PDA

View Full Version : We all know they chose another european setting so they could reuse assets.

rupok2
03-20-2014, 03:47 AM
just admit that this yearly cycle of milking is forcing them to choose settings where they can reuse assets of the game and do minimal research. Literally any settings besides another european one would have gotten me back to a series that I used to love so much. Japan, china, Mongolian empire, greece, egypt, africa, india nope another freaking european setting. I know many of you will get on my case but I am not even remotely excited for this game, alot of you loved black flag but it was everything wrong with the series for me and I expect it to get worse. The devs say japan and china are too cliche yet they did a pirate game with ac4, yup nothing to do with the fact that you would have to completely change the weapon types, design characters with completely different cultures, and model different architectures. Furthermore they have 2 ac games coming out this year, talk about milking a cow that's already dry.I guess its useless to keep my hopes up for this series anymore but I used to love it so much that I can't help it.

Radman500
03-20-2014, 03:53 AM
or maybe Ubisoft isn't one for political correctness, and wanted to do another European setting.... cause well they wanted to

Layytez
03-20-2014, 04:05 AM
Oh boy lol. I do agree on the european setting though, i'm sick of it.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 04:13 AM
alot of you loved black flag but it was everything wrong with the series for me

I guess I can't even say anything because of this. AC4 is easily the best in the franchise IMO... And an urban French setting is nothing like it. So I don't even know which assets you're referring to reusing?

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 06:10 AM
Its like an angry teacher telling his students: A lot of you like hanging with your friends and not do your homework, but I'm telling you it will ruin your life!

souNdwAve89
03-20-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm not that sick of the European setting yet, but I really do hope the next game in 2015 or so is in Asia or South America.

Dev_Anj
03-20-2014, 06:38 AM
French, Italian and Colonial American architecture are different. Also none of the screenshots show resources taken from the Europe centric games like Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and somewhat Assassin's Creed 3.

You're getting a one star rating from me. Good job! :p

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-20-2014, 07:05 AM
or maybe Ubisoft isn't one for political correctness, and wanted to do another European setting.... cause well they wanted to

Oh, you...

French, Italian and Colonial American architecture are different. Also none of the screenshots show resources taken from the Europe centric games like Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and somewhat Assassin's Creed 3.

Actually. There are quite a bit of similarities between Italian and French architecture.

ITALIAN
http://www.i0cg.com/orvieto_1.jpg

FRENCH
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Notre_Dame_dalla_Senna_crop.jpg

Note the round arches with triangular tops to them, pointed towers, circular designs on the sides being almost IDENTICAL in style to one another...

But you're right about Colonial American architecture being pretty different,. It also sucked for parkour soooo....

souNdwAve89
03-20-2014, 07:21 AM

I think the OP also meant that they can reuse assets for future games too. I do agree with OP about some of Ubisoft employees saying feudal Japan and other time periods are too cliche since they're on a tighter schedule, they don't not have to worry about designing new architecture, character models, etc. I mean, there's always a possibility that they are working on one, of course.

Templar_Az
03-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Yeah they said that AC: IV took like 2 years to make? if thats the case they should make a game set in africa or asia and start work on it like RIGHT now so they have time to build new architecture, weapons etc...

anyways I dont mind this game being set in France as long its got a better and faster moving story than the last game (cuz in Black Flag we didnt find out much especiallly in the modern story)

French people are probably getting too excited over this leak xd

Rugterwyper32
03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Oh boy, Bob. You've gone and done it. You've geared me up. My room is pretty much hell on earth right now and I can't seem to sleep, so it's time. Yes, they do have similarities, but obvious differences, and I'll make clear what other differences will come up considering we're talking Gothic right now and we'll go through Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassic.
So here we are, working with the Orvieto Cathedral and Notre Dame of Paris, both Gothic cathedrals, and both pretty good representatives of the local flavor of Gothic. Yes, it has similarities that you pointed out, but the local flavor for each is also very different, and a simple side view should do the trick to show the differences, that is not taking into account the facade of the Orvieto Cathedral which, man, that's a damn work of art right there. Impressive stuff. Anyway, side views:

http://www.arttrav.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/orvieto_cathedral_side.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lTKnCRdyHHk/TpNbOsEePCI/AAAAAAAAAE8/h_-Tq0YDqeE/s1600/DSC00272.JPG

