PDA

View Full Version : Controller bug PLEASE HELP

FlippsDaPenguin
03-09-2014, 12:09 AM
This has made ACBL completely unplayable for me. The first time I played the game i had no problem with this. The next time I start the game it thinks im using a controller when all i have plugged in is my keyboard and mouse and i cant control the game at all. I have tried everything to fix this... i have re-installed the game, deleted my save, and restarted my computer and NOTHING FIXES IT. Please help me understand how to fix this... i just bought this game and now i cant even play it PLEASE HELP

playlisting
03-09-2014, 12:33 AM
That's unusual. Even when I have my 360 controller plugged in I can still instantly switch to mouse and keyboard whenever I please and I don't even have to go in options. Best thing to do would be to contact Ubisoft support. Even though sometimes they can take a few days to reply, they usually fix whatever's wrong. Good luck!

dsmith71
03-09-2014, 01:10 AM
This has made ACBL completely unplayable for me. The first time I played the game i had no problem with this. The next time I start the game it thinks im using a controller when all i have plugged in is my keyboard and mouse and i cant control the game at all. I have tried everything to fix this... i have re-installed the game, deleted my save, and restarted my computer and NOTHING FIXES IT. Please help me understand how to fix this... i just bought this game and now i cant even play it PLEASE HELP

You haven't forgotten something else such as rudder pedals? Some games recognise rudder pedals as a controller i had this problem (not with AC4) and had to disconnect them.

dsmith71
03-09-2014, 01:13 AM
That's unusual. Even when I have my 360 controller plugged in I can still instantly switch to mouse and keyboard whenever I please and I don't even have to go in options. Best thing to do would be to contact Ubisoft support. Even though sometimes they can take a few days to reply, they usually fix whatever's wrong. Good luck!

Sorry cant agree with you there, Ubisoft support are hopeless have a look at this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/832893-Uplay-is-crap-download-speed-is-crap

FlippsDaPenguin
03-09-2014, 01:14 AM
You haven't forgotten something else such as rudder pedals? Some games recognise rudder pedals as a controller i had this problem (not with AC4) and had to disconnect them.
the only things i have connected are my headset keyboard and mouse

playlisting
03-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Sorry cant agree with you there, Ubisoft support are hopeless have a look at this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/832893-Uplay-is-crap-download-speed-is-crap

I had a look at it and your main issue was with download speed which they attempted to fix in a patch very recently. Ubisoft support do usually help people get their issues dealt with it's just in your case it was difficult to actually fix the problem because it was with your download speed and it's your ISP that deals with that. Personally, I get around the same speeds on Uplay, Origin and Steam, so Uplay's servers can't be too bad.

FlippsDaPenguin
03-09-2014, 02:07 AM
to anyone wondering ive contacted ubisoft support in a live chat session and they told me to disable HID-compliant game controller drivers

playlisting
03-09-2014, 10:56 AM
to anyone wondering ive contacted ubisoft support in a live chat session and they told me to disable HID-compliant game controller drivers
Did it work?

YazX_
03-09-2014, 03:29 PM
controls settings are stored in this file:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4.ini

look for the following lines and replace them with this:

[Input]
SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2

save file and exit, if the game switched the controls again then you have a driver hijacking your K/M and reporting to the game that its the default input and thats why Support advised you to disabled HID devices.

dsmith71
03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
I had a look at it and your main issue was with download speed which they attempted to fix in a patch very recently. Ubisoft support do usually help people get their issues dealt with it's just in your case it was difficult to actually fix the problem because it was with your download speed and it's your ISP that deals with that. Personally, I get around the same speeds on Uplay, Origin and Steam, so Uplay's servers can't be too bad.

Well the patch was a failure and why then can I download using my full bandwidth elsewhere but not from the AC4 server. Hmmm? Only Ubisoft would have the audacity to create games dependant on their servers yet not make them capable of utilising our max download. I think that 90 hours to download a patch at 26 kb/s is totally unacceptable particularly when uplay has no backup and i would have to do it all again in the future. If it was my ISP I would be having this problem all the time and would be complaining to my ISP and not be here. i am now into day 31 of this nonsense.