PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed V - Leaked pic from Ubisoft's studio

Pages : [1] 2

Jayden_TSoni
03-08-2014, 11:47 PM
You can see the pic here (https://upload.facebook.com/LeVeritadellAnimus/photos/a.360176137371039.82227.205665476155440/630134467041870/?type=1&stream_ref=10), so let's analized this.

In his right hand the man is wielding a pistol, a revolver, to be precise. This type of gun was invented in the first half of the nineteenth century, a period in line with the clothing of the Assassin.

This is not Edward, therefore, especially considering that the flintlock pistols that we saw in Black Flag had a lot more double barrel, unlike the image that seems thin, like the one you see in the picture to the right.

Under the long dress there seems to be a white jacket, sleeveless ones that were in vogue in the 40s.

Parts such as sleeves and shoulders seem to be dark purple and the Assassin use a pair of black gloves. What do you think?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1901520_630093483712635_1508014974_n.jpg

ACfan443
03-08-2014, 11:50 PM
It was already posted in the 'leaks' thread.

overdidd
03-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Time for a closeup.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/oqlr29.jpg

Dome500
03-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Assumptions and Conlusions:

Assumed Location: England or France
Assumed Timeline: 17th - 19th century

1. Assumed Assassins Creed V era and location conclusion:
We play in 2 countries, the locations being Paris and London in the time of the Napoleonic Wars and Victorian England (those times crossed each other).

2. Assumed Assassins Creed V era and location conclusion:
We play in 2 countries, the locations being Paris and London during the time of the English Civil War and the European 30years-war

To be honest, I've got no idea ;)

breakdownthewall
03-09-2014, 12:00 AM
All I know is all of a sudden I'm very excited and it feels like an announcement is right around the corner.

overdidd
03-09-2014, 12:04 AM
All I know is all of a sudden I'm very excited and it feels like an announcement is right around the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY

breakdownthewall
03-09-2014, 12:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY

lol that was a great way to convey your message ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-09-2014, 12:19 AM
I think its a really great photoshop job lol

silvermercy
03-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Hmm... if it's indeed photoshop have we seen this pic before? It looks more like concept art rather than fan art... But I don't know...

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 12:36 AM
An Assassin with a black robe would be refreshing. :)

I know we've had the option to get black robes in the past, but a robe designed to be black first hand is much better, IMO.

Please be Jack the Ripper...

overdidd
03-09-2014, 12:40 AM
It's just a picture of Darby McDevitt in his Assassin's Creed cosplay trolling us all.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Hmm... if it's indeed photoshop have we seen this pic before? It looks more like concept art rather than fan art... But I don't know...

It just doesnt stick out as credible for me because the poster of a character on your way down is placed there for creative reasons.
To trigger a mind set.
I just see no character(charisma) in this image that would provoke a thought process or inspire creativity as we can see the edward poster clearly does

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 01:19 AM
It just doesnt stick out as credible for me because the poster of a character on your way down is placed there for creative reasons.
To trigger a mind set.
I just see no character(charisma) in this image that would provoke a thought process or inspire creativity as we can see the edward poster clearly does

Ezio from Brotherhood was displayed in a similar way too so I don't see the problem. It'll most likely change over time, anyway.

Radman500
03-09-2014, 01:23 AM
is this a high class assassin

silvermercy
To trigger a mind set.
You mean by the lack of background? That's the only thing that's a bit odd but I don't know... If this image is real I could easily imagine him as a higher class British assassin, above any suspicion, (kinda like jack the ripper, but working for the greater good, not evil... lol). All it's missing is a dark and misty background with Big Ben in the distance and I'm sold! lol

(Assuming of course he's British... and real...)

STDlyMcStudpants
Ezio from Brotherhood was displayed in a similar way too so I don't see the problem. It'll most likely change over time, anyway.

Those 2 cant be compared....Ezio already had an established character and era .
Im not brain storming master..but i know scenery sparks creativity...a black background though? No

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 01:24 AM
You mean by the lack of background? That's the only thing that's a bit odd but I don't know... If this image is real I could easily imagine him as a higher class British assassin, above any suspicion, (kinda like jack the ripper, but working for the greater good, not evil... lol). All it's missing is a dark and misty background with Big Ben in the distance and I'm sold! lol

and what makes you so certain that Jack the Ripper wasn't working for the greater good in the first place?

silvermercy
03-09-2014, 01:25 AM
and what makes you so certain that Jack the Ripper wasn't working for the greater good in the first place?
That thought crossed my mind actually for a moment. lol

But nah...

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Those 2 cant be compared....Ezio already had an established character and era .
Im not brain storming master..but i know scenery sparks creativity...a black background though? No

That doesn't make sense, though. We're talking about what they displayed, not the characters. Ezio in Brotherhood was shown standing with his dual blades up with his iconic stance with a blank background. The new Assassin shown is in a similar fashion except with one blade. For all we know, they could be pulling a Brotherhood and said Assassin could be Edward in Black Flag 2.

Don't get me wrong, I know the importance of scenery, but there's a possibility of them changing it once they reveal the game.

Radman500
03-09-2014, 01:31 AM
That doesn't make sense, though. We're talking about what they displayed, not the characters. Ezio in Brotherhood was shown standing with his dual blades up with his iconic stance with a blank background. The new Assassin shown is in a similar fashion except with one blade. For all we know, they could be pulling a Brotherhood and said Assassin could be Edward in Black Flag 2.

Don't get me wrong, I know the importance of scenery, but there's a possibility of them changing it once they reveal the game.

to me the assassin seems like he is wealhty/upper class

silvermercy
03-09-2014, 01:33 AM
It's a blade?? It looks more like a gun to me... (but then it's blurry)

edit: btw, I don't know why this image looks a bit familiar but I think someone had posted a fan art (about a British assassin) a few days ago here on this forum. And it looked similar to this. Does someone remember this pic? Just in case we're being trolled...

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 01:36 AM

I dunno, it looks too skinny to be a gun, but it's not at the right angle to be a hidden blade (unless it pivots like Connor's)

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 02:47 AM
edit: btw, I don't know why this image looks a bit familiar but I think someone had posted a fan art (about a British assassin) a few days ago here on this forum. And it looked similar to this. Does someone remember this pic? Just in case we're being trolled...

It would be a very successful troll, LOL. Whatever the case is, at least this is keeping up busy, haha.

Regarding the gun... IDK, it looks more like a hidden blade to me.

Kagurra
03-09-2014, 03:06 AM
I really don't like the revolver thing... I hope that's not the case.

Remember getting a gun in the AC3 present day Abstergo mission? Yeah. Like the games needed to be any easier. Let's go back to when we didn't have a gun. At all.

I hope it's either not a gun at all, or... it is a gun, but a hoax.

Assassin_M
03-09-2014, 03:09 AM
I really don't like the revolver thing... I hope that's not the case.

Remember getting a gun in the AC3 present day Abstergo mission? Yeah. Like the games needed to be any easier. Let's go back to when we didn't have a gun. At all.

I hope it's either not a gun at all, or... it is a gun, but a hoax.
I hope it's a gun just so I can laugh...

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 03:16 AM

What makes you think the guns will be based off that one short segment of AC:3, lol? If anything, it'll be like AC:3 and AC:L because last I check, they too had guns.

Kagurra
03-09-2014, 04:08 AM
What makes you think the guns will be based off that one short segment of AC:3, lol? If anything, it'll be like AC:3 and AC:L because last I check, they too had guns.

Uhm... because a revolver is a lot more similar to a semi-automatic double action handgun seen in modern day times than a flintlock is. 6-8 shots, possibility of having multiple guns = Really?

In AC3 and AC4 (if you decided to use the golden pistols) you could kill like 4 dudes at the drop of a hat. That was too much as it is.

Please tell me you see why this would be a problem. Only way it would be somewhat possible but still kinda easy is to rework the entire game's structure. If they were going to do that, I'd rather a much improved combat system than improved gunplay. Going back to AC1-AC2 times or earlier would be a lot more interesting IMO.

Consus_E
03-09-2014, 04:22 AM

Sleeve Pistol anyone?
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/03/moriarty_threatens_sherlock_holmes_with_a_mini_sle eve_pistol-37349.gif
The Bad*** is strong with this Assassin...

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 05:13 AM
Uhm... because a revolver is a lot more similar to a semi-automatic double action handgun seen in modern day times than a flintlock is. 6-8 shots, possibility of having multiple guns = Really?

In AC3 and AC4 (if you decided to use the golden pistols) you could kill like 4 dudes at the drop of a hat. That was too much as it is.

Please tell me you see why this would be a problem. Only way it would be somewhat possible but still kinda easy is to rework the entire game's structure. If they were going to do that, I'd rather a much improved combat system than improved gunplay. Going back to AC1-AC2 times or earlier would be a lot more interesting IMO.

Well, to be fair-- If you've noticed, guns and long range tools tend to get a little more nerfed every game. Hell, even firing 4 shots in AC:IV was slower than what it was in AC:3 and AC:L. With knowing how they usually handle these things, if they give us an actual revolver, the most it'll do is offer better animations, lol.

AC:1-AC:2 had it's occasional problems with long range too, you know. Those throwing knives were more OP than guns. So can't say I'm worried at all.

Kagurra
03-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Well, to be fair-- If you've noticed, guns and long range tools tend to get a little more nerfed every game. Hell, even firing 4 shots in AC:IV was slower than what it was in AC:3 and AC:L. With knowing how they usually handle these things, if they give us an actual revolver, the most it'll do is offer better animations, lol.

AC:1-AC:2 had it's occasional problems with long range too, you know. Those throwing knives were more OP than guns. So can't say I'm worried at all.

Well, okay.

On a more personal level instead of from a balance perspective, I'm getting bored of guns in AC. From the enemies too. Maybe these type of guns would be enough to mix it up, but if you have revolvers, unless it's a scenario where the Assassin has the first ever revolver based on some lost technology, the other enemies will have automatic weapons like sub machine guns. That's just... not AC.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Well, okay.

On a more personal level instead of from a balance perspective, I'm getting bored of guns in AC. From the enemies too. Maybe these type of guns would be enough to mix it up, but if you have revolvers, unless it's a scenario where the Assassin has the first ever revolver based on some lost technology, the other enemies will have automatic weapons like sub machine guns. That's just... not AC.

