PDA

View Full Version : IDEAS for Gameplay Features That Could Possibly Improve the Experience

Synchrossassin
03-20-2014, 05:55 AM
So I started this topic for people who have Gameplay ideas that could possibilymake an AC game better, or more player-friendly. Sorry if there is already a topic like this, I looked and didn't see one..so this is not for game story ideas or eras, settings, etc just things that would really make things more immersive/player-friendly.

For an example, one that is very requested is different buttons for different actions; like in most or all AC games thus far, the B or Circle button (I believe that's the one for the PS) when NOT in combat cases is used for: dropping a picked up weapon, swapping weapons, picking up bodies so you can drop them off elsewhere, looting, interacting with objects such as doors & chests, people, igniting powder kegs, etc. and this is VERY VERY ANNOYING for Nearly All AC players. So a simple suggestion would be to make the B/Circle Button for picking up/swapping weapons, while another button is used for picking up bodies/interacting with objects...would be GREATLY appreciated hahaha So..

*************************GUIDELINES*************** ****************

I don't want to be demanding but it would be frickin awesome if, before you explain your gameplay suggestion/idea, you set what state the player is in, like say: *IN Combat* or *during combat* or like *when OUT of Combat* or *when incognito* or *when being Chased* or if it's a CONTEXT-sensitive action put *CONTEXT Special* you get what I mean; this is NOT a requirement of course but it DOES help in explaining WHAT situation and WHEN your idea would be used in and MORE PEOPLE will understand what you're getting at, even id you're not the greatest at explaining specifics..

I Hope you took the time to read all that and IF you did, Thank You Very Much :D

**-----Synchrossassin-----**

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
I would like more input while doing parkour. So for instance, when dropping from a large height, it'd be cool to have to press and hold the B button to do a roll instead of the game doing automatically. It doesn't need to be too difficult, but it'd make you feel like you're doing it if only just a little more.

For climbing, I'd like the leap and grab move from AC2, ACB, and ACR to return but altered. So, the move is still techically in AC3 and AC4 only the game automatically does it. Now, the Ezio trilogy kind of made it too clunky. You had to press one button to leap and then press another to grab. While I don't mind that, I can see why some did. My suggestion is to just have us do the leap up to the next ledge and then the Assassin would grab the ledge automatically. It's automatic enough to keep the fluidity but has more input from us than AC3/4 so it feels more like we're controlling the character.

The world also needs to have more to do in it. More random and dynamic world events to take part in: muggings where you can chase down the mugger and return the money to the civilian or store owner, stop a group of thugs from beating/killing a civilian, chase down thieves who rob you, rush an injured civilian to the nearest doctor, etc. Red Dead Redemption had these kinds of things which really lets the game stay playable even after beating the story and all the side missions because you know that they will always be something to do. I think it'd be cool if there were/..let's say 20-25 Assassination Contracts with a named target and a small little story associated with it just as there's been in AC for awhile. But rather than have the Assassination Contracts end after the 20th or 25th or whatever... do what Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood did which is to allow an infinite number of assassinations to be carried out. You go to a pigeon coup after beating the MAIN contracts and you can replay a specific one OR get a randomized one where it generates a random target and a random area where the target is located. That random area will also be turned into a Restricted Area for the duration of the contract. Stuff like that would be great. As it is... many of the AC's lose their playability after beating the stories and side missions with nothing much left to do other than attacking guards and starting fights.

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Also like Skyrim, they should have random events (I know, I know.. :rolleyes:) where some guards are chasing other criminals. I always wondered why I was the only scumbag in the whole wide city who caught the guard's attention.

BK-110
03-20-2014, 10:39 AM
I'd like much of the combat to go back to how it was in AC1.

- Timed sword attacks
- The slow, heavy swing that can open the enemy's defense or kill them if they don't defend
- Both the player and enemies should be able to throw and counter throws
- Changing to the hidden blade mid battle to take down distracted enemies

I would completely remove kill streaks but include the counter options of AC3. I Would also change guarding and countering. Guarding would require a well-timed press of the R1 button, while countering would take a well-timed press of both the R1 and square or circle buttons.

Synchrossassin
07-26-2014, 02:59 AM
I would like more input while doing parkour. So for instance, when dropping from a large height, it'd be cool to have to press and hold the B button to do a roll instead of the game doing automatically. It doesn't need to be too difficult, but it'd make you feel like you're doing it if only just a little more.

For climbing, I'd like the leap and grab move from AC2, ACB, and ACR to return but altered. So, the move is still techically in AC3 and AC4 only the game automatically does it. Now, the Ezio trilogy kind of made it too clunky. You had to press one button to leap and then press another to grab. While I don't mind that, I can see why some did. My suggestion is to just have us do the leap up to the next ledge and then the Assassin would grab the ledge automatically. It's automatic enough to keep the fluidity but has more input from us than AC3/4 so it feels more like we're controlling the character.

The world also needs to have more to do in it. More random and dynamic world events to take part in: muggings where you can chase down the mugger and return the money to the civilian or store owner, stop a group of thugs from beating/killing a civilian, chase down thieves who rob you, rush an injured civilian to the nearest doctor, etc. Red Dead Redemption had these kinds of things which really lets the game stay playable even after beating the story and all the side missions because you know that they will always be something to do. I think it'd be cool if there were/..let's say 20-25 Assassination Contracts with a named target and a small little story associated with it just as there's been in AC for awhile. But rather than have the Assassination Contracts end after the 20th or 25th or whatever... do what Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood did which is to allow an infinite number of assassinations to be carried out. You go to a pigeon coup after beating the MAIN contracts and you can replay a specific one OR get a randomized one where it generates a random target and a random area where the target is located. That random area will also be turned into a Restricted Area for the duration of the contract. Stuff like that would be great. As it is... many of the AC's lose their playability after beating the stories and side missions with nothing much left to do other than attacking guards and starting fights.

My God Sir..you like Predicted AC Unity!! Great ideas!! and if you have been up to date with Unity news and info you'll see just how spot-on you were Haha :)