PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed comet idea thread

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-20-2014, 06:44 AM
post your ideas here for the last gen ac game :D

Reptilis91
03-20-2014, 10:53 AM
On Neogaf:

"Have no idea about comet but i received a message from a fellow gaffer who described a a game that is completely different from unity. From what he told me, its a pirate based game set in 1758 and takes place on the atlantic ocean, you play as a english guy called shay and betray a old and bearded adewale who is his captain. If true, this should be one of the other titles for the year."

NAVID4ASSASSIN
03-20-2014, 11:02 AM
if the reptilis91 comment above me comes true i will be extremely surprised but what i wanted this year was connor makes a return in commet and the game will be set in france too like what yononoa said but we will meet a different side of the unity's story with conner, i mean same location but conner in comet and arno in unity.

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 11:08 AM
On Neogaf:

"Have no idea about comet but i received a message from a fellow gaffer who described a a game that is completely different from unity. From what he told me, its a pirate based game set in 1758 and takes place on the atlantic ocean, you play as a english guy called shay and betray a old and bearded adewale who is his captain. If true, this should be one of the other titles for the year."

If thats true then it would suck (for me atleast).

Bojanglesz
03-20-2014, 11:15 AM
On Neogaf:

Hmm. As much as I loved Black Flag, I don't know if I want another Pirate AC game, if this is the case I'll probably give it a miss.

RinoTheBouncer
03-20-2014, 01:24 PM
I believe if they’re doing two titles, then one of them should definitely be more experimental rather than mainstream. I hope they pull a modern day game or something related to Connor and Haytham. Going back to Pirates would be the stupidest move ever. One game and it’s DLC were more than enough, not to mention the iPad game.

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I wrote this in the other thread.

Current gen game will have three parts, one will be about Haytham visiting Istanbul to save his sister, the other will be about Giovanni fooling around in Florence and the other will be about Altair's younger son killing Templars in Jerusalem, you heard it here first.

DavidPage
03-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Current gen game will have three parts, one will be about Haytham visiting Istanbul to save his sister, the other will be about Giovanni fooling around in Florence and the other will be about Altair's younger son killing Templars in Jerusalem, you heard it here first.

Please don't tell me you're joking! I would LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE THAT! But I think you are kidding... Oh well!... When do you thing the two will be officially announced guys? Today? Will both get an announcement at the same time?

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't work for Ubisoft and I don't have inside sources, so I'm just giving an idea, one that more or less makes sense if they want to make an easy to make and cheap game, another cheap option could be a Connor sequel reusing the scenarios from AC3 or a sequel with Adewale reusing the Caribbean world or more Aveline in New Orleans again, reusing previous cities would be the cheaper option, they could concentrate on the story and mission design instead.

DavidPage
03-20-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't work for Ubisoft and I don't have inside sources, so I'm just giving an idea, one that more or less makes sense if they want to make an easy to make and cheap game, another cheap option could be a Connor sequel reusing the scenarios from AC3 or a sequel with Adewale reusing the Caribbean world or more Aveline in New Orleans again, reusing previous cities would be the cheaper option, they could concentrate on the story and mission design instead.

I just wanted to make sure if you do or do not have any insiders. Your idea is actually very awesome. But it's purely a fan treat. I can't think of any reason modern day people would relive those three periods...

Dome500
03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
I believe if they’re doing two titles, then one of them should definitely be more experimental rather than mainstream. I hope they pull a modern day game or something related to Connor and Haytham. Going back to Pirates would be the stupidest move ever. One game and it’s DLC were more than enough, not to mention the iPad game.

Agreed.

I mean, I expected a pirate game from Ubisoft, but not again as an Assassins Creed, I rather thought it would be a separate game, like a REAL pirate-only game, not an Assassin/Pirate game again.

I'd rather like them to visit an exotic location in China, or England with connection to the events in the other game (Unity) that comes out this year, or like you said a modern day game. Though I would also like a game as Haytham only. I always wanted to play Haytham for 1 game, he is the most likable Templar in the whole series.