Of course, we also have to remember the Orvieto Cathedral started as a Romanesque building, so it also lacks some key elements seen in the Gothic style (Flying buttress, for instance). The facades are clearly very different in terms of design, and so on. But of course, we won't see a game focusing just on Gothic architecture, will we? Obviously, we'll see Renaissance architecture, which will be fun as we're familiar with AC2. But here's the thing: While the Renaissance style was quite something in Italy, as we all know, in France it represented itself in multiple chateaux. So, what's the best comparison, you wonder? Well, we have a Palazzo we saw very clearly thanks to Bonfire of the Vanities, Palazzo Pitti, and a french palace inspired by it, Palais Luxembourg, which we'd undoubtedly get to see. Of course, thing is that Palais Luxembourg falls into the early Baroque, seeing how there's pretty minimal French Renaissance stuff. So, without further ado, here it is, I think it shouldn't be hard to spot the differences:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Palazzo_Pitti_Gartenfassade_Florenz.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Palais_Luxembourg_Sunset_Edit.JPG

I think it's becoming a bit clearer. And now we move to the Baroque times. Now, while Versailles is by all means the quintessential French Baroque work, so that one's a given. Now, the tables are turned, as Versailles influenced multiple palaces around Europe, so rather than French adapting a style to a more local flavor, the Italians do, in this case seen with the Hunting Residence of Stupingi. And here we see that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Palazzina_di_caccia_di_Stupinigi1.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Versailles_Palace.jpg

And finally, we head to neoclassicism. Going back to the ancient Greek and Roman ideal, thinking more about simplicity and elegance, this is where we could see more similarities in the end between both simply because of that. For Italy we have San Francesco di Paola, for France we have the Pantheon of Paris.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Napoli_piazza_plebiscito.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Pantheon_P1190526.jpg

Both similar, yet different enough. And if you look at more architecture from both overall, you'll notice a nice amount of variety. We stayed in the Renaissance with Italy, we'll have a lot of Baroque and some nice Neoclassic buildings to give it a much different taste from what we had in Italy, and there'll be a pretty nice amount of stuff to impress us.
I don't even know if I wanted to make a point with this post, I'm just really tired but I can't sleep and that's driving me up a wall.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-20-2014, 09:21 AM
See but that's the thing. Sure there are differences. But to say they're completely dissimilar or imply they're drastically different is wrong IMO.

If you try and compare either Italian OR French to Chinese or Japanese... they're vastly different. The same can be said between different Asian architecture but they have numerous similarities that cause them to be grouped together far easier than with a French designed building. I'm not saying they're identical because they're not. Just that I've had it with Euro architecture for awhile. That's all.

Farlander1991
03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Here's the thing, though, they can't reuse assets. Which assets are they going to reuse? AC2 ones? Those were built with a very different climbing system in mind (with different way they handled metrics), not to mention that the texture quality would be far lower.

It's absolutely possible that AC2 assets could be used as early placeholders, but they're definitely not going to be there in the final version.

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Here's the thing, though, they can't reuse assets. Which assets are they going to reuse? AC2 ones? Those were built with a very different climbing system in mind (with different way they handled metrics), not to mention that the texture quality would be far lower.

It's absolutely possible that AC2 assets could be used as early placeholders, but they're definitely not going to be there in the final version.

Pretty much this.

How will they be reusing assets? If there's such an asset I'm sure would be reused in a non-European setting, too, regardless of architecture.
Also, even if they were reusing assets, it's a company, and it's acting like any company would do.

