PDA

View Full Version : English radio chatter in BoB campaigns

Gato-Loco
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Does anyone knows how to get rid off the English chatter after installing the BoB campaign? I don't want to turn the inflight music off because I want to use russian and german radio chatter. For some reason the English radio chatter files keep playing regarthless on what I have in the inflight music folder.

Gato-Loco
03-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Does anyone knows how to get rid off the English chatter after installing the BoB campaign? I don't want to turn the inflight music off because I want to use russian and german radio chatter. For some reason the English radio chatter files keep playing regarthless on what I have in the inflight music folder.

NTESLA
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Gato-Loco,

Lets get something clear here,

English Radio Chatter: This is just a background "Sound file" that plays and has not direct relation with what you do in the game, it just adds an extra immersion factor to the game. This can be disabled by either turning off music in IL2 menu or deleting/renaming the "music" file.

RAF Commonwealth Voice Pack: This is the Voice pack that I made with other fellows here for to replace the American voices originally found in IL2:FB. These are the voices that come from your wingmen, bombers, flights, Tower, etc. These react to what happens in the sim. You either are playing Allies or had the RAF voice pack overwrite your German and Soviet voice packs. Go into your

\\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech

directory and get into your DE and RU folders, click on any of the ACTOR directories inside and double click on a *.wav file to see if it still sounds English instead of German or Russian.

Hope this helps.

http://fluxout.homestead.com/files/Thx-32x.jpg

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you"

Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Gato-Loco
03-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Got it!! Thanks!!