PDA

View Full Version : lets talk Arno

Radman500
03-19-2014, 10:51 PM
what do you think his personality will be?

do you think he is half-african, half-middle eastern (algerian?) or is he frenchman

do you think he will be calm, collected, like altair or sort of brash like ezio...

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-19-2014, 11:17 PM
I hope he's a pragmatic sociopath.

frodrigues55
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I think he is white and very breeze. Like this:

http://www.colombo.com.br/produtos/123495/123495_Alivio_Arno_0_g.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 11:19 PM
Likely isn't Arno..thats kind stupid. Not french. Likely misheard.

Arnaud is likely what it is, pronounced "Ah-NewAHD"

unless of course my French Pronunciation is off

ze_topazio
03-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Probably it should be spelled Arnaut.

I bet he's going to be a good for nothing who spends the days drinking cheap wine, eating smelly cheese and frequenting dirty brothels.

His fighting style consists of headbutting, Zidane style.

Since he's French the game is going to be pretty short, in the beginning of the first sequence he surrenders and the game ends.

DumbGamerTag94
03-19-2014, 11:37 PM
^ this.......I just about fell out of my chair laughing at this. But in all seriousness I dig the French Rev. theme.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-19-2014, 11:39 PM
White and womanizing :rolleyes:

Radman500
03-19-2014, 11:40 PM

i think he is white....

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I bet he is going to be very very scholarly, with a dry sense of humor.

silvermercy
An aspiring bodybuilder. Arnold Schwarzenegger 's ancestor. That's why he looks slightly leaner at first. He's in the process of transformation.

DumbGamerTag94
I think he may be even more of a womanizer than ezio or maybe that would be too much of a French stereotype...maybe if he is but is presented as more ignorant/sexist than Ezio. Ezio was a womanizer but likable, Arno should be a little more arrogant and maybe even sort of a duche and develops into a more humble person when he loses everything in the Revolution?

adventurewomen
03-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Firstly WHO is Arno?? LOL

I know right, I've seen enough of that from Ezio.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Firstly WHO is Arno?? LOL

I know right, I've seen enough of that from Ezio.

protagonist of Unity

poptartz20
I imagine he would know Savate! which would be awesome! it would add a new depth to the combat system! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate#Early_history

He looks to be pretty petite from some of our other protaganist such as Connor, or Ezio for that matter. Since he is French I imagine him to be very smart and yet a rude charmer. Haha.

mukwag
He's going to be gay. Trust me, my gay-dar is going off.

Radman500
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM
is he upper class, possibly jacobin?

adventurewomen
03-19-2014, 11:57 PM
protagonist of Unity
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. :)

I imagine he would know Savate! which would be awesome! it would add a new depth to the combat system! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate#Early_history

He looks to be pretty petite from some of our other protaganist such as Connor, or Ezio for that matter. Since he is French I imagine him to be very smart and yet a rude charmer. Haha.
He does yeah, he looks smaller than all Assassins we've had. Maybe the final character model will be different? :)

poptartz20
03-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. :)

He does yeah, he looks smaller than all Assassins we've had. Maybe the final character model will be different? :)

You never know really! Then again, I don't think it will be too far off. because if you look at the pic from the ubisoft office they are wearing similar clothes at least!

Radman500
03-20-2014, 12:03 AM
he could be upper class

I-Like-Pie45
03-20-2014, 12:04 AM
he will be a mentally unstable self-righteous sadistic sociopath that enjoys dragging Templars up the tallest buildings in Paris, just so he can laugh at their fright as he kicks them off in the name of the Creed.

he also enjoys listening to Phil Collins, proving that he is the first flat-out evil assassin we are playing as

DumbGamerTag94
03-20-2014, 12:04 AM
is he upper class, possibly jacobin?

I feel an upper class character in a Revolution would bee too similar to Ezio losing everything being raised as a noble. I think this character would make more sense to start as the opposite. desperately poor from birth, knows first hand the suffering of the poor before the revolution, Instills the anti noble thoughts in his head to support the commoners in the Rev, falls in with the assassins by being taken in by a master after parents die of starvation or something. This is really speculating and probably wayyyy wrong but a protagonist like this would be fresh and interesting.

frodrigues55
03-20-2014, 12:06 AM
For some reason I picture him upperclass with a peculiar sense of humor, yet serious. A bit like Revelation's Ezio, but not old.

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
You never know really! Then again, I don't think it will be too far off. because if you look at the pic from the ubisoft office they are wearing similar clothes at least!
Hmm.. you have a point there I agree! :)

I just hope this Arno guy isn't womanizing ike Ezio and (to some extent) Edward, having a womanizing trait is limiting to characters development.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
For some reason I picture him upperclass with a peculiar sense of humor, yet serious. A bit like Revelation's ezio, but not old.

I'm just jumping with excitement :nonchalance:

frodrigues55
03-20-2014, 12:08 AM

Lol sorry :p To be honest, it sounded better in my head

poptartz20
03-20-2014, 12:08 AM
he also enjoys listening to Phil Collins, proving that he is the first flat-out evil assassin we are playing as

Soo... he will be listening to Sussudio and other 80s music. hahah sounds pretty legit.

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Just wanted to say, good to see you back here my friend, missed you! <3 :)

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Hmm.. you have a point there I agree! :)

I just hope this Arno guy isn't womanizing ike Ezio and (to some extent) Edward, having a womanizing trait is limiting to characters development.

Most definitely agreed. But I'm sure they can come up with something different this time :) (I hope...)

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 12:13 AM
he will be a mentally unstable self-righteous sadistic sociopath that enjoys dragging Templars up the tallest buildings in Paris, just so he can laugh at their fright as he kicks them off in the name of the Creed.

And his favourite Genesis song is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccs2rt0oSzQ

Shahkulu101
I hope we're completely off the mark in regards to the name...it's pretty lame in my opinion. Although, I likely would dismiss it if he's an awesome protagonist. I think it's likely he's an upper class, established Assassin by the time the revolution starts. Ubisoft wouldn't be so predictable to have him be a poor, common revolutionary citizen who finds 'hope' or whatever with the Assassin's. I expect him to play both sides - as in the monarchy and revolutionaries. In the name of the order of course. it would be cool to have the Assassin walk the moral grey line between the monarchists and revolutionaries, they were both 'bad' in some aspects I believe but I'm not entirely sure.

