PDA

View Full Version : would this be the great patch day?

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
now it's already almost 2 hours the 30th in Russia. would this finally be it? I think at least a statement from either Oleg or an UBI official (like last time) would be in order if it was not the case.

anyway, let's say this is the big day and UBI makes it available on their website/FTP server. I have a suspicion that certainly the 56k anolog modem users, but even alot of ADSL and cable users are not going to be able to download as the huge demand for it will rise.

any thoughts are welcome

Message Edited on 07/29/0311:53PM by Fresshness

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
now it's already almost 2 hours the 30th in Russia. would this finally be it? I think at least a statement from either Oleg or an UBI official (like last time) would be in order if it was not the case.

anyway, let's say this is the big day and UBI makes it available on their website/FTP server. I have a suspicion that certainly the 56k anolog modem users, but even alot of ADSL and cable users are not going to be able to download as the huge demand for it will rise.

any thoughts are welcome

Message Edited on 07/29/0311:53PM by Fresshness

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:55 PM
More like the 4th of August.

---------------------------------------

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/109K.jpg

I LOVE MY BF 109 K4!

---------------------------------------

Mors Ianua Vitae (sed mori nolo!)

-Artes Latinae (L186 Anon)-

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 10:58 PM
MackZ wrote:
- More like the 4th of August.

I tend to agree, but, wasn't the last 'official' statement by Oleg that it would be the 30th?

it was later corrected by a UBI official that it *could* be later.

don't you agree though that at least they should again make a similar statement?

XyZspineZyX
07-29-2003, 11:06 PM
The most recent release date (there are many) is "during the week starting on August 4th". So not August 4th itself, but in that week.

Appropriately translated, this means the patch will be out sometime in 2004, or "when it's done".

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

Message Edited on 07/29/0304:09PM by StG77_Fennec