For me Chinese architecture is not THAT vastly different (other than the roof edges...). It's not like it's alien architecture from another planet. lol

http://www.chinancient.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Yueyang-Tower-300x225.jpg

RinoTheBouncer
03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I totally agree with the original post. Iím not sad but Iím also not very happy about Paris. I mean everything related to Europe or America from 1500 to 1900 has been done a billion times in all types of art, including films, video games, paintings, cartoons, literally everything. I know Japan was done too but itís not bad after all, and whatís wrong with ancient Iraq? China? Russia?

Moderators and Darby himself along with the other devs have said that they develop games way earlier, yet when I asked Darby, personally on acinitiates.com about why modern day has been reduced, he said they did that due to time and resources constraints. Talk about contradictions... Itís obvious that time isnít enough. If the game requires 4 years of development then it should get that much time. Look at Metal Gear Solid, for Godís sake. Thereís a new game every millennia yet itís always damn sure worth the wait and gets a 10/10.

Dome500
03-20-2014, 02:19 PM
I think that might have been one of the reasons. But seriously, the problem here is that those settings are planned way ahead. AC5(Unity) is probably in development since 2012.

I actually think, besides the obvious re-using of resources, they though about it that way:

"AC3 was Colonial America (rather mild climate, American continent, lots of nature, rather small and low populated cities), AC4 was the Caribbean Sea (tropical climate, American Continent, lots of Sea and nature, small towns and cities, not much population). AC5 would fit best if we brought back more European architecture (after all climbing buildings is a trademark of the series), a mild climate, lots of urban environments with a little bit nature (fits France in the 17th/18th century), high population, and it's one of histories most interesting times (if it's French Rev.). Also, we are a French company, so we'll have to do this setting sooner or later".

I agree that the recycling of resources was probably also a reason, ESPECIALLY since they still have to do at least one cross-gen title this year, and even if this one is not cross-gen they will not be able to use the full capacity of next-gen yet.

But on the other hand AC4 had a lot of elements and resources that could also be re-used for a more exotic setting.

I just think they planned this years ahead, if there comes a change then it is difficult to actually adapt to it. In theory, would they plan to release a game and everyone would hate the location, they actually couldn't do much to stop it, because they were already more than half way through development when people even start to get exposed with material from that game and can express their opinion/anger/disappointment.

So there is hoping after a more traditional setting (like France for example), that Ubisoft will go further in the past and more exotic again next time around...

anyways I dont mind this game being set in France as long its got a better and faster moving story than the last game (cuz in Black Flag we didnt find out much especiallly in the modern story

Let me add:

A "must have" for me, almost a requirement for me to even buy the game, is constant improvement of the Stealth mechanics and the A.I.s investigation phase.

Let me tell you, I just recently replayed AC3, and it was a CHORE for me as a Stealth enthusiast to actually get through the game, because the A.I. was so inconsistent in it's detection system (I kill 2 guys on the rooftop, shortly in fight with 1 of them (2 - 3 seconds) and then suddenly 12 soldiers come running from down the street attacking me although they were NOT in my line of sight and shouldn't have heard anything either (too far away)) and because there were as good as no possibilities to distract, lure or stun guards efficiently. The only stealth tools you actually had were the hidden blades, your whistle (which did only work from corners and haystacks, NOT from stalking zones) and your smoke bombs. The bow, which is about the most badass stealth kill weapon you could have was totally broken, alarming everyone nearby if you shot someone, even if the guy was neither in YOUR line of sight nor in the LoS of the enemy you just killed. Well, anyway, completely broken like I said.

Playing AC4 in comparison with AC3 it was SO MUCH BETTER. But of course still not a very good Stealth system. Detection should go faster (the bar should fill faster), enemies should investigate better if they shortly saw you (and not just raise their shoulders and turn around again) and time of day (day/night) should play a role (not shadows mind you, that would be too sophisticated, but how about a smaller range of view for enemies at night?) We also need more distraction tools (like the firecrackers in Freedom Cry), we absolutely need the aiming for the smoke bomb back, and we need more possibilities to kill or K.O. enemies undetected or to stun them (like smoke bomb) and then take them out. Also, a manual crouch button and an ability to go into cover would really help.