Will_Lucky
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM
On Neogaf:

Well Adewale died between 1751-1776, that part makes sense at least. However 1758 is important for another reason, it was in the middle of the Seven Years War one of the precursors to the French Revolution.

Dome500
03-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Well Adewale died between 1751-1776, that part makes sense at least. However 1758 is important for another reason, it was in the middle of the Seven Years War one of the precursors to the French Revolution.

You mean this is the "Ground Zeros" to our "Phantom Pain" (if you understand the comparison)? (hopefully not in length, but only in the sense that it is a story playing before the main game and being connected to it).

Will_Lucky
03-20-2014, 04:21 PM
You mean this is the "Ground Zeros" to our "Phantom Pain" (if you understand the comparison)? (hopefully not in length, but only in the sense that it is a story playing before the main game and being connected to it).

Oh yes, completely understood. It very well could be, a prequel to the next-gen game for the current gen consoles to try and get them to move over with some sort of cliffhanger or some sort.

Sushiglutton
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM

I really like this concept. A best of approach would be neat.

DumbGamerTag94
03-20-2014, 04:50 PM

We already covered the seven years war partially in AC3 with Haytham's sequences I feel going back to that period would be like beating a dead horse. Unless of course Haytham is the main character and we visit his exploits in Europe during the war, but there's already a book for that so I don't see how that would happen. If there is some kind of Adewale connection to the story and it has to do with the French Rev it may involve his (son or grandson I don't remember) and the Haitian Revolution since this occurred either during the French revolution or during Napoleons rise.

Mr.GoodKall
03-20-2014, 04:53 PM
will the "comet" be only old gen, or cross gen?

EVA Spartan 317
03-20-2014, 05:04 PM
will the "comet" be only old gen, or cross gen?

It is only Ps3 and Xbox 360. Unity is the next-gen title. No idea what the PC gamers get!

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Victorian London pls.

RinoTheBouncer
03-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Agreed.

I mean, I expected a pirate game from Ubisoft, but not again as an Assassins Creed, I rather thought it would be a separate game, like a REAL pirate-only game, not an Assassin/Pirate game again.

I'd rather like them to visit an exotic location in China, or England with connection to the events in the other game (Unity) that comes out this year, or like you said a modern day game. Though I would also like a game as Haytham only. I always wanted to play Haytham for 1 game, he is the most likable Templar in the whole series.

Yeah, Haytham was one of the most well-developed characters or at least the villains of AC universe. I really wish that future games will be more about the story than about who will enjoy them from the public. I mean for example, if AC requires a game set entirely in modern day then so it should be, if it requires us to go to China, then that’s where it should be headed. I was saddened that the last 2 games were more like “Here’s a time and setting that you’ve all seen in a billion other games and films and here are good guys we want you to call Assassins and their enemies, whom you should call Templars. And pretend it’s an Assassin’s Creed game”.

oliacr
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Revisiting Istanbul. Why not? Come on.

VoXngola
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
On Neogaf:

This isn't ok with me.

pls

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Ubisoft did say they were considering another pirate game.

But come on....

#betterhaveconnororhaythamcameo

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Ubisoft did say they were considering another pirate game.

But come on....

#betterhaveconnororhaythamcameo

^ This. lol

JarekKorczynski
03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
We were told to look at the stars and see some hints hidden in plain sight, right?
I'm just looking through the window and what's most prominent on the spring sky is - Orion's Belt

It has been shown to be there in Black Flag too, right?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYAS5nuIEAAtsgQ.jpg

Now; guess what -The stars of Orion were associated with Osiris, the sun-god of rebirth and afterlife, by the ancient Egyptians.

Maybe OSIRIS was not cancelled by they continued to develop it as a future AC title?
PLUS; Seeing how Black Flag introduced the Sages, I'd say it fits afterlife and rebirth..

It may be far fetched, but as good as any other theory we may have atm.

