PDA

View Full Version : are Sages more intelligent then Humans

Radman500
03-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Bartholomew and John and the various other sages..are they more intelligent then regular humans>

oliacr
03-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't think so provided you are Edward Kenway. By the way, why do you think?

STDlyMcStudpants
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Bartholomew and John and the various other sages..are they more intelligent then regular humans>
Not sure..give them an IQ test...
Intelligence will get you nowhere in life.
Its wit and willingness to do and act that will get you places.

ze_topazio
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
From what we know at the moment it seems that while they have a lot of knowledge, their bodies, including the brain, are still human, therefore they have limitations.

RinoTheBouncer
03-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I believe since they’re a reincarnation of the same person who ends up having awareness that he was reincarnated and remembers his past lives, then he’ll probably have the knowledge and experience of thousands of generations. I’m sure that makes one a bit more enlightened than others. But I believe that biologically, they’re nothing above humans.

Fatal-Feit
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
They are technically humans with more knowledge of experiences. So take it as you will.

Dome500
03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Intelligence or to be precise actually only the IQ describes a value for your ability to receive and process information, as well as to solve problems without anything but logic.

Since the Sages, like Fatal-Feit said only have more experience this does not mean they are more intelligent.

Information/Knowledge =/= Intelligence.

It means Sages might be able to evaluate situations better based on experience, but they are not more intelligent.

Also, taking other forms of intelligence into account (social intelligence, emotional intelligence, etc.) we can not really tell, since we have not much information about that.

LoyalACFan
03-13-2014, 12:30 AM
If I understand them correctly, the Sages exhibit symptoms similar to those of someone suffering from severe Bleeding Effect. They have all of these memories of past lives bouncing around in their head, but they can't precisely control when and where these memories will pop back up. It just isn't debilitating like what Daniel Cross was experiencing. So no, they aren't inherently more intelligent than normal humans.

Tanyn
03-13-2014, 04:36 AM
I believe since they’re a reincarnation of the same person who ends up having awareness that he was reincarnated and remembers his past lives, then he’ll probably have the knowledge and experience of thousands of generations. I’m sure that makes one a bit more enlightened than others. But I believe that biologically, they’re nothing above humans.

I'm not so sure that that's exactly how it happens. Yes, they're reincarnated, and yes they eventually remember it. But they don't remember EVERY life they've ever lived ... they only remember the first, when Juno used her husband in the experiment. They remember HIS life, but none of the others.

RinoTheBouncer
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm not so sure that that's exactly how it happens. Yes, they're reincarnated, and yes they eventually remember it. But they don't remember EVERY life they've ever lived ... they only remember the first, when Juno used her husband in the experiment. They remember HIS life, but none of the others.

This could be true. I mean, we weren’t told much about it but it’s possible.
Btw, I have one other question about Aita, why does his re-incarnations have this mustache while when we saw him in ACIII holograms at the Temple, he doesn’t have one?

Layytez
03-13-2014, 05:23 PM
This could be true. I mean, we weren’t told much about it but it’s possible.
Btw, I have one other question about Aita, why does his re-incarnations have this mustache while when we saw him in ACIII holograms at the Temple, he doesn’t have one?

It's more than the moustache, they look nothing alike. In AC3 Aita looked like the other humans and even dressed similar. Reason for this I'm guessing is to avoid spoiling us and wanted to surprise us with the reveal of who the Sages actually are.

I think they might have the memories of their previous reincarnations due to John imitating Barts voice. He could of just used an animus or just seen some recorded footage but it is possible to them to have memories of previous Sages.

MasterAssasin84
03-13-2014, 10:28 PM

Well Sages are reincarnations of Juno's husband Aita

It was said that the first civilisation inhabitants skull's was Slightly longer than humans so their brains was bigger in which case mental/mind and knowledge was way more advanced than BC and AD human beings.

Hans684
03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Sages

Sages are born normally with their own personality and memories, but they also possess the memories of Aita. They bear a strong physical resemblance to Aita, and possess a distinctive heterochromia.