Assassins Creed 4 did a GREAT job in bringing the Stealth mechanics in this series (where Stealth should actually be always a viable option) forward, and I thank the developers for that. But it would be a SHAME, if they would give up on that right now or leave it as it is, considering they started to have so much progress from AC3 to AC4, and they are only half-way done with a proper Stealth system.

Don't get me wrong, (almost) no one wants combat to be punishing and not a viable option. Assassins Creed is not pure Stealth Game, that's for sure. But I think a lot of people would love to have a really good Stealth system for the series to be established, so we are really able to sneak around and know the rules of the Stealth mechanics and detection, so A.I. is plausible (not too stupid and forgetful, but also not too hypersensitive and super-human smart) and you have your tools and abilities to actually lure, distract, stun, K.O. and Kill enemies.

I just want this to be developed further. I know the old games did not have THAT sophisticated stealth. But at least, in AC 1 - ACR and AC4 I was able to actually feel like a badass Assassin hiding on the rooftops or in the masses (blade in the crowd) and making a Stealth kill just to get away without anyone realizing what I did until I was long gone. AC3 really broke that Assassin fantasy for me, for me Connor will always be the "Warrior Assassin", because I am in combat way more often with him than I am with Ezio or Altair or Edward. I think that is indeed on of the things that bothered me the MOST in AC3 and made it a chore to play for me personally.

Moderators and Darby himself along with the other devs have said that they develop games way earlier, yet when I asked Darby, personally on acinitiates.com about why modern day has been reduced, he said they did that due to time and resources constraints. Talk about contradictions... It’s obvious that time isn’t enough. If the game requires 4 years of development then it should get that much time. Look at Metal Gear Solid, for God’s sake. There’s a new game every millennia yet it’s always damn sure worth the wait and gets a 10/10.

I agree, partially.

Hell people, I do not mind the annual cycle. The problem is that every game is handled the same. If they would release a game every year, or every 1,5 years but all 3 - 4 years release a BIG game with BIG changes and an important setting, a lot of modern day progression, etc. I would not mind.
Seriously. But that's not their plan. I mean, yes, they changed things for the better with AC4. A bunch of things actually. Problem is, the games are developed 3 at a time which means that feedback can only be applied on the game that is released in 3 years. And even then they have to sort out stuff because of time constrains. If they would plan a big series overhaul every 2 - 3 games where they really sit down and say "okay, now we fix a lot of stuff which have been a problem or don't work anymore, but It'll be released a little bit later then (3 - 6 months later than "normally"), THAT would be a good plan. But so far, I don't see a strategy like this. Every year a new game is released, every year 2 - 3 minor and maybe 1 major problem are fixed, and every year a few problems are added.

It's just, I don't know, why don't they say "okay let's add 6 months if we need them"- It's not like 6 months release delay would make THAT much of a difference, especially since the franchise has so many games already, and if the quality is improved that way...

DumbGamerTag94
03-20-2014, 02:57 PM
just admit that this yearly cycle of milking is forcing them to choose settings where they can reuse assets of the game and do minimal research. Literally any settings besides another european one would have gotten me back to a series that I used to love so much. Japan, china, Mongolian empire, greece, egypt, africa, india nope another freaking european setting. I know many of you will get on my case but I am not even remotely excited for this game, alot of you loved black flag but it was everything wrong with the series for me and I expect it to get worse. The devs say japan and china are too cliche yet they did a pirate game with ac4, yup nothing to do with the fact that you would have to completely change the weapon types, design characters with completely different cultures, and model different architectures. Furthermore they have 2 ac games coming out this year, talk about milking a cow that's already dry.I guess its useless to keep my hopes up for this series anymore but I used to love it so much that I can't help it.

Simple solution to this. If you don't like it don't play it. It seems you don't like AC per say as much as it's settings. So it may just not be a series for you

luckyto
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Speaking of re-using assets, do you think the second game or the last-gen release will be set in London or a place/time similar to Paris?