What do you think>?:confused:

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 08:40 PM
We were told to look at the stars and see some hints hidden in plain sight, right?
I'm just looking through the window and what's most prominent on the spring sky is - Orion's Belt

Now; guess what -The stars of Orion were associated with Osiris, the sun-god of rebirth and afterlife, by the ancient Egyptians.

Maybe OSIRIS was not cancelled by they continued to develop it as a future AC title?
PLUS; Seeing how Black Flag introduced the Sages, I'd say it fits afterlife and rebirth..

I always thought look at the stars was referencing Russia but that could work too.

JarekKorczynski
03-21-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/osiris4zgsw8.jpg

and there's the earthquake thing from the presumably scrapped/unfinished Osiris teaser/trailer - quite possible for a comet to cause such a mess ;) ok, I'm bringing this too far. :P but it definately be refreshing, as opposed to the overused 18th century setting. Plus, Ubi always said they're pretty much free to jump between time periods. Who knows.

Dome500
03-21-2014, 09:42 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/osiris4zgsw8.jpg

and there's the earthquake thing from the presumably scrapped/unfinished Osiris teaser/trailer - quite possible for a comet to cause such a mess ;) ok, I'm bringing this too far. :P but it definately be refreshing, as opposed to the overused 18th century setting. Plus, Ubi always said they have pretty much jump between time periods. Who knows.

Yes, I actually have a theory regarding Ubisofts settings. I think to keep it fresh they decided to initiate some kind of cycle of climate zones and cultures.
By that they decided that AC4:BF should be somewhere exotic, AC(5): Unity should be a more traditional European one, AC:Comet might be an exotic one, though it is also possible that this one (since it is coming the same year) is actually somehow connected to Unity and not exotic. But I am sure at the very least that we will get our more exotic location next year.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-21-2014, 10:01 PM
I would bet another 1700's game. Probably one set in America or the Caribbean so they could reuse AC3 or AC4 assets and churn out the last gen game. I highly doubt that both the last gen and next gen game will both be unique and new locations.

Also..if they waste China on the last gen game like some have theorized. I will never, ever, buy an AC game again. Call it a temper tantrum but screwwwwww that.

Hans684
03-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Looks like Dome went off the Grid.

SneakyDex_D500
03-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Looks like Dome went of the Grid.

That damn anti spam bot system -,-

Apparently 10 posts in 5 minutes get you banned. The second tome today......

It's not MY fault that there is so much to talk about today.

souNdwAve89
03-21-2014, 10:15 PM

Good catch. I think it's possible. I think Ubisoft would try to reuse some of its finished assets for a game at some point.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Atlantic Comet makes sense even if from the perpestive of being able to reuse entire naval thing thye built for AC3 & AC4 at least one more time, 'cause it's pretty safe to assume it ain't gonna happen in Unity

Hans684
03-21-2014, 10:35 PM
That damn anti spam bot system -,-

Apparently 10 posts in 5 minutes get you banned. The second tome today......

It's not MY fault that there is so much to talk about today.

Maybe the system might need some work.

Sounds annoying to get banned more than once a day.

It's Abstergo's fult, they forced Ubisoft to reveal Unity. Becouse of that we have more to talk about.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:37 PM
What if Alan Rikkin, the head of Abstergo who we haven't see since AC1 but will likely see in the future.. is voiced an mo capped by Yves? LOL

Also, guys, do not be putting the rumors about London being a location in Unity to rest!

Hans684
03-21-2014, 10:43 PM
What if Alan Rikkin, the head of Abstergo who we haven't see since AC1 but will likely see in the future.. is voiced an mo capped by Yves? LOL

I actually like this idea, the [most likely] first game with a game company's CEO in it. Talk about being unique and ambitious.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 10:46 PM
I actually like this idea, the [most likely] first game with a game company's CEO in it. Talk about being unique and ambitious.

Ehh.. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of "confirming that Yves is basically a Templar"

Hans684
03-21-2014, 10:49 PM
Ehh.. I was thinking it would be more along the lines of "confirming that Yves is basically a Templar"

As expected.

