should have mentioned. Oh and the intensity is quite a neat thing , I was going to set it to accelerate along with the bike speed, but have not got around to it. I'm going to mess around with it now, thanks for the responses!