TorQue1988
03-20-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm glad they chose France. Assassin's Creed 2 had the best architecture, but France is just as great. AC3 and Black Flag were very lacking in that department, and an asian setting wouldn't work for an AC game, in my opinion.
So yeah, i'm very happy with the decision and i don't care what their reasons were.

Sushiglutton
03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Bo-hooo!

French Revolution is one of the most requested eras (from what I have seen) and for very good reasons. It was the culmination of the Enlightenment and one of the most important single events in history. French thinkers like Voltaire, Montesquieu and Rousseau laid the intellectual foundation for the events that would change Europe forever. It was a violent transition from the old feudal society to a more modern republic which rippled through Europe (for example our own Swedish king was murdered just three years after). The revolution eventually led to Napoleon seizing power and launching a war across the continent.

It's a very fascinating era that I'm very much looking forward to learn more about :)!

I actually read A Tale Of Two Cities a month ago or so, very fortunate. I also recomend the Scarlet Pimpernel books. Very entertaining adventure books set in the revolution.

D.I.D.
03-20-2014, 06:02 PM
There have been seven titles for the main consoles (eight if you include Freedom Cry now that it's available as a standalone version). Of those, only two were in western European locations, and both of them were in Italy.

They could swerve to Africa, India or China in the next three games after Unity, and that would be great, but if those three games were all in western Europe, they'd still be doing pretty well. Who else is setting games in Haiti, Syria, and Turkey?

Aphex_Tim
03-20-2014, 06:15 PM
I read a facebook comment somewhere today about how "having another European setting shows Ubisoft is just lazy".
Because we all know creating an entirely new game set somewhere in Europe is a lot easier than creating an entirely new game set anywhere else in the world.
Honestly, I'm starting to hate how much the word "lazy" is being thrown around.

lothario-da-be
03-20-2014, 06:19 PM
I read a facebook comment somewhere today about how "having another European setting shows Ubisoft is just lazy".
Because we all know creating an entirely new game set somewhere in Europe is a lot easier than creating an entirely new game set anywhere else in the world.
This, people don't have enough respect for game devs.

dxsxhxcx
03-20-2014, 06:23 PM

signs of franchise fatigue.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 06:26 PM

This x2.

MnemonicSyntax
03-20-2014, 06:29 PM

Absolutely agreed

This, people don't have enough respect for game devs.

Another truth

Signs of people who don't know any better, more likely.

This x2.

This x4.

luckyto
03-20-2014, 06:45 PM

Exactly.

And that's why another Revolution for Democracy, in more European History, post 1700... is just plain bad timing. Hell, I love these games, but I don't see how this game is able to overcome the fatigue sentiment given the time/setting.

Aphex_Tim
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Time will tell. But for now I think it's too early to judge. Ubi might surprise us all the same.

D.I.D.
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Exactly.

And that's why another Revolution for Democracy, in more European History, post 1700... is just plain bad timing. Hell, I love these games, but I don't see how this game is able to overcome the fatigue sentiment given the time/setting.

Pretty simple, I think. Revelations had the most surprising of settings, but the game was terrible. AC3 was pretty, but the game was humdrum. Black Flag was great, not because of its setting, but because the amount of thought put into its missions was higher than any AC since Brotherhood. There's plenty more that can be done to improve on what BF got right.

All in all, AC as a series has set the bar pretty low. All the designers have to do is make the missions exhilarating and full of tension, and not rely on any location protecting the game from being dull.

luckyto
03-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Pretty simple, I think. Revelations had the most surprising of settings, but the game was terrible. AC3 was pretty, but the game was humdrum. Black Flag was great, not because of its setting, but because the amount of thought put into its missions was higher than any AC since Brotherhood. There's plenty more that can be done to improve on what BF got right.

All in all, AC as a series has set the bar pretty low. All the designers have to do is make the missions exhilarating and full of tension, and not rely on any location protecting the game from being dull.

