PDA

View Full Version : Need help and advice with uninstalling Disk C with ac files on it?

andreycvetov
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
So i am planning to uninstall my Disk C but there is a folder there called ,,My documents''.In it there is lots of stuff for my games both on steam and uplay.If i copy the whole folder,later on,can i just put it back in there and pretend like nothing happend.Or will i get and error upon starting black flag and turn out that its unplayable but after i unistall it and istall it again it will make the same files i already have coppied?

YazX_
03-12-2014, 10:04 AM
by uninstalling you mean formatting, well if you want to be in the safe side, take a backup of the following:

1. Your whole user profile which is located C:\Users\[UserName] (i would take C:\Users not only my username).
2. You also MUST take backup of [Program Files]\UbisoftGameLauncher, this is where most of Ubisoft games saves are located (you could take savegames folder inside it, but i would take it as whole, and when im done formatting and install new OS, i will install UPlay and copy and replace those backup files on the installation folder)
3. C:\ProgramData folder, some games stored their profile data there.
4. Whole Steam folder. (if you place steam anywhere and just run it, it will repair the installation automatically, so no problem here)

better taking backups than regretting not to, in future you can delete those backups once you are done with restoring stuff.

pittbull4200
03-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Just a simple re-install of Uplay will break your game linking to account even though it is still there, just encountered this the other day when you uplay corrupted. Spent 24hours re-downloading just AC4 because apparently the downloads on uplay time out every 1 to 2 hours locking up forcing hard shut down - reboot then over and over till its done.

Reformatting will cause your pc to have a new hash for stored content like games and this method is likely not to work from previous experience but not with AC games which I am sure not much different.