PDA

View Full Version : AC images leaked for real, It's happening :)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 06:12 PM
First gameplay images leaked for one of the two games (according to Kotaku) set to release this fall. Set in 18th century Paris it was codenamed Unity (as that Neogaf leak suggested). Unity is the next gen game (Ps4, X1).

Sushi note 1: Look at the puppeteer controls. More interactive Parkour confirmed :D!!!!
Sushi note 2: Where the heck are all the people lol?

Potentially the official announcement is tomorrow (could be something else though, don't shoot me :) ): https://www.facebook.com/Uplay.Ubisoft (thanks to MasterAssasin84 and Silvermercy)

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ejqhpkhsm7oa7dy5e2fq.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png(Thanks Hans!)

Layytez
03-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Was just about to post that lol. Looks like its france guys.

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Lawl, I was about to post it as well. I failed. :(

So France it is...

Goxxi
03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
well done man , good job : )

But judging by these pictures I would say this is a current gen version (PS3/X360) ?

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Was just about to post that lol. Looks like its france guys.

Lawl, I was about to post it as well. I failed. :(

So France it is...

Hahahahahhahhahaah you guys fail. The Sushi master is too fast for ya :cool:!

killzab
03-19-2014, 06:20 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ! France !

I live in Paris :D , I went to Notre Dame last week-end and you can see it in the background.

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
That definitely isn't a revolver.

ArabianFrost
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM
I shed the single most manly Assassin's Creed tear :,) it is magnificent. Just imagine scaling those big *** buildings. Finally an authentic AC experience.

Btw, anyone notice the parkuour up/down button? Could it be? Could parkour finally have become more than just an uninvolving button press?

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah.. return of big urban landscapes and bigass buildings :O

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 06:24 PM
I shed the single most manly Assassin's Creed tear :,) it is magnificent. Just imagine scaling those big *** buildings. Finally an authentic AC experience.

Btw, anyone notice the parkuour up/down button? Could it be? Could parkour finally have become more than just an uninvolving button press?

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

The free-running overhaul would be disappointing if they add complication to it in my opinion. I just enjoy traversing the city simply.

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 06:25 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ! France !

I live in Paris :D , I went to Notre Dame last week-end and you can see it in the background.

Awesome, Paris is gonna be rad! Could you maybe name the buildings in the pics :)?

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

Didn't you read the Sushi notes :mad:! I def think they have changed the parkour to give more precision. It's likely that you now need to hold RT+A to climb I would say.

lothario-da-be
03-19-2014, 06:27 PM
My reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_pIXLexFaY

ArabianFrost
03-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Awesome, Paris is gonna be rad! Could you maybe name the buildings in the pics :)?

Didn't you read the Sushi notes :mad:! I def think they have changed the parkour to give more precision. It's likely that you now need to hold RT+A to climb I would say.

Ze light from ze hype. Why art thou so blinding?

Yeah, where the hell are the damn people? It's paghis. We want density and we want it now. Looking at the screenshot with fountaion, I can see some red and blue textures. This is possibly some pretty early stuff. As long as NPCs don't walk in weird groups of 4, I'm in.

Kaschra
03-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow, there it is. Finally. Finally some leaks ;__;

So that Neogaf dude was right again, huh? Then I guess the rumours about a second AC for the last gen are true, too?

True_Assassin92
03-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes finally! France was to be expected and these look like very early stage...

killzab
03-19-2014, 06:32 PM

I am trying but modern Paris looks very different. I tried to guess where the Assassin is based on the angle from which we see Notre Dame but I can't figure it out :(

Might be the "Hotel de ville"

lothario-da-be
03-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Hmm, not sure what to think about the second ac, but French revolution seems good to me. I hope we will get some real footage soon.

Farlander1991
The parkour up and down thing seems to be an improvement of the jump/drop system we had previously.

Nice to see this revealed :D

Will_Lucky
Wow, there it is. Finally. Finally some leaks ;__;

So that Neogaf dude was right again, huh? Then I guess the rumours about a second AC for the last gen are true, too?

Article directly states that a last-gen title is in production code named Comet.

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
I predict this thread will be 30 pages long by next day.

Farlander1991
03-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Lol, you can even see a white box instead of one of the buildings :D Definitely early screens.

Sushiglutton
Ze light from ze hype. Why art thou so blinding?

Yeah, where the hell are the damn people? It's paghis. We want density and we want it now. Looking at the screenshot with fountaion, I can see some red and blue textures. This is possibly some pretty early stuff. As long as NPCs don't walk in weird groups of 4, I'm in.

Exactly, the crowds should be so dense that you can't even squeeze a crÍpe in there! Good observation about the fountain pic. I was thinking it was some form of cloth, but I think you are right that it is some form of development tool. So yeah real early footage.

killzab

Of course, we've been waiting so long.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
For those of you worried by the fact that graphically it seems lackluster in some parts, rest assured that this was confirmed to be from an extremely early crossgen build, and that more recent builds feature significantly upgraded textures, and higher density NPC traffic. However just from these screens we can see that draw distance has increased tenfold

NAVID4ASSASSIN
03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
im hyped as hell:rolleyes:
but why this dude is so thin? i thought he was she for a second:rolleyes:
i like the robes color but its so simple and no beaked hood again. but its ok:cool:
guess yononoa was right for the third time.;)

Will_Lucky
These are definitely early screens, doesn't look Next-Gen at all in terms of lighting and textures. And of course barely any people on screen.

MasterAssasin84
I always had a feeling its was going to be France ! i am officially buzzing for this one !! also i love the way that we have more control over the parkour :)

killzab
I can't wait to visit the city I live in in it's 300 year-old version !

Kaschra
03-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Article directly states that a last-gen title is in production code named Comet.
Ah yes, right.
I think I read rumours about that one too, but I can't remember if it stated any time period or country for Comet.

Dome500
Good Fake, I got to give him that.
But I only believe it when it's confirmed.

Something is seriously wrong with leaks this year, all those fake leaks prove it.

Like I said, I believe it once it's confirmed. The health bar and the weapon selector are still a little bit too weird IMO and a puppeteer control HUD is easily included in such an image.

