PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft revealing something big tonight (for europe tomorrow for australia )

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-06-2014, 11:33 AM
on there Facebook it says. Big news tonight - be ready at 18:00 CET!

I will even link it as well for proof

https://www.facebook.com/Ubisoft.Nordic?fref=ts

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 11:55 AM
As far as I know, it's expected to be something regarding Watch Dogs. :p

Still gonna look for it though, who knows for sure?

X_xWolverinEx_X
03-06-2014, 12:05 PM
well ac4 was announce on march 4th and ac3 on march 5th and its march 6th (in Australia ) so when its the 7th it would be the 6th everywhere else. so it could be ac5 .

Moultonborough
03-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm not so sure here's why :

A) I forget where but I saw something saying "big week for Watch Dogs" nothing about Assassin's Creed.

B) With nothing so far being announced for Assassin's Creed I've been thinking it will be announced on the 16th. If anyone is apart of initiates the latest post has been decoded for the next full moon. Which happens the day/night before GDC this year. There really would be no reason to announce it after that. Sure, PAX East starts on April 11th and I doubt they would blow off that chance for the pubic to promote it. They will want discussion/ already reason to get to their booth first thing.

So, hopefully they will announce the AC info along with WD but...... I wouldn't fully put stock on it. Should be nice for finally new WD info. I'll be watching either way.

EDIT: Looks like Watch Dogs changed the FB page picture. (At least for me) Never seen before. As of now only 18 hours ago. A perfect set-up........here (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Watch-Dogs/449728051764922)

overdidd
03-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Drooling of excitement. Of possible letdown too.

EDIT: oh and in spam threads as well. (damn what's happening?).

ACLexter
03-06-2014, 12:58 PM
its either AC5 or watch dog.
still at least an official announcement :rolleyes:

oliacr
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Hopefully it will be AC5. It's about damn time!

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Well Ubisoft does make a few games..

lonewarrior30
03-06-2014, 01:09 PM

ouch :(

oliacr
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Ubi has yet to reveal AC5 :D

overdidd
03-06-2014, 01:25 PM

Thanks for ruining our exciting mood, mister Shade. :nonchalance:

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
nothing to ruin, I never said it wasn't - time will tell though whats happening - when it happens;)

overdidd
03-06-2014, 01:53 PM
nothing to ruin, I never said it wasn't - time will tell though whats happening - when it happens;)

I still love you.

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
The marketing director of Watch Dogs said it would be a special week for Watch Dogs.
If it is a press event they are doing, they are gonna announce something both for Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed. It would be a waste of money to host a press event today and then host another press event on the 16th, a.k.a. 10 days later (based on the latest Inititates coded message - let alone the fact that the 16th is a Sunday).
If this is a simple reveal / press announcement, then it is possible that only Watch_Dogs fans are going to get something out of it.
On the other hand, it could be nothing. Just like Warner Bros Games did with the "announcement" on the 31st of December.

True_Assassin92
03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Well he did say "a few games", it could be an announcement about multiple games :). WD and AC.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm not so sure here's why :

A) I forget where but I saw something saying "big week for Watch Dogs" nothing about Assassin's Creed.

B) With nothing so far being announced for Assassin's Creed I've been thinking it will be announced on the 16th. If anyone is apart of initiates the latest post has been decoded for the next full moon. Which happens the day/night before GDC this year. There really would be no reason to announce it after that. Sure, PAX East starts on April 11th and I doubt they would blow off that chance for the pubic to promote it. They will want discussion/ already reason to get to their booth first thing.

So, hopefully they will announce the AC info along with WD but...... I wouldn't fully put stock on it. Should be nice for finally new WD info. I'll be watching either way.

EDIT: Looks like Watch Dogs changed the FB page picture. (At least for me) Never seen before. As of now only 18 hours ago. A perfect set-up........here (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Watch-Dogs/449728051764922)

You are probably right :(

Edit: Just saw this on GS: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-release-date-announced-for-everything-except-wii-u/1100-6417977/

Probably the trailer that will be oficial tonight.

breakdownthewall
03-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Ubisoft just released the Watch Dogs trailer on Facebook.

VoXngola
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Ubisoft just released the Watch Dogs trailer on Facebook.

Oh god, it's true.

It's unlikely but I'm so hyped that ACV could be announced today.

Edit: Looks like I was right, they planned the Watch Dogs announcement for 6 PM today but due to leaks they released it now instead. It's on their FB page...

Avantiic
03-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Well Ubi posted a new trailer and the release date of watch_dogs (27.5-14) so I dont think its about WD, mabye a new titel or AC V news :D

xPipBoy
03-06-2014, 03:26 PM
guys, the day has come! Ubisoft has released the WATCH DOGS TRAILER, and it's not even 6pm cet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg&feature=c4-overview

So... i don't want to say anything but i think it's pretty clear... new ac incoming tonight

breakdownthewall
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Oh god, it's true.

It's unlikely but I'm so hyped that ACV could be announced today.

The feeling is mutual, man. I got my fingers crossed.
That trailer was great though! Here it is for anyone who wants to watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk&feature=youtu.be

oliacr
03-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Watch Dogs is out so we are closer to AC :)

breakdownthewall
03-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Edit: Looks like I was right, they planned the Watch Dogs announcement for 6 PM today but due to leaks they released it now instead. It's on their FB page...

:(

fcederberg
03-06-2014, 03:39 PM
No ACV announcement today. Ubisoft just commented it on Facebook. :-(

oliacr
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM
No ACV announcement today. Ubisoft just commented it on Facebook. :-(

they are trolling

fcederberg
03-06-2014, 03:46 PM
they are trolling

I wish that was true but I doubt it tough.

ACLexter
03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
bummer :( :nonchalance:

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Well this was too be expected, they've been talking about big Watch Dog news all week.

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Ubisoft is unlikely to split hype across games, especially since Watch Dogs needs every bit of hype it can get due to the delay.

weirdest AC situation ever. Part of me thinks it's cause Watch Dogs was delayed, so they need to dedicate more time to re-marketing it again.

AssassinHMS
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
bummer :( :nonchalance:

Ok, so it wasn't AC5's announcement but, with a "bit" of luck, it won't be announced untill next year and AC will get some rest. Wouldn't that be great?

oliacr
03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Ok, so it wasn't AC5's announcement but, with a "bit" of luck, it won't be announced untill next year and AC will get some rest. Wouldn't that be great?

