PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - What do I do with all this money?!

tiffys
03-17-2014, 06:27 PM
In short, I have all of the ship upgrades including the elites and I've bought all the upgrades for Grand Inangua or whatever, and have the best sword/pistol sets available... My entire Kenway Fleet are Man o' War ships. I'm actually working on upgrading them to 20 or 30 speed ones from 9 speed ones. And anyways, I have over 100,000R and no idea what to do with it.

Is there anything else I can spend it on or am I just going to watch my money go up from here on?

AlyoshaCephas
03-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you play with similar pace and priorities as I do, and in games like Assassin's Creed you're typically going to be overflowing with cash if you don't rush through the story missions. It's always been my impression that when there is a relatively significant income system built into a game it is made for someone who will do about 50% of the side missions but will want all of the upgrades. If you're patient, though, and pay attention to the income portion of the game, you're going to have "too much".

In short: there's really not anything else to do with it but buy everything and never loot another body save for quest items.

tiffys
03-17-2014, 09:07 PM
hah, yeah... As soon as I got the Jackdaw I completely forgot it was even an Assassin's Creed game and went pretty hardcore into simulating life as a pirate... I always did want to play a game that let me be a pirate.

The best way to get cash really fast and to get man o' war ships is to go down to the bottom left of the map right by one of the great white spawns and there will almost always be some man o' war ships fighting one another there, along with the rest of a fleet on one or both sides, and they patrol through the areas pretty periodically so you can just keep doing it. The plan? Wait until they engage then gank one of the man o' war ships, board it, and take it for yourself. :D

Another good spot is the one where the 4R convoy always goes down by the shipwreck at the bottom left corner. That one's a lot easier since it's just 1 frigate then a few brigs or just a brig and some schooners.

tunnelcat
03-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah, that's what I do. I find a group of ships slugging it out, wait until one of the big ones gets pretty beat up, then charge in and take the prize for myself. Also, during storms, ships will get damaged and disabled by waves and waterspouts, so you can easily scoop up lots of booty trolling around in storms too. It's also fun attacking the big ships in a bad storm too. Let those rogue waves and water spouts do some major damage for you. Plus, it seems they have a harder time hitting back at your ship during a storm.