Sushiglutton
I am trying but modern Paris looks very different. I tried to guess where the Assassin is based on the angle from which we see Notre Dame but I can't figure it out :(

Might be the "Hotel de ville"

No worries mate, I bet the internet hordes will tell us soon enough :)

The parkour up and down thing seems to be an improvement of the jump/drop system we had previously.

Nice to see this revealed :D

Yeah, even though I want something even more interactive having clear up/down control is perfectly fine and should help a lot in tight spaces when you want to turn around corners etc.

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:39 PM

The closest you can get to actual time travel.

killzab
im hyped as hell:rolleyes:
but why this dude is so thin? i thought he was she for a second:rolleyes:
i like the robes color but its so simple and no beaked hood again. but its ok:cool:
guess yononoa was right for the third time.;)

That would mean Connor is back then !

Kirokill
HUD is so neat ^^!
The character looks bad though, good thing is is an early state

No doubt this is already getting crazy act!

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Ah yes, right.
I think I read rumours about that one too, but I can't remember if it stated any time period or country for Comet.

Only real rumors are its made by a third party in the UK I believe. Not much else to go on.

Goxxi
03-19-2014, 06:42 PM

No chance this is a next gen , this is PS3/X360 version , somne early phase of development , come on even AC3 and AC4 looks much better from these images.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 06:42 PM
That would mean Connor is back then !

God I hope so too :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
The pictures so far are looking like the real thing, but I don't want to ride on the hype train yet until an official confirmation has been stated [from Ubisoft]. *fingers crossed*

And of course, they refused to comment on it, so yeah…

Kaschra
03-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Only real rumors are its made by a third party in the UK I believe. Not much else to go on.
Ah, too bad.
I don't have a PS4 yet and I'm actually not planning to buy one this year, so I'll have to stick with Comet.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 06:44 PM
The great thing about all this is that

1. announcement is likely VERY VERY close cuz of this.

2. likely during gameplay trailer tha happens soon, we can see all the upgrades to graphics in comparison to these screens.

ArabianFrost
The closest you can get to actual time travel.

You gotta love AC.

Farlander1991
Guys, if you look at the second screen, you can see a white box instead of one of the buildings.

This is a left-over from what is known as 'white boxing', i.e. when you literally set up the basics of environments by placing basic textureless geometry around the place.

No fake can be this sophisticated to include leftovers from white-boxing ;) Definitely an early build.

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 06:46 PM
No chance this is a next gen , this is PS3/X360 version , somne early phase of development , come on even AC3 and AC4 looks much better from these images.

This is early, very early judging by the interface as well. Initially in game development they need to get the systems running before they can start adding eye-candy and this will be no different.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
UGH. GOD DANG IT.

I just... I JUST want an Asian AC. The only possible saving grace is the dense urban locale for the game being set in Paris and even then... ehhh. They'll have to do quite a good job of convincing me it's worth a buy. I hate to be a wet blanket, but I'm just burned out from European-based games set in the 1700s or later. It's lame when you have all of history to explore. I would've loved a Chinese AC or even an AC set in the early AD years. Possibly BC even, depending on if they found a really cool location.

We'll see but if this turns out to be real and NOT an amazing fake, I've already 85% written this game off. Perhaps thats ignorant of me but I know what I want out of AC. Like I said, the urban setting could entice me since it's been a few years now since we've had a decent urban AC. Constantinople was the last true AC city IMO. AC3 had lame cities, AC4 only had Havana which was fairly small and underutilized.

Maybe if the city is utilized really well, if random events are expanded upon and made to be more like Red Dead Redemption, and they can convince me that the time period is good. Then maybe the game will be good and I'll get it. I know me saying "no buy" is not really anything Ubi should be scared of because a single person not buying the game won't make or break it for them but still. Just expressing my opinion about the choice of location.

Edit:
Actually, this picture
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png

Looks pretty awesome, not gonna lie. So maybe there is hope.

Anyway, I better be able to color those robes white as well.

Wolfmeister1010
Lets all just hope that

1. Parkour is really getting overhauled..maybe even dedicated stealth button.

2. Combat is getting overhauled.

Also lol remember the early version of connor??

Final build of this character "Arno" is likely a lot different lol

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
You gotta love AC.

That is why I love AC mate :D

I read somewhere (forgetting where atm) that some British universities used AC II in their history classes to give an idea of what those cities looked like back then.

egriffin09
03-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Paris is going to be soo fun to parkour around. How long did it take Ubi to officially announce ACIV after the leaks?

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Actually, the character looks basically the same to that leaked poster before. Good to see his character model was beefed up a bit from this

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Lets all just hope that

1. Parkour is really getting overhauled..maybe even dedicated stealth button.

2. Combat is getting overhauled.

Also lol remember the early version of connor??

Final build of this character "Arno" is likely a lot different lol

1. I really really hope they don't mess it up or scrap the alteration. I really don't want added complexity to it.

2. Generally agreed, AC3 and 4 was too easy on the combat front even turning the UI off posed little challenge.

Kirokill
That is why I love AC mate :D

I read somewhere (forgetting where atm) that some British universities used AC II in their history classes to give an idea of what those cities looked like back then.

a not linked, but there is a news programme in a certain region, uses AC2 main theme music in their intro.

Wolfmeister1010
Paris is going to be soo fun to parkour around. How long did it take Ubi to officially announce ACIV after the leaks?

I think it was like within the same week lol.

These COULD be controlled leaks too lol. Which would mean that announcement could be imminent

MasterAssasin84
03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
I am just glad that Victoria London has bee quashed !! not to say they will go there later on ( or could be one of the other versions ) but its such a boring time and era .

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Fourth pic is kind of interesting. It really looks to me like you can walk inside. I also wonder if carriages like that will roam around the open world and if you will be able to hijack them or perhaps rob them or something.

I think it was like within the same week lol. These COULD be controlled leaks too lol. Which would mean that announcement could be imminent

Probaby wait until after GDC at least. Controlled leak would make a lot of sense actually as they can just release a couple of rough pics and we go nuts. Pretty cheap marketing.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 06:53 PM
1. I really really hope they don't mess it up or scrap the alteration. I really don't want added complexity to it.

2. Generally agreed, AC3 and 4 was too easy on the combat front even turning the UI off posed little challenge.

I would enjoy some added complexity. The "hold one button to do EVERYTHING" controls are a bit tiresome

killzab
03-19-2014, 06:53 PM
So the airplane leak was legit. For the second time.