Fair enough. I, personally, am okay with whatever they throw at us as long as it's like AC:IV. I don't want the developers to stress themselves out and throw a jumble of random equipment at us like crossbows and armor. As long as the Assassin is unique and have a simple amount of equipment that're resourceful enough, I can dig it. That's probably why guns don't bother me. They're resourceful, more balanced, and looks comfortable on my Assassins'.

RagingDragon14
03-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Sleeve Pistol anyone?
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/03/moriarty_threatens_sherlock_holmes_with_a_mini_sle eve_pistol-37349.gif
The Bad*** is strong with this Assassin...

This gif makes me want to see our Assassin sporting a derringer pocket pistol like Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained.

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 06:20 AM
This gif makes me want to see our Assassin sporting a derringer pocket pistol like Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained.

These are already technically in AC, one of the MP ground finishes uses them. But I agree, they'd be cool as an SP weapon as long as they weren't turned into a long-range thing, that'd be cheesy.

RagingDragon14
03-09-2014, 06:28 AM
These are already technically in AC, one of the MP ground finishes uses them. But I agree, they'd be cool as an SP weapon as long as they weren't turned into a long-range thing, that'd be cheesy.

I don't really play the multiplayer too often. :p

But yeah, a derringer would be best kept as a close range, shock (?) or surprise weapon for killing an assassination target or something like that.

AdamPearce
03-09-2014, 07:30 AM
If the game is set in France during the Victorian Era that would the biggest f*sting Ubi has ever made to his fans.

ACConspiracies
03-09-2014, 08:12 AM
An Assassin with a black robe would be refreshing. :)

I know we've had the option to get black robes in the past, but a robe designed to be black first hand is much better, IMO.

Please be Jack the Ripper...

Well I think this one looks black just because it's dark bit actually i think this one is dark blue with bits of red... and by that I think we can tell that it will be set in France and England from that guy on neogaf who said he talked with someone on a plane... He described a blue suit with red parts and that it has a Victoria style which this one is.... but I don't think that revolver will be there... I think we will have the hidden gun again...

iSoTryHard
03-09-2014, 08:19 AM

I think I saw this exact thing in an old Assassins Creed 3 trailer or something. It was either an empty wall or it was Connor. This is al off my memory though

souNdwAve89
03-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I think I saw this exact thing in an old Assassins Creed 3 trailer or something. It was either an empty wall or it was Connor. This is al off my memory though

It was a video interview of Ubiworkshop about the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. They said it was just fan art of an Assassin during the Civil War, but the closet thing was that later on AC3 was announced to be during Colonial America.

http://brutalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/assassins-creed-civil-war-pic.jpg

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/09/Assassins-Creed-hint.jpg

TheArcaneEagle
03-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Hmm interesting. But I want a Chinese/Japan assassin. I don't want another game to have guns in it. I think that may be a revolver in his hand.

PCGamesKing145
03-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Its not new brother, this picture of Assassin's Creed 5 was already posted in leak links. I think I have seen it!

Iceternal6
03-09-2014, 11:46 AM
If the game is set in France during the Victorian Era that would the biggest f*sting Ubi has ever made to his fans.

Indeed OMG ... no Napoleon, no French Revolution...

Please don't UBI

mou119
03-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Hmm interesting. But I want a Chinese/Japan assassin. I don't want another game to have guns in it. I think that may be a revolver in his hand.

I completely agree, I really don't want another AC game with firearms everywhere. If the next game will have an assassin with a derringer or sleeve gun, I hope it's not a very important element of the game and that it works like Ezio's hidden gun or crossbow and they bring back "lock target"...

The good thing about victorian London would be that it wouldn't have the oversaturated multicolour art style of ACIV (I hope!)...

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
To all the above people discussing about revolvers and ****. The first revolver was created on 1833 by an Italian inventor and did not go into mass production untl the 1860s. As you can see, automated guns did not appear until the middle of the Victorian Era. In fact, weapon technology did not know much evolution between the middle of the 18th Century and the middle of the 19th century. Should the next Assassin's Creed game take place anywhere between 1750 and 1850, the guns used will be the same as the ones Connor and Aveline wielded. If I am not mistaken by that time, the "heaviest" pistol would fire up to 6 shots, while its design and function were inelegant and problematic.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 01:12 PM
To all the above people discussing about revolvers and ****. The first revolver was created on 1833 by an Italian inventor and did not go into mass production untl the 1860s. As you can see, automated guns did not appear until the middle of the Victorian Era. In fact, weapon technology did not know much evolution between the middle of the 18th Century and the middle of the 19th century. Should the next Assassin's Creed game take place anywhere between 1750 and 1850, the guns used will be the same as the ones Connor and Aveline wielded. If I am not mistaken by that time, the "heaviest" pistol would fire up to 6 shots, while its design and function were inelegant and problematic.

Guns, guns, guns. Why do we need guns? Just give me a sword.

overdidd
03-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Guns, guns, guns. Why do we need guns? Just give me a sword.

Looks like it's time for PP! *hehe PP :]*

ze_topazio
03-09-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't see any problem with automatic guns, if the guards are carrying automatic guns that would force the Assassin to use stealth to avoid being shot, guns are noisy so approaching your target and silently stab him in the heart would still be a better option, some of you people have a terrible lack of imagination.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't see any problem with automatic guns, if the guards are carrying automatic guns that would force the Assassin to use stealth to avoid being shot, guns are noisy so approaching your target and silently stab him in the heart would still be a better option, some of you people have a terrible lack of imagination.

Why did I love AC2, ACB, ACR more than AC3 and ACIV in general? Because of the time period- middle ages- no guns. yeah i know you saw guns in acb and acr and the hiddengun but you couldn't use those guns, and the hidden gun is acceptable, the bigger guns like muskets are not for me .

ze_topazio
03-09-2014, 02:41 PM
And I said that a game with guns would have to be more focused on stealth, people talk so much about stealth but I get the feeling that in the end they still want to enter in big brawls with the guards but using only cold weapons.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 02:55 PM
And I said that a game with guns would have to be more focused on stealth, people talk so much about stealth but I get the feeling that in the end they still want to enter in big brawls with the guards but using only cold weapons.

A mission won't be more stealthier because the enemy has guns. They had it in ACB and ACR too, + they have and had their loud voices. They can make every mission more stealthier by adding the "do not be seen" - but this again don't need. or they can add some bonus for completing the mission by using a stealthy method.

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
To all the above people discussing about revolvers and ****. The first revolver was created on 1833 by an Italian inventor and did not go into mass production until the 1860s. As you can see, automated guns did not appear until the middle of the Victorian Era. In fact, weapon technology did not know much evolution between the middle of the 18th Century and the middle of the 19th century. Should the next Assassin's Creed game take place anywhere between 1750 and 1850, the guns used will be the same as the ones Connor and Aveline wielded. If I am not mistaken by that time, the "heaviest" pistol would fire up to 6 shots, while its design and function were inelegant and problematic.

This doesn't mean anything. There were no hummingbird-sized wheellock pistols in 1247 either, but Altair had one. The First Civ tech can justify basically anything.

SixKeys
03-09-2014, 04:14 PM
This doesn't mean anything. There were no hummingbird-sized wheellock pistols in 1247 either, but Altair had one. The First Civ tech can justify basically anything.

They really need to be careful with that. I already hate that we have bullet-repellant armor and a dozen anachronistic upgrades to the hidden blade. Using First Civ technology to justify overpowered gameplay mechanics feels cheap.

Will_Lucky
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Indeed OMG ... no Napoleon, no French Revolution...

Please don't UBI

It might be Napoleon....Napoleon III.

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
They really need to be careful with that. I already hate that we have bullet-repellant armor and a dozen anachronistic upgrades to the hidden blade. Using First Civ technology to justify overpowered gameplay mechanics feels cheap.

Well, relative to what they've done in the past with POE's and magic space armor, having a revolver a couple of years before it was invented is a relatively minor offense.

SixKeys
03-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Well, relative to what they've done in the past with POE's and magic space armor, having a revolver a couple of years before it was invented is a relatively minor offense.

Sure, but who says they'll stop there? They seem to be doing more and more with each game. ToKW being perhaps the most egregious example, though the canonicity of that acid trip is questionable.

BTW, I'm going to start calling Altaïr's armor "magic space armor" from now on. :p

Will_Lucky
03-09-2014, 05:03 PM
If its definitely a Revolver then we can take a guess when it is at least set, give or take a year. But odds are they haven't committed a transgression. I recall Altair originally having a Crossbow in AC1 before the developers realized...oh wait it wasn't invented yet. But of course, using a POE to speed up an invention can happen, and has done before. Leonardo for example using the Apple well advanced his ideas quite a bit.

By my count the first real Revolver was in 1836, there were predecessors but non of them came close to the improvements put into place by that year that actually made them a reliable weapon of choice.

Now lets go with my original guess, if this protagonist is French and it is highly focused there and it isn't the French Revolution I'd guess its going to be a game revolving around not Napoleon but his Nephew, Napoleon III. He was Emperor from 1852-1870, quite a nice timeline for an Assassins Creed game. Presumably were Napoleon III given the Apple his Uncle used...well I can see something being written already. Napoleon III was hugely successful in leading France...more or less up until that doomed war against Prussia.

I certainly see a lot of potential within that timeframe, and an Assassin could wield a Revolver within said timeframe as well as it certainly exists by this point.

Mr.GoodKall
03-09-2014, 05:17 PM
What is this crap? Guns? come on UBI! Keep the original, hidden blades, swords.... its more entertaining to fight someone with a sword or put your blade through someone's head than just shooting them. Not feeling it..

oliacr
03-09-2014, 06:12 PM
What is this crap? Guns? come on UBI! Keep the original, hidden blades, swords.... its more entertaining to fight someone with a sword or put your blade through someone's head than just shooting them. Not feeling it..

Instead of this. You pull out your 4 guns, and shoot everybody on sight

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Instead of this. You pull out your 4 guns, and shoot everybody on sight
Have you played Freedom Cry?

jayjay275
03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Victorian London then?

Hans684
03-09-2014, 06:25 PM

It isn't original to be original all the time, would it be original to only have AC games with blades?

