PDA

View Full Version : Very sticky arms, another bug in "Down the Stairs"

rlmergeuser
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
I discovered something strange, in my living room there are two xbox360's each with there own copy of Trails HD.

While playing Down the Stairs on the xbox360 number one, the character will fall down the stairs and simply bounce&roll&crash all the way to the bottom. On xbox360 number two how ever, any object how ever large or small will always stick onto the arms (hands) of the character. Hitting a rock will always mean you're stuck there, sometimes the body will continue for two stairs streching the arm over that distance and then pulling the body back. Other times you're lucky and still make it to the bottom where the first item you hit is those big blue cabinets, which gives a funny sight: the character latches onto the cabinet, continues past it for about a meter or three then the arm strech effect will stop the body completely and propel the cabinet at high speed.....

Has anyone noticed this same effect? Ive tried to remove and reinstall the game on xbox360 with no resolve.

Would be nice to know if there is a solution for this simple problem. (btw if prove is needed I could try to film it...bad quality though)

rlmergeuser
08-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Are you holding the Y button after bailing or does the Y button on the other Xbox controller stick maybe? If you press it after bailing or continue holding it your guy will grab onto stuff.

rlmergeuser
08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Noggle, the controller has faulthy Y button. Swapping the controllers around produced the same effect on the other console while solving the problem for the first....time to contact microsoft

rlmergeuser
08-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks Noggle, the controller has faulthy Y button. Swapping the controllers around produced the same effect on the other console while solving the problem for the first....time to contact microsoft

No problem http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif