PDA

View Full Version : Does AC4 have nothing more to offer us?

Terrence_Lee
03-15-2014, 03:38 PM
OK, as the title stated, does AC4 have nothing more to offer us?

Be frankly, despite there were/are issues in AC4, it is still a fabulous game and I like playing it.

My only question I have now is, will there more to come? (eg. DLC)

Clearly, there are not much to do after u finish the story (other than multiplayer)

So DLCs are followed up to keep players interested. I bought the season pass,

besides freedom cry, most of them were just outfit of the ship, (the 3 island pack weren't even campaign missions, just 3 maps with chests on them)

In my opinion, this clearly are not done as well as in AC3. Just like the king washington episode dlc, altogether 3 parts, keep the players busy.

It is kinda disappointing where freedom cry was just a single dlc with no follow ups, I would love to play more adewale's story and obviously it is not enough.

Also some of the extra content which players want the most never surface onto the marketplace, eg. AC4 ULC weapons, outfits ( I mean those which u need to gain only by buying figurines or soda). If they are about to come on marketplace, I believe of course a lot of players are more than happy to purchase them.

The point is, I think the DLC this time for AC4 is really not enough, and most of them don't really have any solid impact to the game. For example, I am sure there are others who would disagree, but for myself, I don't really care how many ship accessories I got (sails, wheels), they really make no different other than looks. But weapons, outfit of the character, and additional gameplay levels are different. I don't know about others but I am absolutely hooked into these other than just getting different colour sails, wheels.

I am thinking of it because until now ubisoft still haven't announced the new AC title yet, makes me wonder that AC4 would still last for a period of time, so why don't ubi add more features to it to keep players interested in the mean time? New gameplay missions would be excellent, more new weaponry or character skin would also be nice. Please consider it.

ze_topazio
03-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, AC4 has nothing more in store for us, only MMORPG last an eternity.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-15-2014, 06:03 PM
AC 4 was a filler game.
Play a game before you buy a season pass next time...
Even ACR had a larger mission variety...
With such a repetitive campaign it was clear to me that any dlc would be just as repetitive if not, more so.
That was enough reason for me not to buy the season pass
Glad I didnt dish out 20 for that edward and mp skin...
ACV should be an AC2/AC3 level game and will more than likely have a massive dlc and a $30 season pass again

Kagurra
03-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Hasn't had anything for me for months. Sold it awhile back. Did everything a bunch of times over, and the combat wasn't enough to hold me.

Still a good game though all together. I just hope the next one has more replay value and more fun combat.

Aphex_Tim
03-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Clearly, there are not much to do after u finish the story (other than multiplayer)

Yeah, it's not like there's still a bazillion islands, shipwrecks, smuggler caves and other sidequests to explore.
Unless with "story", you meant the entire singleplayer.
Still though, I think AC4 + FC has more than enough to offer as it is. Especially considering it's a game in a series with a new entry each year.
There's a lot of full priced games out there where there's not nearly as much to do as in AC4.

frodrigues55
03-16-2014, 01:02 AM
I usually clear everything while playing the main campaign, but I still had a bunch of things to do once the game ended. I was actually surprised at how many upgrades I had to achieve once I was done with the story. It's certainly a huge game which has a lot to offer in my opinion - sometimes too much, like those damn animus fragments that required me to jump on and off the ship too many times.

I could do without those.

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 08:30 AM
gahhh.. I'm still working on side quests in this game and I have yet to play Freedom Cry yet. :\ So I still have plenty to do in the meantime. This game was actually pretty huge on a normal AC scope!

for some odd reason I have imagined that I will platinum on this game... haha. do dreams come true!? (I hate the MP is apart of the trophy list)

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 08:40 AM
AC:IV offers about 50-60 more hours of content after the campaign, excluding DLC, Freedom Cry, and Community Events. It's the most time consuming AC so I've played thus far so I don't really understand the disappointment.

Although I do understand if it's about the lack of enticing side contents compared to AC:3.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-16-2014, 08:45 AM
gahhh.. I'm still working on side quests in this game and I have yet to play Freedom Cry yet. :\ So I still have plenty to do in the meantime. This game was actually pretty huge on a normal AC scope!

for some odd reason I have imagined that I will platinum on this game... haha. do dreams come true!? (I hate the MP is apart of the trophy list)
I hate mp trophies too in most cases...
But Im also glad some games have them otherwise i wouldve mssed out on great experiences...
I LOVED Killzone 2 mp more than the game itself, LOVED ACB and AC3 mp, loved the Bioshock 2 mp more than the game..and I loved the (Though VERY broken) Tomb Raider mp
I just hate when the trophies are extensive like reach level 1 billion
Lke dont force an amount of time you want me to spend in mp...Just give me trophies for finishing a match type/a map and reaching like level 10...
Level 20 is plenty enough in mp to get you hooked or find out it isnt for you (something ACR and AC3 did GREAT)
But even though I LOVEEE AC MP and believe it truly has stand alone potential and doesnt feel like an add on.. I will say AC IV feels very much like a grind...leveling is too slow and the maps are too much the same to keep you engaged for more than the first 15 levels...
And as a trophy hunter I 100% believe that MP should have a separate trophy list like Killzone 3 did...
Doesnt need a platinum (Unless you plan DLC trophies THEN give it a plat)..just installs its own list once you play like slymini games trophy list in the sly cooper collection
This way I dotn have to grind out a game before its servers go down like im currently doing for resistance 2 haha...has a 50 hr plat time (boosting) and servers go down on the 28th...