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Lol, so much personal gripes against guns. It's no worse than throwing knives and crossbows.

jayjay275
03-09-2014, 06:27 PM

It is okay if they limit the pistols to one shot, not anything more. However, I do agree that swords and hidden blades are much more interesting.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:33 PM
It isn't original to be original all the time, would it be original to only have AC games with blades?
Just got mind ****ed.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 06:37 PM

yes, you pull out your big shot gun and shoot even more enemies with one shot. interesting id rather have a bow and arrow

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 06:42 PM
yes, you pull out your big shot gun and shoot even more enemies with one shot
Yeah, you do exactly that and half the plantation's slaves you wanted to liberate are now dead by the enemy NPCs.
My point is that the developers do not have to exclude guns altogether from the game, just find ways to encourage the use of stealth over the use of gunpowder.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, you do exactly that and half the plantation's slaves you wanted to liberate are now dead by the enemy NPCs.
My point is that the developers do not have to exclude guns altogether from the game, just find ways to encourage the use of stealth over the use of gunpowder.

then we can go back to the original question, why do we need guns. I haven't had any problem with the guns yet. but i have seen and used it enough.

AherasSTRG
03-09-2014, 07:03 PM
then we can go back to the original question, why do we need guns. I haven't had any problem with the guns yet. but i have seen and used it enough.

It's about the historical period the developers wish to explore. They cannot exclude the French Revolution, for example, just because there are guns in that period and there have already been 2 games with guns. At the same time, it's only natural for an Assassin fighting in that period to carry a gun. It's the mechanics that will make you want to use stealth more than your gun.
Wait, are you talking about the gun, as a mechanic for ranged kills or as a visual - feeling?

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 07:07 PM

Because it was historically deadly at the time, and was actually resourceful?

Mr.GoodKall
03-09-2014, 07:08 PM

No I have not

Mr.GoodKall
03-09-2014, 07:11 PM
My point is not that AC has guns, one shot is fine but now they going to a revolver? its becoming more like Splinter cell than AC, I like to actually fight enemies and not shoot them with a revolver like RDR. That's what I mean. Why fix whats not broken?

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
My point is not that AC has guns, one shot is fine but now they going to a revolver? its becoming more like Splinter cell than AC, I like to actually fight enemies and not shoot them with a revolver like RDR. That's what I mean. Why fix whats not broken?

It's called innovation. Why make a new product if the old ones aren't broken? It's hardly Splinter Cell either. --Don't be paranoid.

It's not as though guns dominated the field. In AC:B, we had a hidden pistol that didn't reload and shot 4 enemies faster than Edward could in AC:IV. You could double tool kill over 10+ times with the hidden pistol where you can only do it 4 times in AC:IV and double tool kills were quicker and more deadly back then. And then there's throwing knives. Quick, deadly, and could kill 3 soldiers in 1 shot. Not to mention 15+ double tool kills. I really can't see how a revolver could make anything worse than before, lol.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
It's about the historical period the developers wish to explore. They cannot exclude the French Revolution, for example, just because there are guns in that period and there have already been 2 games with guns. At the same time, it's only natural for an Assassin fighting in that period to carry a gun. It's the mechanics that will make you want to use stealth more than your gun.
Wait, are you talking about the gun, as a mechanic for ranged kills or as a visual - feeling?

Because it was historically deadly at the time, and was actually resourceful?
That's why I never want to visit any time period again above 1600AD. AC3 and AC4 was fine but not again. AC doesn't need any guns. just my personal opinions
When someone told me try out AC1 , I responded no never bad game. and some years later I have discovered ACB and it looked very nice Rome especially. I started playing because I wanted to see this whole thing, then I played ac2 and ac1 as well. Loved them because I was able to revisit these great cities in middle ages.. and I just don't like the most of the history above 1800 AD thats not even history. victorian england? are you kidding? barely 100years... I don't want to see trains, cars, etc... in an ac game. go and play watch dogs then.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
That's why I never want to visit any time period again above 1600AD. AC3 and AC4 was fine but not again. AC doesn't need any guns. just my personal opinions
When someone told me try out AC1 , I responded no never bad game. and some years later I have discovered ACB and it looked very nice Rome especially. I started playing because I wanted to see this whole thing, then I played ac2 and ac1 as well. Loved them because I was able to revisit these great cities in middle ages.. and I just don't like the most of the history above 1800 AD thats not even history. victorian england? are you kidding? barely 100years... I don't want to see trains, cars, etc... in an ac game. go and play watch dogs then.

Watch Dogs is modern day with a different story that doesn't delve into philosophies or showcases the same stories AC conveys.

Assassin's Creed isn't all about being a medieval warrior fighting in the name of a Creed in the year 1300. There's a genuinely great story to each game that fits into exploring each settings, may it be 17th century or the Renaissance. That is what I enjoy most.

Victorian London is beautiful and fits into the story. Having guns changes nothing. Hell, they're not even as deadly as the tools before.

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Watch Dogs is modern day with a different story that doesn't delve into philosophies or showcases the same stories AC conveys.

Assassin's Creed isn't all about being a medieval warrior fighting in the name of a Creed in the year 1300. There's a genuinely great story to each game that fits into exploring each settings, may it be 17th century or the Renaissance. That is what I enjoy most.

Victorian London is beautiful and fits into the story. Having guns changes nothing. Hell, they're not even as deadly as the tools before.

Yeah, I agree. It's not going to be all revolved around guns if they are in the game, the AC stealth element will still be there. Guns will be handy in some parts of the game, and hidden blades etc. will be the better choice in other parts of the game. Even in ACIV I found myself hardly using the guns, even though they were there, I only used them every so often when I felt they were the better option. :)

oliacr
03-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Tell me at least one thing why it is fits into the story? You can do this for every year even every month or day.... not time periods.

Mr.GoodKall
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM

AC is exactly medieval fighting in the name of Creed. There are still soooo many great historical event and settings that they can go to instead of going recent. That's why they have watch dogs and the division, for people who want a modern day AC so much, and now they can stay with the true AC, in ancient times. I don't want this game to have a revolver, and then by AC7, well have a M4 or something.. Stay with swords, blades, bow n arrow, throwing knifes..... Make your weapons and outfits customizable. they don't need to go with guns. Just my opinion.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 07:45 PM
AC is exactly medieval fighting in the name of Creed. There are still soooo many great historical event and settings that they can go to instead of going recent. That's why they have watch dogs and the division, for people who want a modern day AC so much, and now they can stay with the true AC, in ancient times. I don't want this game to have a revolver, and then by AC7, well have a M4 or something.. Stay with swords, blades, bow n arrow, throwing knifes..... Make your weapons and outfits customizable. they don't need to go with guns. Just my opinion.

Laughed at this, but but but...

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Tell me at least one thing why it is fits into the story? You can do this for every year even every month or day.... not time periods.

I don't understand what you said on the last part, but regarding the question, it basically just does. I don't think you need a schooling to understand why guns would be viable during the 17th century, lol.

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
AC is exactly medieval fighting in the name of Creed. There are still soooo many great historical event and settings that they can go to instead of going recent.

I do prefer the times further back in history for AC, as I do prefer the swords and blades. The pistol in ACII wasn't so bad as it couldn't really be overused. I think Ubisoft could pull off a more modern time period, but I do prefer the older times like ACII.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't understand what you said on the last part, but regarding the question, it basically just does. I don't think you need a schooling to understand why guns would be viable during the 17th century, lol.

So basically you just can't come up with a proper reason why it is fitting to the game. you just want it. thats the difference. you want 1800 AD history, I don't. I want middle ages. You - I don't know-.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 07:53 PM

No, AC CAN and have been set during medieval time fighting in the name of the Creed, but it's not ALL about it. AC isn't just ancients times. You're making your own definition of AC, now. AC can be set anywhere and any period of time. It's all about what story, gameplay, and setting can be beautifully conveyed there.

Watch Dogs and the Division are not AC, and that's a fact. They have a different story entirely. I might as well say you guys should just play Tenchu or Way of the Samurai instead of waiting for an eastern AC. That anatomy of yours is flawed, bro.

Regarding the weapons, that's personal gripes. I too don't care for guns--I just want the hidden blade and poison darts, but it doesn't mean I can call AC1-AC:R a Prince of Persia wannabe for having knives, swords, and catacombs.

ArabianFrost
03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
It's called innovation. Why make a new product if the old ones aren't broken? It's hardly Splinter Cell either. --Don't be paranoid.

It's not as though guns dominated the field. In AC:B, we had a hidden pistol that didn't reload and shot 4 enemies faster than Edward could in AC:IV. You could double tool kill over 10+ times with the hidden pistol where you can only do it 4 times in AC:IV and double tool kills were quicker and more deadly back then. And then there's throwing knives. Quick, deadly, and could kill 3 soldiers in 1 shot. Not to mention 15+ double tool kills. I really can't see how a revolver could make anything worse than before, lol.

I know it sounds silly, but the visual representation of said ranged tools gives the feel of a authenticity and history the game should provide. Mechanically, it's all ranged stuff at the end, but it's about how you deliver that experience without making it feel like a modern game.

yoloswaggins355
03-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Why is everything getting mad at a more modern time period?
It isn't even modern anyway. It is still before anything actually classed as modern history (1900 AD -Present day)
The guns don't ruin the game, they make it better. Sure it makes some aspects different, but the stealth is still there, and you can still use swords. Guns during the Victorian era, were not as useful as those during WW1.
Another thing that I would like to mention, is that you are all over-reacting. Just because they are possibly doing this time period, doesn't mean that they will go even further. In my opinion, Victorian London is the best time period that they can do, so to not do it because guns are involved is ridiculous.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
So basically you just can't come up with a proper reason why it is fitting to the game. you just want it. thats the difference. you want 1800 AD history, I don't. I want middle ages. You - I don't know-.

Lol, I'm pretty sure everyyone and their grandmas knows why guns can fit into the 17th century AC. I'm just trying to not spell out the obvious. --which is guns were blatantly resourceful and dominant at the time.

Now don't get personal and nitpicky, dude. Everyone has an opinion and a favorite setting for AC to tackle. I prefer China but the 1800th century doesn't bother me either. No need to categorize people all because they disagree with your ideology.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Lol, I'm pretty sure everyyone and their grandmas knows why guns can fit into the 17th century AC. I'm just trying to not spell out the obvious. --which is guns were blatantly resourceful and dominant at the time.