I-Like-Pie45
Arno's main enemy will be a Templar named Mister Winkler (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071120010506/uncyclopedia/images/c/c9/Mr_winkler_is_gay.mp3), a nefarious British man who really caused the Great Terror using a giant puppet of Citizen Robespierre (who did not really exist) and staged the executing of the King and Marie Antoinette (who also did not really exist) using other giant puppets as well.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 12:14 AM
But I'm sure they can come up with something different this time :) (I hope...)I'm losing hope lol. I need a big diva lesbian without 1 eye kicking butts flying from Great China Wall in AC7. I'm just falling asleep even thinking about all the tired tropes they're gonna insert into ACUnity assassin for maximum dudebro marketing

I hope we're completely off the mark in regards to the name...it's pretty lame in my opinion. Although, I likely would dismiss it if he's an awesome protagonist. I think it's likely he's an upper class, established Assassin by the time the revolution starts. Ubisoft wouldn't be so predictable to have him be a poor, common revolutionary citizen who finds 'hope' or whatever with the Assassin's. I expect him to play both sides - as in the monarchy and revolutionaries. In the name of the order of course. it would be cool to have the Assassin walk the moral grey line between the monarchists and revolutionaries, they were both 'bad' in some aspects I believe but I'm not entirely sure.
If the Arno name is correct, what's wrong with it lol? I'm not excited for now about the new hero at all but Arno name sounds perfectly fine.

poptartz20
03-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Just wanted to say, good to see you back here my friend, missed you! <3 :)

I was wanting to say the same! Hey RatonhnhakeFan it's been awhile since I've see you on!

But Alex back to what you were saying. I feel the same way! no more Ezio anything. He had it's time. IT'S DONE. lol. But know that leaves me to wonder what kind of background he will have because we have now done Rich Noble, Poor Nothing. So maybe he will be in middle.

I also wonder how the creed will effect his life. Like will he already know about it or will he stumble into it like Eddie.

Shahkulu101
03-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm losing hope lol. I need a big diva lesbian without 1 eye kicking butts flying from Great China Wall in AC7. I'm just falling asleep even thinking about all the tired tropes they're gonna insert into ACUnity assassin for maximum dudebro marketing

If the Arno name is correct, what's wrong with it lol? I'm not excited for now about the new hero at all but Arno name sounds perfectly fine.

Nothing really it just sounds weird to me... a little boring. A silly personal gripe.

Anyway why on Earth are you proclaiming such a thing at this time? We have absolutely nothing to base his character from. I thought Edward was a perfectly original protagonist and before that we had Connor so what makes you think they'll create Dudebro101?

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM
I was wanting to say the same! Hey RatonhnhakeFan it's been awhile since I've see you on!

But Alex back to what you were saying. I feel the same way! no more Ezio anything. He had it's time. IT'S DONE. lol. But know that leaves me to wonder what kind of background he will have because we have now done Rich Noble, Poor Nothing. So maybe he will be in middle.

I also wonder how the creed will effect his life. Like will he already know about it or will he stumble into it like Eddie.
Maybe he will be middle class. (Was there such a thing in France back then though?)

Or they could make him a geek/nerd or maybe a scientist/professor.

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM
I did a little research and it should be Arnaud or Arnauld, that name comes from the German Arnulf or Arnold, which is composed of the Germanic elements arn "eagle" and ulf "wolf".

It can also be used as a surname.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_%28given_name%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnulf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_%28given_name%29

frodrigues55
03-20-2014, 12:22 AM
I don't really know why giving a bit of carefree trait is a problem, though.

First, Edward was not a womanizer at all lol, apart from that first CGI trailer, nothing on the game implies he was. On the contrary, Mary asks him not to tell people he had someone. I think he was pretty much loyal but the game barelly touched on that. His motivations to provide a better life for his family spoke for itselt.

And I sincerely cracked a smile at some of the lines Ezio had, it added a lot to his character. I don't think it worked against him, on the contrary, it gave him personality.

Both him and Edward had some kind of very light hearted humor which made them relatable or someone who seemed to be fun to hang around, despite all of their problems. Lord know AC3 needed a bit of that too *runs away*

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 12:26 AM
I don't like to call Ezio a womaniser because that has a bad connotation, it implies he was tricking, cheating, double dating, maybe even forcing, Ezio never did that, he was pretty honest, all the girls he got were very willing to do it too, I prefer to say he was a ladies man.

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 12:28 AM
Most definitely agreed. But I'm sure they can come up with something different this time :) (I hope...)
Yes I hope so, otherwise I might as well give up AC and get completely involved with Wolfkin Initiative, until we receive the Connor sequel fans and Connor deserve!

Totally AGREED!!

It seems to be a the personality trait AC writers fall back on, and it's limiting most of the potential character development that could occor. Ubisoft should remember not all gamers want to see overt womanzing to the point were it's too much like Ezio running all over the map to sleep with women it was just irritating.

Consus_E
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif
Your are a beautiful human being!

I'm getting a James Kidd vibe from the Assassin... Maybe a woman in disguise?
Looks like the time traveling love child of Haytham and Mary Read IMO. Call me crazy...

Also the Assassin insignia next to the map reminds me of AC3's HUD so maybe the Apprentices are back?

I-Like-Pie45
Arno will also enjoy finding random girls on the street and then feeling the hairs on their arms not because he has an arm hair fetish but because he enjoys making other people feel uncomfortable

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Well he's French, so the game should properly be called Assassin's Creed: White Flag :p

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Well he's French, so the game should properly be called Assassin's Creed: White Flag :pThat joke's been done a year ago already :p

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 12:49 AM
I did it in the first page.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 12:49 AM

Just wanted to say, good to see you back here my friend, missed you! <3 :)Lol hi gworls ;P But I was posting last week too :p

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 12:51 AM
That joke's been done a year ago already :p

I did it in the first page.

