PDA

View Full Version : In A Perfect World

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Assassin's Creed III Reboot coming soon!

-Explore the early colonies in this next gen port, with updated graphics, textures, draw distance, and physics fitting the next gen label!

-Enjoy revised combat, stealth, and AI mechanics! Utilize Connor's arsenal with new proficiency with a dynamic free-aiming system to add realism to combat and hunting, and enjoy new mechanics with the rope-dart, like using it to pull in an enemy for a human shield, or using it as a stealth takedown weapon on the ground! Feel like a true predator with new crouching mechanics.

-Roam an open world filled to the brim with things to do! Help citizens at a moment's notice with the new dynamic encounters system! Help a woman who has just been robbed! Come across a firefight between redcoats and patriots while exploring the wild open frontier! Start a bar fight in a tavern! The world is filled completely with non scripted events, migrating soldier camps, enemy warehouses to raid, and side missions to complete. Explore a new, denser frontier filled with more trees, more enemies, more events, and more camps!

-Watch the world around you evolve! Lakes freeze over in the winter, but are navigable by canoe in the summer. Army camps migrate and change.

-Enjoy revisions to the homestead system, allowing for more customization, and a more fluid crafting/trading system! New and improved renovation system! Make the dirt roads paved with stone, upgrade the port to make a more suitable home for the Aquila, build more houses to attract more visitors to creat a town of your own!

-Immerse yourself in the war, with enemies now able to take back liberated forts and districts!

-play through a revised campaign, with revised mission structure to mirror the new and improved gameplay mechanics, with there now being multiple paths and ways to complete each and every mission. Enjoy several new missions that further advance the story of the hero, Connor, and the advancement and state of his Mohawk village.

-Explore the open seas with dozens of new naval missions and locations!

-customize Connor with a plethora of new outfits and weapons!

-Enjoy revamped side missions, now with actual rewards and better gameplay.

-navigate the world with new and improved horse mechanics, and watch in awe as the ecosystem around you lives and breaths with over a dozen new animal species!

-Further immerse yourself in the world with atmospheric ambient background music!

-Watch the world react to YOU with new and revised social stealth and notoriety mechanics!

-Rebuild the brotherhood with a new, revised, stabilized recruit system, which includes more missions, stabilized commands and mechanics, assassin contract missions, and an assassin HQ next to your manor where you can monitor the brotherhood.

-Use the world to your advantage with a more fluid hunting system, and a deeper, more immersive economy system.

-Enjoy the next gen with a huge open world free of loading screens between cities and the frontier.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Orgasmic isn't it.

Aphex_Tim
03-15-2014, 11:07 PM
I would play the sh*t out of it.
Then again, If we got just an upgraded version (better visuals and performance) on next gen, I would play the sh*t out of it as well.

Wolfmeister1010
03-15-2014, 11:11 PM
In all complete honesty, if they said this year that they were not releasing a new AC, and were instead working hard to make it better and release it next year, but that they were releasing an AC3 reboot this year..I would be TOTALLY fine with it. I would be ecstatic, even.

ze_topazio
03-15-2014, 11:37 PM
In a perfect world I would be graced with an AC game set in Portugal covering 900 years of history and featuring every single city and village and a frontier area covering the entirety of the country, the entire Greek national football team of 2004 would be targets, I would be a target too and to kill me would require extreme scenes of torture, in the end the actual assassination would be similar to God of War 3 final boss, punching me to death in first person view.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-15-2014, 11:40 PM
If they did remake AC3 and fixed any problems they had with it, I would sooooo play the sh*t out of it. That might definitely win back some naysayers who hated the game mostly because of those problems amongst other things... *hint hint Ubisoft*

dxsxhxcx
03-15-2014, 11:47 PM
what would be the point in break the cycle of yearly releases in order to make the next (unique) game better if half of the team would still need to focus on this remake? IMO a delay like this would be pointless, or Ubisoft delays the game and put ALL their efforts into making the next one better or don't even bother delaying it, parallel development harms this franchise as much as the yearly releases..

mou119
03-15-2014, 11:51 PM
In a perfect world, the PC version of the next AC game would be properly adapted to mouse and keyboard with the original freerunning mechanics...