Now don't get personal and nitpicky, dude. Everyone has an opinion and a favorite setting for AC to tackle. I prefer China but the 1800th century doesn't bother me either. No need to categorize people all because they disagree with your ideology.

I didn't do that. But back, you just saying that the guns fith into 17th century ac. but that wasn't the question, and I see you can't answer it or won't nevermind. no offense.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 08:07 PM
I know it sounds silly, but the visual representation of said ranged tools gives the feel of a authenticity and history the game should provide. Mechanically, it's all ranged stuff at the end, but it's about how you deliver that experience without making it feel like a modern game.

I get that, and that's why I said what I said. Mechanically, range was too practical in the old games. You would use the hidden pistol twice as much as you would have guns in the newer ones. As someone said before, even though AC:IV had an emphasis on guns, it's not as though it's the most resourceful way of stealth, combat, or generally completing the game.

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 08:10 PM
I didn't do that. But back, you just saying that the guns fith into 17th century ac. but that wasn't the question, and I see you can't answer it or won't nevermind. no offense.

I'm pretty sure I've answered all your questions. But feel free to throw it back at me because truthfully, I have trouble understanding your grammar. Could have misinterpret it.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 08:12 PM
I get that, and that's why I said what I said. Mechanically, range was too practical in the old games. You would use the hidden pistol twice as much as you would have guns in the newer ones. As someone said before, even though AC:IV had an emphasis on guns, it's not as though it's the most resourceful way of stealth, combat, or generally completing the game.

Crossbow is better than hidden gun :) nevermind. Just announce it ubi...

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 08:14 PM

Can't be much longer now

Mr_Shade
03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire - and this is no way official..

But I find it odd, so many people complained about AC games being yearly - and so many are asking for announcements for one, when they don't hear about one..

Guess no one wins..

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM

But too clunky and conspicious, sadly.

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM

But I find it odd, so many people complained about AC games being yearly - and so many are asking for announcements for one, when they don't hear about one..

Guess no one wins..

I'm not fussed that they release them annually, as long as they continue to release great games. I think there are franchises out there that release annually that aren't so great because of it.

oliacr
03-09-2014, 08:49 PM
But too clunky and conspicious, sadly.

Still more silent than a musket :D

Mr.GoodKall
03-09-2014, 10:42 PM

Guess no one wins..

I LOVE YEARLY RELEASES!!!! Its not like the games are getting any worse, so keep it coming. I would be mad if they stop yearly releases

RinoTheBouncer
03-09-2014, 10:48 PM
MARK MY WORDS: ACV will take place in Russia.
There are way too many hints on acinitiates.com

SeanC_1967
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Hopefully the announcement comes tomorrow, getting too excited now for it not to be.

I don't mind more modern settings although I do somewhat agree that the guns shouldn't be used as much. I know AC3 did it, but I'd love to see the next game incorporate a bow as one of the main weapons, and updating the mechanics of the weapon. Wasn't too big a fan of the bow gameplay in AC3.

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 11:02 PM
It HAS to be sometime soon. I'm hoping tomorrow, as I think everyone else is.

xPipBoy
03-09-2014, 11:03 PM

Maybe the modern day!

JCH33T-
03-09-2014, 11:07 PM

What are the hints? :)

ze_topazio
03-09-2014, 11:24 PM

This article agrees with that and theorizes that the announcement may be delayed because of the problems going on in Ukraine.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1163737/assassins-creed-5-location-russia-ukraine-ac-5-release-date/

Iceternal6
03-09-2014, 11:32 PM

Wrong

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 12:10 AM
It hasn't been a year since Darby said that they will be staying away from Russia for the time being (at least in the historical part).

Radman500
03-10-2014, 12:26 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/billcunningham/foldable-dagger-pepperbox-knuckle-duster.jpg

saw this on initiates forums....this could be the weapon the assassin is holding in the pic

its called an apache revolver, guess who created it...... it was created by the French

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_revolver

this could be a big hint

it was build in the early 1900s...

Layytez
03-10-2014, 12:29 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/billcunningham/foldable-dagger-pepperbox-knuckle-duster.jpg

saw this on initiates forums....this could be the weapon the assassin is holding in the pic

its called an apache revolver, guess who created it...... it was created by the French

this could be a big hint

Sigh...

Radman500
03-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Sigh...
what? is it exactly

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 12:38 AM
I think its the fact its the early 1900s, thats...much further in the timeline I think anyone expected or wanted.

However there is a small fact the creator of that post has overlooked. The Apache Revolver was designed in 1860, it only became famous in the early 1900s ;).

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Gunblades...
Have a look at this history forum: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31092&PN=1

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nickcrown/Bump-pistol-knife01-w.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nickcrown/DSC04974.jpg

French Flintlock Pistol/Dagger, 18th century. Length 18" Weight 1.2 lbs
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff423/The_Alani_Dragon_Rising/image.jpg

Replica English pistol manufactured by Bunney, 18th century (you could maybe attach a blade to this)
http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/ekmps/shops/bladesbows/images/replica-english-pistol-manufactured-by-bunney-18th-century-2366-p.jpg

18th century knife pistol with spring.
http://images.ookaboo.com/photo/m/Coach_Gun_gm002_m.jpg

This is a 15" Civil War Pistol Sword with working hammer. The 10.5" blade is silver and made from 1045 surgical steel. The blade is secretly hidden inside the gun barrel. Very heavy and sturdy. Beautifully made with intricate detailing. Comes with a detailed black and steel case. Blade slides into the case easily and snug to avoid the blade from slipping out. The handle of the pistol is cream and steel with detailing. Blade is very shiny and sharp.
http://stores.wholesalecentral.com/Images/XTAH2ZPYE_73IB2R3OW1L92VPT5AP7/05710050554.jpg

Edit: This would be awesome in AC4. lol
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UrfAzWXCPdc/T91X_49isVI/AAAAAAAAADg/fibt09iSrDA/s582/pistol.jpg

Connor would love this. lol
Axe with multi-barreled firearm from the Tower of London.
This unique weapon, made in Germany and dated circa 1580, combines an axe with six barrels. Two locks are present, a wheel-lock and a matchlock; the other four barrels were to be lit with a handheld match.
http://www.myarmoury.com/images/features/pic_spot_combo50.jpg

Radman500
03-10-2014, 01:07 AM
I think its the fact its the early 1900s, thats...much further in the timeline I think anyone expected or wanted.

However there is a small fact the creator of that post has overlooked. The Apache Revolver was designed in 1860, it only became famous in the early 1900s ;).

so were looking at a possibility of sometime between 1860-eraly 1900ss:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

SchlechterWolf
03-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Those guns ...

http://i.imgur.com/XlUCyy2.png

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 01:14 AM

this could be a big hint

Great find, the image of the supposed protagonist looks pretty blurry, but shape of the object he's holding is very similar to this revolver.

ze_topazio
03-10-2014, 01:26 AM

this could be a big hint

A weapon used by the French gang "Apaches", Apache being a name given by Europeans to certain group of native Americans, among them the Navajo (apparently in this day and age the Navajos are no longer considered Apache), in the audio files in AC4 there's a recording of a female who belonged to the anti Nazi group Edelweiss Pirates, more precisely she belonged to the subgroup "Navajos", the French Belle Époque was hinted in AC4 like this.

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 01:42 AM
I actually wouldn't be opposed to a gunblade if the setting turns out to be Victorian. It's historically accurate and would make for a nice, refreshing design for the hidden blade.

Shahkulu101
03-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Do some of these knifeblades literally shoot out the blade? That would make for some delightfully brutal headshots - if done properly.

RagingDragon14
03-10-2014, 02:00 AM
Do some of these knifeblades literally shoot out the blade? That would make for some delightfully brutal headshots - if done properly.

No. I don't believe they do.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to a gunblade if the setting turns out to be Victorian. It's historically accurate and would make for a nice, refreshing design for the hidden blade.

So Squall Leonhart is ACV's ancestor confirmed? :cool:

Radman500
03-10-2014, 02:08 AM
remember the "look to the stars" bit in Freedom Cry, everyone thought it was going to be China...but gues what i just found, courtesy of initaites forums...

famous quote by Vincent Van Gogh

"...to look at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots of a map representing towns and villages. Why, I ask myself, should the shining dots of the sky not be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France"

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 02:12 AM
remember the "look to the stars" bit in Freedom Cry, everyone thought it was going to be China...but gues what i just found, courtesy of initaites forums...

famous quote by Vincent Van Gogh

"...to look at the stars always makes me dream, as simply as I dream over the black dots of a map representing towns and villages. Why, I ask myself, should the shining dots of the sky not be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France"

Born: 30 March 1853
Died: 29 July 1890
"Van Gogh spent his early adulthood working for a firm of art dealers, traveling between The Hague, London and Paris"

Radman500
03-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Born: 30 March 1853
Died: 29 July 1890
"Van Gogh spent his early adulthood working for a firm of art dealers, traveling between The Hague, London and Paris"

:p:p

its like were slowly peeling away a christmas present, any day now we'll finally open it

SixKeys
03-10-2014, 02:16 AM
So Van Gogh is gonna be our next Leonardo?

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 02:20 AM
So Van Gogh is gonna be our next Leonardo?

That would be pretty awesome, but they might have just used his quote for hint purposes only.

Shahkulu101
03-10-2014, 02:24 AM
I don't think Van Gogh invented anything.

prince162010
03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Alright, ACV will take place in paris and london, it's confirmed from the hints of freedom cry dlc >> so mark my word guys ;)

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 02:31 AM
Alright, ACV will take place in paris and london, it's confirmed from the hints from freedom cry dlc >> so mark my word guys ;)

Could you please describe each and every hint in detail for me if possible? I believe you, I just want to know exactly how and where and why. I have 100% finished Freedom Cry, but was a-bit lost on the story other than the fact that you were freeing slaves and the whole thing was just freedom of people. Thanks!

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 02:34 AM
My Napoleon III guess actually seems good now...