*hangs head in shame*

I didn't even read the thread, just wanted to make the joke before anyone else could. Apparently I failed miserably.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 12:52 AM
*hangs head in shame*

I didn't even read the thread, just wanted to make the joke before anyone else could. Apparently I failed miserably.
Nah, making fun of France never gets old hihi xD

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Lol hi gworls ;P But I was posting last week too :p
I've not been that really active on these forums for the past month :o

It's always nice to see your posts, because I tend to always agree with them. I'm just trying to get used to your avatar right now, hopefully you'll go back to a Connor avatar soon! ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 01:01 AM
I've not been that really active on these forums for the past month :o

It's always nice to see your posts, because I tend to always agree with them. I'm just trying to get used to your avatar right now, hopefully you'll go back to a Connor avatar soon! ;)

I will but I was watching Spartacus and the boys in it are just too cute <3

http://www.fishsticktheatre.com/TV/Spartacus/WaroftheDamned/3x03/3x03/images/Spartacus3x03_0562.jpg

(The entire show is like this lol, I highly recommend, not just for eye-candy but fantastic characters and stories just as much, including some of the most addicting female villains I ever saw on TV)

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 01:05 AM
I will but I was watching Spartacus and the boys in it are just too cute <3

http://www.fishsticktheatre.com/TV/Spartacus/WaroftheDamned/3x03/3x03/images/Spartacus3x03_0562.jpg
Yeah they are!! Guy on the right at that angle reminds me of Connor, it's the hairstyle mostly. ;)

TheHumanTowel
03-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Hey Arno

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Hey Arno

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/thumbs/Hey-Arnold-Season-1-Episode-5--6th-Grade-Girls.jpg

TheHumanTowel
03-20-2014, 01:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/13YrmOD.jpg

itsamea-mario
03-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Why do we think he's called Arno again?

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Why do we think he's called Arno again?

That's what the leaker said, but he wasn't sure about exact spelling/pronounciation:

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103289495#post103289495

ze_topazio
03-20-2014, 01:36 AM

http://oi62.tinypic.com/160pjyo.jpg

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 01:38 AM
The "french division of assassins"? Hm.. does it mean we're going to see more divisions like that in the game (british division... american division...) or am I reading too much into this phrase...

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 01:40 AM
The "french division of assassins"? Hm.. does it mean we're going to see more divisions like that in the game (british division... american division...) or am I reading too much into this phrase...
The leaker obviously has connections but considering some basic stuff he's not total sure "like whether it's Paris AND London or just Paris" suggests he's not THAT close to project. It's possible the PS360 old-gen separate game will get London while next-gen gets Paris

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Hey Arno

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/thumbs/Hey-Arnold-Season-1-Episode-5--6th-Grade-Girls.jpg
Haha!! Yeah! :D

Consus_E
03-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Kinda hoping he's the AC equivalent to Robert Downy Jr. then I would have a new favorite Assassin (sorry Altiar)
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/ab/a3/0caba3eee744d31180667cb81389b8b8.jpg
Seriously though I think it would be cool to have a "Scientist trained by Assassins" type of character, someone who is a bit of a sociopath and a cynic with a delightfully dark sense of humor.

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 01:58 AM
Kinda hoping he's the AC equivalent to Robert Downy Jr. then I would have a new favorite Assassin (sorry Altiar)
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/ab/a3/0caba3eee744d31180667cb81389b8b8.jpg
Seriously though I think it would be cool to have a "Scientist trained by Assassins" type of character, someone who is a bit of a sociopath and a cynic with a delightfully dark sense of humor.
yeap yeap! That's what I was talking about in the other thread. Would love that. (I think he would have a little bit of Haytham, too, no?)

or Dr House (from House)

itsamea-mario
03-20-2014, 02:02 AM
I wrote a short fanfic story thing about a french assassin who started of as an inventor before becoming an assassin.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Something I just noticed... Arno/whatever the new guy's name is is a very lean, skinny man, isn't he? Look at his arms and legs, then compare him to Edward, or especially Connor.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

I'm kinda hoping this Assassin will be a sort of light-on-his-feet, stealthy character as opposed to mostly brute force like Edward and Connor (and to some extent, Ezio) were. He almost reminds me a little bit of Garrett from Thief in that respect.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/10/Thief.png

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 02:06 AM
^ zey stole your idea mario! :p

btw, Nicola Tesla was born in 1856 in Croatia. I'd love to see an assassin meeting him (the equivalent of Leonardo perhaps) but I don't think this would happen in AC5 time period and with Arno.

edit: leaner may mean stealthier indeed. (or maybe he's a young boy, say a medical student at the time he meets the assassins) ^^

reddragonhrcro
03-20-2014, 02:10 AM
^ zey stole your idea mario! :p

btw, Nicola Tesla was born in 1856 in Croatia. I'd love to see an assassin meeting him (the equivalent of Leonardo perhaps) but I don't think this would happen in AC5 time period and with Arno.

edit: leaner may mean stealthier indeed. (or maybe he's a young boy, say a medical student at the time he meets the assassins) ^^

Now thats something I would love to see.

I-Like-Pie45
03-20-2014, 02:11 AM
how about connor meets sigmund freud

adventurewomen
03-20-2014, 02:13 AM
how about connor meets sigmund freud
That would be awesome! :D

Radman500
03-20-2014, 02:28 AM
so we think arno is upper class?

frodrigues55
03-20-2014, 02:45 AM
Something I just noticed... Arno/whatever the new guy's name is is a very lean, skinny man, isn't he? Look at his arms and legs, then compare him to Edward, or especially Connor.

I'm kinda hoping this Assassin will be a sort of light-on-his-feet, stealthy character as opposed to mostly brute force like Edward and Connor (and to some extent, Ezio) were. He almost reminds me a little bit of Garrett from Thief in that respect.

My thoughs exactly! I'm liking the build of this assassin, it's different and it can work out well if a different style of personality than what we are used to. I hope he doesn't change much from these pictures.

RinoTheBouncer
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I hope he won’t be another Aveline. Just make it some DAMN hot guy with some awesome personality.
Make him bisexual. Would be great if they pull a Mass Effect 3.

From the looks of him, he looks “light” like Altair.

I think he is white and very breeze. Like this:

http://www.colombo.com.br/produtos/123495/123495_Alivio_Arno_0_g.jpg
OMG hahahahahahahaha

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 02:01 PM
I hope they keep him slim and lanky like in the leaked screenshots. Though going by the poster-on-the-wall picture they already beefed him up ?

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Arno is also the name of a region in Italy. Ezio cameo confirmed. ^^

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Godzio returns from the dead? This is the day I've been waiting for!

Will_Lucky
03-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Godzio returns from the dead? This is the day I've been waiting for!

Oh Christ...imagine if there is an Auditore called Ezio?

poptartz20
03-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Arno is also the name of a region in Italy. Ezio cameo confirmed. ^^

HAHAHA! YES! ( you know this is secretly what we all wanted!)

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/10/Thief.png

Yes! I thought of the same thing when I saw him oddly enough! So I'm assuming that with Arno, we will not be using hand to hand combat as much? or maybe it won't be as effective! I really do think we will see a new way of fighting! it will be interesting. :D (and if we do... oh well we do!)

