PDA

View Full Version : Do you HATE Uplay?

Agent_Abdulla_X
03-14-2014, 12:33 AM
I must say one of my favourite past times is signing up to useless ****, it fills me with burning joy.

GET RID OF Uplay nobody wants it nobody asked for it, like herpes. And when I try to find somewhere to complain, finding how to contact Ubisoft is more illusive than the holy grail. So I've come to a forum to complain, I also complained on youtube. You see, you don't give people an outlet to complain, they'll complain elsewhere, but why make something simple when you can make it difficult not just for you but your customers. I'm not buying the next AC or any game that has Uplay attached to it.

YazX_
03-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Dont you people get it, UPlay is not going anywhere, complain all day/night long, its the main PC platform to group your games, friends and other stuff. sure it needs enhancements and more integration with steam, but if you cant adapt with it, then dont buy Ubisoft games, no one is forcing you. so take it from now and DONT BUY AC V, Watch Dogs, .... as all of them will be attached to UPlay.

And i want and like UPlay, so dont generalize and speak for yourself only.In addition, this is the wrong board on the forum to post about UPlay, you should post this on UPlay board.

AherasSTRG
03-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Why would someone hate Uplay? It's just like every other client going on around... Oh, maybe you hate it if you are 15 or 35...

Fatal-Feit
03-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Why would someone hate Uplay? It's just like every other client going on around... Oh, maybe you hate it if you are 15 or 35...

This. I mean, if he purchases his AC through Steam or any other client, then I can understand. But by now, I don't see the problem with Uplay. It works quite well and I enjoy the free rewards that comes with each game.

[edit] OP, if you need customer support, google their customer support number. Lol, it's not that hard to find.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

It usually takes me about 5-10 minutes tops to reach somebody,

Mr_Shade
03-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Or,

goto www.ubi.com - click 'contact us' - or - 'contact us' on any of the many Ubisoft game sites - or - 'contact us' at the bottom of every forum page...

dsmith71
03-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Or,

goto www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com) - click 'contact us' - or - 'contact us' on any of the many Ubisoft game sites - or - 'contact us' at the bottom of every forum page...

Oh please!!!! support is a joke, follow this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/832893-Uplay-is-crap-download-speed-is-crap and you will see my 30+ days of pointless uploading of irrelevant files and then doing it again and for what? I still have the same problem. You are right about one thing i will not be buying ubisoft again. Why does your server limit the download speeds of ridiculously slow internet such as we have in Australia? i will tell you why because Ubisoft doesnt care. You take our money and that is the end of it as far as you are concerned. Support is good for nothing except logging a fault, they have done nothing to help me. Assassins creed are good games but it is a shame it has to be associated with the worst gaming software company in the world combined with the worst gaming client in the world - uplay. You dont even have a backup feature such as Steam and even origin can backup. Why no backup? Nah that would make things easier for your customers. all of you who think uplay is great obviously have superfast internet or you are deluded.

Sdwakias
03-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Oh please... Tell me how Steam is better... The only thing that is better over there is the better download rates and the profile pages. Other than that, it is the same thing with different skin and extra features, which are pretty much... useless. Most of Steam's extra features are so Valve can get more money, like the Steam Market. So, all DRM-based platforms are the same thing.
Oh, and UPlay is a platform which you can use in order to download the full game when you unlock exclusive content, without it, you would have to buy the game once again in order to have a complete edition. After all, it's a nice and simple platform. I just hope they will increase the download quality.

jpm01
03-15-2014, 08:23 PM
i don't like when you get something that you never ever asked for . but when i saw the good internet improvements of AC:BF i think being connected to internet could be something good for games (random events ..)

dsmith71
03-16-2014, 03:58 AM
i don't like when you get something that you never ever asked for . but when i saw the good internet improvements of AC:BF i think being connected to internet could be something good for games (random events ..)

I wouldn't know because I cant play online until patched and at the download rates I am getting through uplay it will take forever.

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't know because I cant play online until patched and at the download rates I am getting through uplay it will take forever.

Dude. Stop blaming Uplay. If downloading patches are that long, then it's your own damn fault for having slow *** internet. Blaming Uplay or bashing it isn't going to get you any special services or free codes. And no I don't have the fastest internet. And no I'm not deluded. Re:downloading AC:3 and AC:IV takes me about 2-3 hours. And patches, 5-10 minutes. It's hardly any different from Steam or Origin.

kenway3r
03-16-2014, 11:59 PM
I just want to buy the CD and play the game.

I don't want any internet connection through Uplay bollocks.No DRM, I bought it; it's mine.

None of the 'AC4BF is not working' messages and corrupt files which put me back 2 months before I could play this game.

I want traditional save system, so I can save where I want, within reason, rather than the checkpoint system.

Is that so much to ask?

The more complicated and buggy Uplay features, the worse experience it is.

