PDA

View Full Version : Setting Medal Times/Faults

lespritdelescal
11-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Hey all,

I'm making the first track that I'll probably upload to share, and I just wanted to get some input on setting medal times and faults.

The track I'm making is quite difficult, for me at least, so I won't be able to do a perfect run for quite some time.

I'm guessing I should always set the platinum faults to zero, so I'll do that.

There are 11 checkpoints including the finish line, so the track isn't that long. All of the checkpoints are placed much like they would be in the regular game on an Extreme course. Sometimes very close, and sometimes a little bit further away. None of spacing between checkpoints requires more than several seconds of perfect riding between them.

I have only done a few run throughs on the track, and my best time is just over 6 minutes, with 42 faults. I know that this can be improved quite easily after I update some of the camera angles.

I would love to hear from the experienced track builders, and I can share my track as well if anyone would like to try it. I want to do a few more things with it before I share the final version though.

Thanks!

Jarr3tt88
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I'll take a test run! My GT is Jarr3tt88 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I know exactly whats its like to not know how to do medal times. What I do is play the track a few times and see how long it takes and how many faults. 1st run I do no matter what I get and that winds up being bronze/maybe silver on how I do. Sometimes I just take my time and divide by half faults and a min off typically. Then I watch my replay and count up all the wasted time and that usually winds up platinum; works pretty good! I send my whole friends list to test and sometimes they do lol then I base that on what others gets on how I make the times. I usually allow 1 or 2 for platinum so you do not have to always make it 0. I feel my tracks are long so I can allow that cause playing 2 minutes-3 minutes you deserve 1 or 2 faults and still a good run. Others feel that platinum should always be 0. Who knows.....

Hope that helps! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

lespritdelescal
11-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Thank you!

I'll add you to my list when I get home later tonight.