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 04:10 PM
How long till that uplay announcement?

Will_Lucky
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM

Not sure, today would be certainly historical though. Napoleon made his grand escape from Elba on 20th March.

Sushiglutton
03-20-2014, 04:29 PM
One thing I'm very curious about is he will be an aristocrat, or a man of the people.

VoXngola
03-20-2014, 04:41 PM

I think 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then it's 5 pm in UK and that's where we usually get an announcement. Also the uplay post reaches the 24 hour mark by then.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
One thing I'm very curious about is he will be an aristocrat, or a man of the people.

I wondered the same thing myself. I would venture a guess that he's fairly wealthy, as he's got pretty classy, upscale robes. He could have stolen them like Edward, of course, but usually they try and work pieces of the character himself into their default outfit (like how Connor's was pieced together from colonial and native elements and Edward's had piratey stuff he added over Duncan's outfit) so I doubt he's just a commoner running around with a stolen robe.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 05:43 PM

What's this Uplay announcement you guys are talking about? This is the first I've heard of it.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I hope they keep him slim and lanky like in the leaked screenshots. Though going by the poster-on-the-wall picture they already beefed him up ?

Probably just the opposite, he was beefier in the concept art on the wall but they trimmed him down for the in-game render.

Templar_Az
03-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Yh I think it would be cool to make him a higher class guy who is helping the oppressed. btw one little thing to do with the pic... I wonder why they made this guy wear eyeliner? I mean Edward wore it too because he was a pirate (stopping glare from the sun) but this guy too? I guess it makes him look more mysterious. Im not against eyeliner btw i wear it myself.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Yh I think it would be cool to make him a higher class guy who is helping the oppressed. btw one little thing to do with the pic... I wonder why they made this guy wear eyeliner? I mean Edward wore it too because he was a pirate (stopping glare from the sun) but this guy too? I guess it makes him look more mysterious. Im not against eyeliner btw i wear it myself.

How do you see an eyeliner in such tiny pic of his face? xD Don't care if he does or not, it looks good on some guys, but we aren't even 100% sure about his ethnicity yet alone make up

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 07:43 PM
How do you see an eyeliner in such tiny pic of his face? xD Don't care if he does or not, it looks good on some guys, but we aren't even 100% sure about his ethnicity yet alone make up

Lol, this :p I can't even make out his facial features from that pic, let alone whether he's wearing eyeliner or not. It's just a blurry mess of beige.

Templar_Az
03-20-2014, 07:45 PM
ok this is kinda embarrasing, I thought the pic from page 8 was Arno but it was the character from "thief", thats what I get for not reading the full thing :P

Radman500
03-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Arno is obviously white frenchman..judging by facial features...the poster of him, his face was a white blur..

plus it would make more sense being a native frenchman in context with the french revolution, which wasn't about race or slavery or anything like that

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Arno is obviously white frenchman..judging by facial features...the poster of him, his face was a white blur..

plus it would make more sense being a native frenchman in context with the french revolution, which wasn't about race or slavery or anything like that

Yeah, I'm assuming he's native French/Basque.

Escappa
03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
He's going to be gay. Trust me, my gay-dar is going off.

Trust me...he won't be gay, I can guarantee it 100%

And if they ever thinking about doing a main assassin gay, then Ubisoft really need to think again

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 09:39 PM
then Ubisoft really need to think againDo they?

Escappa
03-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Do they?

Yeah, it would be breaking their own rules

LoyalACFan
03-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Do they?

For Animus purposes, yes. Anyone in the modern day or any historical character we follow through any other means besides the Animus could be gay though.

Escappa
03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
For Animus purposes, yes. Anyone in the modern day or any historical character we follow through any other means besides the Animus could be gay though.

That's what I meant; I understand now that my first post may be a bit missleading XD

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM
We've been through this discussion many times. This series already introduced 17 billion plot devices that bypass need for children for any character, gay or straight. They indeed broke their own rules already. For 'straights' lol

Escappa
03-20-2014, 11:01 PM
We've been through this discussion many times. This series already introduced 17 billion plot devices that bypass need for children for any character, gay or straight. They indeed broke their own rules already. For 'straights' lol

What have they introduced that bypass the need for children?

TheHumanTowel
03-20-2014, 11:14 PM
What have they introduced that bypass the need for children?
Memory seals technically. It's still wouldn't work at all to play an entire game through memory seals though. You'd need like 500 of them. It's never going to happen anyway so it's pretty pointless talking about it.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 11:19 PM
What have they introduced that bypass the need for children?POEs like Memory Seals/the Shroud that can record memories impossible to view via genetic memory, DDS/Animus Omega + DNA extraction from dead bodies to allow anyone to view any genetic memory and even freaking portable DNA fridges developed by First Civ. None of the core limits stated in AC1 apply to the franchise anymore, they already by passed everything by inserting more and more plot devices and objects to showcase whatever memory/event they felt like, regardless of age or children of the person in question. And they did it for straight characters lol.

Templar_Az
03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
^Thats true, but at the end of the day I think I can speak for a large majority of AC fans around the world when I say we Dont want a Homosexual character.

Shahkulu101
03-20-2014, 11:29 PM
^Thats true, but at the end of the day I think I can speak for a large majority of AC fans around the world when I say we Dont want a Homosexual character.

I don't know...the world isn't as stupid as it once was. There will still be idiots who directly oppose the inclusion of a human who prefers the same sex - and a lot of them - but I think the AC community is mature enough to er...accept a human as a protagonist...

That is essentially all we would be doing.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-20-2014, 11:29 PM
^Thats true, but at the end of the day I think I can speak for a large majority of AC fans around the world when I say we Dont want a Homosexual character.Here is my shocked face that this is what you really was thinking when starting the 'lore' argument:

:O

pirate1802
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM

Thou doesnt speaketh for me

silvermercy
03-20-2014, 11:39 PM
oh god... he's now on this thread, too, provoking people. He's either a troll or... (I don't want to say that word).

Either way, ignore him. S/He wants to derail this thread, too.

You don't speak for the vast majority of anything by the way.

Templar_Az
03-20-2014, 11:56 PM
look im sure a lot of people on these forums such as yourselves like homosexuals and Connor but cmon im just saying the casual gamers who dont use the forums probably wouldnt want either. I dont mean to offend anyone if you guys want Homosexual protaganists you go ahead and vote for that I aint stopping you (you are entitled to your opinion).