Ubi need to set up security measures for business travels lol.

ze_topazio
03-19-2014, 06:54 PM
That looks pretty, I said this before, I'm open to any setting but I can't deny that I think this series is at its best in big metropolis.

I would pay so much money to have a game in Lisbon.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Fourth pic is kind of interesting. It really looks to me like you can walk inside. I also wonder if carriages like that will roam around the open world and if you will be able to hijack them or perhaps rob them or something.

does the world also remind you of Red dead redemption a bit?? I don't know why..maybe the carriages or the character models lol. Anyone else feel this way?

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 06:56 PM
YAAAAY!!! I won points for the contest in the competition thread! :D LOL

Oh and yeah... France and Paris! wooohooo!!!!!

I've been to France a couple of times! Awesome place!! XD Now I want to go again!

edit: what's this banning thing popping up???

Farlander1991
03-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Huh? How did Wolf get banned?

Layytez
03-19-2014, 06:57 PM
^^ Yeah wtf ? One post ? >.> and PS4/XBO huh....i'll gladly spend £37 on that.

Dome500
03-19-2014, 06:57 PM
UGH. GOD DANG IT.

I just... I JUST want an Asian AC. The only possible saving grace is the dense urban locale for the game being set in Paris and even then... ehhh. They'll have to do quite a good job of convincing me it's worth a buy. I hate to be a wet blanket, but I'm just burned out from European-based games set in the 1700s or later. It's lame when you have all of history to explore. I would've loved a Chinese AC or even an AC set in the early AD years. Possibly BC even, depending on if they found a really cool location.

We'll see but if this turns out to be real and NOT an amazing fake, I've already 85% written this game off. Perhaps thats ignorant of me but I know what I want out of AC. Like I said, the urban setting could entice me since it's been a few years now since we've had a decent urban AC. Constantinople was the last true AC city IMO. AC3 had lame cities, AC4 only had Havana which was fairly small and underutilized.

Maybe if the city is utilized really well, if random events are expanded upon and made to be more like Red Dead Redemption, and they can convince me that the time period is good. Then maybe the game will be good and I'll get it. I know me saying "no buy" is not really anything Ubi should be scared of because a single person not buying the game won't make or break it for them but still. Just expressing my opinion about the choice of location.

Not my opinion necessarily. I think Paris would make for a nice setting, though I would have preferred England (I just don't like the French language, but on the other hand - I like the French Rev. as historical era). A big city with some small outdoor stuff, hopefully more than 1 city btw. I do really not want ONLY Paris to be in this. 2 cities and a countryside (AC2 style) would be cool IMO (provided the countryside is more interesting than in AC2/AC3.

I also hope they overhauled the combat (or rather, improved it (made it more difficult)) and have improved on stealth (please crouch button (maybe even cover system?), please), improved on the A.I. (smarter than AC4, not as hyper-sensitive as AC3, investigation phase) and stealth possibilities (lure people, kill/k.o around corners and over obstacles behind which you can hide, etc.), as well as improved on social stealth and added more tools to distract, K.O. (very important for me personally, non lethal) and kill.

Also, I hope the density of people on the streets is more than in Colonial America. First because it would be really lame for the social stealth if not, and second because there really WERE more people in French cities than in Colonial America cities.

IF the airplane story really holds up (and is not just a story to sound more spectacular and funny than it actually was when the poster got to know that information) then I am 100% this is no coincidence. 2 things like this happening 2 years in a row? That practically screams "controlled leak".

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 06:58 PM

I think he predicted AC III too if I'm right.. so its the third time.

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
Not my opinion necessarily. I think Paris would make for a nice setting, though I would have preferred England (I just don't like the French language, but on the other hand - I like the French Rev. as historical era).

Why ?

Will_Lucky
I think he predicted AC III too if I'm right.. so its the third time.

He either knows someone on the team or by some fluke this individual seems capable of getting on planes with Ubisoft Developers willing to spill the beans once a year.

Sushiglutton
YAAAAY!!! I won points for the contest in the competition thread! :D LOL

Oh and yeah... France and Paris! wooohooo!!!!!

I've been to France a couple of times! Awesome place!! XD Now I want to go again!

edit: what's this banning thing popping up???

I kind of wanna forget about the competition now lol, I have like no chance at getting a single point :D (unless they used a lot of bō-staffs in the French Revolution).

luckyto
03-19-2014, 07:03 PM
So ... sick.... of... guns.....

Layytez
03-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Someone care to explain to me why I was BANNED for posting 5 posts in under ten minutes??

Holy ****.

luckyto
03-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Someone care to explain to me why I was BANNED for posting 5 posts in under ten minutes??

Probably a bot-prevention algorithm. I wouldn't take it personal. After the trouble these forums have had, who can blame them?

Dome500
Why ?

Grammar. Had to learn that in school for years, never understood that logic....

English? NO problem.
Spanish? Not that experienced but from what I've seen so far, pretty easy.

But French? Never got that right.

killzab
So .... where is Connor now ? Yoyonoa said he would be in the game :)

Farlander1991

"Date that ban is released: NEVER"

Sounds like you weirded out whatever the new system for spam-bots they've put in place on this forum... you should contact somebody, all your posts and threads have been deleted :/

Kirokill
03-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Looks like the forum new system to remove spammers.

Dome500
Probably a bot-prevention algorithm. I wouldn't take it personal. After the trouble these forums have had, who can blame them?

Think he is right. Just ask a moderator to un-ban you again. They can do that.

Will_Lucky

That wasn't a ban, that was a purge your entire existence is gone...

And anyone got an idea on timeframe of the game at all?

Wolfmeister101
Guys I am not a bot lol. Can one of the moderators please fix this? Cuz right now I am banned forever.

Just contacted Widow on twitter lol.

MasterAssasin84
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM
The Announcement is tomorrow !

Ubisoft have announced it on Facebook !!

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:06 PM

French Revolution

Wolfmeister101
03-19-2014, 07:07 PM

This is the worst/best day of my life LOL

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Calling it right now. He appears as an NPC.

silvermercy

yeap! https://www.facebook.com/Uplay.Ubisoft

Not sure if it's AC related, but it should be??

Dome500

Well, since we see no muskets and the streets and people look pretty 18th century for me..... French Rev or something around that.
Would fit. Lots of interesting characters.