Setting was ACR's only saving grace --- plus it's absolutely superb city design. But it was Ezio three <- Burnout. More guns <- Burnout.

AC3's cities weren't pretty. It was pretty boring in terms of environments. Critics are still criticizing Colonial America as boring and drab... and only a few of us raised that concern when it was first announced. *cough cough*

Ultimately, I care more about revamped AI and fine-tuning the combat; but if people aren't excited about Paris --- I think it has nothing to do with Paris. Because Victorian Paris could be awesome. I think it has everything to do with needing some change in cultures for the series. And time periods. I can't fault them.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 08:05 PM
That's what Brotherhood and Black Flag were made for. But Paris/London setting will require largely new assets to be created

RinoTheBouncer
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I think that might have been one of the reasons. But seriously, the problem here is that those settings are planned way ahead. AC5(Unity) is probably in development since 2012.

I actually think, besides the obvious re-using of resources, they though about it that way:

"AC3 was Colonial America (rather mild climate, American continent, lots of nature, rather small and low populated cities), AC4 was the Caribbean Sea (tropical climate, American Continent, lots of Sea and nature, small towns and cities, not much population). AC5 would fit best if we brought back more European architecture (after all climbing buildings is a trademark of the series), a mild climate, lots of urban environments with a little bit nature (fits France in the 17th/18th century), high population, and it's one of histories most interesting times (if it's French Rev.). Also, we are a French company, so we'll have to do this setting sooner or later".

I agree that the recycling of resources was probably also a reason, ESPECIALLY since they still have to do at least one cross-gen title this year, and even if this one is not cross-gen they will not be able to use the full capacity of next-gen yet.

But on the other hand AC4 had a lot of elements and resources that could also be re-used for a more exotic setting.

I just think they planned this years ahead, if there comes a change then it is difficult to actually adapt to it. In theory, would they plan to release a game and everyone would hate the location, they actually couldn't do much to stop it, because they were already more than half way through development when people even start to get exposed with material from that game and can express their opinion/anger/disappointment.

So there is hoping after a more traditional setting (like France for example), that Ubisoft will go further in the past and more exotic again next time around...

Let me add:

A "must have" for me, almost a requirement for me to even buy the game, is constant improvement of the Stealth mechanics and the A.I.s investigation phase.

Let me tell you, I just recently replayed AC3, and it was a CHORE for me as a Stealth enthusiast to actually get through the game, because the A.I. was so inconsistent in it's detection system (I kill 2 guys on the rooftop, shortly in fight with 1 of them (2 - 3 seconds) and then suddenly 12 soldiers come running from down the street attacking me although they were NOT in my line of sight and shouldn't have heard anything either (too far away)) and because there were as good as no possibilities to distract, lure or stun guards efficiently. The only stealth tools you actually had were the hidden blades, your whistle (which did only work from corners and haystacks, NOT from stalking zones) and your smoke bombs. The bow, which is about the most badass stealth kill weapon you could have was totally broken, alarming everyone nearby if you shot someone, even if the guy was neither in YOUR line of sight nor in the LoS of the enemy you just killed. Well, anyway, completely broken like I said.

Playing AC4 in comparison with AC3 it was SO MUCH BETTER. But of course still not a very good Stealth system. Detection should go faster (the bar should fill faster), enemies should investigate better if they shortly saw you (and not just raise their shoulders and turn around again) and time of day (day/night) should play a role (not shadows mind you, that would be too sophisticated, but how about a smaller range of view for enemies at night?) We also need more distraction tools (like the firecrackers in Freedom Cry), we absolutely need the aiming for the smoke bomb back, and we need more possibilities to kill or K.O. enemies undetected or to stun them (like smoke bomb) and then take them out. Also, a manual crouch button and an ability to go into cover would really help.