If a game has an unobtainable I wont touch it....
I want my trophy list clean...
I would feel much better buying a game and seeing its servers are down and think (NBD Im only missing out on like 11 trophies)
Rather than miss out on the platinum too

poptartz20
03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
I hate mp trophies too in most cases...
But Im also glad some games have them otherwise i wouldve mssed out on great experiences...
I LOVED Killzone 2 mp more than the game itself, LOVED ACB and AC3 mp, loved the Bioshock 2 mp more than the game..and I loved the (Though VERY broken) Tomb Raider mp
I just hate when the trophies are extensive like reach level 1 billion
Lke dont force an amount of time you want me to spend in mp...Just give me trophies for finishing a match type/a map and reaching like level 10...
Level 20 is plenty enough in mp to get you hooked or find out it isnt for you (something ACR and AC3 did GREAT)
But even though I LOVEEE AC MP and believe it truly has stand alone potential and doesnt feel like an add on.. I will say AC IV feels very much like a grind...leveling is too slow and the maps are too much the same to keep you engaged for more than the first 15 levels...
And as a trophy hunter I 100% believe that MP should have a separate trophy list like Killzone 3 did...
Doesnt need a platinum (Unless you plan DLC trophies THEN give it a plat)..just installs its own list once you play like slymini games trophy list in the sly cooper collection
This way I dotn have to grind out a game before its servers go down like im currently doing for resistance 2 haha...has a 50 hr plat time (boosting) and servers go down on the 28th...

If a game has an unobtainable I wont touch it....
I want my trophy list clean...
I would feel much better buying a game and seeing its servers are down and think (NBD Im only missing out on like 11 trophies)
Rather than miss out on the platinum too

I actually played a little bit of multiplayer in AC3 and a bit more in AC4 I didn't play in previous titles, because i just wasn't that big into it! But I do feel that reaching lvl 20 is something that is less painful than reaching lvl 55 :| I mean come on really?

I didn't care for Tomb Raider's MP that much yet I will play the Shiz out of uncharted's MP when they are a lot alike on many levels. lol. Back on point though I agree! I wish that sometimes that the MP trophies were separated from the in game trophies. and if not, it should stick to just game types and matches or perhaps things you do in those matches like hide in plain site 10 times or stalk 5 enemies. etc.

jayjay275
03-16-2014, 11:08 AM
MP shouldn't have trophies that force you to play it, otherwise it feels like you are grinding for far too long. Played Uncharted 3 for over 500 hours, and there wasn't a single trophy that made me play that long. It was purely for fun. Though, that being said, that game did have MP trophies which were focused around objectives, which was great.

krazyowns
03-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, once you get 100% there's really not much else to the game.

I would suggest checking out http://www.acinitiates.com . They have missions you can do for AC3 - present games.

pittbull4200
03-16-2014, 01:25 PM
MP shouldn't have trophies that force you to play it, otherwise it feels like you are grinding for far too long. Played Uncharted 3 for over 500 hours, and there wasn't a single trophy that made me play that long. It was purely for fun. Though, that being said, that game did have MP trophies which were focused around objectives, which was great.

MP is fun once you learn it been playing less than 2 mths was 8th in bloodbath till uplay corrupted reached 200 in MP overall but RANKS RESET for MP March 20th, this is first AC game I played came with my evga gfx card. Beat SP was about to uninstall it then tried MP got hooked.

There is all kind of achievements for MP, once you get in to http://www.acinitiates.com you will spend a lot of time there but its more or less just something extra to do, AC$ you get 2 new sails and something else for SP story. If you own more AC games there is more DLC like costumes etc for MP I do believe.

AC4 alone will take up a lot of time and if you do it you definitely want some help, you should see Ulysess J Duckett YT channel for all the goodies https://www.youtube.com/user/UlysessJDuckett/featured

Megas_Doux
03-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it's not like there's still a bazillion islands, shipwrecks, smuggler caves and other sidequests to explore.
Unless with "story", you meant the entire singleplayer.
Still though, I think AC4 + FC has more than enough to offer as it is. Especially considering it's a game in a series with a new entry each year.
There's a lot of full priced games out there where there's not nearly as much to do as in AC4.

This!!!!

Although I would greatly apprieciate more platforming levels like those seen in AC II and ACB. Because AC IVīs setting has ALOT of potential.....