Jayden_TSoni
03-10-2014, 03:05 AM
That's interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/200ejz/a_little_birdie_told_me_about_acv/

LatinaC09
03-10-2014, 03:09 AM
Oh my I've been stalking these forums for weeks looking for a "decent" leak. I'm starting to see a trend with this London and Paris setting and I absolutely love it. I think this time period will be a great place to take the game (if the rumors are true). I will be nice to have AC in Europe again. I hope Ubisoft makes the announcement this week!! :)

Radman500
03-10-2014, 03:29 AM
That's interesting: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/200ejz/a_little_birdie_told_me_about_acv/
what did it say?:p

adventurewomen
03-10-2014, 03:33 AM

what did it say?:p
No need to be surprised. Nothing just another bored AC fan on Reddit nothing new there, just the same old..

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 05:15 AM
No need to be surprised. Nothing just another bored AC fan on Reddit nothing new there, just the same old..

im telling you guys every leak and rumour about ac5 is all BS

pacmanate
03-10-2014, 05:49 AM

You are my new favourite member until the actual game gets revealed.

Also, the next game is NOT about Connor so to all you people thinking such, don't, cause you will get disappointed.

Radman500
03-10-2014, 05:55 AM
no its not..why do you say that

STDlyMcStudpants
03-10-2014, 05:55 AM
You are my new favourite member until the actual game gets revealed.

Also, the next game is NOT about Connor so to all you people thinking such, don't, cause you will get disappointed.
Yes it is...

Radman500
03-10-2014, 05:57 AM
Yes it is...
no its not why do you think it is

its about a french assassin named arno....

pacmanate
03-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Yes it is...

no its not why do you think it is

its about a french assassin named arno....

To both of you, no its not.

And now I drift away until I see more stupid crap on the forums.

ACLexter
03-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Okay, nice. this is a leak image we can rely on.

is that a hidden blade or a gun?
anyway, black outfit is amazing for a change.

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 06:40 AM
no its not..why do you say that

because im sick of people getting others hopes up for no reason, we just have to wait for a reliable SOURCE from i dont know maybe ubisoft

rprkjj
03-10-2014, 06:41 AM
The picture looks real. It looks exactly like the AC4 picture, so I'd be surprised if that wasn't the new protagonist. That being said, based off his attire and his revolver (I'm assuming based off the distinct curve) it's probably either 1800's France or Englnd, maybe both. That's my bet until we get something solid, hopefully tomorrow, maybe coinciding with Up at Noon. It's not that popular of a show, but at this time of year I'd be let down if the 2 new games they announce aren't the 2 new Assassins Creed games.

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 06:43 AM
As for the leaked image the assassin kinda looks homo with his stance

Wolfmeister1010
03-10-2014, 07:07 AM
As for the leaked image the assassin kinda looks homo with his stance

What are you, ****ing 10?

rprkjj
03-10-2014, 07:10 AM
What are you, ****ing 10?

XD

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Calm down mate, also wouldnt there be some kind countdown if there was an announcement tommorow

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 07:16 AM
what are you, ****ing 10?

im sorry i didnt know homo was only said by 10 year olds

rprkjj
03-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Calm down mate, also wouldnt there be some kind countdown if there was an announcement tommorow

I don't think it's obligatory.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Wait a min..why did none of us think of this earlier...this may be a future assassinbut it can't be the next assassin because this is the building the ac iv team works..the ac iv team didn't work on the next ac...

Wolfmeister1010
03-10-2014, 07:35 AM
im sorry i didnt know homo was only said by 10 year olds

Well, are you? Just saying, it would explain a LOT, all the immature little gags that you do to get attention, like making a troll reveal trailer thread.

Just saying that if you turned out to be on the wrong side of puberty, it would definitely not surprise me.

edzilla_551
03-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Well, are you? Just saying, it would explain a LOT, all the immature little gags that you do to get attention, like making a troll reveal trailer thread.

Just saying that if you turned out to be on the wrong side of puberty, it would definitely not surprise me.

well im sorry bout the fake thread, but i was just trying to make a point that people shouldnt believe anything they see, like these so called rumours and leaks
were being trolled so much on these forums where i think we can say that all the leaks and rumours in this thread are also fake.

btw my age is none of your buisness

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Can we please get back on topic?

Consus_E
03-10-2014, 08:27 AM
AC5 will be set in China, India, England, and France with Connor, Shao Jun, a woman from India, a British Assassin, Stephane Chapheau, Esosa, and Ezio as the protagonists! How do I know this? A guy on a plane with a reddit account showed me a photoshopped image from a video from a "secret press conference" with a press release. He also told me that the game will be announced the day after you read this post (if it doesn't come out that day just keep reading this post over and over until it's announced) And it will be released on your birthday! Then Jade Raymond appeared dressed like Wonder Woman and said that her favorite time period is...
All of Human History :p
Then she gave me a jet pack and we flew to Toronto together and the following songs played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdc9PtUx0LE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXZIqxrj5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MgcfHiU80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k
And finally Patrice showed up and said that he got back control of 1666 and it would come out you guessed ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! along with:
-Fallout 4
-Half-Life 3
-Dishonored 2
-Mass Effect 4
-Assassin's Creed 6-10

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 08:29 AM
AC5 will be set in China, India, England, and France with Connor, Shao Jun, a woman from India, a British Assassin, Stephane Chapheau, Esosa, and Ezio as the protagonists! How do I know this? A guy on a plane with a reddit account showed me a photoshopped image from a video from a "secret press conference" with a press release. He also told me that the game will be announced the day after you read this post (if it doesn't come out that day just keep reading this post over and over until it's announced) And it will be released on your birthday! Then Jade Raymond appeared dressed like Wonder Woman and said that her favorite time period is...
All of Human History :p
Then she gave me a jet pack and we flew to Toronto together and the following songs played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdc9PtUx0LE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXZIqxrj5E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MgcfHiU80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k
And finally Patrice showed up and said that he got back control of 1666 and it would come out you guessed ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! along with:
-Fallout 4
-Half-Life 3
-Dishonored 2
-Mass Effect 4
-Assassin's Creed 6-10

lol, nice.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I hope it's not 19th century. OR 18th century. I want to go BACK in time, not continuously sticking to either the 1700s or, worse, going even further forward in time.

AC can literally play around with the entire world's history -- getting another European-based setting, another game set in the 1700s (or later), or BOTH will be the worst thing. It doesn't have to be China necessarily but China would be good since the architecture would be VASTLY different from anything in the series that we've seen before.

I probably won't get ACV if it's 1700s (again) or later (such as the 1800s).
I DEFINITELY won't get ACV if it's a European setting AND set in the 1700 or 1800s.
I MIGHT get it if it's a European setting but only if it's something like Elizabethan England or perhaps earlier than that even.
I would DEFINITELY get the game, day one, if it was set in China or in a really cool place that I never thought of but that they make compelling via cool city design and if it was set further back (no guns, China has plenty of history to work with)
I would still get the game if it was China and there were guns in all likelihood.

I'm seriously tired of how AC has the potential to visit cool time periods but we've now stalled. 3 Renaissance games (in Europe) and then 3 18th century games (in European-influenced areas).

I love Ezio and despite there being guns, they were few and far between. The more we advance, the more they become prevalent and I don't WANT guns. I liked AC because it made fun gameplay without guns and without being a fantasy game (like the Elder Scrolls series or something).

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 09:40 AM
I hope it's not 19th century. OR 18th century. I want to go BACK in time, not continuously sticking to either the 1700s or, worse, going even further forward in time.

AC can literally play around with the entire world's history -- getting another European-based setting, another game set in the 1700s (or later), or BOTH will be the worst thing. It doesn't have to be China necessarily but China would be good since the architecture would be VASTLY different from anything in the series that we've seen before.

I DEFINITELY won't get ACV if it's a European setting AND set in the 1700 or 1800s.
I MIGHT get it if it's a European setting but only if it's something like Elizabethan England or perhaps earlier than that even.
I would DEFINITELY get the game, day one, if it was set in China or in a really cool place that I never thought of but that they make compelling via cool city design and if it was set further back (no guns, China has plenty of history to work with)
I would still get the game if it was China and there were guns in all likelihood.

I'm seriously tired of how AC has the potential to visit cool time periods but we've now stalled. 3 Renaissance games (in Europe) and then 3 18th century games (in European-influenced areas).

I love Ezio and despite there being guns, they were few and far between. The more we advance, the more they become prevalent and I don't WANT guns. I liked AC because it made fun gameplay without guns and without being a fantasy game (like the Elder Scrolls series or something).
Well... what can I say... I feel the exact opposite way. LOL I truly hope it's in these centuries now and in Europe (not that I wouldn't mind going back in time). And I WANT guns.

And also, not another Ezio. This is getting boring now.

Basically, I'm hoping for the exact opposite of your post. lol

ACLexter
03-10-2014, 10:01 AM

I'm with your opinion, I think we need to set place in Asia this time. since they already hinted or included some Asian characters, so why not we visit them in game.

but whatever setting it will be, I will still purchase the game.

frodrigues55
03-10-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm intrigued by the pic, it does seem European. I wonder if we are going to get a darker setting game (not dull, darker).

Also, judging by his outfitt, it doesn't look like boats will be a big part of the game, which makes me a bit happy. :o

I, for one, am always excited to see what they do to any setting and city, regardless of the time period or continent. I think all of them have great potential. :o After AC3's strong reactions, I don't think they are taking any chances with the cities anymore, so I'm good. They know what work - they made it work with AC4 and Freedom Cry.

Plus, I don't really mind having guns. It's not like AC became some kind of shooter, you can't use them that much or that fast. It actually worked as a incentive to go stealhy on AC4. You either ride a plantation hidden or get shot by those sniperish guards. And let's not overreact with those Splinter Cell comments, both game are worlds aparts and guns ain't gonna bring they any closer lol.

Have we come to any conclusion regaring the new plane leak? I'm thinking that still looks legit.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm with your opinion, I think we need to set place in Asia this time. since they already hinted or included some Asian characters, so why not we visit them in game.

but whatever setting it will be, I will still purchase the game.

I get it, they're good games (typically)

I just want something different. I feel like AC's been in a bit of a rut. Maybe most don't feel that way or perhaps the devs don't feel that way but I'm just tired of guns in AC. Very few games deal with settings that don't have guns as a major weapon. Those games consist of:

-Fantasy games: Typically RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls games and hack n' slash games.
-Superhero games: Like Spiderman or the Arkham series.