It's not Napoleon, that's for sure.

SpiritOfNevaeh

Lol I know, right? Maybe he comes later :) Patience~

HDinHB
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
This is the worst/best day of my life LOL

You better slow down...take a deep breath...or you will get autobanned again. Good news I can still see your profile and posts under 1010, so you haven't been erased.

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 07:12 PM
French Revolution

But is there any proof? Originally it hinted at Victorian Era, now its back to French Revolution. Its just odd in general unless of course the guns have been carried over as a placeholder from AC4.

Layytez
03-19-2014, 07:13 PM
I was hoping it wasn't France or England. It looks good of course but I wanted a different flavour.

Dome500
03-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Lol I know, right? Maybe he comes later :) Patience~

You really want Connor as AC5 protagonist?

I don't.

No offense, it's just, I like it that we could get a new character. Though I don't mind a cameo of Connor. :)

I was hoping it wasn't France or England. It looks good of course but I wanted a different flavour.

Yeah, me too kinda. I'm still excited though, if it doesn't end up like AC3...

MasterAssasin84
yeap! https://www.facebook.com/Uplay.Ubisoft

Not sure if it's AC related, but it should be??

You Know what i would say 95% it will be ! But France i am excited for this, London would have disappointed me greatly .

Wolfmeister101
But is there any proof? Originally it hinted at Victorian Era, now its back to French Revolution. Its just odd in general unless of course the guns have been carried over as a placeholder from AC4.

Hints said during time of French revolution..but in both Paris AND LOndon Teehee.

Oh an Conner. Lol.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Man I sure wish this was during the Hundred Years War instead so it could at least NOT be 1700s+

Ugh. This is everything I didn't want: location AND time period. But again...dat city....

I am conflicted.

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 07:15 PM
LOL I love how calm we all are now taking in the news.

In the fake leaks thread we had almost flipped. lol

xryanx28
03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
the assassin looks so small ! It looks like a dude but then again his legs are so small I wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl.

ArabianFrost
03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
That leak really scared them, didn't it? A leak AND a reveal in the same night? lol. This is definitely controlled.

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
LOL I love how calm we all are now taking in the news.

In the fake leaks thread we had almost flipped. lol

We need to find something in the pics to freak out about. Was expecting at least someone to go berserk over the color of the hood, but so far nothing lol.

Dome500
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Man I sure wish this was during the Hundred Years War instead so it could at least NOT be 1700s+

Ugh. This is everything I didn't want: location AND time period. But again...dat city....

I am conflicted.

Just wait and see how it turns out.

Once we see first gameplay and hear about the story we will be able to judge better. Also, if and when I buy this game will depend on both Modern Day AND the exact setting and story..

We need to find something in the pics to freak out about. Was expecting at least someone to go berserk over the color of the hood, but so far nothing lol.

Because to be honest, there is nothing special about it.

A French/English setting will have a lot of similarities with Colonial America (like you can see from the pics), the protagonist looks like a mix of Edward and Connor in French clothes (btw. he looks indeed like that painting that was leaked a while ago) and the time period could be another Revolution :D With which we are also familiar. (Though it excites me that this time they could actually get the story and atmosphere right or rather better than AC3 in terms of revolution (you know what I'm talking about, weaknesses like Paul Reveres ride, or that the Boston Teaparty was a little bit "lame" (only MO) and that Connor was so shoehorned into every event as MAIN influence, etc... )

I just think we have been with the series for so long, it is like Bob said, an Asian or African, or Arabian setting (I know AC1 was in that area, but AC1 was pretty linear and didn't have much to do since it was the first of the series, plus it didn't have those graphics) might have really surprised and excited us, but a European Industrial setting is kind of what we are used to, and therefore nothing you would now TOTALLY flip. Now if the leak would actually contain proof for a better combat or stealth system or had something the series hasn't see before, then people might have been excited. But so far we only saw a few pics, we don't know more.

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:18 PM
the assassin looks so small ! It looks like a dude but then again his legs are so small I wouldn't be surprised if it was a girl.

What if it's a girl disguised as a man ? Like Jeanne D'arc ?

Wolfmeister101
That leak really scared them, didn't it? A leak AND a reveal in the same night? lol. This is definitely controlled.

So how many hours from now realistically do you guys think until the announcement?

Oh and @silvermercy don't you care that I was banned forever??? Lol.

lothario-da-be
This is so early built people, stop complaining about anything at this point please.

lothario-da-be
03-19-2014, 07:20 PM
So how many hours from now realistically do you guys think until the announcement?

Probably tomorrow 18:00 CET.

pirate1802
Hope there will be more than one city though, don't want another Brotherhood/Revelations type spinoff featuring only Paris.

Also they confirmed tomorrow's announcement?

Sushiglutton

I am conflicted.

Come on, Paris is a fantastic city, one of the highlights of human civilization for sure. I have thought about boycotting every single AC game lol, but at the end of the day I'm just a sucker for this franchise even though it has about one million flaws.

andrew_m50
HIS name is Arnauld.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
You really want Connor as AC5 protagonist?

I don't.

No offense, it's just, I like it that we could get a new character. Though I don't mind a cameo of Connor. :)

Maybe not as the main, but share some screen time :)

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Hope there will be more than one city though, don't want another Brotherhood/Revelations type spinoff featuring only Paris.

Also they didn't confirm tomorrow's announcement right?

No, they have said something is coming, but not that it is AC related: https://www.facebook.com/Uplay.Ubisoft .

I think it's fifty-fifty really.

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 07:22 PM

I knew you would be fine! :) hehe....

ahaha! Shhhh.... shhh... don't mention it! LOL It's still early days!

Btw, I don't think that's a female in disguise. His name is Arno and I doubt they'd pull the same trick again as with James Kidd.
I think we all had gotten used to bulky Connor. lol (I hope he makes an appearance. It makes sense when you think about AC3 and that invitation).

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I like the color personally, I am not too happy that he doesn't seem to have a beaked hood though.

souNdwAve89
Looks like that French blogger that predicted AC3 and AC4's settings is right once again. Also that leak report on NeoGAF of someone on the train or airplane, lol.

pirate1802

Thats what Im thinking.

