PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Desmond Miles

RinoTheBouncer
03-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Let’s all wish a happy birthday to the savior of our world. Without him, we wouldn’t be alive and well today.

I wrote this December 21st, 2013 and I think it can fit here too. I don’t claim to be a good writer but I’m gonna write it here anyway:

Desmond Miles,
Desmond Miles was born in an isolated world, so was I
Desmond Miles ran from reality when he was 16, so did I
Desmond Miles lost his faith in a cause he was brought up to follow, and so did I
Desmond Miles craved to fit into the crowd, and so did I
Desmond Miles opened his eyes to a phase of the world he never thought to be real, so did I
Desmond Miles was a victim of an ill-fated history, so was I

He never had a childhood and I never had a social life. I was popular in my school but I never felt home or one of the crowd, he was home but he never felt warm. When you’re deprived from something, you become obsessed by it. My life and his were black and white, like a car and an airplane, both headed to the same direction, on the same line but on different planes. Yet however, bonded by a series of struggle, deception, vigilance, revelations and determination.

Desmond Miles and I suffered a trauma that taught us a truth that shaped us to who we are.
And when he saw the truth he disbelieved with his own eyes, the fragile shell he lived in gave birth to a hero, an assassin born from his own psyche. And that’s where he put everything behind him, keeping his focus on what’s really at stake, the good of mankind, not just its survival, but its freedom.

Life is like a train, and sometimes it goes off the trail, and that’s where we’re wrecked. But it’s only true bravery when we lift our train of life and get back on it’s tracks and that’s what Desmond Miles and I did. Desmond Miles is a an assassin but he’s also a human being. He sought warmth within a family that loved him but pushed him too hard, love to a woman who used him. He wanted nothing more than to live a normal life but then he put the good of mankind before his own benefit.

Desmond Miles was afraid to fight a faceless enemy or a story he thought to be a fairytale yet he did not hesitate or think when he was asked to bare the burden of saving the world. He gave up the flame inside of him for the world to survive, for a mother to smile, for an unborn child to open his eyes to a beautiful world with a blue sky, for two lovers to live a happily ever after, and for a father to be proud of his son.

From an innocent infant, to free-running kid. From a rebellious teen, to a handsome bartender, and from a victim to the savior of the world, Desmond Miles lived to see it all. He turned his psyche to an aura around the world so I could live to tell his story and carry on his task. He is my friend and my brother. His name is Desmond Miles and this is his story.

Desmond Miles was a human being, but he’s also a hero, goddammit.
Long live Desmond Miles.

I-Like-Pie45
03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
I hope you realize he is not real.

Oh look, capchas are gone. I think that's something far more worth celebrating than Desmond Miles' imaginary birthday.

O-Rei-do-Frango
03-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Okay.................

Dude, seek help.

ze_topazio
03-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Happy birthday Jesus Desmond.

RinoTheBouncer
03-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Okay.................

Dude, seek help.

LMAO, I’m sure you need it more, hun.

I hope you realize he is not real.

Oh look, capchas are gone. I think that's something far more worth celebrating than Desmond Miles' imaginary birthday.

Well Batman is imaginary and people’s been talking about him for 75 years. What’s real is what has an effect on people not only what you can touch.

Jish_01
03-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Hell yeah, someone who thinks Desmond's awesome. If only there were more people like you sir.

Ureh
03-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Yeah happy birthday, Mr. Miles. ;)