I'll finish AC4 but unlikely to buy anything else from this company.

dsmith71
03-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Dude. Stop blaming Uplay. If downloading patches are that long, then it's your own damn fault for having slow *** internet. Blaming Uplay or bashing it isn't going to get you any special services or free codes. And no I don't have the fastest internet. And no I'm not deluded. Re:downloading AC:3 and AC:IV takes me about 2-3 hours. And patches, 5-10 minutes. It's hardly any different from Steam or Origin.

Dude! Even though my download is slow it should take me 12 - 15 hours to download a 6Gb patch if i could do it manually but through uplay it will take 60 - 90 hours. Of course you wouldn't complaining if you can download an entire patch in 2-3 hours. Hooray for you!!! It is not my fault i have a slow internet i have the fastest i can get where i live . My problem is that through uplay I am not getting the download speed I do elsewhere. Another thing in Australia we pay way too much for games as it is and the service here is woeful so why should I suck up to Ubisoft like you do just to get what I pay for????????????????????? DUDE!!!!!!!!!

[Edit] Also (obviously I haven't been repeating myself often enough) I can download using my full bandwidth through steam and Origin but NOT uplay!!!! Another handy feature of Steam and Origin for those stuck with slow internet is the ability to backup. I cant backup this game through uplay - if ubisoft cared about all their customers then backup would be a feature. Dude!!!

Fatal-Feit
03-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Dude! Even though my download is slow it should take me 12 - 15 hours to download a 6Gb patch if i could do it manually but through uplay it will take 60 - 90 hours. Of course you wouldn't complaining if you can download an entire patch in 2-3 hours. Hooray for you!!! It is not my fault i have a slow internet i have the fastest i can get where i live . My problem is that through uplay I am not getting the download speed I do elsewhere. Another thing in Australia we pay way too much for games as it is and the service here is woeful so why should I suck up to Ubisoft like you do just to get what I pay for????????????????????? DUDE!!!!!!!!

Also (obviously I haven't been repeating myself often enough) I can download using my full bandwidth through steam and Origin but NOT uplay!!!! Another handy feature of Steam and Origin for those stuck with slow internet is the ability to backup. I cant backup this game through uplay - if ubisoft cared about all their customers then backup would be a feature. Dude!!!

Then make a suggestion, not a rant. Give them a call or whatever. From my experiences, Ubisoft's customer support are decent at what they do. And from what I'm reading, it's Australia's fault. not Uplay's.

Mr_Shade
03-18-2014, 08:00 PM
If you have technical issues relating to Uplay client, on PC - please contact support directly:

www.support.ubi.com

If you are not happy with their replies - then not much I can suggest - since they have helped others improve download speeds - and there has been a recent Uplay update, which helped others improve speeds - however that does depend on the connection speed to begin with.

If you have very slow speeds - the Uplay client, might not be using it all - due to not wanting to hog the download connection, rendering the connection unable for other people /applications.

If you have set the Uplay client to 'unlimited' - which I'm guessing support would have suggested - along with a few other things - then I'm sorry but not much else I or anyone else can suggest.

dsmith71
03-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Then make a suggestion, not a rant. Give them a call or whatever. From my experiences, Ubisoft's customer support are decent at what they do. And from what I'm reading, it's Australia's fault. not Uplay's.

So how much does ubisoft pay you? I have been going through 30+ days of pointless suggestions from support such as requests to upload the dxdiag file (which i did) for an internet problem???????? Here is the link to that fiasco where i kept a diary on this forum. as far as i am concerned this has gone past the limit of anyone's patience and ranting is all that is left.

strigoi1958
03-20-2014, 08:01 PM
So how much does ubisoft pay you? I have been going through 30+ days of pointless suggestions from support such as requests to upload the dxdiag file (which i did) for an internet problem???????? Here is the link to that fiasco where i kept a diary on this forum. as far as i am concerned this has gone past the limit of anyone's patience and ranting is all that is left.

I keep telling you.... this is the game section and you might get better assistance in the uplay forum rather than the ac4bf forum. This forum is about the game and your problem is with uplay and the fact that you live where the internet speeds are slower than an arthritic snail on valium. Now as much as I can sympathize with you.... keep posting here instead of the uplay forum is like complaining to the electric company because your water supply is off. Go there and maybe your request for backup would be acknowledged. Or they may be able to suggest a way to obtain the patch (or whatever) quicker.

AherasSTRG
03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
The fact that Ubisoft support sucks has nothing to do with the Uplay application.

pittbull4200
03-21-2014, 01:06 PM

It is very different than Origin even with all Uplay ports open on router takes me about 24 to 30 hours to download because the Uplay server fails every 1-2 hours losing connection a large portion of users have this issue.

