PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Book Club Read References.

avk111
03-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Good day everyone,

As you know the video game title has enabled us to discover new philosophies and resurrect ideas from human history that were concrete foundation to many concepts that
were present in books , novels , and publications.

I thought it would be really interesting to read these books and discover your aspects and perception on each book you read as you discover the idea that resides behind the author's tale. Also as my knowledge is very small I would like members to add books that have the same deep rooted ideas that we see with this fascinating game.

Im going to start first by posting the books I have come accross during my journey with Assassin's Creed universe.

1- "Brave New World" By Aldous Huxley: This book really emphasized the true phrase of social conditioning , do we really own our thoughts or are we really just conditioned to think the way we do by a higher authority thinking that it is best for all of us to look towards this direction

2- " 1984" by George Orwell: Unfortunely I have read "Brave New World" before this masterpiece by George Orwell, none the less this book really establishes the foundation of a undesirable social control by the government and social authorities. The story of the protagonist throughout the book is very fascinating I highly recommended it.

Please add more books and a short description about each with some of your comments.

Thank you