Assassin's Creed was one of the few non-superhero, non-fantasy games that features alternative weaponry. Come ACIV and you can have 4 pistols strapped to your chest. Get into the 1800s and now you have six shooters, gatling guns, etc. I was fine with AC2's introduction of the gun because it was a super advanced tool and wasn't a heavy focus. Most enemies (if any in AC2...) had rifles of any sort (I believe Brotherhood introduced riflemen but I could be wrong) and AC3, EVERY enemy has a gun because of muskets and pistols.

And not just guns either. I'm just tired of the 1700s. I'd love to visit Ancient China or SOMETHING because it'd be a time period we haven't explored yet. AND it would be older than the 1700s. Technically, Victorian Era is a time we haven't visited but... well, you know how I feel about an 1800s AC.

AND THEN... I'm also tired of European stuff.

AC1 featured a Syrian assassin. Pretty cool.
AC2 featured an Italian assassin. European but that's okay because the protagonist is fun and the cities were great!
ACB featured the same Italian assassin. Alright, I liked him and we got to see him grow from a kid to an adult and then we got to see him middleaged in this game. Fine. The city was pretty good as well.
ACR featured the same Italian assassin...again. Alright... I mean, I like the guy but we CAN have a new protagonist. At least this one was set in a city that was vastly different from the cities of the last two games and was still fun to explore... unfortunate how they sped up the climbing via the hook blade. Sigh. Ziplines were a cool thing though.
AC3 featured a Mohawk assassin. Well, half Mohawk, half...English. So half-european. Alright, well, still. He didn't really look european, act european, or sound european so whatever. Unfortunately, the setting was the 1700s...colonial times. Blegh. Lame cities made the game only meh (along with a myriad of other issues)
AC:L featured a black assassin... I'm sorry. Half-black, half...French. So... half-european. AGAIN. Well, okay so she's light skinned due to her heritage. She's still black! BUT...once again... set in the 1700s. I haven't played it but supposedly New Orleans is way better to free run around than Boston or NY. Okay fine.
AC4 featured a... completely white, european assassin. Blonde and (probably) blue eyed, Brit. UGH. ALSO set during the 1700s. Slightly better, but underused, cities.

I really think it's time to move away from European assassins and European settings.

Maybe you have the money to spend on buying each AC no matter what but I don't. I have to make decisions and when it comes to what I want to spend money on... another AC set in the 1700s or later with another European assassin is something I won't buy.

I'd much rather get Sleeping Dogs 2/Triad Wars when it comes out if AC's not doing anything with Asian influence. And again, it doesn't have to be Asian, it's just the most obvious choice because A. lots of people want it, myself included and B. I feel like it'd be the most different in terms of visuals and more (clothing, architecture, culture, etc.)

It could be something I've never even thought of but just... please. No. More. Euro. Stuff. Not for a while at least.

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
In my opinion, the only European games were AC2 and ACB.
Even if you go to India for example you will still have European presence. I don't think that's easy to avoid? Even you go to ancient times such as Persia, you would probably need to include a conflict with another nation, ancient Greece for example (which is European). Such as in the 300 film.
Some of the most major historical events have European influence. A game without a major conflict (which usually happens between different ethnic populations) would not be as interesting in my opinion. It could happen but I don't think it would be easily implemented in a game level. Long story short, a European influence is almost guaranteed to exist. Even in China...

ACLexter
03-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I get it, they're good games (typically)

I just want something different. I feel like AC's been in a bit of a rut. Maybe most don't feel that way or perhaps the devs don't feel that way but I'm just tired of guns in AC. Very few games deal with settings that don't have guns as a major weapon. Those games consist of:

-Fantasy games: Typically RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls games and hack n' slash games.
-Superhero games: Like Spiderman or the Arkham series.

Assassin's Creed was one of the few non-superhero, non-fantasy games that features alternative weaponry. Come ACIV and you can have 4 pistols strapped to your chest. Get into the 1800s and now you have six shooters, gatling guns, etc. I was fine with AC2's introduction of the gun because it was a super advanced tool and wasn't a heavy focus. Most enemies (if any in AC2...) had rifles of any sort (I believe Brotherhood introduced riflemen but I could be wrong) and AC3, EVERY enemy has a gun because of muskets and pistols.

And not just guns either. I'm just tired of the 1700s. I'd love to visit Ancient China or SOMETHING because it'd be a time period we haven't explored yet. AND it would be older than the 1700s. Technically, Victorian Era is a time we haven't visited but... well, you know how I feel about an 1800s AC.

AND THEN... I'm also tired of European stuff.

AC1 featured a Syrian assassin. Pretty cool.
AC2 featured an Italian assassin. European but that's okay because the protagonist is fun and the cities were great!
ACB featured the same Italian assassin. Alright, I liked him and we got to see him grow from a kid to an adult and then we got to see him middleaged in this game. Fine. The city was pretty good as well.
ACR featured the same Italian assassin...again. Alright... I mean, I like the guy but we CAN have a new protagonist. At least this one was set in a city that was vastly different from the cities of the last two games and was still fun to explore... unfortunate how they sped up the climbing via the hook blade. Sigh. Ziplines were a cool thing though.
AC3 featured a Mohawk assassin. Well, half Mohawk, half...English. So half-european. Alright, well, still. He didn't really look european, act european, or sound european so whatever. Unfortunately, the setting was the 1700s...colonial times. Blegh. Lame cities made the game only meh (along with a myriad of other issues)
AC:L featured a black assassin... I'm sorry. Half-black, half...French. So... half-european. AGAIN. Well, okay so she's light skinned due to her heritage. She's still black! BUT...once again... set in the 1700s. I haven't played it but supposedly New Orleans is way better to free run around than Boston or NY. Okay fine.
AC4 featured a... completely white, european assassin. Blonde and (probably) blue eyed, Brit. UGH. ALSO set during the 1700s. Slightly better, but underused, cities.

I really think it's time to move away from European assassins and European settings.

Maybe you have the money to spend on buying each AC no matter what but I don't. I have to make decisions and when it comes to what I want to spend money on... another AC set in the 1700s or later with another European assassin is something I won't buy.

I'd much rather get Sleeping Dogs 2/Triad Wars when it comes out if AC's not doing anything with Asian influence. And again, it doesn't have to be Asian, it's just the most obvious choice because A. lots of people want it, myself included and B. I feel like it'd be the most different in terms of visuals and more (clothing, architecture, culture, etc.)

It could be something I've never even thought of but just... please. No. More. Euro. Stuff. Not for a while at least.

What thing I like about Assassin's Creed is the surprises. I mean every game there is a new features or improvement. like AC2 there's this hidden gun, ACB there's this group of Assassins you train. ACR hook blade, etc. AC3 looks of improvements graphically, animations, and then new weapons like pistols and bow and then AC4 the amazing naval battle.
I want to see what will be NEW in AC5.

Well, I'm not having an issue with the pistols as long as it suits the setting, I like it and I'm using it more often. but yeah, maybe we need a new/fresh setting.without a pistol?Maybe...
honestly, in AC3 I enjoy most the Bow and arrow than the pistol. I want it back, it suits to Japan setting but we won't get it until next year or so.

pineal_gland
03-10-2014, 12:41 PM
So this https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1796497_364211833720124_603043954_n.png and this https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1901520_630093483712635_1508014974_n.jpg makes...

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 12:50 PM
So this https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1796497_364211833720124_603043954_n.png and this https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1901520_630093483712635_1508014974_n.jpg makes...
If we consider these 2 pictures actual legit leaks, then it's Victorian England around the beginning of the 19th century, nothing else.

LatinaC09
03-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Fingers are crossed for some kind of announcement today. I will coming back to these forums frequently. Also that pic reminds of this pic that somebody else posted in another thread:

http://allthingsxbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/assassins-creed-4-artwork-15.jpg

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-10-2014, 12:57 PM
In my opinion, the only European games were AC2 and ACB.
Even if you go to India for example you will still have European presence. I don't think that's easy to avoid? Even you go to ancient times such as Persia, you would probably need to include a conflict with another nation, ancient Greece for example (which is European). Such as in the 300 film.
Some of the most major historical events have European influence. A game without a major conflict (which usually happens between different ethnic populations) would not be as interesting in my opinion. It could happen but I don't think it would be easily implemented in a game level. Long story short, a European influence is almost guaranteed to exist. Even in China...

I don't mind Europeans being in it and SOME influence. AC1 technically has that in the form of Robert de Sable and the like but I wouldn't call THAT game very European. I also pointed out that ACR has significantly less Europe flavor to it which is why it's grown on me since my initial playthrough.

AC3 is DEFINITELY European though and to say otherwise is...well... wrong. It's set in English colonies. Those are, before their independence, England. So you are essentially playing in England. And it's different than say... India. Because most of the people you encounter are European or Natives. That's it.

AC4 isn't AS European thanks to the tropical setting but Havana is still VERY Spanish and furthermore, Edward is the MOST European I think. Not to say one nation is more European than the other because, that's impossible but he's fair skin, blonde, blue eyes...

China, however, would have significantly less European influence, if any, depending on the time period they chose (which, again, would hopefully not be 17/1800s)

It's not European stuff I'm against... I'm against them ONLY doing it. I also think an AC without a major exterior conflict could work if done right. I mean, you work quietly and since you're an assassin, you'd be using stealth. Social stealth would work exceptionally well during times of peace as opposed to conflict since security would be a little less alert. But regardless... we literally have the whole of the world's history that we could play thanks to the universe and I feel like we're not living up to that. Now... we don't have ALL of human history....

I say pretty much anything late 1800s, early 1900s should be barred. Actually, all of the 1800s should be barred more or less. Rockstar OWNS the Old West with Red Dead and small little towns for a "cowboy Assassin" would work in book or comic or film form but would be HORRID for an AC game. So 1800's Europe could work but again... I still think it's pushing it in terms of how "modern" the tech would be. Revolvers would turn the game into much more of a shooter since it's upwards of 6 shots before reloading.

Contemporary times are out save for the "modern day stories" but that isn't the CORE experience so that's a moot point. Modern stuff should be utilized only how it's always been. A modern AC would just be GTA with....white hoodies. And even then you could most likely get other outfits and at that point, yeah, just another open world game with cars and guns. So that's an obvious no.