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 12:51 AM
I don't care about the sexuality of any of the characters, but the Assassin the players play as can't be gay if he's an ancestor. At most he could be Bi. The others characters could be of course but does it really matter?

Don't see how the character's sexuality would add to the game's story/gameplay in any way. Just sounds like a thing people would want for their own personal interests/beliefs.

But like I said I don't really care either way.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 01:07 AM
Main character can be gay and still procreate for appearances sake, especially if he's from an important family.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Main character can be gay and still procreate for appearances sake, especially if he's from an important family.
Or use Memory Seals, or roll in the Shroud, or put a drop of blood into First Civ vials, or Abstergo may just dig up his body and get DNA from bones. 8347834 million options with tons already used in the franchise that bypass any need for children and having descendants

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 01:25 AM
I would prefer if they kept the descendant thing, the sci-fi aspect of the series is becoming more and more ridiculous with each new game, now anyone can play other people genetic memories, then is high capacity memory seals, then the shroud, then info taken from bones and finally the animus becomes so advanced that you just need to type the person's name on the tablet and you can play his memories out of nowhere.

silvermercy
03-21-2014, 01:30 AM
I think it would be very interesting to see a person "immune" to the animus. :eek:
Imagine the upset and frustration he/she would cause if it was a really important person and the Templars wanted to gain access at all costs.
or maybe the Assassins developed a drug that made reading memories impossible. It could taint your DNA after a certain time had passed outside your body rendering it useless.

You heard it here first. ^^ lol

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 01:35 AM
didn't we already have a thread about a gay assassin?

Makes no difference to me. I don't really want a character's sexual conquest and lifestyle to be a major plot point of a game no matter their sexual identity.

But back on topic I suppose, my feelings on Arno are mixed.

I like the "Garret" look, but at the same time I kinda hate it. I will wait until I see fully textured, current build version of him before I make any real comments.

And as far as Paris..I love the location, and it seemed like there was some SERIOUS architecture in the background there..but I hope that those pics were during a build where they hadn't finished putting in all the base models for the buildings..because lack of NPCs aside..it looked way too... open..to me.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 01:56 AM
I think having a gay main character would be too much of a risk for Ubisoft, but other than that, why even bother doing it? Why touch this subject at all? Most people are straight, it's only normal most characters will be too. Being gay doesn't change anyone's character and often feel forced if done wrong, so there's really no point other than pleasing a handful of people in my opinion.

Escappa
03-21-2014, 01:59 AM
And as far as Paris..I love the location, and it seemed like there was some SERIOUS architecture in the background there..but I hope that those pics were during a build where they hadn't finished putting in all the base models for the buildings..because lack of NPCs aside..it looked way too... open..to me.

The pictures are definitely from an early build, so don't worry

In this one, three of the buildings are even the same:
http://c2.bgr.com/2014/03/assassins-creed-unity-1.png

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 02:01 AM
I think having a gay main character would be too much of a risk for Ubisoft, but other than that, why even bother doing it? Why touch this subject at all? Most people are straight, it's only normal most characters will be too. Being gay doesn't change anyone's character and often feel forced if done wrong, so there's really no point other than pleasing a handful of people in my opinion.

True true.
What is the statistic? I keep hearing conflicted ones. One site says 1/3 people are gay, and another site says 1/10, and another says 1/15, and another says 0/infinity, then I realized that I should not be looking for factual statistics on a devout Chris... never mind

Wolfmeister1010
03-21-2014, 02:03 AM

I hope the Notre Dan (however you spell) is as big and tall in final version as it is in these pics. Looks like the highest point in AC history to me.

adventurewomen
03-21-2014, 02:03 AM

Yeah it's a beta/early version.

Arno looks like he's flying or juust floating on air, such talent, I'm impressed. :eek:

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 02:11 AM
True true.
What is the statistic? I keep hearing conflicted ones. One site says 1/3 people are gay, and another site says 1/10, and another says 1/15, and another says 0/infinity, then I realized that I should not be looking for factual statistics on a devout Chris... never mind

I think it's more like "not most/most" but that's just the perception I got from life in general lol.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-21-2014, 02:21 AM
How about showing diversity? How people of all the different combinations of colors, backgrounds, cultural heritage, sexuality, gender etc can share same core Assassin value of freedom? Not a good reason for a franchise like this? And if it IS about pleasing few people, the question is "why not"? Why not please these few people who get bypased in video games 99.99% of the time?

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:32 AM
How about showing diversity? How people of all the different combinations of colors, backgrounds, cultural heritage, sexuality, gender etc can share same core Assassin value of freedom? Not a good reason for a franchise like this? And if it IS about pleasing few people, the question is "why not"? Why not please these few people who get bypased in video games 99.99% of the time?

Culture, color, and ethnicity are one thing. Some are more on the touchy subject than others, however. Hence why stuff like homosexuality is the subject of much debate in many countries. I'm not going to voice my stance on the matter (to avoid controversy) but to many developers it could alienate consumers of the franchise and hurt sales.

But it doesn't mean it's impossible. The Last of Us did that via DLC.

I will say adding something to a franchise for the sake of adding it is a bit needless if it's not adding to the story/gameplay in any way.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2014, 02:37 AM
I have just one question that is slightly left field ... Does Arno exist in the AC world ? because there is nothing about him on initiates and Edward was introduced to us in Forsaken so were has this guy come from ?

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:39 AM
I have just one question that is slightly left field ... Does Arno exist in the AC world ? because there is nothing about him on initiates and Edward was introduced to us in Forsaken so were has this guy come from ?

Edward was only in AC4 because he happened to be around during the Golden Age of Piracy according to Darby.

Arno isn't a pre-existing character to my knowledge. He's a new guy entirely.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2014, 02:42 AM
No i understand that but do we know for sure Arno is his true identity ? because i have a gut feeling we all could be wrong here, even with the leaks.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 02:43 AM

It's still a risk. There's plenty of ways the series has been showing variety without touching this subject. It's still a touchy matter, which can clearly be seen by the reactions caused here. And if it's not done properly, it can end up displeasing everyone - those who wanted, those who didn't care.

I, for one, do not feel the need for a gay assassin just because. If they do it, great. If they don't, won't make a difference to me. Does it really matter if the character sleeps with man or woman?

I will say adding something to a franchise for the sake of adding it is a bit needless if it's not adding to the story/gameplay in any way.

