PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 4 save concern

dangerdan009inc
03-19-2014, 05:50 PM
This is smth thats really bothering me: Can my save accidentaly be replaced by another save from a different account that belongs to somebody else???!?

rcole_sooner
03-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Nope. AFAIK the save files are account specific.

However, it is always a good idea to backup your save files.

I just copy mine to another directory every so often, so if something does happen, I don't have to start completely over.

dangerdan009inc
03-19-2014, 07:00 PM
ok but is it possinle for Ubisoft or Uplay workers to replace my save with a save from a different account or is it possible for Uplay workers to somehow do/control my save and mess smth up???

rcole_sooner
03-19-2014, 07:33 PM
No.

It is my understanding that the cloud sync/save to ubisoft is not even working with AC4. Which is why I was saying that backing up your save files is a good idea.

It is possible that your save file can be corrupted, but not intentionally by anyone. Usually this happens from a crash or powering off during a save.

Is your save file corrupt? Are you having save file issues?

dangerdan009inc
03-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Ok but maybe uplay/ubisoft workers eraced or did smth to my save accidentally!!!
So are u saying that my save wasn't replaced with another by someone(which is what's concerning me) and that my save was just gone partially cuz of the save file corruption or it didnt save a part of my game??
Please answer and sorry 4 the annoyance, i'm just really worried cuz if my concern is true, the i've basically worked for nothing:(

rcole_sooner
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
If your save file is corrupt ... which is sounds like .... and you did not do a manual backup .... then nothing is saved .... you have to start over.

And no one did it to you .... it just happens. This is why I do manual backups ... on my PC and on my console. Even games that Steam syncs, I sync to multiple PCs to have backups.

This is to the best of my knowledge .... if anyone else knows different ... they should stop in here and tell us.

dangerdan009inc
03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Again i'm ok with losing some gameplay but i'm not ok with getting my save replaced if thats what actually happened

rcole_sooner
03-21-2014, 06:14 PM
...sigh...

dangerdan009inc
04-11-2014, 05:06 PM
@Rcole_sconer
Hey man one more question. I found out that its not about the ubisoft, its actually that only the games that use StamWorksAPI have saves that can be used in different accounts. Is it true??:)

luciusnetheril
04-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Congrats to our little troll! He broke the moderator and won the first prize!...Ban...Please?

dangerdan009inc
04-11-2014, 06:41 PM
No can somebody please ban him??? I swear I'm not trolling!! Why id this clown following me anyways??Just stop,you are pissing me off!!!

KmarkoPL
04-11-2014, 06:58 PM
No can somebody please ban him??? I swear I'm not trolling!! Why id this clown following me anyways??Just stop,you are pissing me off!!!

The only person who should be banned is you ! You got your answers already , but still you ask the same question !
Also you using bad language , witch is reason enough to be banned !!

You been already warned by Black_Widow9 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/995066-Black_Widow9) , and you still spamming !

dangerdan009inc
04-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Ok at first i was spamming, I'm sorry. But i'm not anymore! I'm asking a different question!! Please, have a heart!:)

KmarkoPL
04-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok at first i was spamming, I'm sorry. But i'm not anymore! I'm asking a different question!! Please, have a heart!:)

The answer you already got it from Mr_Shade (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/304536-Mr_Shade) in your other thread !

dangerdan009inc
04-11-2014, 09:16 PM
i did not get an answer!!

luciusnetheril
04-12-2014, 11:35 AM
But you did! He basically told told you to stop trolling, in a VERY polite way(at least that was how I interpreted it.)