PDA

View Full Version : Bug? : Wrong airplane in campain

Mors11
04-13-2004, 05:30 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help me.
After I installed AEP I tried to continue my old FB dynamic campains, but when the mission starts I am always sitting in the wrong plane; I mean my old original character became an AI pilot and I have control of another. I hope there is a way to correct this.

Thanks for your help.

Mors11
04-13-2004, 05:30 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help me.
After I installed AEP I tried to continue my old FB dynamic campains, but when the mission starts I am always sitting in the wrong plane; I mean my old original character became an AI pilot and I have control of another. I hope there is a way to correct this.

Thanks for your help.

AlGroover
04-13-2004, 07:37 AM
I had a problem like this a while ago (not to do with AEP) in which my wingman would try to 'merge' his aircraft with mine, causing me to die. I tried to fly the mission a couple of times and avoid him but he would chase me all over the sky in order to do this. I loaded the mission into the FMB and found the 'player' box was ticked on the wrong aircraft. I rectified this and all was OK. Suggest you try looking at this.

JorBR
04-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Things like that can happen when game is patched. You should do what Al has suggested, but I strongly recommend a totally new campaign everytime a new Patch/Addon is installed.

"Never wrestle with a pig; you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!"

Mors11
04-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Thank you, I never used the mission editor so I didn't know that I can use it for this problem. I managed to edit the *.mis files with an text editor and I think it will work now.

mortoma
04-13-2004, 11:31 AM
That's weird, I had over 30 campaigns going before the patch and have continued all with no problems.
Except the first mission after patching with a couple of the campaigns, where AI got credit for my kills and I got credit for theirs. That fixed itself by the next mission somehow though in both cases.