Just a short answer, no.

Ubisoft is unlikely to split hype across games, especially since Watch Dogs needs every bit of hype it can get due to the delay.
They just only need to upload one trailer. :)

ACLexter
03-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Well, part of me agrees :rolleyes:

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 04:31 PM

weirdest AC situation ever. Part of me thinks it's cause Watch Dogs was delayed, so they need to dedicate more time to re-marketing it again.

Almost certainly, Watch Dogs has kind of fell off a lot of peoples radar since its original delay and I imagine Ubisoft got a lot of hate from those cancelled bundles as well. They need to revive this series now so Assassins Creed has probably been put on the back-burner for a while.

xPipBoy
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
They announced the watch dogs release date earlier because of leaks... why don't they do the same thing for ac?

AssassinHMS
03-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Just a short answer, no.

I figured as much

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Watch_Dogs Story Trailer and Release Date out. Was that what they wanted to show us tonight? Or, with the Watch_Dogs announcement out of the way we can say that AC news await us at 18:00? Why am I writing such an inconstructive post with no information in it?

xPipBoy
03-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Watch_Dogs Story Trailer and Release Date out. Was that what they wanted to show us tonight? Or, with the Watch_Dogs announcement out of the way we can say that AC news await us at 18:00? Why am I writing such an inconstructive post with no information in it?

I hope so, but ubisoft said on facebook that the trailer was what they had planned for 18:00 but they have published it earlier because it was leaked around 14:00 pm cet. But, maybe they're trolling and there will be ac5 at 18:00...

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 04:47 PM
I hope so, but ubisoft said on facebook that the trailer was what they had planned for 18:00 but they have published it earlier because it was leaked around 14:00 pm cet. But, maybe they're trolling and there will be ac5 at 18:00...
Oh, have they said so? Anyway, another day without an AC announcement... Friday is out of the question: they wouldn't announce it just before the weekend... So, see you on monday, people.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I doubt well see anything AC related from Ubi for another 2 weeks. They want to get Watch Dogs out of the way before start talking AC. Watch dogs comes out in 2 months, AC prob Nov or Dec. So yea, doubt itll be anything AC related

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Nah, same thing happened with AC4 and AC3. Both had their posters leaked early and Ubisoft responded by showing off the boxart before the planned announcement.

xPipBoy
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
well, so will they really announce it at e3?
I thought they need more than 6 months for marketing stuff ya know

GunnerGalactico
03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Whatever the case... I'm curious to know what it is.

What if they do release something that is AC related?

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Whatever the case... I'm curious to know what it is.

What if they do release something that is AC related?

Well then itll be AWESOME ! lol

GunnerGalactico
03-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Well then itll be AWESOME ! lol

Definitely !

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 04:59 PM
I doubt they will. I am starting to feel like I ought to stop refreshing the main AC forum page every hour and come back in a week or so.

overdidd
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I doubt they will. I am starting to feel like I ought to stop refreshing the main AC forum page every hour and come back in a week or so.

*sigh* same. Guess we'll know soon enough.

True_Assassin92
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I wonder if Mr.Shade is allowed to answer this and I think he can. Will there be any other news beside WD at 18 pm? :p

BATISTABUS
03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
It's Watch Dogs. They pushed the announcement forward due to leaks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFiJJFliB90

Moultonborough
03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
well, so will they really announce it at e3?
I thought they need more than 6 months for marketing stuff ya know

No, like I said I very highly doubt Ubisoft would not show something AC at PAX East. In my opinion they are waiting until GDC in ten days. Let Watch Dogs get ten days of attention alone then bring out AC so both can be shown at GDC and onward.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 06:05 PM
No, like I said I very highly doubt Ubisoft would not show something AC at PAX East. In my opinion they are waiting until GDC in ten days. Let Watch Dogs get ten days of attention alone then bring out AC so both can be shown at GDC and onward.

A little bit diappointing we do not get any information yet.

But I can understand that they want to give their new IP Watch Dogs the time and sole attention at the moment. If AC was revealed at the same time it might have stolen a lot of Watch Dogs attention or the other way around.

And since WD will be released May 27 (less than 3 months) and AC probably late this year I also understand that WD gets the first place in terms of announcements.

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh, have they said so? Anyway, another day without an AC announcement... Friday is out of the question: they wouldn't announce it just before the weekend... So, see you on monday, people.

Coming with you.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
A little bit diappointing we do not get any information yet.

But I can understand that they want to give their new IP Watch Dogs the time and sole attention at the moment. If AC was revealed at the same time it might have stolen a lot of Watch Dogs attention or the other way around.

And since WD will be released May 27 (less than 3 months) and AC probably late this year I also understand that WD gets the first place in terms of announcements.

Yup. exactly what I said. but either way, im excited about both. Watch dogs is going to be a Bad *** game

I think itll be around 2 weeks until we hear anything about ACV (part 1 and 2 if there are 2 titles)

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Historically they've tended to aim for Thursdays...See you all next week :p.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Yup. exactly what I said. but either way, im excited about both. Watch dogs is going to be a Bad *** game

I think itll be around 2 weeks until we hear anything about ACV (part 1 and 2 if there are 2 titles)

Btw. Did anyone notice the WD trailer was so bad in terms of graphics? I think they used the old/current gen instead of next-gen version.
But I think that makes sense, that way no one will be "disappointed" in the end, not even those playing it on old gen.

I just hope my PC (very borderline with 2013/2014 games, got to get new hardware at the end of the year) can handle it.
But I guess if old/current gen consoles can then my PC can as well.

ArabianFrost
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Btw. Did anyone notice the WD trailer was so bad in terms of graphics? I think they used the old/current gen instead of next-gen version.
But I think that makes sense, that way no one will be "disappointed" in the end, not even those playing it on old gen.

I just hope my PC (very borderline with 2013/2014 games, got to get new hardware at the end of the year) can handle it.

Or you know...the game was excessively polished in the other trailers.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 06:29 PM

Play the trailer in HD lol

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
It was the PS4 version, don't worry the downgrade has been noticed alright. One heck of a disappointment actually.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Play the trailer in HD lol

I did.