STDlyMcStudpants
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ejqhpkhsm7oa7dy5e2fq.png

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

Not impressed...does the new assassin even lift bro?
Look at those scrawny arms haha..is it a woman? :O

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:25 PM

He doesn't have to be buff to be an Assassin

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 07:26 PM

Lol you got something against women assassins? J.K. That's understandable, which is why I refuse to get on the hype train just yet :p

Dome500

Thats what Im thinking.

Yeah, me too

It's an early build. There is a high chance they changed robe and character design (think about the early build of Edward or Connor)

Also, maybe it IS a woman :D

Wolfmeister101
Maybe when they fix tye problem of me being banned for eternity they can also fix the problem of me not getting PMs.

Alright alright I will stop complaining about all this. Back on topic:

If all the rumors are true, then we get two cities, London and paris, we get Connor in some way, likely a cameo for a few missions..maybe like haytham was in AC3.

And for the last time..this was likely one of the first builds lol. Not only have they not begun to add details to the city in the pics..the city likely wasn't even complete in regard to amount of buildings. Seems pretty empty, and they wherein white boxing stage. Those pics were probably not even pre pre pre alpha.

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Maybe it's from a target footage video, like with ACIII with Connor in a different outfit.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Yayyy thanks Mr. Shade!!

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Maybe it's from a target footage video, like with ACIII with Connor in a different outfit.

Exactly. Different build entirely, not just outfit. The character in the poster looked significantly more beefed up.

luckyto
03-19-2014, 07:29 PM
One day, I would have loved to play an AC in this time period and location.

But the timing of it, after ACR, AC3 and AC4; I'm so sick of guns and post 1700s. I just really really want to go back to more ancient times, or at least, Crusade-era. China. India. Arabia. Egypt. Greece.

Kirokill
03-19-2014, 07:30 PM

I tell ya skin on bones people can still hurt though because their hands have very little flesh, direct bone attack.

souNdwAve89
Yeah, it's most likely an early build. They used Ezio's model for Connor when AC3 was in the early development stages. There was also that screenshot of Edward's Assassin robes on Connor in the AC4 loading screen.

Dome500
Exactly. Different build entirely, not just outfit. The character in the poster looked significantly more beefed up.

Slow down Wolf, you don'T wanna get banned again :D
(Just talking about how fast you post :) )

I tell ya skin on bones people can still hurt though because their hands have very little flesh, direct bone attack.

Also, if he is not so bulky, maybe he is better at Stealth ;)
On a side note: Altair wasn't a powerhouse either.

Layytez

Could be two characters again (I hope not)

JCH33T-
Maybe when they fix tye problem of me being banned for eternity they can also fix the problem of me not getting PMs.

Alright alright I will stop complaining about all this. Back on topic:

If all the rumors are true, then we get two cities, London and paris, we get Connor in some way, likely a cameo for a few missions..maybe like haytham was in AC3.

And for the last time..this was likely one of the first builds lol. Not only have they not begun to add details to the city in the pics..the city likely wasn't even complete in regard to amount of buildings. Seems pretty empty, and they wherein white boxing stage. Those pics were probably not even pre pre pre alpha.

Yeah, if it's the same assassin as on the wall at Ubisoft, which it most likely is, then he looks different on the picture on the wall than on these images, so it's likely his outfit has changed and likely many other things will be much much more detailed, especially if it's a current-gen only title

xryanx28
03-19-2014, 07:31 PM

haha i said that on page 10

STDlyMcStudpants
03-19-2014, 07:31 PM
If you refer to the 'leaks' thread, a week or 2 ago my dream predicted a woman assassins in paris, but with blonde hair and light robes haha right now Im 1-1 with 2/4 unknown haha

Dome500
03-19-2014, 07:35 PM
but with blonde hair and light robes

Sure that wasn't a AC-overdose-induced dream of yours after you played a 24 hours AC-marathon ? ;D :D

But seriously.... wouldn't that kind of be a conflict of interest?

Honestly, I like female characters in video games, but if they have "light robes" or similar clothing I just can't concentrate on the person. I don't take them seriously then.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
This is so early built people, stop complaining about anything at this point please.

I can complain about the setting and probable time period because that won't change at this point.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Sure that wasn't a AC-overdose-induced dream of yours after you played a 24 hours AC-marathon ? ;D :D

But seriously.... wouldn't that kind of be a conflict of interest?

Honestly, I like female characters in video games, but if they have "light robes" or similar clothing I just can't concentrate on the person. I don't take them seriously then.

Light means pure..I dont want a ****ty assassin haha also instead of red trimming it was almost a pink..not quite..but almost

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Who wants to play a stupid girl in AC. Girls are freakin dumb

Layytez
03-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Nope I tried can't get hype for France or London. This is current gen right ? I'll borrow it and last gen through some *methods*.

ACfan443
03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
That classic AC architecture, Havana was nice but this feels like a true AC city - grand, dense, and tall with impressive monuments.

Looks a little rough around the edges, but that will undoubtedly improve.

Wolfmeister1010
03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Nope I tried can't get hype for France or London. This is current gen right ? I'll borrow it and last gen through some *methods*.

This. Is. EXTREMELY EARLY BUILD. CROSS GEN. CIT NOT EVEN COMPLETE IN THE PICS>

souNdwAve89
03-19-2014, 07:41 PM
I really doubt they would keep the cities like in those screenshots. Just be patient, y'all

STDlyMcStudpants

Luckily past gen get to play connor :P

Layytez

I study game design, I don't care how it looks right now. It's the location that bothers me.

Dome500

You mad bro?

I like strong female characters. Shows that agility and intelligence can achieve the same as muscle can.
We had only male characters so far. I really wouldn't mind a female one.

xryanx28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncuY4wLaA8

Dome500
03-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Wow, 14 pages in less than an hour.

This is SO getting 30 pages until the end of the day, or at least until the evening tomorrow.

dxsxhxcx
03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
the 2nd and 5th pictures reminded me of Fable 3... :p

...and those robes sucks! :p

Radman500
03-19-2014, 07:46 PM
what race is Arno?

xryanx28
03-19-2014, 07:47 PM
what race is Arno?

elvish

overdidd
About damn time! Finally, some new assassin's creed sweetness straight out of Ubisoft Heavens.

andrew_m50
what race is Arno?
Arnauld.

