PDA

View Full Version : How to take a screenshot in Assassin's Creed BF?

tunnelcat
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
In Assassin's Creed Black Flag, how can I take a screenshot while playing the game? I've tried the F12 key that was suggested on another forum, but it doesn't do anything, nor is there any screenshot ending up in the Uplay folder that's supposed to be there for storing game screenshots. Is it a different key that's supposed to be used?

YazX_
03-19-2014, 09:27 PM
go to UPlay settings and set the hotkey and folder for screenshots.

rcole_sooner
03-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Are you sure your keyboard has the function keys enabled?

tunnelcat
03-19-2014, 11:58 PM
The hotkey is already set as F12 in the Uplay settings. Still nothing happens when I hit F12. Also, my function keys are enabled.

rcole_sooner
03-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Are u sure nothing is happening?

Did you check your pictures->Uplay folder?

YazX_
03-20-2014, 10:57 AM
The hotkey is already set as F12 in the Uplay settings. Still nothing happens when I hit F12. Also, my function keys are enabled.

change the key to any other non-function key, if it works fine then your function keys are not enabled, sometimes function keys need to be pressed with another dedicated button on keyboard to work especially on laptops, this can be changed from bios though.

tunnelcat
03-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I confirmed nothing is getting saved into the Uplay folder. My function keys are active as well. They work in other games, even Splinter Cell Blacklist, another Uplay game. But I might try changing from the f key and see what happens.

AmaZim2
03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Come on guys....is this serious...??

Use FRAPS...like everybody else :)

rcole_sooner
03-20-2014, 06:26 PM
+1 on FRAPS, then you can capture vids too.

tunnelcat
03-20-2014, 10:45 PM
I tried changing the hotkey to "T", but still nothing. I wonder if the reason is because the game is installed on another drive and not the OS drive?

Question about FRAPS. Does it cause any problems with any other games out there? As for video capture, has anyone used the ShadowPlay feature in the GeForce Experience program?

pittbull4200
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
F12 for Uplay

and directory is

C:\Users\-----\Pictures\Uplay\Assassin’s CreedŽ IV Black Flag™

YazX_
03-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I tried changing the hotkey to "T", but still nothing. I wonder if the reason is because the game is installed on another drive and not the OS drive?

No, i have the game installed on another drive and hotkey works fine, seems UPlay/game are not being able to hook the key when its pressed, if you have any other programs opened (steam, origin,...) try to close them all as they might also hooked the same key and prevent it from registering.

Question about FRAPS. Does it cause any problems with any other games out there? As for video capture, has anyone used the ShadowPlay feature in the GeForce Experience program?

well FRAPS is the most popular recording tool for games, but i personally dont like it though, no it doesnt cause any problems. according to shadow play, yes i used it and its much more better than FRAPS and it doesn't impact your FPS (only 3% - 6% impact which is nothing), but its still in beta and it has lots of bugs, anyway, since i have SLI, shadow play causes massive FPS drops and caps your FPS, this is a known bug with SLI and nvidia is working to fix it, so if you have single card, shadow play works well for now.

tunnelcat
03-22-2014, 05:07 AM
No key anywhere does the job I'm afraid. I don't have any other things running like Steam or Origin either. :(

rcole_sooner
03-22-2014, 06:15 AM
Are you sure you are looking in the right folder for the screen pics?

See post 11 above?

If so, then put a ticket into ubisoft support. The link is in my sig.