Compare it with the earlier trailers.

Or you know...the game was excessively polished in the other trailers.

That's of course also possible.

It was the PS4 version, don't worry the downgrade has been noticed alright. One heck of a disappointment actually.

I don't worry. I'm a PC-only gamer anyway. PC will probably have a lot of additional graphics quality options. And if the game works better with that downgrade I am fine with it. Still looks as good if not better than GTA V, and graphics is not everything, so I'm fine with it.....

It was just something I noticed.

Plus, if they downgraded it a little I might be able to wait a little bit with upgrading my PC hardware since it might run on my rather outdated system (wouldn't be a problem to upgrade it, but I'd rather wait for the Nvidia 800 series later this year...)

STDlyMcStudpants
03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
I think Watch_Dogs is beautiful......
I dont need photo realistic graphics..i just need a fun time..thats all

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
The graphics shown in the latest trailer have nothing to do with the graphics shown in the previous trailers, which is to be expected. Even if you cannot notice the difference in the trailer, you will undoubtly catch the difference between the old gameplay videos and the one uploaded today by Gamespot. The pavement, the walls, the trafic lights, heck, even Aiden's moves were simplified. After all, Watch_Dogs was delayed so that they could dump down the graphics and / or optimize it.
"And how do you know that, you lieing POS?"
If you remember, just a month before the initial scheduled release for the game, the system requirements for the PC were released. And they were sky high. The recommended gfx card was a GTX 660 Ti, which is 9 times more powerful than a PS3 and 1.75 times faster (in paper) than a PS4. The recommended CPU was an intel i7 4770k, which is 25 times faster than a PS3 and nearly 5 times faster than a PS4's CPU. And those were just the recommended, not the ones to give you ultra settings at 30+ fps. Crysis' requirements were more down to earth back in the day. Obviously, something like that wouldn't even hit 25 average on a PS4/X1 and not even 15 on a PS3/X360.

I just hope Watch_Dogs does not turn out to be another Thief. Although, I understood that Thief would be a mediocre game from the get-go.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
What I think honestly happened is that Ubisoft are aware.
Watch_Dogs without a doubt has a MASSIVE investment attached to it.
They wanted this game to be next gen gorgeous but quickly realized it just wasnt going to happen as soon as expected so the game got pushed back to try and make it work..unfortunately it wasnt as easy as they thought it could be and had to sacrifice to get this game out before it lost all momentum (as it clearly is)

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 07:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WbhlqId.jpg

Ubisoft...never never do this to a AC5 PS4 edition for the love of god.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 07:02 PM
The graphics shown in the latest trailer have nothing to do with the graphics shown in the previous trailers, which is to be expected. Even if you cannot notice the difference in the trailer, you will undoubtly catch the difference between the old gameplay videos and the one uploaded today by Gamespot. The pavement, the walls, the trafic lights, heck, even Aiden's moves were simplified. After all, Watch_Dogs was delayed so that they could dump down the graphics and / or optimize it.
"And how do you know that, you lieing POS?"
If you remember, just a month before the initial scheduled release for the game, the system requirements for the PC were released. And they were sky high. The recommended gfx card was a GTX 660 Ti, which is 9 times more powerful than a PS3 and 1.75 times faster (in paper) than a PS4. The recommended CPU was an intel i7 4770k, which is 25 times faster than a PS3 and nearly 5 times faster than a PS4's CPU. And those were just the recommended, not the ones to give you ultra settings at 30+ fps. Crysis' requirements were more down to earth back in the day. Obviously, something like that wouldn't even hit 25 average on a PS4/X1 and not even 15 on a PS3/X360.

I just hope Watch_Dogs does not turn out to be another Thief. Although, I understood that Thief would be a mediocre game from the get-go.

I think there is little danger for that.

I can understand them dumping down the graphics. Like I said, it's also good for PC users, especially in this transition period from last/old gen to current/next gen.
I myself am happy since I can now wait until I am SURE that the graphics/video card I buy will beat the PS4/XboxOne even if the developers optimize it to the maximum.
With the new series (800) and architecture (maxwell) I am sure it will.

It has advantages for everyone to tone down the graphics, and also for the overall game performance on the different systems, which includes Ps3, 360 and Wii U, which are all not that strong. It still looks amazing, and my guess is that at least PC will have a lot of optimization options in terms of graphics.

@Will_Lucky => I think in the end it will look better on PS4 and XboxOne. I know FOR SURE it will look better on PC, so I don't worry. It's still gorgeous.

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 07:06 PM
@Will_Lucky => I think in the end it will look better on PS4 and XboxOne. I know FOR SURE it will look better on PC, so I don't worry. It's still gorgeous.

That screenshot is from the PS4 version...

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I did.

I don't worry. I'm a PC-only gamer anyway. PC will probably have a lot of additional graphics quality options. And if the game works better with that downgrade I am fine with it. Still looks as good if not better than GTA V, and graphics is not everything, so I'm fine with it.....

Plus, if they downgraded it a little I might be able to wait a little bit with upgrading my PC hardware since it might run on my rather outdated system (wouldn't be a problem to upgrade it, but I'd rather wait for the Nvidia 800 series later this year...)

you're a PC gamer?? I actually have a question for you. I always put graphics over everything, im huge on graphics so I bought a Samsung smart TV and ps4 since all the youtube channels say it has a slightly better graphics then X1 but I just found out that PC versions of games have better graphics then the new Gen consoles. I never EVER played PC games, Ive always been a console guy, but my brother recently bought me a custom made HP ENVY desktop for school, (8gb memory, IntelCore i7 4.1GHz, Geforce gtx780 3gb) I don't know much about computers but my friend does and he said it would be perfect for gaming. here's my question, are comp gaming really better than console? I love the whole controller feeing and ps4 on my led tv just looks beautiful, theres no freezing or delays and how much better can the graphics be? so why do so many gamers prefer PCs over next gen consoles??

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
It's a choice - nothing more…

Some prefer PC due to the ability to mod them - or - have better looking graphics than home consoles - or - Using keyboard and mouse for shooting games.. there are endless reasons..

Console owners, normally like the fact that your do not need to update drivers, GPU's or sound cards etc - to keep pace with gaming..