I don't have fast net but it is reliable, stuck with 1 carrier 6mb DSL capped 700kbps down and 100kbps up at the grand price of $84 a month no phone just straight DSL. They say in 2015 we will have fiber here 50MBs but still capped LoL

Digital-Suicide
03-21-2014, 04:26 PM
OP : Go play minecraft.

bveUSbve
03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Too many fanboys in here.

UPlay indeed is very annoying, poor software. I can see that some features coming with UPlay may be appreciated by many gamers. But from a customer's point of view there is NO REASON to make UPlay mandatory, when without doubt there are many other gamers who are not interested in these features - at least not if they go along with the many Uplay annoyances. From a customers perspective its use should be optional.

But UPlay FOR UBISOFT is not about providing additional content/features. It is their form of DRM. Making customers dependant of a client that often doesn't work the way it should. We are no longer owners of games we payed for, but owners of licenses for those games. Ubisoft has the right to revoke access to those games at any time. And they are not even obliged to keep them accessible while they are "fresh" - it just happens so that it is in their own commercial interest to provide customers with a not completely broken "service", because otherwise even fanboys one day might not buy Ubisoft games any longer (at least not by pre order..).

This fact of Ubisoft games actually being game rentals combined with the deficient functioning of UPlay is good reason to either not buy Ubisoft games. Or, for me the better alternative, to not buy them as long as they are not really cheap.
(If enough people would act accordingly, Ubisoft might change their business strategy. But people, especially young and naive ones, don't have the spine to do anything like this. And the gaming press doesn't have the financial independency to take an adequate critical stance on such matters.)

Digital-Suicide
03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
@ bveUSbve (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/919017-bveUSbve) I am sightly annoyed at your comment

Shows a level of immaturity on your part, while uplay is NOT exactly perfect look at Origin & Steam they both suffer from problems, The world and the people in it are by no means perfect.

If your so unhappy with uplay / ubisoft and the way the provide games to you there is one solution uninstall and don't bother with the company or products that they sell and don't come crying on the forums about your hate for the products and or services they provide and or how the are provided. Because by doing so is not going to change anything.

Please Do Have a Nice Day! :cool:

bveUSbve
03-24-2014, 06:44 PM
It's people like you who allow a company like Ubisoft to establish something like UPlay as mandatory software to play games. You are wrong: complaining could make a difference, if only enough people who actually are annoyed would give that kind of feedback. If enough of them also drew practical consequences, a company might be pressed to listen to them, if only to not lose revenue - as I have said already.

Fanboys exist. They defend what they are a fan of, no matter if their "case" can be argued in any proper form. Your first post didn't even try to argue; it was just plain "immature" ...

YazX_
03-24-2014, 07:26 PM

UPlay indeed is very annoying, poor software. I can see that some features coming with UPlay may be appreciated by many gamers. But from a customer's point of view there is NO REASON to make UPlay mandatory, when without doubt there are many other gamers who are not interested in these features - at least not if they go along with the many Uplay annoyances. From a customers perspective its use should be optional.

But UPlay FOR UBISOFT is not about providing additional content/features. It is their form of DRM. Making customers dependant of a client that often doesn't work the way it should. We are no longer owners of games we payed for, but owners of licenses for those games. Ubisoft has the right to revoke access to those games at any time. And they are not even obliged to keep them accessible while they are "fresh" - it just happens so that it is in their own commercial interest to provide customers with a not completely broken "service", because otherwise even fanboys one day might not buy Ubisoft games any longer (at least not by pre order..).

This fact of Ubisoft games actually being game rentals combined with the deficient functioning of UPlay is good reason to either not buy Ubisoft games. Or, for me the better alternative, to not buy them as long as they are not really cheap.
(If enough people would act accordingly, Ubisoft might change their business strategy. But people, especially young and naive ones, don't have the spine to do anything like this. And the gaming press doesn't have the financial independency to take an adequate critical stance on such matters.)

stop crying on something that almost every other company has a similar software like it, calling people fanboys, naive and kids just to show that you are the grown up and the one who understands the whole thing only shows how immature you are, you are assuming that you own games and now by using UPlay, you only own the license to play them, so since when you own games when you buy them???? you only own the license to play these games whether UPlay exist or not, the only difference now is digital distribution.

do you seriously think that you OWN games or any other software when you buy them?!

if you dont like UPlay, then dont buy Ubisoft games, as simple as that.

tunnelcat
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM

Actually, in the U.S., the country that invented the internet, having a slow internet is shamefully very common, and it' mostly not someone's choice. Ain't capitalism great! I live in a small town and I'm at the mercy of one of the only 2 telecoms that serve my area. I can bow down and kiss the rear of the Comcast Hegemony for their service, NOT, because of their architecture, it slows to a craw when my neighbors all log on and it has lousy upload speeds, or just suck up it and stick with my phone company's slow DSL, which I'm currently using, which gives me only 1.5 Mb/s. Both services are expensive. Large downloads are not really feasible, so I try to buy my games on disk, which are disappearing as well. Maybe if we all lived in Sweden, we could get cheaper and faster internet speeds. Then we wouldn't be at the mercy of the greedy telecoms and the stupid game developers that think we all have lightning fast internet speeds for downloading their unfinished games and those huge patches to fix them.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/25/my-brothers-internet-is-way-cheaper-than-mine-and.aspx

Mr_Shade
03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Actually, in the U.S., the country that invented the internet, having a slow internet is shamefully very common,

errm - the 'internet' is commonly held as being invented by a British person..