Exactly how I feel.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2014, 02:43 AM

Exactly 3 of the buildings are the same !! thats why i am not convinced at the moment.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:44 AM
No i understand that but do we know for sure Arno is his true identity ? because i have a gut feeling we all could be wrong here, even with the leaks.

We can't be sure about anything until we get confirmation from Ubisoft.

But that probably won't be for a while because I read on an official facebook that AC5 wouldn't be officially announced until after Watch Dogs is released. (Then again Ubisoft could easily change their minds)

RatonhnhakeFan
03-21-2014, 02:45 AM
I will say adding something to a franchise for the sake of adding it is a bit needless if it's not adding to the story/gameplay in any way.I will say keeping all-straight in a franchise for the sake of keeping it is a bit needless if it's not adding ato the story/gameplay in any way.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:46 AM
I will say keeping all-straight in a franchise for the sake of keeping it is a bit needless if it's not adding ato the story/gameplay in any way.

Well all-straight is the standard. So it's not adding anything really. Then again, that's just my opinion. And I respect yours so I won't really keep nipping on the subject anymore.

Either way AC5 will still be a game I eagerly await for.

RatonhnhakeFan
03-21-2014, 02:49 AM
Well all-straight is the standard. So it's not adding anything really. Then again, that's just my opinion. And I respect yours so I won't really keep nipping on the subject anymore.
I didn't say adding, I said keeping for the sake of keeping. Empty and pointless in any case. Also, standards are 'wide-spread' but not exclusive or inheneretly superior and in terms of popular entertaintemnt, it sure is good to take a break from the standards/switch it up sometimes don't ya think?

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:54 AM
I didn't say adding, I said keeping for the sake of keeping. Empty and pointless in any case. Also, standards are 'wide-spread' but not exclusive or inheneretly superior and in terms of popular entertaintemnt, it sure is good to take a break from the standards/switch it up sometimes don't ya think?

I agree. Well, as long as the subjects aren't controversial.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 02:56 AM

But... what difference would that make, really. "Now I want a gay assassin." "I want a vegetarian assassin." "I want an assassin who have lots of sex with animals.". I don't think that's relevant on its own and that's what I said. There's tons of ways they can develop interesting stories without having to define the person as "gay" or "straight".

What if someone came up now and said Adewale was gay? Would it make any difference? What about Connor? There's not one trace of sexuality on Connor, so being straight was that much of a problem that the series needs a break from it?

All of the assassins so far have peculiar traits which sets them apart. It's really offensive to think simply being gay is enough to give him that special character. Perharps one day Ubi will find a proper way to use this to tell a story, but wishing for a "gay assassin" just because it would be cool... I don't think they will do it.

adventurewomen
03-21-2014, 02:57 AM
I always support diversity, it's great to see differences between different characters makes the story more interesting. I would be bored as **** if we had the same type of characters in AC.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm open to any kind of assassin as long as his/her added traits are meaningful, fitting, and not controversial.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 03:02 AM
We have had so far three characters with mixed heritage, most characters in this series hardly fit the majority.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 03:04 AM
We have had so far three characters with mixed heritage, most characters in this series hardly fit the majority.

This, seriously. One thing people cannot acuse AC of is creating characters which lack variety. Putting them as the same just because they are straight is a very simplistic way to see things in my opinion. "It's always the same, we need a gay assassin". They are complex characters on their own regardless of their sexual orientation.

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 03:08 AM
I sometimes refuse to acknowlege Aveline as the first female/dark skinned assassin because her traditional assassin garb lacks a hood. :rolleyes:

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 03:13 AM
I sometimes refuse to acknowlege Aveline as the first female/dark skinned assassin because her traditional assassin garb lacks a hood. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on that, Aveline's outfitt was really out of place. I can't believe they actually came up with that stupid hat. I wonder if they just woke up one day and thought "hey, let's put her on clothes that have nothing to do with the Assassins in general?".

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Don't get me started on that, Aveline's outfitt was really out of place. I can't believe they actually came up with that stupid hat. I wonder if they just woke up one day and thought "hey, let's put her on clothes that have nothing to do with the Assassins in general?".

You can technically buy a hood for her, but I agree, that stupid default outfit ruins the badassery of images like this

Edit- whoa, let me try that link again

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8bMRW1IjSG42EInF9woSsU1oFKfJxq cLw_qIHRq9wJFN7Lgog

Shahkulu101
As long as there is a meaningful story to tell, being anything, be it gay or bisexual, doesn't matter. Look at TLoU: Left Behind. It tells a beautiful story of two people caught between a cold, relentlessly brutal dystopian world, finding humanity and purpose within a natural, beautiful human relationship. They just happen to be two teenage girls, it's just there - no big deal. It doesn't focus on sexuality, it's just a touching story about two humans.

So if they are gay, it doesn't matter. Just focus in the story at hand. Ubisoft wouldn't create a story around someone's sexuality anyway, but if they did - just think of it as a story assessing the themes of acceptance and discrimination of unconventiality. Because that is precisely what it would be.

RatonhnhakeFan
But... what difference would that make, really.
If none then why do you object and continue discussing at all if you TRULLY don't care huh? It's always the same "I'm totally saying race/gender/sexuality doesn't matter for great stories & characters so lets keep all the protagonist white straight dudes. For... some reason..." Nonsense. Of course it shouldn't matter but if you're hiding/bypassing/sidelining nearly everything that isn't white, straight and male almost all the time the it proves there is some issue here. If it was all "natural" developement, free of any prejudices then we would have all the different kinds of protagonist who just so happened to be male, female, black, asian, gay, straight. But that's not the case, 95%+ video game protagonists are white straight males. Ratonhnhaké:ton was only 1 Assassin in the main game partially not like this, in 1 game out of 6 main games. Adewale was part of small DLC, Aveline in a side-game, not in prime spot of main Ubisoft blockbuster Holidays release.

ze_topazio
03-21-2014, 03:20 AM

They were like "Women had limited freedom in those days so what can we do make her gender not easy to recognize? How about replace the hood with an hat? GENIUS!"

TO_M
03-21-2014, 03:21 AM
The AC series already has a gay Assassin protagonist, his name is Connor.

adventurewomen
03-21-2014, 03:28 AM
The AC series already has a gay Assassin protagonist, his name is Connor.
:rolleyes:

You can't be serious!

Did you totally miss in the beginning of AC3 when Achilles introduced Connor to Boston and as soon as they stepped out of the cart Connor was checking out a women, before Achilles told him to stop.