Depends what you want as an individual - if you have the money to update a PC and keep it going - a PC will always have better graphics than a console [on the same game] - purely due to the way it's possible to scale a PC game in terms of graphics and resolution - unlike consoles..

PC gaming - can be VERY expensive though - some graphics cards - cost 3 times as much as a PS4..

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 07:23 PM
I have a gaming PC for hardcore strategy games, some FPS games and MMO's. I use my PS4/360 for pretty much everything else, so games like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect fall into that.

But some people use a PC for all gaming and put it into the Living Room and attach it to the big screen TV and get a 360 controller ideally hooked up to it to play well everything. And yes graphics are typically far far superior on PC. Resolution is higher, textures better, Physics ect everything. The gap is wide at the moment, but not that wide it will get bigger as the generation moves on and PC's get even more powerful.

Of course arguably the cost is the problem, PS4 is $399. A Gaming PC like the one you've described if you want top notch parts is $1000. But you save money on Steam and the like compared to the full $60 console games.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 07:23 PM
It's a choice - nothing more…

Some prefer PC due to the ability to mod them - or - have better looking graphics than home consoles - or - Using keyboard and mouse for shooting games.. there are endless reasons..

Console owners, normally like the fact that your do not need to update drivers, GPU's or sound cards etc - to keep pace with gaming..

Depends what you want as an individual - if you have the money to update a PC and keep it going - a PC will always have better graphics than a console [on the same game] - purely due to the way it's possible to scale a PC game in terms of graphics and resolution - unlike consoles..

PC gaming - can be VERY expensive though - some graphics cards - cost 3 times as much as a PS4..

but what if the game is developed to run at 1080p and you upgrade your GPU to run higher, its not like the game can run at better graphics since it was made to run at 1080p you know what I mean

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I have a gaming PC for hardcore strategy games, some FPS games and MMO's. I use my PS4/360 for pretty much everything else, so games like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect fall into that.

But some people use a PC for all gaming and put it into the Living Room and attach it to the big screen TV and get a 360 controller ideally hooked up to it to play well everything. And yes graphics are typically far far superior on PC.

wait wait wait a sec.. did you say hook up my 360 controller to a PC???? how?

Dome500
03-06-2014, 07:27 PM
That screenshot is from the PS4 version...

Doesn't matter, they still have at least 1 month for polishing before the game goes gold.

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Wired controller just plugs into the PC. Wireless you can get a special adaptor, not sure if they still sell those.

In regards to the 1080p comment, 1080p doesn't mean overall graphics just the resolution run at. You can turn up things like better textures, lighting, shadows ect on the PC version depending on how good the system is and what add ons the developers have given the options for. So typically things look far far improved in comparison.

And one month to patch those graphics up...good luck Ubi your going to need it.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Doesn't matter, they still have at least 1 month for polishing before the game goes gold.

Hate to keep repeating myself - from every trailer ever.. however please do also remember that Youtube videos - are compressed - that and motion blur = textures such as roads etc can blur out - plus any footage shown - will be Alpha and subject to change ;)

looks good to me though?
http://abload.de/img/2014-03-0614_24_09-wiudapm.png

if you are referring to a certain .gif - doing the rounds on gaf etc - I would wait for official confirmation on both the age and platform for that - the Trailer is a good basis for current footage.

If you have specifc concerns about the gameplay shown - if you post detailed reasons - I can report them and maybe get some proper answers for you guys - however the Watch Dog forum is the correct place to ask ;)

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/381-Watch-Dogs

You just plug it in ;)

If you have windows 8 - it just works - you need a Xbox 360 wired pad - OR - wireless and an special PC wireless adaptor - which you can find online ;) - if you have older OS, you also need a driver, which is freely available from MS.

All Ubisoft PC titles are optimised to use the Official Xbox 360 pad ;)

but what if the game is developed to run at 1080p and you upgrade your GPU to run higher, its not like the game can run at better graphics since it was made to run at 1080p you know what I mean

If it's limited to 1080p - most are not - remember PC monitors go upto 4K now - then you can increase AA [reduces jaggies] Filtering [makes graphics sharper at distance] and other things - and mainly have better frames per second - the more you have, the smoother the game plays ;)

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Wired controller just plugs into the PC. Wireless you can get a special adaptor, not sure if they still sell those.

In regards to the 1080p comment, 1080p doesn't mean overall graphics just the resolution run at. You can turn up things like better textures, lighting, shadows ect on the PC version depending on how good the system is and what add ons the developers have given the options for. So typically things look far far improved in comparison.

damn I might have to try a good PC game and compare it to my PS4. If that's true, I might have to switch to PC.

Dome500
03-06-2014, 07:42 PM
[OT POST HERE]

you're a PC gamer?? I actually have a question for you. I always put graphics over everything, im huge on graphics so I bought a Samsung smart TV and ps4 since all the youtube channels say it has a slightly better graphics then X1 but I just found out that PC versions of games have better graphics then the new Gen consoles. I never EVER played PC games, Ive always been a console guy, but my brother recently bought me a custom made HP ENVY desktop for school, (8gb memory, IntelCore i7 4.1GHz, Geforce gtx780 3gb) I don't know much about computers but my friend does and he said it would be perfect for gaming. here's my question, are comp gaming really better than console? I love the whole controller feeing and ps4 on my led tv just looks beautiful, theres no freezing or delays and how much better can the graphics be? so why do so many gamers prefer PCs over next gen consoles??

Depends on preferences and how you want to handle things and all.