Tim Berners-Lee ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

You're welcome to use it though ;)

[and yes that is a joke!]

tunnelcat
03-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Well, the U.S. did invent the ARPANET, which was technically the beginning of the internet. ;) On this same vein, the Brits have worse internet speeds than the U.S. and they pay more too. Why are the progenitors of the internet so way behind the world in speed and high costs. I may move to Sweden or Japan.

http://www.computerhistory.org/internet_history/

http://gizmodo.com/5390014/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually

Ubisoft should be thankful. EA won the award for the worst company in America. I think Time Warner came in second.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/09/why-ea-won-the-worst-company-in-america-award/

strigoi1958
03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Well it's off topic but here in the uk we have gigaclear which has 940 Mbps download AND 940 Mbps upload http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6TFt72Wm0s
Virgin is around 150 Mbps
and I struggle by with BT at 76 Mbps and yes it is expensive I pay 290 per year but they gave me a 100 shopping voucher so technichally it is 4 or $6 per week.
There are a few places that do not have superfast but being a small country that is changing as quickly as possible.
Everyone has the right to make a product and sell it using whatever method they choose. Ubisoft are no different and I don't think they will change because 0.00000000001% of buyers have problems... however they might incorporate a backup or find a way to make patches smaller.

Dellers
03-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't hate Uplay at all, but I DO find it annoying that I need it when I buy games through Steam a wel. One laucher at a time is more than enough!

hrvedel
04-16-2014, 09:42 PM

NOPE it not uplay is so baaad IU cant use my killer 2000 on it have to clouse it on Steam its working fine there suport is baad cant get any help there my game wont start AGAIN
and still no f help and last time I had problems with me game I had to fix it me self yup clouse my killer 2000 software and the worked no help to thios so ccalled suport
so UPLAY = NO PLAY on this account ... .. .

Severion
04-16-2014, 11:45 PM
Never had any problems with Uplay here to be honest, except for when it was down for scheduled maintenance. Can always connect, downloads about 5mb/s, Steam might download at 7 mb/s on my 60mbps internet at max but thats nothing worth crying about.

bveUSbve
04-25-2014, 12:08 PM
stop crying on something that almost every other company has a similar software like it, calling people fanboys, naive and kids just to show that you are the grown up and the one who understands the whole thing only shows how immature you are, (...)
Telling people to "stop crying" is supposed to be the mature way of discussing, then? You apparently are somewhat of a fanboy too, it seems ...

do you seriously think that you OWN games or any other software when you buy them?!
It in fact used to be that way: if I had the disk (and preserved it in good shape), nobody was able to deny me playing the game. That's as close to "owning" something as I care.

if you dont like UPlay, then dont buy Ubisoft games, as simple as that.
Another childish argument. The reality is that one has to put up with evil schemes of big corporations like Ubisoft to be able to play games of a certain genre (- or almost any "AAA"-game by now..). Years ago it may have been feasible to only play games published by not so evil companies, but that's no longer an option, since nowadays most of them act evil.
But what is an option, as I have said already: don't buy games whose usability has been deliberately diminished by the publisher as long as they are "expensive". Buy them some time later when they become "bargains" (or rather: when the price-value ratio has become acceptable).

AherasSTRG
04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Another childish argument. The reality is that one has to put up with evil schemes of big corporations like Ubisoft

It's not childish at all. Ubisoft created the game with their money, their time, their marketing, their developers, their writers, their animators, on their computers, in their studios, in their offices, with their creativity, their ideas, the risk of the investment on their shoulders and I could go on until there was no more room for me to write.

They totally own the game and they can do whatever they want with it. So, what they want is from you is to pay 40 euros to buy it and register it on the Uplay client. Take it or leave it, simple as that. That's what they are asking and they have every reason to do so.

"Oh, the evil corporation that wants to conquer the world!". What is this? Where do you think you are? In a Saturday morning cartoonm, for God's sake? These are the official forums of an 18+ game.

Elstonar0001
04-28-2014, 08:05 AM
hate uplay with all my spite an malice,

r0nflex
04-29-2014, 04:09 PM
:mad: Do you HATE Uplay?
I would not say that I hate it that much, but for sure I don't like it.