PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag PC Community Challenges

BlackLabel8829
03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Are we EVER going to get any update, news, plans, or any sort of recognition that Community Challenges STILL haven't been address for Black Flag on the PC?

YazX_
03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
there have been 4 community challenges for the past couple of months, so im not sure if you were following or maybe you are talking about different issue?

BlackLabel8829
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
there have been 4 community challenges for the past couple of months, so im not sure if you were following or maybe you are talking about different issue?

I'm talking single player community challenges, the ones that unlock items. I have checked every day for months and there has been nothing. The community challenges section under leader boards is always greyed out.

AherasSTRG
03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm talking single player community challenges, the ones that unlock items. I have checked every day for months and there has been nothing. The community challenges section under leader boards is always greyed out.
Are you serious? All 4 of the community challenges have come and gone. One was to sink Man'O'Wars, the other one to kill guys with pistols, the other one to hunt animals and the last one to perform some dozens of assassinations without being noticed.

YazX_
03-13-2014, 03:31 PM

yes as i said, 4 of them and Aheradrim (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1387303-Aheradrim) counted them for you, anyway, keep an eye as there will be more challenges in future and usually they will be announced here on forum and social media.

BlackLabel8829
03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
yes as i said, 4 of them and Aheradrim (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1387303-Aheradrim) counted them for you, anyway, keep an eye as there will be more challenges in future and usually they will be announced here on forum and social media.

Are either, or both, of you playing this game on PC? because I have never seen a Community Challenge and all i have seen online is people posting about the fact that there haven't been any challenges (for PC specifically)...

If so, now I'm worried something is wrong with my game and I've missed all these things.

AherasSTRG
03-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Are either, or both, of you playing this game on PC? because I have never seen a Community Challenge and all i have seen online is people posting about the fact that there haven't been any challenges (for PC specifically)...

If so, now I'm worried something is wrong with my game and I've missed all these things.
Yes, man, on the PC. If you haven't received any in-game notifications, then there must be something wrong with Ubisoft's servers. I suggest that you either talk to Mr_Shade or YAZ_H here.
Don't worry, though. Most probably, the challenges are gonna happen again or there will be a patch to unlock all the challenges-specific items. They look bad anyway :p .

BlackLabel8829
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes, man, on the PC. If you haven't received any in-game notifications, then there must be something wrong with Ubisoft's servers. I suggest that you either talk to Mr_Shade or YAZ_H here.
Don't worry, though. Most probably, the challenges are gonna happen again or there will be a patch to unlock all the challenges-specific items. They look bad anyway :p .

Thanks! Well, crap-it-all.

I've had issues with the community chests/white whales/convoys too. I've happened upon a few white whales on my own and seen only one chest, but those are ones I found not ones that the location was showing.

I guess I'll just wait until I can get the community-based items another way, or they magically start appearing for me. :p

YazX_
03-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks! Well, crap-it-all.

I've had issues with the community chests/white whales/convoys too. I've happened upon a few white whales on my own and seen only one chest, but those are ones I found not ones that the location was showing.

I guess I'll just wait until I can get the community-based items another way, or they magically start appearing for me. :p

i dont think there is anything wrong with your game, social stuff are hard to find, i had very hard time to get them especially the chests. anyway for community challenges, at the bottom right corner a notification will appear same as all in-game notifications and if you press ESC, on the right side it will show recent notifications, maybe you missed looking at it, to be always on the safe side, always press ESC and check the recent notifications and also keep an eye on social media (especially FB page ) and forum.

seriously i find it strange you missed them since every challenge ran for 10 days and all 4 events were sequential, thats 40 days of events. but dont worry, there will be other events.

if you want to contact forum mods then please contact Mr_Shade or Black_Widow9.

hlchade
03-14-2014, 12:32 AM
FYI, they've just started another community challenge today; so you can go in game to see if they're working for you.

Black Shadow943
11-10-2015, 03:48 AM
What I still don't get is how we aren't getting community challenges or a patch to unlock all of the challenge rewards and community chests but we still get white whales and royal convoys. Ubi, whats the deal?

Jessigirl2013
11-11-2015, 11:22 AM
What I still don't get is how we aren't getting community challenges or a patch to unlock all of the challenge rewards and community chests but we still get white whales and royal convoys. Ubi, whats the deal?

White whales and royal convoys are sort of build into the game.. I assume.. and just use RNG to spawn... again .. I'm guessing.:rolleyes:

Community challenges have to be sorted by UBI