PDA

View Full Version : Can you build 4 Player tracks?

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 05:06 AM
I couldn't find the answer ANYWHERE. So can you or not? Are there only a certain amount of 4 player tracks, or will you be able to download more?

Jarr3tt88
04-15-2012, 05:13 AM
You can make/download supercross tracks the 4 player multiplayer tracks.

In game tracks can be played multiplayer 4 player, I don't know about customs though....that I do hope for.

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 05:15 AM
I was actually the first person to ask that on the forums and I instantly got a big fat yes from ANBA.

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 05:18 AM
You can make/download supercross tracks the 4 player multiplayer tracks.

In game tracks can be played multiplayer 4 player, I don't know about customs though....that I do hope for.
Wait, whats Supercross? is that 4 player online?

Jarr3tt88
04-15-2012, 05:25 AM

O_o

Supercross is the track with 4 people at once. driveline x4. Thats online and local. Local works a bit different than online. Local you lose a point when you fall off the screen and respawn (really fun!)

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 05:29 AM

O_o

Supercross is the track with 4 people at once. driveline x4. Thats online and local. Local works a bit different than online. Local you lose a point when you fall off the screen and respawn (really fun!)

But what were you talking about not sure about playing 4 player custom tracks?

And so you can go into the editor, and select Supercross, and build tracks for 4 players?

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 06:54 AM

O_o

And so you can go into the editor, and select Supercross, and build tracks for 4 players?

OMG!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Jarr3tt88
04-15-2012, 07:10 AM

Devs have said we can play any in game tracks online against 3 other people. BUT they never said anything about custom tracks being the same way.

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 07:45 AM

Devs have said we can play any in game tracks online against 3 other people. BUT they never said anything about custom tracks being the same way.
I'd have to find the quote, but I'm nearly positive they've said you can do 4-player "ghost-style" multiplayer on any single player track, either in-game or custom.

Found it! From http://www.thereticule.com/trials-evolution-an-interview/

The Reticule – The new multiplayer mode looks fantastic, how exciting is it for you to know that people will be racing head to head?

Jani - It’s really exciting. We hope players have as much fun playing it as we’ve had creating it. Even though testing is something we have to keep doing over and over, it always ends up as a close race to the finish line with screaming and cursing.

And remember, when you host a Private online match or play Local multiplayer, you can race on user-created tracks! If someone in your race doesn’t have the track, it only takes seconds to download, because the actual size of the track files are less than 10 kilobytes!

rlmergeuser
04-15-2012, 09:13 AM

I'd have to find the quote, but I'm nearly positive they've said you can do 4-player "ghost-style" multiplayer on any single player track, either in-game or custom.

Found it! From http://www.thereticule.com/trials-evolution-an-interview/

The Reticule – The new multiplayer mode looks fantastic, how exciting is it for you to know that people will be racing head to head?

Jani - It’s really exciting. We hope players have as much fun playing it as we’ve had creating it. Even though testing is something we have to keep doing over and over, it always ends up as a close race to the finish line with screaming and cursing.

And remember, when you host a Private online match or play Local multiplayer, you can race on user-created tracks! If someone in your race doesn’t have the track, it only takes seconds to download, because the actual size of the track files are less than 10 kilobytes!

Okay thanks, lol. Sorry about asking, but I just really wanted to know. Its no deal breaker or anything, but its nice being able to build tracks and play with your friends.

Thanks everyone.

RedLynxANBA
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
No sorries for asking. Allways ok.

rlmergeuser
04-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Out of curiosity online Motocross has no respawning correct? It's simply a race to the end?

Jarr3tt88
04-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Out of curiosity online Motocross has no respawning correct? It's simply a race to the end?

Yes. IMO that kinda takes out the fun of it. I hope they have an option to make it like local...Nothing like yelling at your friend for making you fault http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif haha

rlmergeuser
04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Your question is a little vague, let me see if I can clarify.

When playing local multiplayer (side-by-side riders on the same screen, this is SUPERCROSS), in addition to faulting and respawning when you crash, you will fault and re-spawn when you get too far behind the leader and fall off the screen.

When playing online supercross multiplayer (side-by-side), this rule is not in effect. Every rider has their own Xbox, and own game camera, so you don't automatically respawn when you go off the screen.

The other online multiplayer option, (ghost riders on the same track, or Motocross), will of course allow respawning (to the latest checkpoint via the B button), but will not allow restarting of the track via the BACK button.

rlmergeuser
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Yeah you answered my questioned, I was hoping supercross online would be that way. Thanks.