PDA

View Full Version : Can you play with a friend online in AC4?

Millor312
03-13-2014, 09:12 PM
I know ubisoft made the functionality to, but does it actually WORK? I remember trying to play with a friend in AC:R and the feature basically didn't work because in order to play with a friend, you apparently needed like at least 3 or something for the matchmaking to even begin looking, and even then, it only looked and paired you up against 3 other people who were playing together, which never happens.

Can I simply invite my friend and create a group and start playing games with other people, or does it have the same kind of rules? Or does it like randomize us onto opposite teams or some other stupid quirk? Also wondering how well it would work out considering we don't live very close and his internet isn't very great. He lives in SK canada and I live in Oregon US, so I'm wondering how the connection would be and if it would even work.

In most games it's no problem and I wouldn't even ask, but you seriously never know with ubisoft, their multiplayer support is usually pretty bad so I have to wonder.

playlisting
03-13-2014, 10:29 PM
It's very, very difficult to play with a friend online. Me and my friend once tried to play together and it took 20 minutes for us to even connect to each other. When we finally did, as soon as I searched for a game it kicked him out instantly. It's not even worth the hassle.

Millor312
03-14-2014, 12:17 AM
It's very, very difficult to play with a friend online. Me and my friend once tried to play together and it took 20 minutes for us to even connect to each other. When we finally did, as soon as I searched for a game it kicked him out instantly. It's not even worth the hassle.

Ugh, doesn't sound very promising then.

I don't know why ubisoft cannot even get that right, it's so damn standard these days to have co-op multiplayer systems that actually work. Why do they even both making special co-op content either if you can't connect to anyone? It seems like they put so much effort into trying to make a decent multiplayer community but they just don't have the framework to have it running smoothly. It's been this long and they're still having constant problems with uplay and having working multiplayer in their games. Even EA was able to get origin working and have sufficient multiplayer support for their games at release, step it up ubisoft.

YazX_
03-14-2014, 01:17 AM
Ugh, doesn't sound very promising then.

I don't know why ubisoft cannot even get that right, it's so damn standard these days to have co-op multiplayer systems that actually work. Why do they even both making special co-op content either if you can't connect to anyone? It seems like they put so much effort into trying to make a decent multiplayer community but they just don't have the framework to have it running smoothly. It's been this long and they're still having constant problems with uplay and having working multiplayer in their games. Even EA was able to get origin working and have sufficient multiplayer support for their games at release, step it up ubisoft.

problem is all Ubisoft Games online connectivity are based on Peer-to-Peer networking, they dont support dedicated servers, thats why its not working properly, people tend to have different machines and settings and its nearly impossible to connect to each other machines and play smoothly outside LAN environment, dedicated servers are the only way to solve this problem and no support till now in all Ubisoft games.