PDA

View Full Version : YOUR ADVICE PLEASE

rlmergeuser
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
due to my job i need to get a psp or ds etc.. what would be the best to get and what are the top games...

rlmergeuser
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
what are the options? PSP and DS are pretty poo for their different reasons.

its expensive, but i'd go for the iPhone

lespritdelescal
03-05-2010, 05:08 AM
DS all the way! Although, there have been a lack of decent titles for it lately.

What is your job? Maybe I could make a better recommendation if I knew what you were up to.

rlmergeuser
03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
it mostly depends what type of games you want to play, i have a ds myself.....

jonofthejungle9
03-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Get a DS!
Its got loads of good games and its backward compatible if a mate's got a stash of childhood classic Gameboy (the small cartridge ones)!
I got one and a mario game, where you can share a demo and play head to head against another DSer!
I had the psp and the games are brilliant, but the controls are just too frustrating to enjoy them properly. besides, those sort of games are way better on the console.
So as everyone else is saying, DS is the obvious choice.

rlmergeuser
03-05-2010, 11:07 AM
if you like oldschool games @ work and like emulators, psp is the way to go. for retail games, go ds.

lespritdelescal
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
If you have a PS3, you can play your PSP games on your television.. not sure if that matters.

rlmergeuser
03-06-2010, 12:46 PM
just remembered something - R4 DS. with that you can download pretty much any DS game for free - a friend of mine has probably saved about 1000 because of it, and got scribblenoughts (sp?) before UK release.

because of that, i'd go for the DS

rlmergeuser
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
DS all the way! Although, there have been a lack of decent titles for it lately.

What is your job? Maybe I could make a better recommendation if I knew what you were up to.
do waking watch in a kids home for delinquents. and when there asleep its boring. i get a few hrs of just watching tv or reading

lespritdelescal
03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Hmm.. doesn't help really. I thought it was going to be a part of your work.

DS Lites are probably pretty cheap right now. There's the DSi and the DS XL coming out.

rlmergeuser
03-12-2010, 10:20 PM
cheers guys. there a new ds just come out so it looks like that

Ender_IXI
03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Read:

Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow
Brave New World
IV by Chuck Klosterman
The Belgariad & The Mallorean by David Eddings
Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King
Bangkok Tattoo by John Burdett
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Couple books off the top of my head that i find enjoyable, i've read all of them multiple times.

rlmergeuser
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
yo ender, half your list are some of my favourites too. i rarely see someone mention that king book tho, when i do noone even knows he made a book like that. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
for books you want DRAGONLANCE all thew way.. anymore iodeas for my long boring nites ?????

lespritdelescal
03-24-2010, 07:00 PM
for books you want DRAGONLANCE all thew way.. anymore iodeas for my long boring nites ?????
Bring your 360 to work and it can be TRIALS TIME BABY... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Uhm...

Solve a rubik's cube?
If you're getting a DSi and like puzzle games, go for Tetris, Picross, Professor Layton - all excellent time wasters. Unfortunately, all the racing games I've played on the DS aren't that great..

rlmergeuser
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a DSI and i like it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

rlmergeuser
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
no internet there and the snotty kids would nick it and sell it given half a chance lol... i got a dsi second hand 50 notes and a psp 1000 in sexy pink lol 60 notes so i won all round i guess