JarekKorczynski
03-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Atlantic Comet makes sense even if from the perpestive of being able to reuse entire naval thing thye built for AC3 & AC4 at least one more time, 'cause it's pretty safe to assume it ain't gonna happen in Unity

May be true, but not necessarily. Plenty of occasions to use naval in this setting. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Naval_battles_of_the_French_Revolutionary _Wars

ArabianFrost
03-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Here's an idea. Don't make Comet feel like a cheap, poorly-made cash-in, outsourced to a crappy half-arsed studio. This is not a vita title. Give it the respect it deserves and treat it like an independent major product not just a spin-off.

DavidPage
03-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe just neither Assassin's Creed game this year will have a number but together they comprise "Assassin's Creed V". Kinda like Metal Gear Solid V except Comet isn't a short game like Ground Zeroes (which btw I thoroughly enjoyed). My money is on this: that Comet is set in London (IF Unity doesn't feature London in any form) or it's like that reddit/neoGAF leak said that ACV is actually a story of two individuals: an Assassin and an executioner (or at least that's what the translation said). Maybe Comet is about the Executioner.

I-Like-Pie45
03-21-2014, 11:15 PM
how about some incest

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
On Neogaf:

Who posted this?

If it's true, I don't know what to think, lol. I was ready to keep Black Flag as that safe heaven whenever I wanted to free roam on ships. I don't think 2 AC's using that system as a core is needed :( But anyway, as long as it is cool.

I'm still too curious about the title/codename. I don't care if it makes sense, it will forever sound off to me.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 11:18 PM
I was just thinking what if Unity is centered around Paris and other northern locations while Comet is centered around Marseille.

edit:

Or the island of Corsica, Napoleon's birthplace.

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Everyone has completely forgotten about London it seems, lol.

Here is what I expect: London and Paris are the bigger main cities. Marseille is like forli or San Gimignano. Maybe a few other small locations like your hideout/villa and maybe even Mont Saint Michel, which is the coolest damn place in France. I bet there will be a countryside..but nowhere near as big as the frontier. Perhaps, due to next gen only..all the locations are seamless.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Marseille is the second largest city in France, although I don't know if at the time it was the same.

JarekKorczynski
03-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Everyone has completely forgotten about London it seems, lol.

Assassin's Creed Unity: A Tale of Two Cities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Cities) then? ;)

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Assassin's Creed Unity: A Tale of Two Cities (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_of_Two_Cities) then? ;)

Aye. I find no reason to discard ANYTHING the airplane guy said considering he got everything, from name of game, to description of Arno's outfit, to the design of the assassin symbol logo with the cut in between in, perfectly right.

rprkjj
03-22-2014, 03:12 AM
how about some incest

Joking or not, I laughed so hard at this.

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Joking or not, I laughed so hard at this.

I'd be up for it.:rolleyes:

I mean we already have ConHayth :rolleyes:

rprkjj
03-22-2014, 03:16 AM

I'm all for a dark story, but just no... :nonchalance:

I-Like-Pie45

how about femCon x Hayth :)

that way its only 1/2 wrong biblically speaking :)

RatonhnhakeFan
Maybe just neither Assassin's Creed game this year will have a number but together they comprise "Assassin's Creed V". Kinda like Metal Gear Solid V except Comet isn't a short game like Ground Zeroes (which btw I thoroughly enjoyed). My money is on this: that Comet is set in London (IF Unity doesn't feature London in any form) or it's like that reddit/neoGAF leak said that ACV is actually a story of two individuals: an Assassin and an executioner (or at least that's what the translation said). Maybe Comet is about the Executioner.
It does seem that Ubisoft is aiming for 'eras' now, emcompassing at least 2 large games. AC3/ACL was the first try, could be a standard from now on to have the main and secondary game each year (+ mobile/handheld third game).

But this is just milking to the limits....

JustPlainQuirky
03-22-2014, 03:18 AM
I'm all for a dark story, but just no... :nonchalance:

Game of Thrones did it :rolleyes:

how about femCon x Hayth :)

that way its only 1/2 wrong biblically speaking :)

Even better. Potential for bastard children like in Game of Thrones :cool:

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 03:55 AM
or it's like that reddit/neoGAF leak said that ACV is actually a story of two individuals: an Assassin and an executioner (or at least that's what the translation said). Maybe Comet is about the Executioner.