Radman500
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ACUnity6-1024x637.png
he looks to be half african origin

what did the poster look like for him

souNdwAve89
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
elvish

I could have sworn he was an Orc.

Layytez
03-19-2014, 07:50 PM
he looks to be half african origin

what did the poster look like for him

Half African ? You can barely see his face.

Rugterwyper32
France truly would be an interesting location. Pretty certain it'll be the French Rev., too. Hopefully with more cities other than just Paris, maybe Lyon, Verdun or Marseille. And Versailles definitely should be there if it's indeed the French Rev.
Would certainly have preferred the Hundred Years' War and have Orleans and Reims there, but you can't have it all.

ACfan443
You mad bro?

I like strong female characters. Shows that agility and intelligence can achieve the same as muscle can.
We had only male characters so far. I really wouldn't mind a female one.

Wolf's female, and that comment was sarcastic

LatinaC09
Finally! I've only been stalking these forums for weeks looking for a leak lol. This is always an exciting time of the year for AC!

rprkjj
03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
The third pic shows the door to the building open. The building looks too much like a monument for it to just be a regular passthrough. The buildingsmake me excited to climb again, and if they've truly overhauled freerunning to make it more complex a maneuver then I'm excited.

Radman500
03-19-2014, 07:52 PM
http://media.t3.com/img/resized/as/xl_Assassins-Creed-V-Poster-Leak-624.jpg

this is arnauld

he is pretty much half-African origin

Crouching.Tiger
03-19-2014, 07:52 PM
YES! Europe rocks! The eighteenth century rocks! This'll be truly awe-full and gay, positively arousing, a veritable orgy of joy!

What are you, ten?

killzab
03-19-2014, 07:53 PM
http://media.t3.com/img/resized/as/xl_Assassins-Creed-V-Poster-Leak-624.jpg

this is arnauld

What ?

Rugterwyper32
03-19-2014, 07:53 PM
I could have sworn he was an Orc.

Orcs (Orsimer) in Elder Scrolls lore are also Mer, same as High Elves (Altmer), Dark Elves (Dunmer) and Wood Elves (Bosmer), so it's fair to say it ends up the same in the end if you see it that way.

xryanx28
03-19-2014, 07:54 PM
YES! Europe rocks! The eighteenth century rocks! This'll be truly awe-full and gay, positively arousing, a veritable orgy of joy!

did you really type that?

Radman500
03-19-2014, 07:57 PM
What ?
are you saying he is white

pirate1802
^haha

GunnerGalactico
Kinda hoping it was France.. I'm really psyched about it right now :p

Sushiglutton
this is arnauld

How do you see that? Not saying you are wrong, but I've zoomed in 500% and I really can't see what nationality he is at all.

Layytez
03-19-2014, 07:58 PM

....he could be purple and I wouldn't be able to tell.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
What's up with the interface? This must obviously be a prototype...

killzab
03-19-2014, 08:00 PM
A black guy during the french rev wouldn't make sense.

overdidd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyu2jAD6sdo

didn't expect that ey ?

ACfan443
Original leak from neogaf poster:

"main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo."

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png

Looks like that controlled leak was accurate.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:01 PM
A black guy during the french rev wouldn't make sense.

How wouldn't it?

killzab
03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
How wouldn't it?

Because history !

There weren't too many black people in Paris in the 18th century.

Crouching.Tiger
03-19-2014, 08:03 PM
did you really type that?

"Yes!" Crouching.Tiger ejacuIated, incontinent with felicity.

Layytez
His jawline and nose look caucasian.

ArabianFrost
Wait a second there, the Ubisoft fanpage says that Uplay has an announcement tomorrow.

What's happening tomorrow is probably about uplay and less about AC.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Because history !

There weren't too many black people in Paris in the 18th century.

I suppose that what you say is slightly true, but I wouldn't say that because of it reduces any chance of the protagonist being black.

D51-ClaudioACSy
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhI'm sooooo happy

pirate1802
03-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Wait a second there, the Ubisoft fanpage says that Uplay has an announcement tomorrow.

What's happening tomorrow is probably about uplay and less about AC.

Yup. Won't get excited for nothing.

killzab
I suppose that what you say is slightly true, but I wouldn't say that because of it reduces any chance of the protagonist being black.

Slightly true ? I am French, I'd know.

And it would be random and wouldn't add anything to the context. The revolution was not about slavery.

Radman500
His jawline and nose look caucasian.
what about the poster

souNdwAve89
03-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Original leak from neogaf poster:

"main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo."

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png

Also the French blogger too.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Why're the textures so low? :P

ACfan443
03-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Also the French blogger too.

The French blogger used the initial gaf story as a reference for his own article I believe.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Slightly true ? I am French, I'd know.

And it would be random and wouldn't add anything to the context. The revolution was not about slavery.

Whatever you say or the internet says must be true then. I'm not saying anything...

MnemonicSyntax
03-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Good Lord, everyone getting worked up over some leaked (read: LEAKED) photos.

These aren't even supposed to be seen by the public. Most of the assets here, are just placeholders for now.

GunnerGalactico
03-19-2014, 08:09 PM

Actually it is plausible that black people were living in France during the 18th century, they could've originated from North Africa. I also kinda agree with killzab because there weren't a lot black people living in Paris at that time.

souNdwAve89
The French blogger used the initial gaf story as a reference for his own article I believe.

Did it? I was under the impression that the blog's post was much earlier than that NeoGAF thread. MAYBE THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON?! lol

killzab

No, he announced it WAAAAAAYYYY earlier

Radman500
03-19-2014, 08:10 PM
the poster of Arno looks caucasina, and plus arno is a germanic name

souNdwAve89
03-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Good Lord, everyone getting worked up over some leaked (read: LEAKED) photos.

These aren't even supposed to be seen by the public. Most of the assets here, are just placeholders for now.

THIS. But there is a chance that Ubisoft leaked some of it for giggles anyways. I mean, AC3 and AC4 leaked around the same time. We were quite spoiled with AC4's leaks because of the pre order poster from GameStop, map of the Caribbean, and even a CGI trailer. Regardless, people are always quick to judge from an early build of the game. There is still a while until its release.

andrew_m50
03-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes, he just hasn't heard the assassin's name well.
He said Arno, but it is Arnauld correctly.