1. Most games have Controller support, though an "Xbox-Controller for Windows" is more supported than a PS controller, though both should work for most games
2. PC screens are most of the time smaller than normal TV's, but you are also able to connect your PC with a TV if it has HDMI.
3. The graphics are normally a lot better, because the PC version is polished separately with texture filters, shadow quality improvements, rendering options, etc. You can customize the graphical quality based on how your system can handle it (since everyone has different hardware).
3b. ... which sometimes causes additional technical issues and so called "bad ports" if the company does not care
3c. ....though this could end now since next gen consoles have a similar architecture and use a lot of PC-like hardware
4. People who own a Nvidia Gefore GTX 760+ have already a better graphic processor (theoretically/on paper) than a PS4 or XboxOne
5. PC is a multimedia device which lets you do everything. Internet Browsers, video recording (without any "special devices"), video cutting, editing, streaming, compression, listening to music (while playing games), etc, etc
6. Almost ALL multiplayer modes of all PC games are absolutely free (not like XboxLive, don't know how Sony/PS handles this)
7. You can map your keys/controls on a PC, even if you use a controller
8. You can play games from 2 generations ago (90% downward compatibility (most "stone old games (Windows 2000/XP, sometimes even older)" work on windows 7 for example))
9. PC games are normally ~ 20 % cheaper than console games

Normally, a PC lasts 1 console generation. If you want top graphics however you will have to buy a new mid-class graphics/video card every 1 - 2 years (~ 250 €// 340 $).
Graphics will always be AT LEAST on console level since the consoles determine the lower border of system requirements.

The downside of a PC is that you normally pay around 200 - 400 $ more for a new PC than you pay for a console. My new PC will probably cost me around 800 € (1100 $) (as a reference, my old PC is now around 7 years old (my graphics card is 5 years old)).
Also, you'll have to install new drivers from time to time and manage your hardware.

Though if you buy hardware separately you'll normally have 2 - 3 years warranty on every piece.

Consoles are easy to handle, don't need care, always have the same system and games are optimized for them. Consoles are cheaper.
PC has better graphics and can do more things (multimedia). PCs are more expensive.

It's really up to the person. Everything has it's advantages.

Maintaining a PC is not that hard though. I managed to do it pretty good. I had a low budget and managed to get along well.
It depends on what level of graphics you want. If the game runs on your system though you can be sure that it has at least the quality the consoles also have. Though if you have older hardware you will not be able to use MORE than a console has. It's much more based on decisions about when you want to upgrade and how you like to handle things.

It's a thing you have to think about before changing. It's more work (and money) but better graphics and more multimedia options.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 07:43 PM
If it's limited to 1080p - most are not - remember PC monitors go upto 4K now - then you can increase AA [reduces jaggies] Filtering [makes graphics sharper at distance] and other things - and mainly have better frames per second - the more you have, the smoother the game plays ;)

Are Ubisoft games limited to 1080p?

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Are Ubisoft games limited to 1080p?

on PC - nope - most you can go to what ever you wish - however that will cost either performance - hardware or money ;)

If you are a console gamer - taking the step to PC - needs consideration though - since things CAN go badly.. if you are not technically minded - or - don't keep things updated.

It can also be very expensive [if you want to update hardware often] ..though games work out cheaper - so it's down to the person. ;)

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM

jesus. I just messed around with my NVIDIA gefore control panel, then watched the Division trailer on youtube in HD, it tooks unbelievable. If this is what I was missing this whole time by playing consoles instead of PCs, I will be very mad. But is this trailer really the same graphics? or did they just polish it up on purpose for marketing purposes?

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Updated my post about the games graphics - now I have seen what you guys are referring too..

I would take those screenshots and the gif - with a pinch of salt - until it's confirmed what platform and age of it..

The Trailer footage is in game engine, so a good basis to start from - however my points still stand about being alpha etc.

AherasSTRG
03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
jesus. I just messed around with my NVIDIA gefore control panel, then watched the Division trailer on youtube in HD, it tooks unbelievable. If this is what I was missing this whole time by playing consoles instead of PCs, I will be very mad. But is this trailer really the same graphics? or did they just polish it up on purpose for marketing purposes?
Taras, check out the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuz8pCfNJk

Battlefield 4 is one of the titles in which the difference between the console and the PC version is quite noticable. Both versions run at 1080p / 60 FPS, but the detail of the PC version is far greater. For example, in the beggining of the video, in the PC version you can see clearly the buttons on the driving wheel. If you pause at 2:54, you will clearly see the road and the surrounding buildings, while the PS4 version blurs the image and gives a generic aura for the fire. In reality, the PS4 version of BF4 is equal to the medium settings of the PC. With my GTX 760 I can play the game at high to ultra settings with constant 60 FPS. If there is indeed a GTX 780 in your house, you can play BF4 at 60+ FPS at ultra settings.
Of course, the difference between PC and PS4/X1 depends on the game. Assassin's Creed 4 is only slightly better looking on the PC (it runs at 60 FPS though and not 30).
The downside of PC gaming is that you need to update the drivers often, take care of your PC, protect it from malware and spyware etc and potentially have to change some of its components after 3 or 4 years.
Personally, this year I could either buy a PS4 or a GTX 760 + a new MOBO. I went for the GTX 760 + MOBO, because of the fact that a brand new PC game costs 40 euros from a retailer, while the same game costs 60+ for the PS4. Also, in order to play online on the PS4 you need to pay for the PS+, but on the PC, it's free.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Taras, check out the video below:

Battlefield 4 is one of the titles in which the difference between the console and the PC version is quite noticable. Both versions run at 1080p / 60 FPS, but the detail of the PC version is far greater. For example, in the beggining of the video, in the PC version you can see clearly the buttons on the driving wheel. If you pause at 2:54, you will clearly see the road and the surrounding buildings, while the PS4 version blurs the image and gives a generic aura for the fire. In reality, the PS4 version of BF4 is equal to the medium settings of the PC. With my GTX 760 I can play the game at high to ultra settings with constant 60 FPS. If there is indeed a GTX 780 in your house, you can play BF4 at 60+ FPS at ultra settings.
Of course, the difference between PC and PS4/X1 depends on the game. Assassin's Creed 4 is only slightly better looking on the PC (it runs at 60 FPS though and not 30).
The downside of PC gaming is that you need to update the drivers often, take care of your PC, protect it from malware and spyware etc and potentially have to change some of its components after 3 or 4 years.
Personally, this year I could either buy a PS4 or a GTX 760 + a new MOBO. I went for the GTX 760 + MOBO, because of the fact that a brand new PC game costs 40 euros from a retailer, while the same game costs 60+ for the PS4. Also, in order to play online on the PS4 you need to pay for the PS+, but on the PC, it's free.