I highly doubt that I'm thinking that Executioner was a poor translation(probably due to Google translate or some other faulty translator) and it is supposed to translate as Assassin rather than Executioner, and that would most likely refer to the same assassin, best arguement that there is a London aspect is if the translation was referring to two Assassins rather than the same one.

DumbGamerTag94
03-22-2014, 04:06 AM
It does seem that Ubisoft is aiming for 'eras' now, emcompassing at least 2 large games. AC3/ACL was the first try, could be a standard from now on to have the main and secondary game each year (+ mobile/handheld third game).

But this is just milking to the limits....

ACLiberation is hardly a "Large" Game. Its an incredibly short play through time(story wise without 100% completion) and was originally only intended to be on handhelds and therefore not really main stream as everyone who owns a console doesn't necessarily own a vita. So I don't really see that as cramming in two massive stories into an era. It seems it was meant more to complement AC3 like AC2Discovery was meant to complement AC2. However it ended up being more well liked than they thought (that or they weren't getting a good enough investment return for just the vita) so they made the HD version available for Consoles. I think ACL wasn't intended to be as it is now it was even titled Assassins Creed 3: Liberation as if to emphasize the fact that it was a supplement rather than whole stand alone. And I discussed on another thread how AC4 isn't in all truth the same era as AC3 and Liberation. The French Revolution is however along the same theme and time as AC3 and that's why I think we have no number. So I think if there's another game besides Unity it will either follow it in a later period with different culture, tech, clothing, etc. (Like Napoleonic Wars for example) or it could be some other time or setting entirely.

Mr.GoodKall
03-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Where did you hear to look at the stars for the next clue? besides the "comet" thing, if they meant it being the actual game then its deff Egypt. Their whole life was based on space. The Sun god, the giza Pyrimids were build to match the Orions belt... I don't want to start a history lesson here but theres much, much more lol. I really hope its true because ive been dying for a Egypt AC game

I-Like-Pie45
03-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Game of Thrones did it :rolleyes:

Even better. Potential for bastard children like in Game of Thrones :cool:

Yes

Connor will be both mother and sister of her child.

Reminds me of my big sister

souNdwAve89
03-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Where did you hear to look at the stars for the next clue? besides the "comet" thing, if they meant it being the actual game then its deff Egypt. Their whole life was based on space. The Sun god, the giza Pyrimids were build to match the Orions belt... I don't want to start a history lesson here but theres much, much more lol. I really hope its true because ive been dying for a Egypt AC game

The whole look to the stars thing came from the official Assassin's Creed Twitter.

http://coffeeandcornchips.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/ac4_qna_stars.png?w=268

While Freedom Cry's Game Director, Wesley Pincombe, said that the hint is in your face that only hardcore fans will get... Whatever that is...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-22-2014, 07:29 AM
While Freedom Cry's Game Director, Wesley Pincombe, said that the hint is in your face
My face? :O Handsome gay assassin confirmed!!!11

Templar_Az
03-22-2014, 09:15 AM
The hint is in my face? im a brown skinned asian man... Asian Setting AC Comet CONFIRMED!!

Mr.GoodKall
03-22-2014, 04:09 PM
The whole look to the stars thing came from the official Assassin's Creed Twitter.

http://coffeeandcornchips.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/ac4_qna_stars.png?w=268

While Freedom Cry's Game Director, Wesley Pincombe, said that the hint is in your face that only hardcore fans will get... Whatever that is...
Hhmmm... first thing I thought about is the Sphinx.. STARS- Orion's belt- Egypt Pyrimids /, FACE - The Sphinx - EGYPT CONFIRMED

Mr.GoodKall
03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
But seriously, what the hell does "the hint in your face" mean? im a hardcore AC gamer and I have no idea.. Does one of the assassins refer to "the face" in one of the games? Im about to go Sherlock holmes on their ***