ACfan443
03-19-2014, 08:13 PM
No, he announced it WAAAAAAYYYY earlier

Did it? I was under the impression that the blog's post was much earlier than that NeoGAF thread. MAYBE THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON?! lol

Apologies, I misunderstood (confused it with a more recent blog) - didn't the French blogger only leak the codename 'Unity', not all the details mentioned in the Gaf story?

killzab
03-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Yes, he just hasn't heard the assassin's name well.
He said Arno, but it is Arnauld correctly.

Well it is pronounced exactly the same.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:15 PM

What's happening tomorrow is probably about uplay and less about AC..

andrew_m50
03-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Well it is pronounced exactly the same.
Yeah, I wanted to say that the source didn't know how to write "Arno" correctly in French. :o
Anyway, he was right.

Perk89
03-19-2014, 08:17 PM
3 Things:

-The !8th Century is now indeed a trilogy in the AC-verse.
-Desmond has an ancestor who fought in the French Revolution, so he's still in play.
-The robes are very meh.

MnemonicSyntax
03-19-2014, 08:18 PM

Not necessarily. While highly possible and I tend to agree, the reveal could be "ACV" and is using Uplay as a broad blanket to prevent people who are not us (read, casuals) from correctly guessing what the reveal could possibly be.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:18 PM
3 Things:

-The !8th Century is now indeed a trilogy in the AC-verse.
-Desmond has an ancestor who fought in the French Revolution, so he's still in play.
-The robes are very meh.

Indeed. :/

MnemonicSyntax
03-19-2014, 08:19 PM
And they're also currently a placeholder in-game.

jayjay275
03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Not necessarily. While highly possible and I tend to agree, the reveal could be "ACV" and is using Uplay as a broad blanket to prevent people who are not us (read, casuals) from correctly guessing what the reveal could possibly be.

Well, we'll have to wait and see. ;)

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:22 PM
About the robes, I think I prefer the Ubi-stairs version (if that's real).

So some people think it takes place in Victorian era? Are we sure about that?

Perk89
03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Also very relieved it isn't some terrible location like asia or early egypt.

souNdwAve89
03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
No, we are not.

ArabianFrost
03-19-2014, 08:24 PM
About the robes, I think I prefer the Ubi-stairs version (if that's real).

So some people think it takes place in Victorian era? Are we sure about that?

You think England has even a fraction of that amount of sunlight?

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:25 PM
pfffff.... we haz our sunny dayz herez too! :(

(Maybe there will be a link with AC6 and England if we get this particular era in France. Can't believe I'm talking about AC6 now! O_o lmao)

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 08:27 PM

Victorian Era doesn't always correlate with England. Its a generic term for 1837-1901.

I'm still unsure, its obvious the screenshots are from a very early test. We don't know when it takes place, the Ubi Stair model is holding a Revolver but the screenshot has two pistols that look like they're from AC4. Its too hard to tell without confirmation because the screenshots are from so early in development.

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:30 PM
1. How are we certain this is France?
2. Are there any arguments against the authenticity of these pictures?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:32 PM

1. All statements being mentioned are just assumptions until official confirmation. IMO
2. I'm sure there are some people researching the pictures/story for themselves to prove it wrong, or right

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:33 PM
So far the fonts haven't appeared to cause a stir around here. So these leaks must be legit. lol

For now, I'm enjoying any leaks I get. ^^
By the way, "Where is Charles Leak!?" :p

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 08:34 PM

1) You can see Notre Dame in the bckground of pic 3 and 5:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xWq9weROtmc/T26CBZuxyoI/AAAAAAAAIM8/FdBavkAtyxE/s1600/1752718681-notre_dame.jpg

2) There are no arguments against their authenticity that I'm aware of.

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM
1. All statements being mentioned are just assumptions until official confirmation. IMO
2. I'm sure there are some people researching the pictures/story for themselves to prove it wrong, or right

1. Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't that be England, for example. Unless the cathedral on the background is Notre Damme (I have never been to Paris).
2. I invite anyone who has arguments against the authenticity of the screenshots, to post them, I want to read them.

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM
So much for industrial London though... lol

Crouching.Tiger
03-19-2014, 08:36 PM
So much for industrial London though... lol

Next game... next game...

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:36 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xWq9weROtmc/T26CBZuxyoI/AAAAAAAAIM8/FdBavkAtyxE/s1600/1752718681-notre_dame.jpg

But if this does turn out to be a fake leak, all I can say is…... damn they're good~! :eek:

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:37 PM
1) You can see Notre Dame in the bckground of pic 3 and 5
Excellent. Thanks, Sushi.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:37 PM
1. Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't that be England, for example. Unless the cathedral on the background is Notre Damme (I have never been to Paris).
2. I invite anyone who has arguments against the authenticity of the screenshots, to post them, I want to read them.

1: Yes it is Notre Dame:

2. Give it time to spread lol...

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Anyone seen the "Chair" teaser in the Uplay main facebook page? Do you believe the 2 are connected?

Shahkulu101
03-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Finally something concrete! I'm pretty excited, Paris has always been up there with one of the cities I've wanted to visit - virtually of course. ;)

^ @Silver, England might end up being the last-gen game.

Sushiglutton
03-19-2014, 08:39 PM
But if this does turn out to be a fake leak, all I can say is…... damn they're good~! :eek:

I think there's just no way they are fake. I mean writing a fake press release, or a fake loading screen/logo is one thing. Building all these 3D-enviroments and then leak them to Kotaku (aka they won't get any money) I just can't see happening.

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:39 PM
^ @Silver, England might end up being the last-gen game.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/3da955658cd841c20f2addd0c435cdcb/tumblr_inline_n2p5uiIV7V1r5keq3.gif

Rugterwyper32
03-19-2014, 08:40 PM
After seeing these leaks I had to compare it to the photos of my family trip to Europe back in 2006, more specifically (and obviously) the ones we had of Paris, and there's absolutely no doubt about that.
Man it's been 8 years already? Shocking.

Reptilis91
03-19-2014, 08:41 PM
The cut on the logo is supposed to make a guillotine, no ?

Shahkulu101
03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/3da955658cd841c20f2addd0c435cdcb/tumblr_inline_n2p5uiIV7V1r5keq3.gif

I'm afraid I don't understand this GIF.

