PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a ball move?

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi all, I've been stuck on on the level editor for awhile on how to make the ball move, I looked at the sphere example to get a good start on what functions I need but I want the ball to move globally and not within a area. Instead of the 'area effector' from the example I have used 'directional force'. Maybe 'directional force' wasn't need? What am I doing wrong?

At the moment, I only want the left and right directions to be used

edit: this is my first post, would help if I can show you all the pic, the bot says no http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

katamariUK
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Use Area Effector. Directional Force has to be glued to an object to make it move and with a ball it would rotate with the ball and not work correctly.

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Use Area Effector. Directional Force has to be glued to an object to make it move and with a ball it would rotate with the ball and not work correctly.

oh well, looks like I gotta paste them, thanks

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
to add to what katamariUK said, i would use two area effectors, one for forwards and backwards and one for left and right. the strength of these would need to be set by the left stick vertical and horizontal values respectively, perhaps with some multipliers to stop the force from being too small

to keep the area effectors in the right place use the move object event (i forget its proper name) and set the position of these events to move the area effectors to the location of the ball. this event would need to be activated by an impulse generator which should be at its lowest setting (sending an impulse every tick)