Yea PC is clearly better. I see it now. But the graphics from PS4 look like PS3 graphics, I have battlefield for PS4 and it looks slightly better then on this video, but not better than the PC. I do have the GTX780 on my PC, my brother is a Comp Programmer and he got me this PC for my bday/college and he said he hooked it up for me. But I don't know much about it because I never messed with PCs before. I still don't know if I want to leave the console, it seems too good to be true with PCs. I love my big screen tv with my PS4. ill have to really do my research but it seems like there are way more PC gamers out there than consoles. maybe im wrong

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Was going to say - BF4 on PS4 looks a little better than the footage..

PC will always win though - if you have the hardware - as long as games are optimised for PC ;)

Titanfall - out next week - will be HUGE - but does not push the PC's hardware - even maxed out, it's not much different from the Xbox One version [which is not running at native 1080p - so least you can increase that on PC] so it's not always about graphics ;)

I still love my PS4 though - yeah my PC might have better graphics - apart from on Tomb Raider, where it beats it! - but the PS4 does 'just work' :)

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Aww 792p....

The Next-Gen consoles will improve, there hasn't really been a good example of a next-gen game yet on the consoles given the fact most games are cross-platform. We need a true title that isn't being ported across to show itself like the Witcher 3, that'll give a good example of the potential of the consoles.

Sushiglutton
03-06-2014, 09:05 PM
The dualshock 4 is also incredible imo. I don't have a Ps4 yet, but have played some at friends and that controller is sweet :D! Such an improvement over my poor DS3.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Aww 792p....

Still better than 720p - Xbox One owners seem happy with it ;)

Dome500
03-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Yea PC is clearly better. I see it now. But the graphics from PS4 look like PS3 graphics, I have battlefield for PS4 and it looks slightly better then on this video, but not better than the PC. I do have the GTX780 on my PC, my brother is a Comp Programmer and he got me this PC for my bday/college and he said he hooked it up for me. But I don't know much about it because I never messed with PCs before. I still don't know if I want to leave the console, it seems too good to be true with PCs. I love my big screen tv with my PS4. ill have to really do my research but it seems like there are way more PC gamers out there than consoles. maybe im wrong

If your brother knows his way around PC's then ask him if he can teach you the basics. It's actually quite easy. You don't need to know EVERYTHING, you just need to get a feeling for the hardware pieces and their stats (you know, what is powerful, what is mid-performance, which pieces are how expensive generally, etc) and how to build them into a PC. Once you got all those basics all you have to do is look in an online hardware magazine once in a while and see what changed. And of course keep a good look on the system requirements of new games being released.

If your brother can teach you that stuff you already have an advantage over someone like me who had to find out himself.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Aww 792p....

The Next-Gen consoles will improve, there hasn't really been a good example of a next-gen game yet on the consoles given the fact most games are cross-platform. We need a true title that isn't being ported across to show itself like the Witcher 3, that'll give a good example of the potential of the consoles.

what about The Division? it shows just how Next gen games will look/be like.. pretty amazing stuff

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 09:18 PM

Yup, 792p on the Source Engine...if only they knew the real reason that engine was chosen.

I'm somewhat burnt out on FPS games as it is though so I'll be skipping it. AC will take up my time at the end of the year entirely I imagine.

what about The Division? it shows just how Next gen games will look/be like.. pretty amazing stuff

I'll believe when I see actual gameplay footage :p. Ubisoft...are notorious for this I hate to say.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Do you know if Ubi has any plans of making a 3D game in the future? or at least something that supports 3D televisions? I tried playing AC black flag in 3D on my TV but it had to convert it from 2D-3D so it didn't look that great, so I just played it in reg 2D. But just curious when 3D games will start coming out for 3D TVs

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Do you know if Ubi has any plans of making a 3D game in the future? or at least something that supports 3D televisions? I tried playing AC black flag in 3D on my TV but it had to convert it from 2D-3D so it didn't look that great, so I just played it in reg 2D. But just curious when 3D games will start coming out for 3D TVs

Ehh doubtful to be honest.

3D starting dying towards the end of the last generation, there probably won't be a big push towards it in the future it just didn't resonate with consumers all that much. I recall Revelations being in 3D, but I don't think it was brilliant.

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
I'll believe when I see actual gameplay footage :p. Ubisoft...are notorious for this I hate to say.

To be honest with you, I think Ubisoft games have the best graphics by far. And the best games. AC graphics are insane. And yea I get what youre saying, it might not be as good as the trailers, but I bet you when they are released, itll still be better than any other games. Ubi games have best detail-graphics by far

Mr.GoodKall
03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Ehh doubtful to be honest.

3D starting dying towards the end of the last generation, there probably won't be a big push towards it in the future it just didn't resonate with consumers all that much. I recall Revelations being in 3D, but I don't think it was brilliant.

yea "it was" lol but I couldn't tell the difference at all between my reg 2D-3D conversion. Plus especially now with all the new 4K tvs that are coming out, 3d might not get much love.. I still love it though I love watching movies in 3D, just wish there was 1 real 3D game out (not a conversion), it would prob be amazing

Dome500
03-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I think the development rather goes towards a "Occulus-Rift"-like experience.
We might be seeing some development in this direction in a few years.

Mr_Shade
03-06-2014, 09:43 PM
If you have a PS3 / Xbox 360 - ubisoft has released a few 3d games in the past.. as you have found out..

However it's judged on a game by game basis - adding 3d does lower the quality slightly!

Will_Lucky
03-06-2014, 10:15 PM
To be honest with you, I think Ubisoft games have the best graphics by far. And the best games. AC graphics are insane. And yea I get what youre saying, it might not be as good as the trailers, but I bet you when they are released, itll still be better than any other games. Ubi games have best detail-graphics by far

In comparison to companies like Crytek, DICE, CD Project ect I think Ubisoft to have well rather average graphics actually. But its gameplay where they tend to shine, games like Far Cry and Assassins Creed just pull you in.

yea "it was" lol but I couldn't tell the difference at all between my reg 2D-3D conversion. Plus especially now with all the new 4K tvs that are coming out, 3d might not get much love.. I still love it though I love watching movies in 3D, just wish there was 1 real 3D game out (not a conversion), it would prob be amazing

Ehh the only one I know of is Trine 2 on the PS4, that had very good reviews for its 3D implementation. But yes I imagine 4K will be the focus as well as shoring up and trying to maintain 1080p in the long run.

frodrigues55
03-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Regarding the announcement, expected it was about WD :p

Man, that trailer was awesome. Great work. And I don't see any problems with the graphics, either. It looked great.