Also let's not forget this moment either, when Connor checks out this women:

http://i.imgur.com/y6j80jo.gif

-----

I wouldn't care if he was but from what we've seen from AC3 the evidence is concluded, Connor is attracted to women.

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 03:28 AM
If none then why do you object and continue discussing at all if you TRULLY don't care huh? It's always the same "I'm totally saying race/gender/sexuality doesn't matter for great stories & characters so lets keep all the protagonist white straight dudes. For... some reason..." Nonsense. Of course it shouldn't matter but if you're hiding/bypassing/sidelining nearly everything that isn't white, straight and male almost all the time the it proves there is some issue here. If it was all "natural" developement, free of any prejudices then we would have all the different kinds of protagonist who just so happened to be male, female, black, asian, gay, straight. But that's not the case, 95%+ video game protagonists are white straight males. Ratonhnhaké:ton was only 1 Assassin in the main game partially not like this, in 1 game out of 6 main games. Adewale was part of small DLC, Aveline in a side-game, not in prime spot of main Ubisoft blockbuster Holidays release.

I don't think you understand what I meant, but really, this discussion will lead nowhere. I gave my opinion, you are free to take it as it is. It's not that serious, really.

You can technically buy a hood for her, but I agree, that stupid default outfit ruins the badassery of images like this

Yeah, you can buy her a proper assassin outfit (which look way better by the way), but it's still not her default so every render will make her stand out more than she should, like on that otherwise badass picture with the Assassin who dress like someone else right next to the Assassin who doesn't want to be one and gets his family murdered by the Brotherhood.

They were like "Women had limited freedom in those days so what can we do make her gender not easy to recognize? How about replace the hood with an hat? GENIUS!"

"That's way better than hiding her face with that hood, that's so 1230, totally anti-fashion, it gets on the way of her beautiful braided hair".

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Sorry, double post -

LoyalACFan
03-21-2014, 03:58 AM

-----

I wouldn't care if he was but from what we've seen from AC3 the evidence is concluded, Connor is attracted to women.

Lol, that was such a bizarre scene. Why the hell would she run out of the house naked RIGHT IN FRONT of the people she was trying to avoid being seen by? And the best part is her boyfriend just casually strolls out in his tightie-whities like "Sup, playas?" :p

Dome500
03-21-2014, 04:07 AM
Lol, that was such a bizarre scene. Why the hell would she run out of the house naked RIGHT IN FRONT of the people she was trying to avoid being seen by? And the best part is her boyfriend just casually strolls out in his tightie-whities like "Sup, playas?" :p

Think we found the Independence War version of Barney Stinson :p (maybe and ancestor of him :D )

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 04:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/y6j80jo.gif.

He was looking at a deer. :rolleyes:

Dome500
03-21-2014, 04:18 AM
I always imagined Connor as asexual (no offense :D ).
No seriously, his personality is SO neutral often, I could even believe that.

I am sure he would be interested in women (though he could of course also be interested in both :p) but I think sex and love might not be such a big topic in his culture, at least during such troubled times.
And he personally grew up with great responsibility in his village, and like a warrior later on (trained by Achilles). I just don't think this thought is on his "priority list". Unlike Ezio who grew up differently and also didn't have any urge in his fight for revenge.

As for Altair, he also did only fall in love later on in life. He was always straight-to-the job as well.

Ureh
03-21-2014, 04:36 AM

He's making sure it's safe for her to run into the woods. Never know when you'll run into a patrol of angry redcoats or a nest of rabid raccoons. :P

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 04:37 AM
He's making sure it's safe for her to run into the woods. Never know when you'll run into a patrol of angry redcoats or a nest of rabid raccoons. :P

Good Guy Connor.

Consus_E
03-21-2014, 04:49 AM

He thought he saw Charles Lee

I-Like-Pie45
03-21-2014, 05:02 AM
Maybe Arno is like David when it comes to his tastes

David is the best!

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 05:42 AM
:rolleyes:

You can't be serious!

Did you totally miss in the beginning of AC3 when Achilles introduced Connor to Boston and as soon as they stepped out of the cart Connor was checking out a women, before Achilles told him to stop.

-----

Lol I thought both scenes were hilarious! We all know he likes women - You Cannot Deny It!

Exactly!

GunnerGalactico
03-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Lol I thought both scenes were hilarious! We all know he likes women - You Cannot Deny It!

Exactly!

Also let's not forget the conversation between him and Dobby Carter :rolleyes:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130620233743/assassinscreed/images/b/b6/Hoarding_Provisions_4.png

He is a normal guy.

pirate1802
03-21-2014, 12:10 PM
dat cleavage

dat accent

If I was Connor I'd have married her in an instant. Thankfully I'm not Connor, and so the world was saved.

king-hailz
03-21-2014, 12:11 PM
I feel an upper class character in a Revolution would bee too similar to Ezio losing everything being raised as a noble. I think this character would make more sense to start as the opposite. desperately poor from birth, knows first hand the suffering of the poor before the revolution, Instills the anti noble thoughts in his head to support the commoners in the Rev, falls in with the assassins by being taken in by a master after parents die of starvation or something. This is really speculating and probably wayyyy wrong but a protagonist like this would be fresh and interesting.

I really like that.

king-hailz
03-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I don't mind that he's a guy because the modern day character is gonna be a woman.

Locopells
03-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Modern day character already is a woman, given what goes down in the bunker...

How do you do the spoiler thing, I can't find it?

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Wasn't Connor about 10 in that scene though? He didn't know what he wanted.

Either that, or he saw a hunk behind her ;)

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2014, 02:42 PM
People seem to have confused the title of this thread as "Let's talk Connor"

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 03:11 PM

He was 16. Old enough to know :p.

AherasSTRG
03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
What's there to talk about Arnauld really? This discussion is destined to touch all the other assassins for comparison's sake. In fact, we are investigating a potential sexual relationship between the 2 assassins :p.

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 03:37 PM

He knew what he TRULY wanted, he just didn't want to proclaim it to the world.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Yeah he was about 17 or so, and he was just helping someone who happened to be a woman. Like most men, maybe he just has a soft spot for helping a woman in distress per se, maybe? He cares all the time, anytime for anyone in distress, no matter the gender :)

…. And I would seriously like to know why Connor said he'd give her the "first crack," whatever that means. *nervous gulp*

JustPlainQuirky
03-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Connor obviously inherited his perverseness from his father. In Forsaken it says Haytham told Charles to leave so he could have some bow-chika-wow-wow time with Ziio despite hardly knowing her. :rolleyes:

frodrigues55
03-21-2014, 04:48 PM

It was so obvious that what he really wanted was to get spanked by Charles Lee again. No wonder he was obsessed with finding him.