I-Like-Pie45
03-16-2014, 12:14 AM
wolfmeister you forgot the following:

-three sequences worth of modern day missions as Desmond takes on the Templars in DX:HR-esque hubs of NYC, Rio de Janeiro, and Rome.
-Desmond can meet Nolan North and Corey May as an easter egg in the new modern day.
-Daniel Cross and Warren Vidic are given satisfying deaths
-more optional conversations. now Connor can visit his father in between their first meeting and Haytham's death to try and bond, and horribly fail. He can also visit some other people like Achilles, Sam Adams, and Benjamin Franklin (the poor bastard will finally get his almanac pages returned) to talk about stuff as well.
-TOKW is integrated into the main storyline after completion as Sequence 13, along with the all-new Sequences 14-16.
-Paul Revere's Midnight Ride and The Angry Chef are removed from the game and are replaced by the Great Fire of New York, the Crossing of the Delaware, and the Battle of Saratoga plus a new cool recruit to replace that stupid Canadian.
-the option to return to New York post-game and acquire Haytham's journal upon which new "Forsaken" missions can be played. Upon the conclusion of these missions, Connor will finally say his cut compromise.
-improvised weaponry: like the ability to pick up kitty cats and throw them at people
-become an executioner of the malformed children (well, up to a number due to system mechanics) thanks to a few adjustments to the Animus regarding civilians

So, 2014. Will it be Assassin's Creed 5, Raymond's creation, or Assassin's Creed 3, Hutchinson's creation? Our beloved monsters. Enjoy yourselves.

frodrigues55
03-16-2014, 12:44 AM
*remake, not reboot :p

I'm currently enjoying AC3 a lot. I like it, regardless of its obvious problems. Its own ambition is what killed it, but I think the game deserves a hell lot more credit than people give, especially compared to other games. And I somehow connected to Connor's story, which makes it harder for me to see him as simply a bore.

Sure, I didn't like him or the plot the first time I played the game, but once I saw the end of his jorney and played again, I learned how to appreciate everything he did throughout the game. It made me so sad. :(

I understand why people don''t like it, though.

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Gaahh... . I would totally be that person to buy it again. I enjoyed AC3 so much. it's probably borderline obsession. :( haha. (kinda ... maybe... not really?)

I'm currently enjoying AC3 a lot. I like it, regardless of its obvious problems. Its own ambition is what killed it, but I think the game deserves a hell lot more credit than people give, especially compared to other games. And I somehow connected to Connor's story, which makes it harder for me to see him as simply a bore.

Sure, I didn't like him or the plot the first time I played the game, but once I saw the end of his jorney and played again, I learned how to appreciate everything he did throughout the game. It made me so sad. :(

well first off I'm glad that you enjoyed AC3! :) It's personally a favorite of mine! But I do agree the game wasn't without flaw and offered some of the best and worst of the series has to offer to this date. an I can understand why people don't like it either. AC3 also had quite a bit to battle first coming out the gate as well also with it being over hyped like it was, I feel like the game probably did try to be a bit too ambitious, and probably with an extra 6mos could have been even better. (but we will never know) I mean for some I'm sure after having 3 games with the charismatic Ezio it was a hard shift to play as Connor who in his own rights were dynamic as well.

Now with that being said.. I do feel like AC3 is one of those games now that over a year has passed since it came out and another game is out the "prequel" so to speak you can go back and play it and actually appreciate it more for what it did, what it was trying to do do and for what it actually is. or at least I think so. I've read several time of people now going back to AC3 and liking better than the first time.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-16-2014, 08:25 AM
AC 1 is the only AC game I want to see a remake of...
In a perfect world AC 1 would have trophy support

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 08:32 AM

yeahh... I forgot about that. only xbox had an achievement list on it for this game.

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 08:34 AM
I've already bought more than four copies but I'm prepared to buy it again, remake or not. In fact, I still need that Benedict Arnold DLC for PC so.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-16-2014, 08:37 AM
yeahh... I forgot about that. only xbox had an achievement list on it for this game.

I just tweeted ubi about it..if only i had a large twitter following and could make
#AC1Trophies trend haha

GunnerGalactico
03-16-2014, 10:05 AM

Sure, I didn't like him or the plot the first time I played the game, but once I saw the end of his journey and played again, I learned how to appreciate everything he did throughout the game. It made me so sad. :(

I felt the same way :)

I would really like to see what became of Connor. In a perfect world, we would get a sequel that will explain everything like how he rebuilt the Brotherhood and stuff.

oliacr
03-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Where did you find this?

ze_topazio
03-16-2014, 02:01 PM
I just tweeted ubi about it..if only i had a large twitter following and could make
#AC1Trophies trend haha

People have been asking for a trophy patch for years, there's even petitions, Ubisoft doesn't give a single F.

lothario-da-be
03-16-2014, 03:07 PM
People have been asking for a trophy patch for years, there's even petitions, Ubisoft doesn't give a single F.
It doesn't give them money. But this remake could, i support 100%

Dome500
03-16-2014, 03:22 PM
I think the thing they did really do excellent in AC3 was the combat.

I just recently replayed all games, and AC3's combat is just way superior to all other combat systems. You have to be tactical, you have limited health, you have different archetypes which are all easy enough to kill but still no 1-klick-kills and they need different combinations. Also, Connor has the coolest moves (like the jump-and-kill with the hidden blade at an enemy staying further away) and double kills (with enemies which are actually attacking at the same time, something no other game has that often (not even AC4) and the "take one guy and shoot the other" (I still don't know how exactly that works) and the human shielding.

