PDA

View Full Version : Would Edward have been proud of how both Haytham and Connor turned out?

Radman500
03-08-2014, 07:13 PM
saw this question on reddit

how do you think Edward would view Haytham and Connor and how they turned out, their lives...would he give them both respect etc.

Assassin_M
03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
I think he'd be proud of both of them, but with a slight initial disappointment with how Haytham became a Templar, not disappointment in Haytham, though, just disappointment that he couldn't live longer and save his son from the clutches of Birch.

I honestly think this is a question that doesn't deserve THAT much thought to answer. Edward would be proud of Connor for his resiliency, tenacity and courage. He'd commend him on how he rebuilt the Assassin Brotherhood in the colonies and that even though he faced tough decisions, he stuck with his resolve to help the Patriots gain their freedom.

He'd commend Haytham on thinking for himself and how saved his sister and son even though it meant betraying the order he grew up with. Edward would be proud of his sacrifice and comfort him by saying that he's proud of him.

oliacr
03-08-2014, 08:12 PM
I think he'd be proud of both of them, but with a slight initial disappointment with how Haytham became a Templar, not disappointment in Haytham, though, just disappointment that he couldn't live longer and save his son from the clutches of Birch.

I honestly think this is a question that doesn't deserve THAT much thought to answer. Edward would be proud of Connor for his resiliency, tenacity and courage. He'd commend him on how he rebuilt the Assassin Brotherhood in the colonies and that even though he faced tough decisions, he stuck with his resolve to help the Patriots gain their freedom.

He'd commend Haytham on thinking for himself and how saved his sister and son even though it meant betraying the order he grew up with. Edward would be proud of his sacrifice and comfort him by saying that he's proud of him.
exactly, well said :)

Perk89
03-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Pretty self explanatory of how he'd' feel about Connor. I think there'd be a lot of anguish over Haytham, though I'd say he still loves him of course and would be proud that a lot of his actions were rooted in Assassin values. Ultimately he couldn't forsake the Templar life he grew up knowing so I think that'd provide he most grief, but Haytham held into his father's teachings of thinking for himself and that would probably provide the most pride.

ihp7
03-08-2014, 09:52 PM
How, do you guys think, Edward would have reacted to Connor killing Haytham?

silvermercy
03-08-2014, 09:57 PM
If Edward was around, I personally believe this wouldn't have happened in the first place...

who-can-i-be
03-08-2014, 10:37 PM

He'd be distraught, but would ultimately commend Connor for doing what needed to be done.

SixKeys
03-08-2014, 11:07 PM
He'd probably kick the **** out of Haytham and give Connor a pat on the back while telling him to loosen up a bit.

Consus_E
03-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Everything M said... Also this:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/142/c/9/pole_dancing_edward_by_doubleleaf-d667ak4.png

Templar_Az
03-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Although he would probably be dissapointed in Haytham for choosing to side with the Templars I think that he would also be proud of both of them for choosing to live for a cause and not chasing their own selfish desires like he himself did at the start of his life as a pirate (for money etc.).

LoyalACFan
03-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I think he'd treat Haytham the same way Haytham treated Connor. A bit disappointed but still proud and believing he could be redeemed.

And he'd take Connor out to get wasted. Or laid. Or both. Immediately.

ze_topazio
03-09-2014, 04:44 PM
If Edward was around, I personally believe this wouldn't have happened in the first place...

If Edward had not be killed, Haytham wouldn't have become a Templar, he would not be sent to North America and Connor would not have been born.

Shahkulu101
03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
If Edward had not be killed, Haytham wouldn't have become a Templar, he would not be sent to North America and Connor would not have been born.

So when you think about it, Edward had to die. Enlightening indeed - although no Connor may have benifitted the series in the long-run.

GunnarGunderson
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM

Wouldn't it have been cool if the Observatory was actually for seeing the future, and Edward actually saw this and knew who they were?

GunnerGalactico
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I actually agree with everything that M has stated. :D

I-Like-Pie45
03-09-2014, 08:16 PM
So when you think about it, Edward had to die. Enlightening indeed - although no Connor may have benifitted the series in the long-run.

not really

instead of 'where's our connor sequel threads'

we'd just have 'where's our edward or adewale sequel' threads

ihp7
03-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't it have been cool if the Observatory was actually for seeing the future, and Edward actually saw this and knew who they were?