Then the flip side is we don't want to go TOO early because then there's not as many things to make use of... it'd be significantly harder to identify with anyone unless they were given more modern characteristics. But there's still SO MUCH to work with and that's all I want. I would personally LOVE an AC set in Elizabethan England: Shakespeare, Queen Elizabeth, Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot, the burning of the Globe Theatre could have been started by Templars after discovering it was a meeting place of Assassins, etc.

But I wouldn't want it to be ACV. Again.. .I don't HATE European settings... I'm just tired of them now. I want something really different.

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Fingers are crossed for some kind of announcement today. I will coming back to these forums frequently. Also that pic reminds of this pic that somebody else posted in another thread:
I hope for an announcement today as well. This is (amazing) fanart. They do look alike, after all they are (?) inspired by the same time period.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-10-2014, 01:08 PM
What thing I like about Assassin's Creed is the surprises. I mean every game there is a new features or improvement. like AC2 there's this hidden gun, ACB there's this group of Assassins you train. ACR hook blade, etc. AC3 looks of improvements graphically, animations, and then new weapons like pistols and bow and then AC4 the amazing naval battle.
I want to see what will be NEW in AC5.

Well, I'm not having an issue with the pistols as long as it suits the setting, I like it and I'm using it more often. but yeah, maybe we need a new/fresh setting.without a pistol?Maybe...
honestly, in AC3 I enjoy most the Bow and arrow than the pistol. I want it back, it suits to Japan setting but we won't get it until next year or so.

I can see that.

I loved how AC1 had the awesome hidden blade and then AC2 introduced having two and the ability to assassinate two people as well as the hidden gun. Leading Assassins was cool in ACB but I can take it or leave it. I never really used it too often except when forced and during one of the last missions because it was this large battle in the streets of Rome so it felt fitting to call them in. I also really liked ziplines in ACR. I thought it was a neat way of letting you get around the city quicker in a fun and enjoyable way -- I DIDN'T like that the hook blade also sped up how you climbed. I LIKE climbing in the series so to see it sped up kinda sucked.

AC3's bow was cool but I was actually really fond of how they introduced vaulting over things and also the "on-the-move" assassinations where Connor would quickly stab the person in the back and then continue walking before anyone knew what was up. That was cool. I just hated the cities and the linear mission structure. I didn't care for naval gameplay and while I haven't played AC4 yet, I STILL don't care for it. I want to just run around the city, exploring THAT. Not the oceans. That said, the naval stuff looks far superior in AC4 than AC3 since it's free roaming naval stuff instead of linear and repetitive missions.

I think the biggest reason I bring up China so often is because I can just picture it with next gen graphics... it would look stunning. Obviously any city would look gorgeous but I was watching inFamous Second Son gameplay with all the neon lights and just how stunning the game looked... and I thought... it'd be so beautiful to see a Chinese street at night lit by red paper lanterns, scale a stature of a dragon that's on the side of a building, reach the roof, then zipline across a wire holding up lanterns and watch them get pushed out of the way as you're slide through. Or climbing the steep roof of a building and then slide down the other side before leaping off to the next building and grabbing a hold. The architecture would be REALLY cool to climb plus traditional Chinese music is really pretty so the ambient music would be delightful.

Tully__
03-10-2014, 01:37 PM
If we consider these 2 pictures actual legit leaks, then it's Victorian England around the beginning of the 19th century, nothing else.
<pedant mode>"Victorian" England (England during the reign of Queen Victoria) didn't start 'til 1837, thirty seven years after the start of the 19th century.... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_victoria </pedant mode> ;)

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 01:41 PM
ooooh

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 01:45 PM
<pedant mode>"Victorian" England (England during the reign of Queen Victoria) didn't start 'til 1837, thirty seven years after the start of the 19th century.... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_victoria </pedant mode> ;)

Wrong one there. Industrial Revolution then, which started around 1760.

RinoTheBouncer
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Maybe the modern day!

I wish there will be some cool Modern Day missions. I really want that to happen.

This article agrees with that and theorizes that the announcement may be delayed because of the problems going on in Ukraine.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1163737/assassins-creed-5-location-russia-ukraine-ac-5-release-date/

God.. seriously? till how long are we gonna mess up art because of real life problems?

“Madonna should stop using guns on the MDNA tour because of the shootings at a school in the US”, “AC shouldn’t be announced because Russia and Ukraine hate each other”, “Gaga shouldn’t release her music video with R-Kelly, cause the guy had sex with a minor 10 years ago and a video of that leaked on the internet and he went to jail”.

When will we decide to separate art from real life problems?

Tully__
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Wrong one there. Industrial Revolution then, which started around 1760.
I had to look up Victoria myself to be sure of the dates. Those chimneys certainly do look industrial of the sort found in that era and up to the introduction of electric.

When will we decide to separate art from real life problems?
Never. Most art is derived from, commenting on, or depicting real life problems. Without the problems there wouldn't be the art.

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 02:07 PM
“AC shouldn’t be announced because Russia and Ukraine hate each other”
Although I find the fact that you consider Lady Gaga's music art :p , I am afraid you've got it wrong. It's bussiness. Ubisoft Kiev has always with one way or another been involved with the developement of Assassin's Creed games. For Assassin's Creed 3 and 4, for example, they were responsible for the porting and optimisation of the game to the PC. Since the recent political instability in Ukraine has caused serious problems to the companies having offices there, the article suggests that Ubisoft Kiev's work on the developement of the title has been affected or even halted, potentially resulting to a delay in the game's announcement.

RinoTheBouncer
03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I had to look up Victoria myself to be sure of the dates. Those chimneys certainly do look industrial of the sort found in that era and up to the introduction of electric.

Never. Most art is derived from, commenting on, or depicting real life problems. Without the problems there wouldn't be the art.

We can be inspired by real life events, but a game talking about historical Russian problems has nothing to do with what Russia is doing to Ukraine today. Neither is Madonna waving guns on stage for a song called Revolver which is obviously referring to sex (according to the lyrics) has nothing to do with some idiot shooting kids at some school. I’m glad Madonna carried on the tour because her show doesn’t support guns any more than James Bond films or The Walking Dead series or Terminator films or Call of Duty.

Although I find the fact that you consider Lady Gaga's music art :p , I am afraid you've got it wrong. It's bussiness. Ubisoft Kiev has always with one way or another been involved with the developement of Assassin's Creed games. For Assassin's Creed 3 and 4, for example, they were responsible for the porting and optimisation of the game to the PC. Since the recent political instability in Ukraine has caused serious problems to the companies having offices there, the article suggests that Ubisoft Kiev's work on the developement of the title has been affected or even halted, potentially resulting to a delay in the game's announcement.

So they’re not working on the game? doesn’t Darby and Ashraf and even the moderators here keep saying “Oh this game has been in development since 1989 but we’ll release it this fall”. I hope they can transfer the work to their Canadian studios or anywhere else where there isn’t trouble.

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Lets not start talking about current events please.. that is a can of worms..

RinoTheBouncer
03-10-2014, 02:12 PM

“Everything is permitted” jk :P

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Not on my watch :P

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Mr_Shade, by the time of the announcement, we are gonna be nuts in these forums :rolleyes: .

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 02:14 PM
I knew you were a Templar. You are disgracing my signature!

RinoTheBouncer
03-10-2014, 02:17 PM

You’re a Templar, but me loves you :P

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
I knew you were a Templar. You are disgracing my signature!

Upholding the rights of those people not able to defend themselves.. ?

The AC series is a game.. talking politics and about current events - which affect REAL people, is something we should leave for a different forums, else people start fighting in here too..

The current situation in the real world, does not need bringing into a game forum ;)

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Upholding the rights of those people not able to defend themselves.. ?

The AC series is a game.. talking politics and about current events - which affect REAL people, is something we should leave for a different forums, else people start fighting in here too..

The current situation in the real world, does not need bringing into a game forum ;)

Yes, of course. I was just kidding, ;) .

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I know..

Just saying why we should avoid current events - due to respect - for the many other people who jump in screaming 'freedom of speech!' ;)

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
I know..

Just saying why we should avoid current events - due to respect - for the many other people who jump in screaming 'freedom of speech!' ;)

Im Ukrainian, for god sake, my name is Taras lol its the most common Ukrainian name you can get. And yes, to be honest with you, id also like if people don't joke about the events there, I still have family there and you have no idea how much some people are suffering, and that's nothing to joke about.

Mr_Shade
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Im Ukrainian, for god sake, my name is Taras lol its the most common Ukrainian name you can get. And yes, to be honest with you, id also like if people don't joke about the events there, I still have family there and you have no idea how much some people are suffering, and that's nothing to joke about.

Indeed!

So, lets stay away from the subject please everyone, as you can see, it's not something to be talked about in a game forum.

Hope your family is safe.

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Come on Napoleon III guess...be right.

AlexEzio89
03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/10/ubisoft-toronto-is-working-on-five-unannounced-projects-says-raymond/ jade dont say nothing about ac 5 so today we dont have oficial news about ac 5

Andorian
03-10-2014, 04:02 PM
LOL, first announcement: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Jackdaw Edition Revealed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-jackdaw-edition-revealed)

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:05 PM
LOL, first announcement: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Jackdaw Edition Revealed (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-jackdaw-edition-revealed)

Guess this rules out any AC5 announcement today :nonchalance: TBH I'm starting to get a little frustrated. It's been one disappointment after another these past few weeks.

Andorian
03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Well, there's still hope: if I've counted correctly, the announcement from IGN should be published in 52 minutes.

VoXngola
03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/10/ubisoft-toronto-is-working-on-five-unannounced-projects-says-raymond/ jade dont say nothing about ac 5 so today we dont have oficial news about ac 5

That article actually doesn't mean anything. Why would Jade announce the game on a sunday, especially if it's AC. I'm still optimistic for today, seeing as AC games are usually announced on mondays.

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Well, there's still hope: if I've counted correctly, the announcement from IGN should be published in 52 minutes.

I just mean it's unlikely they'd announce AC5 on the same day they announce the Jackdaw Edition, because news of the sequel would COMPLETELY overshadow news of a special edition release. But maybe they'll go with a strategy of "hey, look at our shiny new sequel, here's the special edition of the last game so you can catch up" ;)

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:13 PM
That article actually doesn't mean anything. Why would Jade announce the game on a sunday, especially if it's AC. I'm still optimistic for today, seeing as AC games are usually announced on mondays.