They really did a damn good job there. They should take that system, tweak it a little, add some actions (like dodging) and new archetypes, and then use it for the future AC titles. I really thought AC3's system was the best one of all the games.

As for Stealth, totally bad in AC3 (but that's what AC4 did good. So take AC4's Stealth and improve on it, enable us to have a crouch button, improve on the A.I., and give us more Stealth tools and possibilities (distraction tools, stun tools, silent kill or k.o. tools, etc.)

Also, social Stealth should be taken from AC2(+Ac4) and AC3 combined, tweaked and improved on it.

Sorry was a little OT here.

Now On Topic:

I think there shouldn't be a reboot. Despite it's faults AC3 was still a good games. But I'd rather not have them spend a lot of resources just to remake a game which setting and story we already know. Every AC has it's weaknesses. Just continue and make a better ACV.

oliacr
03-16-2014, 03:31 PM

I would like to see all AC remakes before AC3 with that combat and free run.

jayjay275
03-16-2014, 03:50 PM
I love this idea! Great thread. Imagine the whole AC franchise remastered for next-gen, wow.

Perk89
03-16-2014, 04:03 PM
wolfmeister you forgot the following:

-three sequences worth of modern day missions as Desmond takes on the Templars in DX:HR-esque hubs of NYC, Rio de Janeiro, and Rome.
-Desmond can meet Nolan North and Corey May as an easter egg in the new modern day.
-Daniel Cross and Warren Vidic are given satisfying deaths
-more optional conversations. now Connor can visit his father in between their first meeting and Haytham's death to try and bond, and horribly fail. He can also visit some other people like Achilles, Sam Adams, and Benjamin Franklin (the poor bastard will finally get his almanac pages returned) to talk about stuff as well.
-TOKW is integrated into the main storyline after completion as Sequence 13, along with the all-new Sequences 14-16.
-Paul Revere's Midnight Ride and The Angry Chef are removed from the game and are replaced by the Great Fire of New York, the Crossing of the Delaware, and the Battle of Saratoga plus a new cool recruit to replace that stupid Canadian.
-the option to return to New York post-game and acquire Haytham's journal upon which new "Forsaken" missions can be played. Upon the conclusion of these missions, Connor will finally say his cut compromise.
-improvised weaponry: like the ability to pick up kitty cats and throw them at people
-become an executioner of the malformed children (well, up to a number due to system mechanics) thanks to a few adjustments to the Animus regarding civilians

So, 2014. Will it be Assassin's Creed 5, Raymond's creation, or Assassin's Creed 3, Hutchinson's creation? Our beloved monsters. Enjoy yourselves.

Vidic's death was great, and satisfying. Everything else sounds great though, as do the ideas in the original OP. Shame you guys had to go and get me excited, I forgot how much potential this game had. It still wouldn't change the ridiculously long prologue which was both tedious and robbed Connor so important character progression, among a number of other poor design decisions, but all this would help.

GunnerGalactico
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I love this idea! Great thread. Imagine the whole AC franchise remastered for next-gen, wow.

I would definitely buy every AC game if it was re-mastered.

Perk89
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
The stealth in AC3 was so so so bad. Few things in gaming have ever infuriated me as much. The tracking system guards had that would automatically lead them to your location if you weren't in a hiding spot, regardless of whether or not they could see you is infuriating as well.

jayjay275
03-16-2014, 04:07 PM
I would definitely buy every AC game if it was re-mastered.

So worth it. :P

GunnerGalactico
03-16-2014, 04:10 PM
The stealth in AC3 was so so so bad. Few things in gaming have ever infuriated me as much. The tracking system guards had that would automatically lead them to your location if you weren't in a hiding spot, regardless of whether or not they could see you is infuriating as well.

I agree.. AC3 didn't really focus on the stealth aspect of the game and the guards almost have psychic AI, it's almost like they had eyes in the back of their heads or something.

Dome500
03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
I agree.. AC3 didn't really focus on the stealth aspect of the game and the guards almost have psychic AI, it's almost like they had eyes in the back of their heads or something.

Yes, agreed.

A.I. has to react to the stimuli around them. They should not track you automatically and know your position, but they should run in the direction they saw you last for a distance, then group together and swarm out to search for you there. That it's made.

In AC4 the enemies were too stupid IMO, in AC3 they were hyper-aware (realized within seconds how an enemy died and where the Assassin is, reacted to ledge pulls although they did not actively SEE you pull the other guy down, etc.) , could see to far and tracked you automatically.

A balance between the 2 would be good. And take the AC4 system for Stealth and improve on it.

Sushiglutton
03-16-2014, 04:20 PM
AC3 is beyond repair I'm afraid. All its gameplay systems are severely lacking and the mission design is atrocious.