I hope Connor and Arno kiss just so people can finally be happy to have a gay assassin for whatever reason they think that's important.

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 05:24 PM
It was so obvious that what he really wanted was to get spanked by Charles Lee again. No wonder he was obsessed with finding him.

But WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?

Dome500
03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
But WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?

Man, I can't tell how many times Connor said that in AC3.... :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Man, I can't tell how many times Connor said that in AC3.... :rolleyes:

Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

Bojanglesz
03-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

Someone really should have given him a hand...

rob.davies2014
03-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Is anyone else annoyed by those leather pads on his shoulder? They seem kind of redundant and only there to make the costume look more intricate than it is.

adventurewomen
03-23-2014, 03:39 AM
I leave this thread for just over a day and look what happens all these responses :D
------------

Haha! Yeah I thought the same! It's like the women just was startled by the sudden appearence of Paul and Connor and she just up'd and left running out there.. maybe she didn't really care that these two men saw her.

Let's just say...Connor saw that women and he liked what he saw. ;)

I always imagined Connor as asexual (no offense :D ).
No seriously, his personality is SO neutral often, I could even believe that.

I am sure he would be interested in women (though he could of course also be interested in both :p) but I think sex and love might not be such a big topic in his culture, at least during such troubled times.
And he personally grew up with great responsibility in his village, and like a warrior later on (trained by Achilles). I just don't think this thought is on his "priority list". Unlike Ezio who grew up differently and also didn't have any urge in his fight for revenge.

As for Altair, he also did only fall in love later on in life. He was always straight-to-the job as well.
What you're saying..people who are work focused are asexual - isn't that a huge generalization.. I know you meant know harm by that comment.

Connor's personality is like an ocean, there is many layers to his personality that do require you to look though at the surface, into the deep,

I'm half Mohawk, I'll let you know that we are like everyone else - when it comes to premarital sex, the choice is between the couple and it's more about the person/s morals and not so much their tribal culture. We value Love and spiritual companionship. As for Connor's reasons to be more focused on his goals more a higher importance than finding love was more of a personal choice his own morals. Like I said in another thread, Connor always had his feet on the ground, he was a decent guy, no doubt a gentleman.

Since Connor would most likely be the gentleman, he would appear to be looking out for her on the surface but it's just the way Connor's walking and his body language when he sees her that tells us really he's like all men with desires.

He thought he saw Charles Lee
Connor saw some cleavage on the women of course ;)

Lol I thought both scenes were hilarious! We all know he likes women - You Cannot Deny It!!
Totally Agreed! Just loved those scenes! :D

Yeah he was about 17 or so, and he was just helping someone who happened to be a woman. Like most men, maybe he just has a soft spot for helping a woman in distress per se, maybe? He cares all the time, anytime for anyone in distress, no matter the gender :)
When Connor first saw Boston he was 13/14 and Connor became an assassin by the age of 14/15 just to give you a time scale. We know what happens to us at that age, so no doubt that Connor would have been curious at the sight of that girl he saw in Boston at that time.

Well it's because we don't know enough about Arnold, to talk about him only speculate.

…. And I would seriously like to know why Connor said he'd give her the "first crack," whatever that means. *nervous gulp*
Dobby gave me the cougar impression, kind of creepy. Poor Connor. :(

dat cleavage

dat accent

If I was Connor I'd have married her in an instant. Thankfully I'm not Connor, and so the world was saved.
I have a quick fan fic idea for that.. Connor desperately looks for the women as he is enthralled with her overwhelmed with lust... that;s it I'l stop there it was going nsfw. ;)

To be fair Connor spoke to several people in the game, he told them he didn't have the time currently to devote his time for a women, but he would like to in the future.

Connor obviously inherited his perverseness from his father. In Forsaken it says Haytham told Charles to leave so he could have some bow-chika-wow-wow time with Ziio despite hardly knowing her. :rolleyes:
Haha! Agreed! :D

Radman500
03-23-2014, 05:46 AM
is it confirmed that Arno is ethnic French?

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2014, 06:07 AM
No, he's Austrian.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2014, 06:14 AM
I leave this thread for just over a day and look what happens all these responses :D
------------

Haha! Yeah I thought the same! It's like the women just was startled by the sudden appearence of Paul and Connor and she just up'd and left running out there.. maybe she didn't really care that these two men saw her.

Let's just say...Connor saw that women and he liked what he saw. ;)

What you're saying..people who are work focused are asexual - isn't that a huge generalization.. I know you meant know harm by that comment.

Connor's personality is like an ocean, there is many layers to his personality that do require you to look though at the surface, into the deep,

I'm half Mohawk, I'll let you know that we are like everyone else - when it comes to premarital sex, the choice is between the couple and it's more about the person/s morals and not so much their tribal culture. We value Love and spiritual companionship. As for Connor's reasons to be more focused on his goals more a higher importance than finding love was more of a personal choice his own morals. Like I said in another thread, Connor always had his feet on the ground, he was a decent guy, no doubt a gentleman.

Since Connor would most likely be the gentleman, he would appear to be looking out for her on the surface but it's just the way Connor's walking and his body language when he sees her that tells us really he's like all men with desires.

Connor saw some cleavage on the women of course ;)

Totally Agreed! Just loved those scenes! :D

When Connor first saw Boston he was 13/14 and Connor became an assassin by the age of 14/15 just to give you a time scale. We know what happens to us at that age, so no doubt that Connor would have been curious at the sight of that girl he saw in Boston at that time.

Well it's because we don't know enough about Arnold, to talk about him only speculate.

Dobby gave me the cougar impression, kind of creepy. Poor Connor. :(

I have a quick fan fic idea for that.. Connor desperately looks for the women as he is enthralled with her overwhelmed with lust... that;s it I'l stop there it was going nsfw. ;)

To be fair Connor spoke to several people in the game, he told them he didn't have the time currently to devote his time for a women, but he would like to in the future.

Haha! Agreed! :D

Well said :)

killzab
03-23-2014, 10:09 AM
is it confirmed that Arno is ethnic French?

Okay now it's getting racist.

itsamea-mario
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Okay now it's getting racist.

You're racist!!

...hahahaha, did you see that ACB reference right there? if you liked that you can find more, thursdays on comedy central.

Locopells
03-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Can I say, Wassa-matta-you?!