I hope they took this time to make the game less demanding. The PC's especs were ridiculous high even on the lowest, there was no way I was goiong to put my pc through that. I wonder if that will change, as I recall it was a major problem back then. It doesn't help that Ubi's track history is really bad regarding PC optimization, especially when you take AC's crappy performances into account.

ANYWAY, now that WD's release date is out, I'm starting to think we might get info on AC after may, like we did for Brotherhood and Revelations.

They probably want WD to be the focus of everything, as it is a big tittle for them and the begining of a new franchise. It was already odd how AC4 and WD were already going to fight for sales, now they probably want to be over with one and then move on. AC is probably not the focus for now.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
03-06-2014, 11:44 PM
I don't think I've ever seen so many people grasping at straws. This entire forum has consisted solely of "it might be today!" for...ever now. It's getting ridiculous.

It's almost like a child in the backseat asking "are we there yet?" over and over. I don't say this to be rude though it probably comes off that way -- I'm saying this because a lot of you are being naive. For instance, they already announced that it'd be a big week for Watch_Dogs and then the facebook says there's going to be an announcement. Instead of putting two and two together to get four -- you think the answer is Assassin's Creed. Even once the trailer for Watch_Dogs WAS released -- people were still thinking there'd be another announcement on the same day. I... what?

It's just ridiculous. Trust me... I'm veryyyy impatient too. Heck, I haven't even gotten AC4 yet so imagine how I feel. I really, REALLY want AC5 to be in China so of course the anticipation is killing me: is it going to be? Is it going to be yet ANOTHER European-based game? Or will it be somewhere I never even thought of?

But everyone need to calm downnnn. Everything's going to be okay. We'll get an announcement eventually. And probably sooner rather than later. The wait sucks though but it's disheartening to see so many people getting their hopes up only for them to basically go "oh...nothing today...again..."

Just assume there won't be anything, check the forums, and then when there IS an announcement, be pleasantly and ecstatically surprised!

pacmanate
03-07-2014, 01:14 AM
I don't think I've ever seen so many people grasping at straws. This entire forum has consisted solely of "it might be today!" for...ever now. It's getting ridiculous.

It's almost like a child in the backseat asking "are we there yet?" over and over. I don't say this to be rude though it probably comes off that way -- I'm saying this because a lot of you are being naive. For instance, they already announced that it'd be a big week for Watch_Dogs and then the facebook says there's going to be an announcement. Instead of putting two and two together to get four -- you think the answer is Assassin's Creed. Even once the trailer for Watch_Dogs WAS released -- people were still thinking there'd be another announcement on the same day. I... what?

It's just ridiculous. Trust me... I'm veryyyy impatient too. Heck, I haven't even gotten AC4 yet so imagine how I feel. I really, REALLY want AC5 to be in China so of course the anticipation is killing me: is it going to be? Is it going to be yet ANOTHER European-based game? Or will it be somewhere I never even thought of?

But everyone need to calm downnnn. Everything's going to be okay. We'll get an announcement eventually. And probably sooner rather than later. The wait sucks though but it's disheartening to see so many people getting their hopes up only for them to basically go "oh...nothing today...again..."

Just assume there won't be anything, check the forums, and then when there IS an announcement, be pleasantly and ecstatically surprised!

Yeah, a lot of people here are bloody ridiculous

I-Like-Pie45
03-07-2014, 03:30 AM
I have good evidence it will be announced on April 31st

a can of beer told me

Rengarious
03-07-2014, 05:53 AM

This man speaks wisdom.

D.I.D.
03-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Ehh the only one I know of is Trine 2 on the PS4, that had very good reviews for its 3D implementation. But yes I imagine 4K will be the focus as well as shoring up and trying to maintain 1080p in the long run.

4K gaming is absolutely not happening for PS4/XO consoles, ever. They're barely coping with 1080p now, despite all the crowing from PS4 owners. Even if you allow for advances in coding efficiency, there is no chance that a new gen console is going to deliver a 4K experience. If you look at PC capability now, the extra grunt needed to make even 2560x1440 work is enormous, and 4k requires a top level GPU to run today's games.

The only way you'll see 4K gaming on today's consoles is via some dramatic improvement in broadband standards that might allow 4K gaming across an OnLive-esque streaming service. Otherwise, upscaling is all you can hope for, and 4K movies. I suspect we'll end up with some kind of bolt-on peripheral, effectively an external GPU, or a much faster transition to an XBox Two/PS5 era.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 12:13 PM
4K gaming is absolutely not happening for PS4/XO consoles, ever. They're barely coping with 1080p now, despite all the crowing from PS4 owners. Even if you allow for advances in coding efficiency, there is no chance that a new gen console is going to deliver a 4K experience. If you look at PC capability now, the extra grunt needed to make even 2560x1440 work is enormous, and 4k requires a top level GPU to run today's games.

The only way you'll see 4K gaming on today's consoles is via some dramatic improvement in broadband standards that might allow 4K gaming across an OnLive-esque streaming service. Otherwise, upscaling is all you can hope for, and 4K movies. I suspect we'll end up with some kind of bolt-on peripheral, effectively an external GPU, or a much faster transition to an XBox Two/PS5 era.

Hence I said shoring up 1080P, emphasis on 4K will be on PC.

Dome500
03-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Hence I said shoring up 1080P, emphasis on 4K will be on PC.

One question, with developing processing power and the similarities between the consoles hardware and the PC hardware, and with PC apparently being lead platform for some games of the next generation (Watch Dogs, the Witcher), do you think they will go beyond 4K gaming and continue to raise the actual level of GPU/CPU power needed to play games on PC or do you think they will stay on a mid-level to ensure that "mainstream" PC users on mid-level processors and graphic cards can still play those games?

Might be important for me personally.

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
One question, with developing processing power and the similarities between the consoles hardware and the PC hardware, and with PC apparently being lead platform for some games of the next generation (Watch Dogs, the Witcher), do you think they will go beyond 4K gaming and continue to raise the actual level of GPU/CPU power needed to play games on PC or do you think they will stay on a mid-level to ensure that "mainstream" PC users on mid-level processors and graphic cards can still play those games?

Might be important for me personally.

Go beyond 4K? Not in the near future. 4K itself isn't even mainstream locally your talking at least £1000 for a decent 4K monitor and you need the GPU power to push it to the monitor so thats another good chunk of cash, that needs to come down significantly. It also from a tech perspective, 4K is a big leap itself over 1080p, next step up is 8K. To put it simply, 4K is pushing 4X as many pixels as 1080p. 8K is pushing 16x as many pixels as 1080p.

In terms of cost and technology available to the mainstream, 4K is barely through the door so don't factor in 8K at all its a long time away unless consumer tech all of a sudden jumps head leaps and bounds and cost falls significantly.

Although Assassins Creed in 8K would be something...

Mr.GoodKall
03-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, can anyone answer this question for me...

I have Black flag for 360, but bought a PS4 and I want to play Freedom Cry on my PS4 instead of 360. Do I have to purchase a PS4 copy of BF in order to do so? or can I just download Freedom cry and play it without the BF disk??

Thanks

LoyalACFan
03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, can anyone answer this question for me...

I have Black flag for 360, but bought a PS4 and I want to play Freedom Cry on my PS4 instead of 360. Do I have to purchase a PS4 copy of BF in order to do so? or can I just download Freedom cry and play it without the BF disk??

Thanks

Freedom Cry is being released as a standalone title, so if you get it in that form, you don't need a copy of Black Flag. But I'm not sure whether the standalone version is out yet; I already had mine in DLC form when that announcement was made, so I didn't pay much attention to it. I think there's a stickied thread on the front page that will tell you more.

Edit- yeah, I just checked, it's been available as it's own title since February 19. Just be sure to get the standalone version, don't download it from the AC4 DLC menu in the PS Store.

Dome500
03-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Go beyond 4K? Not in the near future. 4K itself isn't even mainstream locally your talking at least £1000 for a decent 4K monitor and you need the GPU power to push it to the monitor so thats another good chunk of cash, that needs to come down significantly. It also from a tech perspective, 4K is a big leap itself over 1080p, next step up is 8K. To put it simply, 4K is pushing 4X as many pixels as 1080p. 8K is pushing 16x as many pixels as 1080p.

In terms of cost and technology available to the mainstream, 4K is barely through the door so don't factor in 8K at all its a long time away unless consumer tech all of a sudden jumps head leaps and bounds and cost falls significantly.

Although Assassins Creed in 8K would be something...

That's not what I meant.

What I meant is, if they go beyond the level of detail and graphics they have in a PC game like, say Watch Dogs, then the MINIMUM requirements would also go up.
What I am asking is "do you think requirements will significantly increase on PC in order to push for better graphics, or do you think they will only moderately increase but stay within a certain relation to XboxOne and PS4, considering SOME games might have PC as lead platform in the future and might get TONED DOWN afterwards to run on PS4/XboxOne. Or do you think the most games will be developed for either XOne or PS4 as lead platform and afterwards ported and polished for PC?.

Mr.GoodKall
03-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Freedom Cry is being released as a standalone title, so if you get it in that form, you don't need a copy of Black Flag. But I'm not sure whether the standalone version is out yet; I already had mine in DLC form when that announcement was made, so I didn't pay much attention to it. I think there's a stickied thread on the front page that will tell you more.

Edit- yeah, I just checked, it's been available as it's own title since February 19. Just be sure to get the standalone version, don't download it from the AC4 DLC menu in the PS Store.

awesome. Thanks

Will_Lucky
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM
That's not what I meant.

What I meant is, if they go beyond the level of detail and graphics they have in a PC game like, say Watch Dogs, then the MINIMUM requirements would also go up.
What I am asking is "do you think requirements will significantly increase on PC in order to push for better graphics, or do you think they will only moderately increase but stay within a certain relation to XboxOne and PS4, considering SOME games might have PC as lead platform in the future and might get TONED DOWN afterwards to run on PS4/XboxOne. Or do you think the most games will be developed for either XOne or PS4 as lead platform and afterwards ported and polished for PC?.

Hard to say, there has already been a significant jump in terms of requirements for games. And in regards to lead platforms, thats an interesting term. Some engines actually construct the game across the board at the same time and the engine team work on each platform catering to its strengths and weaknesses.

And occasionally you get certain developers who claim the PC is the lead platform but in reality it isn't, more of a marketing gimmick. Console players quite frankly don't care so long as the game works, but PC gamers well its a matter of pride. Certain developers have claimed it, and its turned out to be false, in some cases due to the first reason I mentioned ;).

In regards to will PC remain head of development? Not likely, its a new generation so initially PC will be lead platform due to the ease of transferring it and of course timescale, but over time the PS4 will likely become the lead platform, or the XB1 depending on how the SDK turns out over the next year. The XB1 will become the base, PS4 gets a little extra due to its extra GPU and memory horsepower perhaps just a resolution bump (Unless the dev is lazy) and the PC will be bumped up by a dedicated team (Unless of course again the dev is lazy).

Dome500
03-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Hard to say, there has already been a significant jump in terms of requirements for games. And in regards to lead platforms, thats an interesting term. Some engines actually construct the game across the board at the same time and the engine team work on each platform catering to its strengths and weaknesses.

And occasionally you get certain developers who claim the PC is the lead platform but in reality it isn't, more of a marketing gimmick. Console players quite frankly don't care so long as the game works, but PC gamers well its a matter of pride. Certain developers have claimed it, and its turned out to be false, in some cases due to the first reason I mentioned ;).

In regards to will PC remain head of development? Not likely, its a new generation so initially PC will be lead platform due to the ease of transferring it and of course timescale, but over time the PS4 will likely become the lead platform, or the XB1 depending on how the SDK turns out over the next year. The XB1 will become the base, PS4 gets a little extra due to its extra GPU and memory horsepower perhaps just a resolution bump (Unless the dev is lazy) and the PC will be bumped up by a dedicated team (Unless of course again the dev is lazy).

Thx. I'm just trying to check out the hardware future y'know. I don't want to upgrade now and have to buy a new system in 2 years, I'd rather have it hold 4 - 5 years (graphics card excluded, since I definitely have to change it in 2 - 3 years, I am aware of that).