PDA

View Full Version : Kenway's Fleet: Design & Game Flow Issues

Led_Catcher
03-08-2014, 04:36 AM
I have several issues with "Kenway's Fleet". First, there's a limited number of gemstones you can acquire; after that, no matter how many you earn, the game doesn't register them, so you're throwing them away, along with all your efforts to acquire them. Second, the limited number of docks limit the number of ships you can acquire; once again, you are throwing away your efforts and gemstones. Also, the rudimentary way this Fleet game is designed, it seems to act like a one-way street. For example, I sent my fleet out on various missions; meanwhile, I capture several level 60 ships, the best you can capture. But "Kenway's Fleet" is a one-way street; the interface only allows me to turn my new big ships into gemstones, which I've already maxed out to the highest number. Somehow, the game doesn't offer me the option to scrap the ships returned from missions, only the newer better ships I want to keep. So my only option is to scrap 4 big 60 level ships for gemstones that will never even register, because I'm maxed out. I'm having a blast with the main AC 4, but Kenway's Fleet is clumsy, poorly thought out and poorly designed, worst of all, BORING. Thanks for the space to vent to fellow players; no offense meant to anyone.

P.S. I've been gaming steadily ever since the original Wolfenstein, so I bring over 3 decades of game play experience with my views.

rcole_sooner
03-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Smaller text would help me read that ... as it is it does not even fit on one screen.

Yeah, I lost 3 level 70 (or whichever have 90 cargo space and like 27 or so speed) MoWs, and did not even get $$ as 9999 is the max.

Arg! LOL!

At one point it provided an ignore to get past that ... but not always.

YazX_
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
the fleet is just mini-game and was not intended to be a full featured one, its just a way to help you make money in main game, Ubisoft always put a way in AC games to gain money, all of them are kinda repetitive and boring, earlier ACs had assassination missions which are based on the same concept but you send assassins instead of ships. so as i said its just a mean to get money in game.

yes it has flaws and issues, i have no issues with the mentioned points here but the main issue is time required for missions to complete, some missions need around 3 days to complete, Ubisoft is assuming that people are playing like 1 hour a day, then 3 days wont be that bad to get the money, but most people finish the game within the first week, so this rendered the whole fleet useless to get money.

Nitrotoluene
03-09-2014, 04:56 AM
Yeah, what's with the huge text?

Regarding your point about not being able to add new/better ships once you have a filled up all the docks, it confused me at first also. What you need to do is first choose some existing ships that you would like to replace and 'salvage' them (i.e. sink them and convert them to gemstones) which leaves you with some unfilled docks. THEN go to sea in the main game and capture the better ships, ideally the same number as the number of empty docks. When you next open Kenway's Fleet, you can insert those new ships into the empty docks. I know, it's clumsy and I agree it was poorly designed, but that's how to 'upgrade' your fleet.

playlisting
03-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah, what's with the huge text?

Regarding your point about not being able to add new/better ships once you have a filled up all the docks, it confused me at first also. What you need to do is first choose some existing ships that you would like to replace and 'salvage' them (i.e. sink them and convert them to gemstones) which leaves you with some unfilled docks. THEN go to sea in the main game and capture the better ships, ideally the same number as the number of empty docks. When you next open Kenway's Fleet, you can insert those new ships into the empty docks. I know, it's clumsy and I agree it was poorly designed, but that's how to 'upgrade' your fleet.

When you capture a ship and you enter Kenway's Fleet, you have the option to: add more docks, salvage ship from the fleet and salvage for gemstones. If you click salvage ship from the fleet, it allows you to go into your fleet, select a ship you no longer want, and salvage it which opens up a dock for the ship you're wanting to add.

rcole_sooner
03-09-2014, 03:57 PM
You cannot salvage ships that are a mission but worse one that has returned but the report not viewed. Having the report view after the add/salvage view seems backwards.