That would have been very cool indeed!

pacmanate
03-09-2014, 10:41 PM
"What happened to Connor"

Will_Lucky
03-10-2014, 04:31 PM
I suspect proud that both of them like him eventually found a direction in life they were content with pursuing I suppose.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Well said… this pretty much sums up my response.

Fatal-Feit
03-10-2014, 10:58 PM

For the franchise as a fictional-immersive thing in real life or the fictional world of AC, itself?

poptartz20
03-12-2014, 04:40 AM
I was thinking Haytham would get a swift punch in the face while connor would get a pat on the back. lol.

but honestly I think M said it best. that was well said sir!

and agreeing with silver as well.. if Edward would have been alive then the showdown between father and son wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Overall this was a well told story about a racially diverse family. (in away) and how the Creed affected their lives. or it least it was IMO.

pirate1802
03-12-2014, 06:30 AM
I wanted to write a longass reply but then saw M's reply and he wrote most of the things I wanted to write, so I just add his general reaction to both his son and grandson.

http://www.reactionimage.org/img/gallery/7154536228.jpg

Tanyn
03-13-2014, 03:50 AM
"What happened to Connor"

With any luck, the developers completely forgot about him, and burned all material referencing or alluding to him ... or, in lieu of that, at least I would hope they get a different voice actor for him ... the original one was so monotone and terrible that it made me want to kill small animals just to jar myself awake. But Connor was fine I suppose, as long as he wasn't speaking.

Haytham said it best: ... "I expected Naivety, but THIS?!" ... exactly, Haytham. Exactly.

Radman500
10-24-2014, 09:51 PM
would he of been proud of his son and grandson, that they both fought for what they believed in

Ureh
10-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Yeah for the most part. :)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/845135-what-would-Edward-s-opinion-be-on-his-son-and-grandson-on-how-they-turned-out-Forums

cawatrooper9
10-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Oh look, another Radman post.

Hans684
10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
He would, they choose their path. That's what he wanted the most, yes Haytham was taken by Templars but he stayed aster he found out the truth, same with Connor after his fight was over. Both stayed, both choose.

marvelfannumber
10-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Did Radman make a useless thread with the same topic as a previous useless thread he already made?

DOUBLE RADMAN!

Namikaze_17
10-25-2014, 12:13 AM
He would, they choose their path. That's what he wanted the most, yes Haytham was taken by Templars but he stayed aster he found out the truth, same with Connor after his fight was over. Both stayed, both choose.

This...

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 04:40 AM
He'd be proud that Connor can sail a ship and torch Forts and Man O'Wars just like he used to do. He'd also be disappointed that Haytham became a landlubber all his life.

Remember the name of the two ships of the Kenway family - Aquila(The Eagle) and the Jackdaw. Edward wanted Haytham to be an Assassin, that's why he named him Haytham(young Eagle), it was Connor who fulfilled his vision for the family, though at a terrible price.

And Edward wouldn't want to have his family end in Patricide either.

He should probably, and justifiably, feel really really bad for what he did to Jenny Scott. That was mostly his fault and stupidity. But then Edward's stupidity is really his main flaw and endearing trait.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Edward doesn't seem to be the 'proud' type.
I never fully accepted him as an assassin.
As I'm sure neither did he.

cawatrooper9
10-25-2014, 03:03 PM

Very cool indeed. Or what if Haytham manages to see the Observatory this way in Rogue, sees who Connor becomes, and realizes that everything needs to come to pass so that Connor can do what he needs to do. That would be heartbreaking.

VestigialLlama4
10-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Very cool indeed. Or what if Haytham manages to see the Observatory this way in Rogue, sees who Connor becomes, and realizes that everything needs to come to pass so that Connor can do what he needs to do. That would be heartbreaking.

There's already a bit of that in BLACK FLAG, when Black Bart is dying he actually says that Edward would be more of use to Juno than himself. What he means is the fact that Edward's grandson would become part of the quest to restore Juno to life.