PDA

View Full Version : "Ubisoft server is unavailable right now" error

Zoot-Zoot
03-13-2014, 10:38 PM
I've owned Assassin's Creed 3 for a few weeks now with no probs. last 2 nights i been logging in to Uplay and it does an update for a few minutes then says to enter my cd key, i do this then it says under it "Ubisoft server is unavailable right now". why am i getting this now? i can't contact Ubisoft because their website is useless. it's been fine since i bought it on steam in the Ubisoft deals a few weeks ago. any help would be great. Thanks in advance

KmarkoPL
03-13-2014, 11:19 PM
I had the same issue just minute ago ,tho all my games where gone , started Uplay offline , was able to get games running again .

YazX_
03-14-2014, 01:05 AM
dont you guys read social media and forum announcements?!

there is on-going AC3 maintenance for around 2 hours, all AC3 services will be down. here is the link:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812050-The-official-Maintenance-Post

dsmith71
03-14-2014, 12:38 PM
dont you guys read social media and forum announcements?!

there is on-going AC3 maintenance for around 2 hours, all AC3 services will be down. here is the link:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812050-The-official-Maintenance-Post

There once was time when you could turn on your computer and play a game without having to worry about this nonsense. I suppose you are going to tell me this is progress?

YazX_
03-14-2014, 01:55 PM
There once was time when you could turn on your computer and play a game without having to worry about this nonsense. I suppose you are going to tell me this is progress?

nah, but you can always play offline, if one doesnt want any online features, he can just set it to run in offline mode, so nothing changed.

dsmith71
03-15-2014, 12:59 AM
nah, but you can always play offline, if one doesnt want any online features, he can just set it to run in offline mode, so nothing changed.

Wrong, there are game feature such as Kenways fleet or uplay points that rely on the internet to function so in effect I do not have the game I paid (too much) for. It easy to be complacent as you are if you have no issues.

YazX_
03-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Wrong, there are game feature such as Kenways fleet or uplay points that rely on the internet to function so in effect I do not have the game I paid (too much) for. It easy to be complacent as you are if you have no issues.

you are contradicting yourself about UPlay points and rewards, in old days there were no rewards when we used to fire the game offline, so same result.

about kenway fleet, it doesnt affect the game by any means and its very boring adding to that fact, plus it has integration with UPlay friends so you can help each other.

lsn im not taking sides here, if i see sth wrong i would clearly say its wrong, as long as uplay offers offline play then you got no problem.

KmarkoPL
03-15-2014, 02:32 PM
about kenway fleet, it doesnt affect the game by any means and its very boring adding to that fact, plus it has integration with UPlay friends so you can help each other.

You wrong ! If uplay servers are not available , and in the process the Kenway fleet is not available , then how the player should get the 2 remaining treasure maps ?
Also same goes for offline playing .

dsmith71
03-16-2014, 04:00 AM
you are contradicting yourself about UPlay points and rewards, in old days there were no rewards when we used to fire the game offline, so same result.

lsn im not taking sides here, if i see sth wrong i would clearly say its wrong, as long as uplay offers offline play then you got no problem.

May I suggest that you dont see anything wrong because you dont have any download issues.

YazX_
03-16-2014, 03:18 PM
You wrong ! If uplay servers are not available , and in the process the Kenway fleet is not available , then how the player should get the 2 remaining treasure maps ?
Also same goes for offline playing .

LOL, i like when someone tries to pull sth stupid just to write some words and say "YOU WRONG", so tell me, how exactly these two treasure maps affect your gameplay and be different than playing offline, and seriously DUDE, what the hell has this to do with what i said and my discussion with dsmith?!!?!

anyway, regardless of the irrelevant thing you said, short answer, it wont affect it, so back to main point, as long as you have the option to play offline, then its not a problem. so this thread was about servers are down because of maintenance, then it turned to old days when we used to play offline and now it is download speeds!?!

May I suggest that you dont see anything wrong because you dont have any download issues.

sorry no, because sometimes i dont get decent download bandwidth from UPlay, so i opt to get things from other sources. am i saying UPlay bandwidth is fine, NO and Ubisoft should bring more servers in different locations since UPlay is downloading games now and the traffic will be much more than previous years.

dsmith71
03-17-2014, 07:48 AM
LOL, i like when someone tries to pull sth stupid just to write some words and say "YOU WRONG", so tell me, how exactly these two treasure maps affect your gameplay and be different than playing offline, and seriously DUDE, what the hell has this to do with what i said and my discussion with dsmith?!!?!

anyway, regardless of the irrelevant thing you said, short answer, it wont affect it, so back to main point, as long as you have the option to play offline, then its not a problem. so this thread was about servers are down because of maintenance, then it turned to old days when we used to play offline and now it is download speeds!?!

sorry no, because sometimes i dont get decent download bandwidth from UPlay, so i opt to get things from other sources. am i saying UPlay bandwidth is fine, NO and Ubisoft should bring more servers in different locations since UPlay is downloading games now and the traffic will be much more than previous years.

What other sources? If there is a way to download patches normally i would like to know because outside uplay I would download this patch 5 times quicker. If I cant play the full game online then i dont have the game I paid for ergo - I have been ripped off. I have paid the same (if not more) than you or anyone else for this game but cannot use it all. Ripoff!!!! Do you have the full online version or are you happy with just playing offline? If you are content with just offline then more fool you.

Black_Widow9
03-17-2014, 10:28 AM
If you are having trouble accessing the Support website please try giving them a call.
http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx