PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Summon Up the Story or Ubisoft F-ed it up?

Marcus101RR
03-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Dear AC Fans,

I went back to playing Assassin's Creed to understand what changed in the course of the series, if either Ubisoft lost vision in the game, or if I am missing something. Since we now have AC4 already out and about, there can be no confusion or issues with what is true and what is not.

In Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood, the credits have 3 voices talking. Desmond, and 2 other unknown personas (presumable what seems to be Abstergo Agents). Using Google I went to the search for "The voices in credits brotherhood" has keywords. Resulting in many speculations back in 2010-2011 what that could be. However, all this is no longer valid, such as "Abstergo Agents" and being back in Abstergo. The story about the gameplay with desmond being an animus and not real (due to the animus glitches happening even outside of the animus). I strangely believe non of that.

Since I already played all games, and want to understand the story. The gap between AC2 and Brotherhood are okay, the gap between Brotherhood and Revelations is a complete **** up. His father shows up randomly, but not in the end of brotherhood, its not his voice, unless they dun-goofed the voice actor to find the right one.

So I ask, Someone PLEASE, for the love of god tell me what the FUFF happened from brotherhood onwards. What is going on? Did Ubisoft screw up? Lucy being killed off? Was there any sign/plan that she really was a templar? Was it all just to milk AC? I need some kind of explanation or its gonna throw me off and never understand the series at this rate.

If this has been answered somewhere, please just link me to the thread. I'll try to read it.

Thank You,
Very Confused AC Player

Sdwakias
03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Dear AC Fans,

I went back to playing Assassin's Creed to understand what changed in the course of the series, if either Ubisoft lost vision in the game, or if I am missing something. Since we now have AC4 already out and about, there can be no confusion or issues with what is true and what is not.

In Assassin's Creed II: Brotherhood, the credits have 3 voices talking. Desmond, and 2 other unknown personas (presumable what seems to be Abstergo Agents). Using Google I went to the search for "The voices in credits brotherhood" has keywords. Resulting in many speculations back in 2010-2011 what that could be. However, all this is no longer valid, such as "Abstergo Agents" and being back in Abstergo. The story about the gameplay with desmond being an animus and not real (due to the animus glitches happening even outside of the animus). I strangely believe non of that.

Since I already played all games, and want to understand the story. The gap between AC2 and Brotherhood are okay, the gap between Brotherhood and Revelations is a complete **** up. His father shows up randomly, but not in the end of brotherhood, its not his voice, unless they dun-goofed the voice actor to find the right one.

So I ask, Someone PLEASE, for the love of god tell me what the FUFF happened from brotherhood onwards. What is going on? Did Ubisoft screw up? Lucy being killed off? Was there any sign/plan that she really was a templar? Was it all just to milk AC? I need some kind of explanation or its gonna throw me off and never understand the series at this rate.

If this has been answered somewhere, please just link me to the thread. I'll try to read it.

Thank You,
Very Confused AC Player

I played Revelations (for the second time) a few months ago, and I finished ACII just 2 days ago, and I am not re-playing Brotherhood, but I have yet to finish it, but I can tell you from what I remember. Lucy was an Assassin who was sent as an insider in Abstergo, but the Assassins lost connection with her for a really long time, and she felt that she was left by them, so slowly, she turned into the arms of the Templars. I don't know if Ubisoft made it to milk the series (Which any company would), but it makes perfect sense. I will finish Brotherhood and read all the emails to remember once again about her. Also, after Brotherhood, Desmonds falls into a coma, but not the usual coma, but something that has to do with the Animus side-effects. Probably his brain burnt or something, so Rebbeca and Shaun put him into the Animus, which started a "restoration" process. Now, don't tell me how they new Desmond had to go back to the Animus, since I don't know/remember, but it fits really nice story-wise. There are some holes in the story, but there is no game (or story) that has no holes.