AherasSTRG

Yes it is. But, Unity is supposed to be a codename only and not the actual name of the game.

silvermercy
I'm afraid I don't understand this GIF.
lol I meant I'd totally love it. ; )

I hope we get to guillotine a few Templars. :p Best weapon ever!

souNdwAve89
Next game... next game...

Yeah, did Yves say there is a possibility of 2 AC games in 2014?

killzab
03-19-2014, 08:43 PM

Lol you can't exactly carry a guillotine.

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, did Yves say there is a possibility of 2 AC games in 2014?

No, that was simply a rumor published by Analyst last December.

silvermercy
03-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Lol you can't exactly carry a guillotine.
They can make a portable one. :p

GunnerGalactico
03-19-2014, 08:45 PM

You mean we might get to witness Templars get guillotined :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I think there's just no way they are fake. I mean writing a fake press release, or a fake loading screen/logo is one thing. Building all these 3D-enviroments and then leak them to Kotaku (aka they won't get any money) I just can't see happening.

I know… I'm just saying in general lol…. tired of having my hype wasted in disappointing-seeking trolls :P

oliacr
it looks kinda rubbish

silvermercy

No No, I want to do it myself!!! :mad: :p

AherasSTRG

Judging by the stories of the previous Assassins, it is more probable that we will see Assassins get guillotined rather than Templars.

ACfan443
03-19-2014, 08:47 PM

Now THIS is the kind of architecture I've sorely missed since the release of the earlier games, Havana's cathedral came close, but this is on another level. Scaling this bad boy is going to be quite the experience. (That is, if those screens are indeed legit, which they certainly appear to be).

killzab
Guillotines might be a problem for the devs, AC's aren't exactly bloody. I thought Black Flag was too soft with violence and sex.

But the French Revolution was a blood bath.

Sushiglutton
They can make a portable one. :p

Maybe we can get a Guillotine cigar cutter at least ;):

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2011/09/12__10_48_28/Cigar Guillotine cutter and box classic scissors cutter.jpg19429296-0f62-4c4a-a432-1aa07b12e8cdLarge.jpg

AherasSTRG
it looks kinda rubbish

They are supposed to be early developement builds of the game.

GunnerGalactico
03-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Judging by the stories of the previous Assassins, it is more probable that we will see Assassins get guillotined rather than Templars.

That is true.. Assassins will probably die like martyrs

thewhitestig
03-19-2014, 08:49 PM
The Kotaku article said that the screenshots are from Unity which is the next gen game. Does the graphics seem kinda bad to you? Cause they certainly seem awful to me.

GunnerGalactico
03-19-2014, 08:50 PM
No No, I want to do it myself!!! :mad: :p

http://i.imgur.com/raFG9.jpg

Saw this on Mythbusters... it's called the Flying Guillotine.

You can decapitate your enemies from a distance.

Crouching.Tiger
03-19-2014, 08:51 PM
The Kotaku article said that the screenshots are from Unity which is the next gen game. Does the graphics seem kinda bad to you? Cause they certainly seem awful to me.

Yeah, it looks like a Playstation 2 game, so I guess we can be pretty sure that they will be very much improved until release.

Will_Lucky

As has been stated numerous times, this is a screenshot of a very early build. They have a team working on the engine side of things but they won't be integrated until they are ready. It will be much better when they start adding polish.

silvermercy
Maybe we can ha a Guillotine cigar cutter at least ;):

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2011/09/12__10_48_28/Cigar Guillotine cutter and box classic scissors cutter.jpg19429296-0f62-4c4a-a432-1aa07b12e8cdLarge.jpg

oohh I know these!! :eek: Tis genius!! *applause*

They can have finger cutting missions. You cut 10 fingers you unlock a cheat. 100 fingers and you get a golden glove. 200 and you get "Ze Goldfinger" achievement etc.. :p.

Sushiglutton

Really early build. As Farlander pointed out: Look at the second pic, above the fountain. There is a white box as a placeholder for a building (also note the red and blue areas). So these pics say very little about the final quality.

oohh I know these!! :eek: Tis genius!! *applause*

They can have finger cutting missions. You cut 10 fingers you unlock a cheat. 100 fingers and you get a golden glove. 200 and you get "Ze Goldfinger" achievement etc.. :p.

Lol love it, they should let you do all the achievements :D!

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
They are supposed to be early build screenshots. You know, when they test the mechanics and everything looks like ****. If you had ever done any alpha testing for a video game, you 'd know what I am talking about :p .
Assuming they are real of course.

ze_topazio
03-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Current gen game will have three parts, one will be about Haytham visiting Istanbul to save his sister, the other will be about Giovanni fooling around in Florence and the other will be about Altair's younger son killing Templars in Jerusalem, you heard it here first.

Goxxi
03-19-2014, 08:54 PM
What do U think guys If this game is set during the French Revolution ( but is almost certanly It does) , does Louis XVI is going to be ally or enemy , I think It will have a similar role like Lorenzo de Medici in AC2, Maximilien Robespierre is most probably a Templar (and maybe even a main antagonist of the game)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:54 PM
No, that was simply a rumor published by Analyst last December.

There was also a statement via Kotaku article that they were supposedly working on THREE AC titles, and this was AFTER ACIII, ACIVBF and ACL.

Will_Lucky
03-19-2014, 08:55 PM
There was also a statement via Kotaku article that they were supposedly working on THREE AC titles, and this was AFTER ACIII, ACIVBF and ACL.

The games are on Three Year Cycles, of course they have three in production.

Reptilis91
03-19-2014, 08:56 PM
I remember the first screenshots of AC3, it was awful

http://i.imgur.com/0t3yAn0.jpg

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-19-2014, 08:56 PM
Also very relieved it isn't some terrible location like asia or early egypt.

Nice trolling ;)

AherasSTRG
03-19-2014, 08:57 PM

Kill it! Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!!

breakdownthewall
I now have my first legitimate reason to get a PS4.

GunnerGalactico

It was also rumoured that 2 AC titles will be made for previous consoles ie: PS3, Xbox 360

silvermercy

^ The guy's head on the right... It was hilarious! haha

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2014, 08:58 PM

Thank God they fixed that lol

Shahkulu101
03-19-2014, 08:59 PM
^ The guy's head on the right... It was hilarious! haha