GunnerGalactico
03-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Yes, agreed.

A.I. has to react to the stimuli around them. They should not track you automatically and know your position, but they should run in the direction they saw you last for a distance, then group together and swarm out to search for you there. That it's made.

In AC4 the enemies were too stupid IMO, in AC3 they were hyper-aware (realized within seconds how an enemy died and where the Assassin is, reacted to ledge pulls although they did not actively SEE you pull the other guy down, etc.) , could see to far and tracked you automatically.

A balance between the 2 would be good. And take the AC4 system for Stealth and improve on it.

My sentiments exactly! :)

Perk89
03-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Lest we forget how a completely silent bow shot would instantaneously tip every guard in the distract to your exact location, without any concern for whether you were actually seen or not.

the series would benefit ENORMOUSLY from incorporating some Splinter Cell stealth mechanics.

Dome500
03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Lest we forget how a completely silent bow shot would instantaneously tip every guard in the distract to your exact location, without any concern for whether you were actually seen or not.

the series would benefit ENORMOUSLY from incorporating some Splinter Cell stealth mechanics.

Agreed, at least regarding the A.I. and silent weapon/gadget mechanics.

frodrigues55
03-16-2014, 07:40 PM

I was shocked when this happened.

It's so weird, the game was such an ambitious project, it had every budget and people in the world and yet they managed to crap the most basics mechanics on the series. You'd think they would nail this by then.

Perk89
03-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Stealth in recent games has been sort of a joke. I don't mean that as a shot but it just hasn't been tended to in development. I feel like fundamentally it's the worst part of the game.. People complain about combat but it has evolved and become pretty good in recent entries (frankly I've felt it's always been decent not including AC1). It would benefit from making AI smarter (have them form stronger attack patterns rather than one at a time, which has been shrunken but still isn't completely gone, which would in turn up the difficulty without breaking he rhythm that makes the system fun) and parkour could use a few tweaks including making us feel more involved in it again, but these things feel minuscule in comparison to the stealth.

hiding in thin weeds where we'd obviously be spotted needs to be fixed (immersion breaking to the 10th degree) and that's only one tiny thing. Deemphasize the blend aspects in stealth and put a bigger emphasis on better, more splinter cell type stealth (this isn't referring to social stealth).

Wolfmeister1010
03-16-2014, 08:38 PM
At least the bushes in AC4 were thick enough that you appeared hidden. AC3's bushes were a joke.

And it's not like you re completely invisible in them. If a guard gets like within 7 feet of you he can detect you regardless of whether you are in the bush or not

STDlyMcStudpants
03-16-2014, 08:57 PM
At least the bushes in AC4 were thick enough that you appeared hidden. AC3's bushes were a joke.

And it's not like you re completely invisible in them. If a guard gets like within 7 feet of you he can detect you regardless of whether you are in the bush or not

They are called STALKING zones not hide and seek zones...
predators stalk pray (move slowly through tall grass to have element of surprise), not hide from them
Of course if you look for these animals you will see them...

Megas_Doux
03-16-2014, 09:01 PM

This!!!!!!!

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Stealth in recent games has been sort of a joke. I don't mean that as a shot but it just hasn't been tended to in development. I feel like fundamentally it's the worst part of the game.. People complain about combat but it has evolved and become pretty good in recent entries (frankly I've felt it's always been decent not including AC1). It would benefit from making AI smarter (have them form stronger attack patterns rather than one at a time, which has been shrunken but still isn't completely gone, which would in turn up the difficulty without breaking he rhythm that makes the system fun) and parkour could use a few tweaks including making us feel more involved in it again, but these things feel minuscule in comparison to the stealth.

hiding in thin weeds where we'd obviously be spotted needs to be fixed (immersion breaking to the 10th degree) and that's only one tiny thing. Deemphasize the blend aspects in stealth and put a bigger emphasis on better, more splinter cell type stealth (this isn't referring to social stealth).

I'd give AC:IV some credit for at least incorporating stealth. The past 5 other games weren't even stealth. Or at least by my standards.

frodrigues55
03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
They are called STALKING zones not hide and seek zones...
predators stalk pray (move slowly through tall grass to have element of surprise), not hide from them
Of course if you look for these animals you will see them...

It doesn't matter how they are called, the game still uses it to break detection even if the person is straight up looking at you ;)

Dome500
03-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I'd give AC:IV some credit for at least incorporating stealth. The past 5 other games weren't even stealth. Or at least by my standards.

Yeah.

Assassins Creed and Stealth. Those 2 always had a difficult relationship.

AC always implied stealth but never had a good system for it.
I am glad this SEEMS to change, at least if you look at AC4 one can guess it's getting better.

I hope they take AC3's social stealth system and AS4's (LoS-)Stealth System and improve on both for the next installment.