Ureh
03-07-2014, 09:54 PM

I thought they did a pretty decent job of gradually nudging Desmond's daddy into the story. The emails, in ACB, that were sent to Shaun are from the real William Miles. The ones sent to Lucy are from someone impersonating as William M... probably Vidic using dictation since he doesn't use proper capitalization himself. If you compare the composition and tone of emails, you'll likely notice a difference. Also you might remember that there is a red trail leading outside the Monteriggioni villa - revealed through Eagle Vision - which was probably left by Lucy when she mysteriously disappears for a while (probably to get in touch with the suspicious unmarked van that Rebecca mentioned in one of the emails). Unfortunately they did have to change voice actors for William (the credits indicate this).

Fatal-Feit
03-07-2014, 11:10 PM
The gap between AC:B and AC:R are not that big. They're the major milking of the franchise. AC:3 and AC:IV have been pretty good thus far with the new engine, gameplay, and darker story. AC:IV took the Creed and series back to its route that the Ezio Trilogy onward have lost.

-------

As for the modern day story,

AC:B - Desmond found the Apple, killed Lucy because she was a Templar spy, and went into a coma
AC:R - We got some background for Desmond, we learned why Lucy betrayed them and why Desmond killed her. Desmond met subject 16- learned about his background too, and Desmond awoken from his coma.
AC:3 - Desmond went to the Grand Temple and there he learned more about the first civilization, the end of the world, and Minerva. Through his last ancestor -Connor- Desmond was able to find the key and unlock what's hidden beneath the Grand Temple. To his surprise, it was Juno trying to trick him into releasing her, luckily stopped by Minerva. From then he had 2 choices.
1. Don't release her and let the world end. In doing so, Desmond would be one of the few remaining humans alive to repopulate the earth and he would become the new Jesus figure. It would also restart the cycle all over again.
2. Sacrifice himself to release Juno and postpone the earth's demise. In doing so, Desmond died and Juno have been released to stop the Sun's wraith and enslave humanity.
Desmond chose option 2.
AC:IV - We are now playing as ourselves in first person as a hired game maker for Abstergo. We were blackmailed by the sage(Juno's husband who've been made to be incarnated forever) AKA John from IT, to hack and send in files to the Assassins. By the end, it turns out John was trying to use you as a vessel for Juno because she didn't have a physical form but luckily for you, Juno didn't have enough strength at the time. Later John tried to kill you but he was stopped by body guards for Abstergo and was shot-killed.

IMO, the story was F -ed up long ago with AC:2. The rest of the franchise are basically picking up the pieces. The route AC:IV is heading towards is good. Less of a convoluted mess to deal with.

Marcus101RR
03-17-2014, 05:55 AM
I swear I must suck at recognizing voices or its all fallacy! The voices on the credits of brotherhood do not match anyone, not even william (his father). Though, it does mention "Yes William". The voices are neither shaun, nor Rebecca, unless you want to tell me she is a man...someone needs to clear it up for me. Who are these people talking...

AC3, picks off where AC was. Mentor/Recruit becoming an assassin. However, AC4, does not, he just puts someone elses robes on and starts doing stuff. Not exactly AC based. I think Juno's purpose is useless. But, I can see AC being milked until they kill Juno off of the world...beats me how.

If It was me, I would have picked 1.

Lignjoslav
03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Could have been different voice actors. Essentially, the voices tell us that Desmond is in a "coma" (actually stuck in the animus, his brain refusing to switch back to receiving stimuli from the real world) and that he has been like that over the entire course of AC:B, merely reliving through animus what had already happened.

This is all so that we could have another game, AC:R, where nothing new needs to happen in the present. In that game, Desmond stays in his "coma" while he replays the final adventures of Ezio. At the end of them, Jupiter speaks to Desmond through Ezio, reveals to him the location of the vault and then Ezio magically awakes.

All that completely unnecessary, since at the end of AC:B, in Da Vinci's Disappearance, a set of coordinates is revealed to Ezio (and Desmond) which points to a location at a lake somewhere in the Northamerican wilderness (which suits the Indian village from ACIII, which is also where the vault is), so my guess is that they made last minute "adjustments" to the end of AC:B (added those voices to the end credits) just so that they could insert another sequel into the series before ACIII.