PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 5 - 25 Things Fans Want!

Assplorer_
03-17-2014, 05:56 AM
So do you agree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGkKzfnVSw

Fatal-Feit
03-17-2014, 06:14 AM
Not with 17.

LoyalACFan
03-17-2014, 08:15 AM
3. Not interested in MP of any kind, but whatever
6. Only if they've been completely revamped, AC horses have always been embarrassingly bad.
13. Underwater missions would be stupid unless we got another naval-based game, which I don't want.
14. No way, we need to keep a linear story. To do otherwise would completely undermine the concept of the Animus.
25. I hate when content is withheld from launch just so it can be release later, so free updates are whatever.

Everything else is an obvious yes. Especially 24, although I thought AC4 did a reasonable job of balancing the legendary pirates' presence in the story. Only Anne and Jack felt underutilized IMO, but that was probably because of the cut sequence rather than bad writing.

Consus_E
03-17-2014, 08:31 AM
1. I would prefer denser cities rather than simply larger playgrounds. AC3 had the largest locations in the entire franchise but they felt empty. I think Constantinople is the closest ideal city size and density.
2. Unlikely... But more customization is always welcome.
3. Maybe... Though I feel like integrating stealth and navigation into an open world multiplayer could be difficult.
4. So seamless travel? I don't know, while it might be nice to have seamless movement between city/frontier environments I think it might detract slightly from the atmosphere of the individual environments, plus the technological limitations.
5. We already had "challenges" in AC3 so... But I can agree that it could be improved upon, I was really disappointed that they removed pelt damage from AC4 IMO it added a lot of depth.
6. Really?! Ubi has never done horses right! If anything it should be "Ubi fix the freaking horses and then bring them back!"
7. Sure... Though I'd rather have a better combat system...
8. Depends on the buildings but sure. I certainly think important landmarks should have interiors but feel like fully accessible buildings would be weird.
9. Like Tombs from AC2/AC:B? YES PLEASE!
10. I actually think they should skip the origin for the next AC game, and give us a pre established character (like Jun, Adewale, Aveline, Connor, ect.)
11. Yes please! Although I would rather they focus on social stealth more than anything. Maybe they could bring back the original crouching that AC4 had where Edward would stay crouched for a short time after leaving stalking zones.
12. A bit vague but sure...
13. YES!
14. Well because of the way the animus works I don't think we'll see any sort of narrative decision making... Unless they remove the modern day elements and make the game entirely historical (which I would be against).
15. Sure though AC already has interactive environments, the entire climbing system is interacting with the environment...
16. Why not...
Not with 17.
18. So a good historical setting? OK...
19. The problem with this is that AC is a yearly franchise and thus the games life is about 365 days, then they move on to the next game.
20. I like how you chose a picture of ACB when asking for "better story" lol. Of course better writing is always welcome.
21. In a perfect world yes...
22. Of course...
23. Definitely want open ended mission design!
24. Indeed!
25. Lol in a perfect world...

Aphex_Tim
03-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Most of these seem completely subjective. I actually don't agree with most of these since we either already have them, would be completely unnecessary, or they would make no sense in-, or undermine the the entire concept of AC.