The last two were actually announced on Thursdays...

VoXngola
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
The last two were actually announced on Thursdays...

I meant the press releases along with the CGI Trailers.

AlexEzio89
03-10-2014, 04:16 PM
ign alredy post the news about ac series so today i am pretty sure we dont have nothing about ac 5

Andorian
03-10-2014, 04:17 PM
I would be happy even with a press release. Really tired of those fake leaks.

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Greg Miller just tweeted two game announcements are to come in two hours, so that technically doesn't count as one.

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 04:20 PM
EDIT Will_Lucky beat me to it lol nice.

Original Post below.

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy

2 Huge Announcements incoming in 2 hours according to Greg's Tweet (was posted 12 mins ago)

Everyone needs to calm down, there is hope. The Jackdaw Edition is not a huge announcement and just a minor one and its NOT from Up-At-Noon. Show.

oliacr
03-10-2014, 04:21 PM
We gotta get something today!

2 Huge Announcements incoming in 2 hours according to Greg's Tweet (was posted 12 mins ago)

Everyone needs to calm down, there is hope. The Jackdaw Edition is not a huge announcement and just a minor one and its NOT from Up-At-Noon. Show.

There's still some hope:)

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 04:22 PM
I just mean it's unlikely they'd announce AC5 on the same day they announce the Jackdaw Edition, because news of the sequel would COMPLETELY overshadow news of a special edition release. But maybe they'll go with a strategy of "hey, look at our shiny new sequel, here's the special edition of the last game so you can catch up" ;)

Well, their strategy this year has been a little unpredictable and unusual compared to the previous two years. Also, Ign just tweeted that there's going to be a 'huge announcement coming up' and I'd wager it's AC related.

If not, then back to sleep mode.

Edit: tweet already posted

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Aww yeah, fuel the hype train up again people. Warning no refunds if you are not satisfied with the journey.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Woot woot! Bring back the hype~!

Andorian
03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Woot woot! Bring back the hype~!
Ok, looks like the new game would be set in Stone Age (I've managed to take this photo in a bus while some guy with Ubi logo on T-shirt was playing it on a notebook):

http://rghost.ru/private/52963973/2aba360142a283ed1f7a94ec2401075a/image.png

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Ok, looks like the new game would be set in Stone Age (I've managed to take this photo in a bus while some guy with Ubi logo on T-shirt was playing it on a notebook):

lmao...

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Release dates for The division and ACV

Dome500
03-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Well, their strategy this year has been a little unpredictable and unusual compared to the previous two years. Also, Ign just tweeted that there's going to be a 'huge announcement coming up' and I'd wager it's AC related.

If not, then back to sleep mode.

Edit: tweet already posted

Yes.

Also, it's more than possible that they use the hype of ACV's announcement to sell their Jackdaw edition. There are some people out there who do not own Ac4 yet (some friends of mine as well) and I know of some guys who just wait for a moderately cheap complete edition once they know what AC5 is about.
Depends of course on the question if they are interested in AC5, some of my friends decide that upon setting/time period, some are general fans of the series.

I don't think that anyone should worry that the hype of the next game will reduce the effect the new edition has. I think if it's in the same series it can even be good for both announcements that the other announcement is close by.

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Oo duh. I thought this guy Greg worked for Ubi so I got excited. lol Its nothing about AC. on to the next one......

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-10-2014, 04:43 PM
ok, looks like the new game would be set in stone age (i've managed to take this photo in a bus while some guy with ubi logo on t-shirt was playing it on a notebook):

lolz~!

Andorian
03-10-2014, 04:48 PM
lolz~!
Obviously, Ubi are using new engine for next-gen consoles - look at the photo - the graphics is marvelous!

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Ubisoft Toronto tweeted this earlier today

https://twitter.com/UbisoftToronto/status/443022521571352577

"You guys don't mind us staying hush hush for now, right? We promise It'll be worth the wait! http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2014/03/09/sxsw_toronto_videogame_queen_jade_raymond_wont_rev eal_secrets.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter … pic.twitter.com/Sw3frBwD4L"

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Oo duh. I thought this guy Greg worked for Ubi so I got excited. lol Its nothing about AC. on to the next one......

Knowing Greg, it's probably related to Uncharted.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Hoping for an announcement with a trailer and release date, but I bet this'll be something to do with Watch Dogs or just indie title.

Will_Lucky
The hype train is stopping in Toronto temporarily...

LoyalACFan
Ubisoft Toronto JUST TWEETED THIS

https://twitter.com/UbisoftToronto/status/443022521571352577

"You guys don't mind us staying hush hush for now, right? We promise It'll be worth the wait! http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2014/03/09/sxsw_toronto_videogame_queen_jade_raymond_wont_rev eal_secrets.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter … pic.twitter.com/Sw3frBwD4L"

Bollocks. We might as well give up hoping for anytime soon.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Knowing Greg, it's probably related to Uncharted.

I wish. :/

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Well, this article makes me feel like there's no announcement coming today...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/ubisoft-toronto-has-five-unannounced-games-in-development

Why would they run this article if one (or two) of those games is about to be announced in like five minutes?

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
I have a feeling it wont happen today....

also it's not in 5 min. Hour and 30 to be exact.

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Ubisoft has 5 Unannounced Games in the Works (IGN Just posted)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/ubisoft-toronto-has-five-unannounced-games-in-development

Beat you to it :p

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Beat you to it :p

Alexezio beat you both back on page 19. :p

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 05:11 PM
All this stuff is making me smile. Even if its not ACV, At least we have something OFFICIAL

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 05:13 PM
... Wasn't IGN's reveal supposed to be at noon EST?

Mr.GoodKall
03-10-2014, 05:14 PM
... Wasn't IGN's reveal supposed to be at noon EST?

no, around 130

AlexEzio89
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Alexezio beat you both back on page 19. :p
ha ha ha :)

LoyalACFan
03-10-2014, 05:32 PM
ha ha ha :)

Yeah, OK, but to be fair I was using IGN, and they're known for being late to the party :rolleyes::p

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 05:36 PM

omg so excited!!
I wonder what types of weapons we'll have! I'm guessing a hidden slingshot!!

Sushiglutton
03-10-2014, 05:42 PM
omg so excited!!
I wonder what types of weapons we'll have! I'm guessing a hidden slingshot!!

Where do you hide it dressed like that though ;)?

silvermercy
03-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Where do you hide it dressed like that though ;)?
Good point...

er...

errrrr..... *ahem*

AlexEzio89
03-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah, OK, but to be fair I was using IGN, and they're known for being late to the party :rolleyes::p

is true .....but i am sure the big news for ign its rewiew of titanfall

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
is true .....but i am sure the big news for ign its rewiew of titanfall

How is that even news when that is just to be expected? That's not an announcement.... lol.. its a review for a game thats coming out tommorow.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
None the less, I'm excited to see what'll be announced.

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I can totaly see it being Uncharted and watch dogs lol

Sushiglutton
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Good point...

er...

errrrr..... *ahem*

Lol

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Mitch Dyer just tweeted 15 minutes left!

15 Minutes

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 05:56 PM

15 Minutes
I don't know if my heart wil survive another 15 minutes.

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Disappointment #1 - http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/10/costume-quest-2s-happening-gone-home-on-consoles-up-at-noon

Can't wait for next disappoointment.

AlexEzio89
03-10-2014, 06:00 PM

15 Minutes

in 15 mins give a reviews for titanfall i am pretty sure

VoXngola
WOW. There we go...

Not AC5, instead it's about Gone Home coming to Consoles and Costume Quest 2 happening.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/10/costume-quest-2s-happening-gone-home-on-consoles-up-at-noon

AherasSTRG
Costume Quest 2 and Gone Home coming to consoles??? Oh, for God's sake, who the **** is this Greg Miller guy? Is that what he describes as "huge video game announcements"? Oh my goodness, my wisdom tooth is in pain and I know exactly what I am gonna do to relive the tension.

jayjay275
10 minutes.

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Disappointment #1 - http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/10/costume-quest-2s-happening-gone-home-on-consoles-up-at-noon

Can't wait for next disappoointment.
Is this 1 of the big announcements that will make everyone happy???

Rengarious
03-10-2014, 06:02 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/gone-home-coming-to-consoles-next-game-wont-be-gone-home-2?abthid=531def158f808e237200000a

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/costume-quest-2-double-fines-sequel-arriving-halloween-2014?abthid=531dee6c02e7042572000009

Cya guys at E3. Laters.

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Well...back on the Hype Train folks it doesn't stop today apparently :(....come on Ubi do something.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Phew… thank goodness I didn't waste too much hype on that lol...

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Please tell me this is a joke!?

AherasSTRG
03-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Please tell me this is a joke!?
No, young Acolyte. Mr Greg Miller is a joke.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 06:04 PM
WOW. There we go...

Not AC5, instead it's about Gone Home coming to Consoles and Costume Quest 2 happening.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/10/costume-quest-2s-happening-gone-home-on-consoles-up-at-noon

LOl really? Someone is desperate for views.

ACfan443
03-10-2014, 06:06 PM
I just don't understand how either of those can be considered 'huge game announcements'.
Oh well. Shade's probably sat at his desk laughing.

lothario-da-be
03-10-2014, 06:08 PM
The poor guy should fear for his life now.

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I just don't understand how either of those can be considered 'huge game announcements'.
Oh well. Shade's probably sat at his desk laughing.

Trying to promote games that aren't well known, plus they are desperate for views it seems.

Radman500
03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
oh yeah big announcements...wooooh

costume quest im so excited.....

:nonchalance::nonchalance::nonchalance::nonchalanc e::nonchalance:

xPipBoy
03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
So now what? 16 march? GDC? Pax East? I don't know what to think

Subject J80
03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Gone home for the day.....

jayjay275
03-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Told you it was going to be indie titles. So many journalists seem to hype them up to the point of it being a Triple A title.

Perk89
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Alright Ubi.

Throw us a bone here. Costume Quest 2? Lol what?

subject90
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
What a ****** !!!!

in what universe was that "huge" ?
i wonder what adjective he will use for the AC release ? Gigantic? Colossal? the big bang size?

get me my blade !

oliacr
03-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Huge announcements? :D :D
Probably after the Jackdaw edition released