Assassins Creed 4 did a GREAT job in bringing the Stealth mechanics in this series (where Stealth should actually be always a viable option) forward, and I thank the developers for that. But it would be a SHAME, if they would give up on that right now or leave it as it is, considering they started to have so much progress from AC3 to AC4, and they are only half-way done with a proper Stealth system.

Don't get me wrong, (almost) no one wants combat to be punishing and not a viable option. Assassins Creed is not pure Stealth Game, that's for sure. But I think a lot of people would love to have a really good Stealth system for the series to be established, so we are really able to sneak around and know the rules of the Stealth mechanics and detection, so A.I. is plausible (not too stupid and forgetful, but also not too hypersensitive and super-human smart) and you have your tools and abilities to actually lure, distract, stun, K.O. and Kill enemies.

I just want this to be developed further. I know the old games did not have THAT sophisticated stealth. But at least, in AC 1 - ACR and AC4 I was able to actually feel like a badass Assassin hiding on the rooftops or in the masses (blade in the crowd) and making a Stealth kill just to get away without anyone realizing what I did until I was long gone. AC3 really broke that Assassin fantasy for me, for me Connor will always be the "Warrior Assassin", because I am in combat way more often with him than I am with Ezio or Altair or Edward. I think that is indeed on of the things that bothered me the MOST in AC3 and made it a chore to play for me personally.

I agree, partially.

Hell people, I do not mind the annual cycle. The problem is that every game is handled the same. If they would release a game every year, or every 1,5 years but all 3 - 4 years release a BIG game with BIG changes and an important setting, a lot of modern day progression, etc. I would not mind.
Seriously. But that's not their plan. I mean, yes, they changed things for the better with AC4. A bunch of things actually. Problem is, the games are developed 3 at a time which means that feedback can only be applied on the game that is released in 3 years. And even then they have to sort out stuff because of time constrains. If they would plan a big series overhaul every 2 - 3 games where they really sit down and say "okay, now we fix a lot of stuff which have been a problem or don't work anymore, but It'll be released a little bit later then (3 - 6 months later than "normally"), THAT would be a good plan. But so far, I don't see a strategy like this. Every year a new game is released, every year 2 - 3 minor and maybe 1 major problem are fixed, and every year a few problems are added.

It's just, I don't know, why don't they say "okay let's add 6 months if we need them"- It's not like 6 months release delay would make THAT much of a difference, especially since the franchise has so many games already, and if the quality is improved that way...

I completely agree with what you said, especially about ACIII. I mean donít get me wrong, I loved the story and my only problem was the ending. However, the gameplay wasnít much. The detection on rooftops, the stealth, it all felt broken. Itís like I canít kill one soldier without having an army running after me whether they saw me or not. I donít presume they have walkie talkies in that time to alert one another.

I agree with making Day/Night cycle affect the gameplay as well as outfits, not just a cosmetic thing. Having a short line of sight for enemies in night times is a logical thing to do and vice versa. Enemies felt either too hypersensitive or too stupid at times. That, I did not like.

I donít mind the annual releases as long as they bring us a quality product. For example ACII, ACB, ACR and ACIII all had a one year gap between them but story-wise, they felt complete and interesting (except for ACIII ending). They made modern day amazing in AC:B and ACIII, hell, even the short moments of ACII and the nice intro as well as the FPS Desmondís Journey of AC:R were more fun than what ACIV had to offer.

Solving puzzles on a computers to unlock old Abstergo files? seriously? whatís next? play PacMan to reveal Erudito location? I mean Iíve been a fan since day one, first game and Iíve neither complained about release time frame nor characters but now I feel like the franchise is losing itís touch. Like story is the last thing that matters to them. Itís more like, letís throw in some cool location in some well-known time period that a thousand films portrayed, and give them the chance to free roam and kill citizens and call it an AC game.

Itís like the franchise was so daring before. First game setting it in the Middle East, interfering with religion (in many moments), ACII and AC:B messed with the Vatican and the Pope and all, but what about now? I mean theyíre not taking any risks anymore and nothing feels original. I love the franchise, thatís why Iím saying this...