Dome500
03-17-2014, 03:49 PM
1. Like said above, I think more density and atmosphere would do all the trick. I don't need the game to be bigger than AC3.
2. New outfits are always awesome. Maybe not 30 - 40, but at least 15 - 20 would be cool. I would be okay with 10 if we would be able to change the colors of all the outfits as well.
3. Sounds like a good idea, though Idk if that works with the technical aspect of the game and what "activities" to do, etc. So yes, but only if sp is not influenced in any way and if it does not draw away too many resources from sp.
4. Not sure what he means with that.... cultural diversity is always good though. And "more than one city" is a must IMO.
5. Why not... but please make the QTE's for animals attacking you CONSISTENT. I think AC4 made that better than AC3, I'm not sure though (I'm not the hunting type, so I didn't use it much in AC4)
6. Yes, if it fits the environment. I know people think horses are "broken". Idk what you mean, I was always okay with them. And it's not like they are SO important after all...
7. Why not... though I would prefer an improvement of the combat system (tweaked AC3/4 combat with more damage from enemies, less health, more archetypes, more actions (like dodging freely) and a separate health and armor bar (armor has to be repaired after being destroyed (though one can also play without armor))
8. Yes, but only if those buildings have something interesting in them and if most of the interiors have the size of the AC3 opera house in the beginning. Everything smaller is just not worth it and would not make for good Stealth and gameplay possibilities. And if there is no gameplay or interaction in there we actually don't need building interiors.
9.Always
10. Well.... I don't need a Connor-like Origin Story (childhood, etc.) I don't mind being introduced to the protagonist in his late 10s or early 20s. Enough room to make an "origin" story, give me some context (where does he comes from? who are his parents? anything special happened in his life?) through dialogue and I am fine.
11. ABSOLUTELY. Manual crouch button, crouch-cover, corner-cover, and in general an improved A.I. and improves Stealth system. Stealth needs a bigger place, more variety and more support in the franchise. (not the only route, but it should be fully supported with both a proper NORMAL (LoS-)Stealth system and a Social Stealth system.
12. A little bit vague, but sure
13. If they can include it in a meaningful way, and only then
14. Nope, the concept of the animus doesn't really allow for that. It's history and not a simulation.
15. Agreed. I know climbing is interactive, but making use of more environmental aspects would be cool. AC4 already started that by establishing more hiding spots and stuff like that.
16. Not so important, but sure
17. ABSOLUTELY. Seriously, AC4 did the worst job in the whole franchise in terms of modern day (what do you mean with "not with 17"? You mean without Desmond? That's obvious I think)
18. Again vague, but yeah.
19. If they are like FC, yes. If they are like the King Washington story, meh... Well I suppose I'm okay with it, at least I do not miss anything if I do not buy the DLC since it play in an alternate universe
20. That's highly subjective, but yes, basically we want that every time :)
21. Maybe not all (I don't think this is possible), but they should have a unique structure and context and there shouldn't be similar missions directly one after another so it doesn't get boring
22. Meh.... graphics are overrated IMO.
23. ABSOLUTELY. 100% agreed. Multiple ways to fulfill missions, less restrictiveness and more freedom. (and please get rid of (stay in proximity to character X or desynchronization, I hated that. Just let the character follow ME not the other way around, that way I can still do stuff along the way if I want to)
24. Let's say it that way: Not all historical characters should always be FRIENDS with the protagonist. It's okay if he meets some of them shortly, others he knows better, but we don't need a personal relationship all the time. A good way to still introduce historical figures with a personal relationship might be like in AC2, where one of the friends/allies you have knows that historical character and just met him when you want something from him and introduces him to you shortly at that occasion. ("Oh Haytham, where are my manners, this is my friend, Benjamin Franklin" Haytham: "Pleased to meet you", etc) Nothing personal, but you still exchange a few words with that person. buttom line: Not ALL characters have to be friends, allies or enemies with your protagonist. It's only important that you meet them shortly and get an impression of how they were, how they behaved and spoke, what kind of person they were.
25.Meh.... If they are really not able to finish 1 or 2 extras before release and they want to give it to us as free download of a few MB I don't mind. But please no Disk Locked Content.

oliacr
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
agreed with the most..

mou119
03-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I hated the underwater missions, good thing they were optional in IV (unless you wanted the upgrades)...

GunnerGalactico
03-17-2014, 08:21 PM
I disagree with 14.. that might lead to alternate endings. When you are inside the Animus, you are witnessing the memory play out - you don't get to decide the outcome and the consequences of your actions.

Aphex_Tim
03-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Also, what is the "what fans want" based on? Seems to me this is just what the creator of this video wants.

phoenix-force411
03-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Please, no more outfits. I hardly use them. I only use the original outfit, or two other outfits.

Dome500
03-17-2014, 11:00 PM
Please, no more outfits. I hardly use them. I only use the original outfit, or two other outfits.

A lot of people enjoy them.

I never understood why people want parts of a game which are optional removed or not in the next game just because they personally don'T use them, even if a lot of other people are enjoying them.

Anyway.

How about "Please no ridiculous outfits". I like a lot, really, but Edward the Legend? IMO it didn't look good.... Anyway.
If someone things otherwise, sorry. I mean one might wear it once for the lulz, but aside from that most other outfits look cooler and more stylish.

phoenix-force411
03-17-2014, 11:03 PM
#14 wouldn't work, maybe if they ended the Desmond universe, and focused on Assassins' lives that doesn't involve someone going into an Animus, then it may work.
#21 There's only so much you can do, maybe some repetitive missions there and there but put something new at least. But yeah, definitely needs variety.

phoenix-force411
03-17-2014, 11:05 PM
A lot of people enjoy them.

I never understood why people want parts of a game which are optional removed or not in the next game just because they personally don'T use them, even if a lot of other people are enjoying them.

Anyway.

How about "Please no ridiculous outfits". I like a lot, really, but Edward the Legend? IMO it didn't look good.... Anyway.
If someone things otherwise, sorry. I mean one might wear it once for the lulz, but aside from that most other outfits look cooler and more stylish.

I have a lot of outfits, but most people would agree that they don't use all of the outfits apart from 5 or less that they actually do use, but there's always that one outfit that they will always return to. ACIV had way too many outfits that it made some other outfits unnecessary. If most or all can at least look different, I may not mind.

Dome500
03-17-2014, 11:15 PM
I have a lot of outfits, but most people would agree that they don't use all of the outfits apart from 5 or less that they actually do use, but there's always that one outfit that they will always return to. ACIV had way too many outfits that it made some other outfits unnecessary. If most or all can at least look different, I may not mind.

Okay agreed. If you make an outfit, it should look cool, partially authentic AND unique.

I'd absolutely LOVE to have the ability to dye all of my outfits in different colors btw.
That would be a good visual addition IMO.

luckyto
03-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Some of those are interesting... but really, I just want revitalized AI and fine-tuned combat. That's it.