Mr.GoodKall
03-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Or maybe its another Pirate game? Since all the AC pages have a picture of Black Flag in the background, its "in our face"

xecqtor
03-24-2014, 12:09 AM
I also tried to find it on the DLC and i think i found it out and i also think both games are 5 together.

it hints france for unity which is revealed. Many french in front of our faces. But thats just a part for unity.
We see many black slaves. I also cant understand what it could do with my theory and the connection btween comet and unity but i know it must be in egypt.
i just read the whole leaks and this thred and all hints. If we take both games as one 5th part, all hints are plausible and legit.

What i just found out is that egypt is impprtant for AC, because of the artefacts.
But the stars hint is the best part. And the oreon thing is that important.
I dont get it why no one of us googled.

Try it out and you will find out why comet has to be set in egypt.

Keywords : comet egypt

You will get two dates
1996 and 28 million/ billion years ago

You may also find the star picture in an article like this german site
Hypatia year 350 alexandria may also be important, lol, no not mathcing dates damn zero again, sry guys

http://m.welt.de/article.do?id=wissenschaft/weltraum/article120746898/Erstmals-Kometen-Teil-auf-der-Erde-gefunden

Edit : now im confused maybe its another hint because of date http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake japan?
we see legit hints for next part, the next part is unity ok, jade raymond is right, but the next after that may be japan. Asian assassins we saw in the ezio retire movie

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 12:35 AM
I think I read somewhere the "look at the stars" was a reference to a famous french quote. I forgot who said it but it was mind boggling.

Dome500
03-24-2014, 12:38 AM
1996 and 28 million/ billion years ago

You are aware that this date is about 200 years after the French Revolution?

@Look at the Starts...

Maybe this:

"The Vichy régime, which dropped the word "republic" in favour of "the French state", maintained the use of the tricolore but Philippe Pétain used a version of the flag defaced with an axe made with a marshal baton and stars as his personal standard. This axe is called the "Francisque" as it refers to the ancient franks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_France

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/Flag_of_Philippe_P%C3%A9tain%2C_Chief_of_State_of_ Vichy_France.svg/800px-Flag_of_Philippe_P%C3%A9tain%2C_Chief_of_State_of_ Vichy_France.svg.png

deskp
03-24-2014, 01:52 AM
maybe you see a COMET , if you look at the sky/stars at night in freedom cry?

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2014, 05:04 AM
Assassin's Creed V: Comet is a stand-alone current-gen exclusive Assassin's Creed game that in a radical departure for the series, shall contain no historical setting - instead, Comet will contain all the modern day gameplay and plot of Assassin's Creed V: Unity

JustPlainQuirky
03-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Assassin's Creed V: Comet is a stand-alone current-gen exclusive Assassin's Creed game that in a radical departure for the series, shall contain no historical setting - instead, Comet will contain all the modern day gameplay and plot of Assassin's Creed V: Unity

......WAT........

u just speculating...?

Dome500
03-25-2014, 03:54 AM
......WAT........

u just speculating...?

Yes, I assume he is, but hat would be AWESOME :cool:

ze_topazio
03-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Unity and Comet could both be the same game with different code name, they did the same with Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Maybe the leaked screenshots come from the PS360 versions.

Wiki :

"There are actually two separate versions of Double Agent. One version (Generation Seven version) was made

by Ubisoft Shanghai, who developed Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and was released on the

Xbox 360, Windows, and PlayStation 3. The other version (Generation Six version) was made by Ubisoft

Montreal (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) and was released for

the Xbox, PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii. The version for mobile phones was developed

by Gameloft. The Generation Seven version features a completely custom engine while the Generation Six

version plays more like the classic Splinter Cell games. The games share the same general plot but feature

different storylines, plot twists, and levels. Even the levels they share have completely different level

designs. They do however, share the same background music, a few cut scenes and all voice actors."

The good old days of the late 128 bits generation/early HD generation, when crossgen meant two different games made by two different teams and not the same game with different textures for each version.