PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the absence of the object limitation indicator.

rlmergeuser
12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
For most map makers, Including some i know. It would be of quite beneficial to the mathematical design of ones user created track, If he or she, Could determine how many objects they have reserved Before deciding the optimum object placement. Especially when nearing completion ( When you know you gotta be close ) And your like damn.... Well Don't wanna start this and, You get the point. SOLUTION. When at the, I gotta be close stage. Simply make at least two other copies named after your title+test. ( Hopefully you've made multiple copies already for your unfinished project. ) NOW. With one of you copies, Throw down 50 objects, Then try saving. If it let's you, Throw down 50 more and try again. Eventually when you get the dreaded OBJECT LIMITATION message, You will erase 25 and try the save again. When permitted ( And i hope you are keeping track, Counting ) You can proceed with the previous steps in intervals of 5, To narrow it down to the exact number. NOTE, Some objects count as even double. Now your blueprint should be easier to draw out. See, Not such a o SKUMBAG o after all http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

QcChopper
12-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Good idea, but the main problem is that there is so much variation on the size object take depending of the context:

If you put the same object over and over again in the same angle, it doesn't count as a single object the same way a differently placed object would. Objects glued together can count as much as double, not to mention the physics applied on objects.

There was a thread that was made about this a while ago and it was very informative, I'll try looking it up.

EDIT- There it is:

http://www.redlynxtrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2017&p=21525#p21525

rlmergeuser
12-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks QC, I would never suggest glueing objects together, Unless absolutely necessary for what you are trying to accomplish. ( Apparatus exc. ) And yes. Like i stated....... Some objects, Especially physics based, Will count for more than one object. Also please NOTE that Angling is slightly relevant. Instead, When applying this tactic, And in general, ( Make it a habit ) To be aware of room capacity. Making sure that you evenly distribute objects throughout the track. ( Watch the indicator ) Now. SOME SIMPLE TIPS TO MINIMIZE LAG. The depth that the camera has to focus on ( Wall blocks, Or Rooms, Taken out towards the rear ) Is one thing to be cautious of. Lighting, Specifically, Shadows cast, And especially, Shadows cast on wall block openings, Or any architecture towards the rear. Sunlight direction and, Brightness of any lighting adjustment can help. Feel free to abuse the in object lights, As long as they are evenly distributed in room capacity, ( Watch the meter as you space them ) And facing in a non shadow producing angle. I find wall lamps to run smoother than fluorescents. ( IMO ) ALSO. Fog is your friend, Decreasing the distance the camera has to focus on. Knowing obviously, That this has all been said by someone else. I'm just writing this information for anyone who this might help, And or anyone who is new to these forums, Or might of just missed it before. I don't mind answering any level editing questions that the newer user might have, Here in this thread. So....... Please keep all questions in this thread, And not on my XBOX. ALSO...... For all who already know this, Congrats, I'll pin a medal on you. ( A platinum one ) So please refrain from wasting text describing your prior knowledge. This thread... ONCE AGAIN, Is for the new RedLynxgame.com forum user, Or anyone who this might benefit from this information. THC & Trials HD

rlmergeuser
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Minutes later....... And the above post by QcChopper with a link to our very own genius Akatsuki UK's thread, Which is even more in depth than this one as far as tips towards the editor. Thanks Akatsuki ( You gotta like that guy )

rlmergeuser
12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Counting is for people like the vampire from sesame street.lol